• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm taking my sister and some friends through normal raid at 7 pm est. I will be looking for two capable people from gaf sometime around then. I'm pretty dayum flawless so it should go well.

My Titan still hasn't raided this week, so I'll come!

Edit: Oh yeah, I got my Warlock to 30 after only like 4 weeks. :p

rNilla

Another ascendant materials + chatterwhite normal run. Oh and my third VoC. Oh well, RNG made gear rain down upon on my Hunter and Warlock this week.

Cømet

Banned
I'd like in on the raid. 28 warlock

Psnid iiidredayiii

Still need to do it bud? Setting up raid group two now, ready to go as soon as everyone's ready.

Another ascendant materials + chatterwhite normal run. Oh and my third VoC. Oh well, RNG made gear rain down upon on my Hunter and Warlock this week.

At least VoC is good right? :p

That was pretty piss-poor for drops. Don't think anyone got anything amazing.

hydruxo

Looking for some feedback on Hand Cannons.

Got Thorn and Last Word on the same day.. Been absolutely loving Fatebringer in PvP.

Which exotic do you all prefer? How does FB stack up?

Hawkmoon!

But honestly, I'm biased towards hand cannons in general. Easily my favorite weapon type in this game. TLW, Thorn, and Fatebringer are all great in PVP.

VoC users question:

I unlocked the perks up to ZEN, and would like to know what do you prefer from the previous perk tree.

-Field scout or you still take the Stability one?

I don't feel like it needs more stability so I go with field scout. Especially for weapons I use in the raid I always feel like more ammo is a good thing to have

k1t4j

Anyone here trying HM raid tonight and don't mind a lv29 with them?

I really want to try and see if I get my last piece of gear...

Got Thorn and Last Word on the same day.. Been absolutely loving Fatebringer in PvP.

FB is the superior choice imo, because it's fantastic and lets you use another exotic. If that isn't really important to you, I'd say Thorn is better as long as you have the DoT unlocked.

Hawkmoon is probably the best though....

Depends on your playstyle. I can't speak to FB, but TLW is better paired with an aggressive playstyle while Thorn forces you to play very defensively. I personally like Thorn because I don't prefer head-on engagements, but both have their place.

I tried to put platinum trophy art on it. It was a failure. Was already messing around with it so I changed it to be a guy wearing it in total bliss.

For a second I thought you'd managed to get it, but then I realised there's no way you wouldn't be yelling about that lol.

Did the weekly and got eight coins with my 28 main, did the 3 coin run on my Titan alt that is 25. I'm still short 5 coins and I don't think I'm going to get then before he leaves. Really disappointed since this is the weapon I've wanted the entire time I've played, haha.

Hawkmoon.

Want.

:(

You're telling me!

In my first raid ever, on the Gorgon chest, someone got the Hawkmoon. They said "aww another dupe" and then dismantled it right there.

u_u

The-Dean-Winchester-Single-Tear-in-When-The-Levee-Breaks-supernatural-20261995-510-260.gif

rNilla

Cømet;138996646 said:
At least VoC is good right? :p

That was pretty piss-poor for drops. Don't think anyone got anything amazing.

At least we took a Gorgon out, so I can cross that off my to-do list, and it was an otherwise solid run.

Feorax

I've got a fully upgraded A.1F19X-Ryl that I've yet to take into PvP. It's a beast in PvE, so I'm looking forward to Iron Banner to see just how good this thing is (I've not played PvP since the scout rifle buff patch).

If it's shit, well fuck it, I bought TLW this weekend.

Jainc78

Banned
I have a gatekeeper hard checkpoint if anyone's up for it please have maxed weapons and will need some 30s PS4 Psn skatelivelearn

todd360

Tonight is the night fig. We will each get a hawkmoon. I will get one from the chest and you will get one from Atheon. I will also get raid gauntlets in this fantasy world.

Trying to run some crucible and get my weapons leveled up for IB. I get dumped into a match in progress on First Light smh. God I hate that map. But this happened lol...

WklfyG8.jpg

DAT 17.0 K/D ratio...total fluke

Tonight is the night fig. We will each get a hawkmoon. I will get one from the chest and you will get one from Atheon. I will also get raid gauntlets in this fantasy world.

Are you guys running alts through? I can't imagine you'd have any chests left to open this late in the week.

Mindlog

I enjoy Thorn too much to even consider using other handcannons in PvP. Hawkmoon and Fatebringer are both great, but even fully upgraded they haven't taken me away from Thorn.

The Last Word seems nice for close range, but I'm already accustomed to using Thorn at longer ranges and Final Rest in close.

*I will reroll the perks on my Timur's Lash. I fully leveled one of them and liked it. Fatebringer offers more, but I like having options.

nowai

FB is the superior choice imo, because it's fantastic and lets you use another exotic. If that isn't really important to you, I'd say Thorn is better as long as you have the DoT unlocked.

Hawkmoon is probably the best though....

Not probably. Most definitely the best!

When Hawkmoon procs and I kill someone in two headshots, I love it. On the other hand, when it doesn't proc and they manage to run away, I wish I had the Thorn DoT ticking on them.

What's the mim level for hard mode? I've forgotten.

I was thinking normal. A 26 MAY be able to get in, but a goblin fart would probably kill me. Actually, now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure I dropped in on a Templar cheese with my Titan at 26. She died about 5 seconds into it.

Yeah, my Titan is only 27 and I haven't raided with her yet this week. Only taken her through once before and got nothing but ass. :p

Did you feel like you could contribute at 27, or were you just along for the ride?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
the only thing hawkmoon doesn't excel at is being a legendary. if you chose what you put in the slot based on being the best in its category even if that counts as an exotic, hawkmoon is the best in its category. fatebringer is certainly not far behind if you desire an exotic special or heavy though. thorn's a completely different gun as is tlw.

rNilla

I already have a Monte Carlo but there was another one waiting for me at the Postmaster. I have no idea where this came from. A farming chest?

Cømet

Banned
At least we took a Gorgon out, so I can cross that off my to-do list, and it was an otherwise solid run.

Yeah definitely! Did it pretty quick, glad some got the Grimoire ticked off.

Will be running that second normal run soon, looking for two more (assuming astro's done with his world record attempt ;) ).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
sweet. 7 more coins and I can afford everything I want from xur,and I have to do the 28 weekly on my main still :D

Don't think I'll manage to level The Last Word in time for Iron Banner, but it sure is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom