• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was watching that and yelling at my screen, "stop shooting him! Your going to kill him and you could have done better!"

Then he died.

Haha yeah, we can definitely do a lot better but it was good to get a baseline established first, give us a goal to shoot for. We'll be fiending for that hard Atheon checkpoint for a whole new reason now... We'll probably bust out a normal run or two just for comparison.

Issues like lag/health regen could be a big problem honestly. We'll see.

Edit: we should use video of the practice rounds to time it from checkpoint start to first teleport, just to see how consistent that is.

Zakalwe

Banned
I was watching that and yelling at my screen, "stop shooting him! Your going to kill him and you could have done better!"

Then he died.

Haha. I was feeling the same way right at the end, but I think it's good to finish it once for practise. We'll keep trying, hopefully some other groups will too so we can get some contest going.

Really fun. :3

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Nice, 1:48 is your time to beat! I totally missed out on how you guys strategized it, but the idea I had was basically to have two teams, one each with a itan defender on it to be the "bubbler". one would become the portal team and one would be the outside team

if the two teams weren't split up by the first teleport, wipe. Repeat until you do get the correct teams. The bubbler never takes the relic. outside team SERIOUSLY clears supplicants. when the last Oracle is about to die, inside team tells outside team, and they IMMEDIATELY drop the WoL bubble on the outside (on the sync plate basically). They'll jump and shoot at Atheon from there. as soon as inside team gets out, their bubbler drops their WoL just on the other side of the portal, relic holder cleanses, and all switch to gjallar and hit him. If the Relic holder has Gjallar too, drop the relic and fire one off then pick back up. If they don't, shoot the relic super at him.

trying to get everyone into one place to fire at him with the relic bubble up will take too long I think. Supplicants will be a threat but obviously you're trying to kill him quickly enough that they don't get to you.

milkham

What void weapons did everyone use when working on the crucible thorn bounty?

i used the comedian and the swarm, but i was also doing it on my voidwalker so ymmv
if you can grab heavy ammo and defend a control point you should do pretty well

excowboy

Already got the Comedian, guess I should pick up a Heavy for more options. Not looking forward to it. May have to use chump tacrics.

Thanks for the recs.

I did this with the Comedian and a lot of corner camping - just make good use of your radar, play control and hang out of the main routes into control points. You'll find you can jump a lot folks eho are just going for the cap. Should say I was playing Voidwalker too but the majority of my kills were with the shotgun. Good luck!

Cømet

Banned
Destiny doesn't half take the utter piss. Spend ages dragging level 26s through the Nightfall, and for what? Mate gets the standard Vanquisher which is cake to buy, and I get 8 shards....

Fuck you Bungie. Shards and energy should NOT be on the Nightfall loot table, nor should they be on Templar/Atheon's loot tables. Utter fucking bullshit. Getting sick of being dealt tripe for my efforts. GTA V will be a welcome reprieve from this cack.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
How do you use it?
It's borderline unusable for serious play out of the box, almost a handicap.

Upgraded, the way to go will be firing mainly from the hip mid-to-close range, quick shots but NOT holding down the trigger unless they're in extreme close range. Aiming for the head from the hip for the bonus, only ADS if you really need the range (but don't engage at mid-to-far at all).

In the areas of engagement in which it excels, it's definitely among the best if not the best at its job. Will take some skill to use, though
Do you like it better than Hawkmoon?
no hawkmoon is the greatest weapon ever forged by man or machine

I know this is a shot in the dark especially since I am on Xbone, but does anyone want to help run my 25 alt through the 28 Weekly? I need the coins to finally buy TLW.

Bluenova

Neo Member
Hey guys What weapons would you buy from Vanguard Qtrmaster? I have some nice guns since last week, like Atheon Epilogue and Universal remote, an Epitaph, a reliable regulator with 13 mag.

So there's devil you know, shadow price, the swarm, or maybe the pulse or scout rifles are alot better than the upgraded rares I have?

What have you guys really liked?

SharkJAW

I need to run the hard raid twice any time tonight. On my lvl 29 warlock and on my lvl 29 defender. Just let me know, PS4: SharkJAW

Hey guys What weapons would you buy from Vanguard Qtrmaster? I have some nice guns since last week, like Atheon Epilogue and Universal remote, an Epitaph, a reliable regulator with 13 mag.

So there's devil you know, shadow price, the swarm, or maybe the pulse or scout rifles are alot better than the upgraded rares I have?

What have you guys really liked?

Depends on what you prefer, but TDYK and Shadow Price are both great for their type. Can't go wrong with The Swarm either if you need a machine gun.

Zakalwe

Banned

Upgraded, the way to go will be firing mainly from the hip mid-to-close range, quick shots but NOT holding down the trigger unless they're in extreme close range. Aiming for the head from the hip for the bonus, only ADS if you really need the range (but don't engage at mid-to-far at all).

In the areas of engagement in which it excels, it's definitely among the best if not the best at its job. Will take some skill to use, though

You can full auto fire at quite a distance if you're good with the recoil. The accuracy of each shot is incredible, it's the upward kick that makes it tricky and balances it.

Takes practise and skill to use that way, but it's well worth learning.

Nice, 1:48 is your time to beat! I totally missed out on how you guys strategized it, but the idea I had was basically to have two teams, one each with a itan defender on it to be the "bubbler". one would become the portal team and one would be the outside team

trying to get everyone into one place to fire at him with the relic bubble up will take too long I think. Supplicants will be a threat but obviously you're trying to kill him quickly enough that they don't get to you.

Thanks Hawkian! I don't think any of us were watching the twitch comments during the run, but your comment gave us a good laugh afterwards "what happened? I missed it!" haha.

I think the outside team strat is pretty well set and just needs fine tuning but the portal team may need some revisions and then start adjusting things to be more aggressive as the time improves.

So it was approximately 38 sec to teleport, 40 seconds until T's V was up, then 30 seconds to kill (right at end of TV). Definitely makes you wonder where those 13 seconds went but he clearly regens health at the 1:44-1:45 point. He has basically no health bar, keeps getting hit, and suddenly has some pretty noticeable health back. Best time possible will be very dependent on shit like that.

From watching practice runs, it looked to be a consistent 37-38 seconds each time until first teleport btw.

Edit: Portal time could definitely be improved, but getting a left side portal would be ideal. Easier to down adds and keep ahead on oracles so that the last one is blasted as soon as it spawns. Would also make jumping to the middle easier for the outside team staked out on the back right side (won't block any shots).

gdt

We are 4 lvl 29 gaffers at the gatekeeper checkpoint on hard. Does anyone wanna hop on and help out? Preferably 30's to just get us through it.

Just join up, ps4 gdt5016

Wow! Even with such a fast kill it Seems like you could speed things up in a lot of places.

Yeah there were a few problems here and there.

We really need a WoL in the middle next time. I lost my buff like half way through times vengeance. The WoL in the back right apparently was too far far forward, hindering the team there.

Tidying up everything means we can easily shave off like ten seconds or so.

Edit: just watched the video...

Greenymac if you were the other one inside the relic bubble with me, I am so sorry for being the asshole who keeps on moving and getting in your way!

Greenymac

Thanks. And definitely Deku, a few rockets hit scenery and we could have taken the portal faster. Exiting the portal and getting to centre could have had a couple of seconds shaved.

Looking forward to trying again.

Now we will always be on the hunt for Atheon checkpoints....

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
You should just go ahead and dismantle super good advice right now.

I already dismantled one. This is my second. :)

I'm also one event away from getting my Thorn. I get my ass kicked in that one area so I'm trying to level up. Shielded enemies are so annoying.

So basically Bad Juju, Invective and Super Good Advice are crappy. I think shotguns in general seem to be crappy. I haven't seen any good use out of them.

As for legendaries I have Red Hand IX, Super Pox, Vlo, Vanquisher VIII, Prudence II, Final Boss, Purifier VII, The Swarm and Deviant Gravity A.

Only weapon I have fully upgraded is the Vanquisher which is my main weapon. If anybody wants to suggest a more optimal build that would be okay. I lucked out in getting most of them. They were all either Crucible drops or leveling up my Dead Orbit/Crpyt ranks.

I'm also only 12 shards away from 29 so I might be able to join raids then.

Kamina

Golden Boy

Okay, thanks for the tips :)

Alright! :D

Yeah there were a few problems here and there.

We really need a WoL in the middle next time. I lost my buff like half way through times vengeance. The WoL in the back right apparently was too far far forward, hindering the team there.

Tidying up everything means we can easily shave off like ten seconds or so

Yeah, I had put a WoL at the back/middle of the platform but then forgot to dip back into it to re-buff. WoL lasts for 10 seconds, so we will need at least 1 rebuff after getting it right outside the portal. We could even consider having all 3 portal members stay in a WoL then just pop forward to shoot 2, back up to reload, etc. Relic can be dropped inside the WoL, forward for 2 shots, then back to pick up relic. Make sure both teams have a set left-middle-right positioning so everyone is just moving straight forward and back. A lot of time to be saved all over the place, haha. That lag will be a monster though.

Greenymac if you were the other one inside the relic bubble with me, I am so sorry for being the asshole who keeps on moving and getting in your way!

That was me, haha. We can iron out those details for sure, just have to clearly establish the positioning.

Edit: Also, astro's video gives a great example of "do rockets shoot out of the relic bubble?!" We were getting 0 splash damage and no problems with blowing ourselves up.

Kalamari

I already dismantled one. This is my second. :)

I'm also one event away from getting my Thorn. I get my ass kicked in that one area so I'm trying to level up. Shielded enemies are so annoying.

So basically Bad Juju, Invective and Super Good Advice are crappy. I think shotguns in general seem to be crappy. I haven't seen any good use out of them.

As for legendaries I have Red Hand IX, Super Pox, Vlo, Vanquisher VIII, Prudence II, Final Boss, Purifier VII, The Swarm and Deviant Gravity A.

Only weapon I have fully upgraded is the Vanquisher which is my main weapon. If anybody wants to suggest a more optimal build that would be okay. I lucked out in getting most of them. They were all either Crucible drops or leveling up my Dead Orbit/Crpyt ranks.

I'm also only 12 shards away from 29 so I might be able to join raids then.

You can join normal raids right now, 29 is just the recommended level for starting the hard raid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom