• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

If you're up late, mind dragging my 26 through? At least to the gorgon maze... I want to make sure the game isn't going to give me TLW before I go and buy it.

You can only enter hard mode at level 27. At that point it is only realistic to try to do an oracles to gorgons cheese run.

Deku Tree

Well, it was only normal :lol. I'd like to think my experience overrides me being underlevelled at the end. I can do hard mode as a 29 after all ;).

I was thinking normal. A 26 MAY be able to get in, but a goblin fart would probably kill me. Actually, now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure I dropped in on a Templar cheese with my Titan at 26. She died about 5 seconds into it.

Did you feel like you could contribute at 27, or were you just along for the ride?

I've done the normal raid four times now with my 27 Titan and I can certainly hold my own and contribute a lot and I don't die very much or at all. It's because I've done the raid so many times though.

I was thinking normal. A 26 MAY be able to get in, but a goblin fart would probably kill me. Actually, now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure I dropped in on a Templar cheese with my Titan at 26. She died about 5 seconds into it.

lol yeah, that's why I was asking. Wasn't talking about a normal one. You'd be all squishified in hard at 26. Some enemies would show up with red question marks.

Gonna hit a strike playlist for now I think. Unless I see fig, in which case will run her over with my sparrow a few times, and then do strikes.

In my first raid ever, on the Gorgon chest, someone got the Hawkmoon. They said "aww another dupe" and then dismantled it right there.

u_u
I did that on the Gorgon chest when I got a 2nd GHorn. Didn't have an alt at the time, so dismantled. Bit of regret about that now.

Hmm.... gonna keep these hard lights on my characters, if I ever get a Gjallahorn or a Hawkmoon, I'll say "Aw man another dupe" then dismantle the Hard Light

EL CUCO

So the only thing TLW has on my 3 other HC's is ROF and reload (sometimes, because FB has fast reload after crit perk)

Not worth an exotic slot...not buying.
Fuk outta here, Xur. Don't come back till you got my Ghorn

Well, it was only normal :lol. I'd like to think my experience overrides me being underlevelled at the end. I can do hard mode as a 29 after all ;).

I've done the normal raid four times now with my 27 Titan and I can certainly hold my own and contribute a lot and I don't die very much or at all. It's because I've done the raid so many times though.

Hmm. That has me more confident that I may not be completely useless at 26. With any luck, I'd get a raid piece at the oracles and be able hit 27 mid raid. Not sure what the base light is on 30 gear, but it's got to be better than the blue that I'm rolling with.

Deku Tree

Hmm. That has me more confident that I may not be completely useless at 26. With any luck, I'd get a raid piece at the oracles and be able hit 27 mid raid. Not sure what the base light is on 30 gear, but it's got to be better than the blue that I'm rolling with.

Base light on raid gear is the same as legendaries 18 light. Then the last three upgrades are 2-3-3 vs 1-2-2 for legendaries. All else is the same.

lol yeah, that's why I was asking. Wasn't talking about a normal one. You'd be all squishified in hard at 26. Some enemies would show up with red question marks.

Gonna hit a strike playlist for now I think. Unless I see fig, in which case will run her over with my sparrow a few times, and then do strikes.

find-put-the-girl-you-have-been-flirting-with-was-actually-not-a-girl-fast-turtle.gif

So the only thing TLW has on my 3 other HC's is ROF and reload (sometimes, because FB has fast reload after crit perk)

Not worth an exotic slot...not buying.
Fuk outta here, Xur. Don't come back till you got my Ghorn

Specs don't mean much in the case of TLW. It's so good

The arc blade is so unbelievably overpowered it's hilarious. I wonder how that meeting went when they decided the supers for the Hunter in general. Both are ridiculous.

What are the goto weapons for best results getting the 500 Void Kills exotic bounty? I am dreading this. I can get decent Kills with my AR and grenades, but relying on Void may be Damn near impossible .

In my first raid ever, on the Gorgon chest, someone got the Hawkmoon. They said "aww another dupe" and then dismantled it right there.

u_u
In the raid when I get a duplicate weppon I'll like to go hide in a corner, say I found a new chest and dismantle it so everyone well see the energies appear. Trolling yes. But harmless fun

The arc blade is so unbelievably overpowered it's hilarious. I wonder how that meeting went when they decided the supers for that class.

You can at least fight back and kill a bladedancer, especially if your Super is ready. If you get hit by a Striker or Void walker you just take your lumps, but a blade dancer you can try to avoid and even kill.

The arc blade is so unbelievably overpowered it's hilarious. I wonder how that meeting went when they decided the supers for that class.

I was totally like this until I tried it. It might just be me sucking, but damn I get killed so easily during it. Recently unlocked hungering blade for it. Why is that arcbladers are so hard to kill when you're playing against them but you die so easily when you play as them? :(

Atheon hard mode kill took ~1:45 from the start of the checkpoint loading to death animation, right at end of first Time's Vengeance. Really good first run, can definitely be improved. That was pretty fun though, haha.

jett

D-Member
Two hours trying to solo Nightfall, finally someone joins me at the end on my third try and I beat it, hoping for dem coins.

What do I get?

MOTHERFUCKING SUNBREAKERS

I knew I shouldn't have come back to this game.

rNilla

We blew through a normal raid with a 26 earlier. Of course we also had four 29s.

Atheon hard mode kill took ~1:45 from the start of the checkpoint loading to death animation, right at end of first Time's Vengeance. Really good first run, can definitely be improved. That was pretty fun though, haha.

Nice, wish I'd been around for it. Did u guys kinda figure out a nice strategy as far as where everyone stood to hammer atheon.?

Greenymac

Im waiting for it to be posted so I can watch...Twitch didnt archive it...

The arc blade is so unbelievably overpowered it's hilarious. I wonder how that meeting went when they decided the supers for the Hunter in general. Both are ridiculous.

223.gif

What are the goto weapons for best results getting the 500 Void Kills exotic bounty? I am dreading this. I can get decent Kills with my AR and grenades, but relying on Void may be Damn near impossible .

Buy the 77 Wizard or Comedian if you have enough marks. Truth would be handy if you bought that, but The Swarm would also do.

Atheon's Epilogue sucks, but there aren't many void primaries.

Buy the 77 Wizard or Comedian if you have enough marks. Truth would be handy if you bought that, but The Swarm would also do.

Already got the Comedian, guess I should pick up a Heavy for more options. Not looking forward to it. May have to use chump tacrics.

Thanks for the recs.

Nice, wish I'd been around for it. Did u guys kinda figure out a nice strategy as far as where everyone stood to hammer atheon.?

Yeah, we did some practice rounds for a while until figuring out something pretty solid. Just a matter of fine tuning all the details then we'll decide if any major revisions are necessary.

Im waiting for it to be posted so I can watch...Twitch didnt archive it...

Yeah, I watched my saved video to check the time and I know Astro is uploading his version to You Tube soon.

I was totally like this until I tried it. It might just be me sucking, but damn I get killed so easily during it. Recently unlocked hungering blade for it. Why is that arcbladers are so hard to kill when you're playing against them but you die so easily when you play as them? :(

I've killed a lot of bladedancers with shotguns to the face. Sometimes I die as I do it, but I just saved my team. <3

Really depends how far away they are when they pop it and if they're just running towards you or dashing....

I've killed a lot of bladedancers with shotguns to the face. Sometimes I die as I do it, but I just saved my team. <3

Really depends how far away they are when they pop it and if they're just running towards you or dashing....

Sometimes it's a shotgun to the face sometimes it's lag and sometimes it's me being too far away or popping it in plain sight. I much rather use golden gun tbh

Lima

The shotgun only raid done. Well that wasn't that much fun. The conflux part was actually pretty easy because enemies are up close but god damn Templar and Atheon were a bitch. Nothing is more hilarious than firing a Universal remote at him from the middle out of the bubble and seeing the number 5 pop up. Yes 5 fucking damage even with time of vengeance.

Lol we had to get so close to him it's ridiculous. We wiped so much because these fucking bosses with their stupid stomp moves killed so many people at once.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I have

Midi mutil-tool
Bad Juju
Invective
Pocket Infinity
Truth
Thunderlord
Super Good Advice

Which ones should I work on upgrading first?

Hey! I have four SGA's, don't make fun of them. I'm stock piling them for when they eventually add exotic energy as upgrade materials.

Whenever people ask about which guns, builds etc. are best, make sure to include what modes you play (pve, pvp or both?). TLord is maybe the best pvp exotic and great for arc burns so that would probably get my vote.

Ghazi

Just beat Nightfall and the 26 I carried got a Helm of the Saints and I got another Prestige IV.

I have played 2 nightfalls every week since the end of September and I have yet to get an exotic while most people I've played with have :(

Thunderlord is beastly even un-upgraded, so you should probably go Truth first. It's just any old rocket launcher until you have tracking unlocked.

Deku Tree

Just beat Nightfall and the 26 I carried got a Helm of the Saints and I got another Prestige IV.

I have played 2 nightfalls every week since the end of September and I have yet to get an exotic while most people I've played with have :(

We did nightfall three times on Tuesday and two exotics dropped on each one.

Zakalwe

Banned
Uploading. 20 minutes because my roommate bought us the world's slowest broadband.

1:48 is the exact time. Watching it over it looks like he regens a little bit of health at the end. Also with more IWoL we'd have shaved off a few seconds or more.

Will link as soon as it's up.

Uploading. 20 minutes because my roommate bought us the world's slowest broadband.

1:48 is the exact time. Watching it over it looks like he regens a little bit of health at the end. Also with more IWoL we'd have shaved off a few seconds or more.

Will link as soon as it's up.

I was watching that and yelling at my screen, "stop shooting him! Your going to kill him and you could have done better!"

Then he died.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom