• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cømet;139008244 said:
Destiny doesn't half take the utter piss. Spend ages dragging level 26s through the Nightfall, and for what? Mate gets the standard Vanquisher which is cake to buy, and I get 8 shards....

Fuck you Bungie. Shards and energy should NOT be on the Nightfall loot table, nor should they be on Templar/Atheon's loot tables. Utter fucking bullshit. Getting sick of being dealt tripe for my efforts. GTA V will be a welcome reprieve from this cack.

Hasnt happened to me but I think the worse is the 6-8 Strange Coin reward. How can you give a reward that is less than the Weekly 28 prize when it is so much harder ha

Ambitious

I just need a legendary helmet to hit level 28 with my alt, but I can't find one. I could play Crucible for a few hours to get enough marks, but I haven't ranked up the Crucible vendors yet. And even if I were to hit the weekly cap for Vanguard marks, I still wouldn't have enough for a helmet. Damn.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Edit: Portal time could definitely be improved, but getting a left side portal would be ideal. Easier to down adds and keep ahead on oracles so that the last one is blasted as soon as it spawns. Would also make jumping to the middle easier for the outside team staked out on the back right side (won't block any shots).
It looks like the portal team doesn't actually start doing any damage until :22 left on Time's Vengeance, so maybe it is worth rethinking the center platform? I also really think the relic holder should be contributing some DPS (drop it and fire the horn, relic super) rather than using the bubble. Obviously it's riskier, but this isn't exactly a safe endeavor in the first place XD

Basically, on the run that sets a record, it's gotta be all dps as soon as time's vengeance starts for as many of the 6 people as possible.

damn, really seems like a fun challenge to me! keep it up guys

Bluenova

Neo Member
As a lvl 27 on a raid, I think it was hardmode, I did well enough. I did tend to die more than others, however often I had good 3-8 oracle kills and supplicants, in other words pulling my weight. Don't be discouraged. Everyone can make a mistake and die lol.

This is sick, the barrage is nonstop.

Depends on what you prefer, but TDYK and Shadow Price are both great for their type. Can't go wrong with The Swarm either if you need a machine gun.

Hey thanks, I also read your post up the page. hmm. Its a toss up for my playstyle, i run in as a hunter and all choices seem good for aggressive run and gun.

Greenymac

It looks like the portal team doesn't actually start doing any damage until :22 left on Time's Vengeance, so maybe it is worth rethinking the center platform? I also really think the relic holder should be contributing some DPS (drop it and fire the horn, relic super) rather than using the bubble. Obviously it's riskier, but this isn't exactly a safe endeavor in the first place XD

Basically, on the run that sets a record, it's gotta all dps as soon as time's vengeance stats for as many of the 6 people as possible.

We were talking About some of those very things during dry runs, but we had to at least setva time, then clean it up from there. Gonna be fun watching the seconds drop off each run.

I was so lucky that my first legendary armour piece was a helmet. Got it from a Cryptarch package pre-patch as well. Now he just gives me blues.

Basically, on the run that sets a record, it's gotta all dps as soon as time's vengeance stats for as many of the 6 people as possible.

Yeah, I agree completely. Need to figure out a better portal team strat. Only issue with not going to center platform is that we want to keep him positioned in the middle without him walking around too much. Definitely think the next run should involve some relic dropping to add at least another ~4 rockets into the mix. Thanks for the support.

Btw, anyone from the outside team able to upload a video? Greeny, Steroyd or Reckoning?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
We were talking About some of those very things during dry runs, but we had to at least setva time, then clean it up from there. Gonna be fun watching the seconds drop off each run.
1:48 is a great starting time, and based on the other guys alone you know 1:31 is obviously doable, meaning under a minute and a half is completely in the realm of possibility.

Btw, anyone from the outside team able to upload a video? Greeny, Steroyd or Reckoning?

I was watching the stream from Greeny's pov, but don't see the video on the past broadcasts page of twitch :/

Btw you guys should use take advantage of the heavy ammo glitch so you don't have to wait for ammo synth cooldowns. Basically, you switch your system clock back a year while the VoG is loading and every time you die, you'll respawn with full heavy ammo.

Zakalwe

Banned

Basically, on the run that sets a record, it's gotta be all dps as soon as time's vengeance starts for as many of the 6 people as possible.

Centre platform just minimises time spent avoiding supplicants and gives a clear shot.

We played with a few positions. Even tried shaving the outside team run up behind Atheon (he followed them).

I'm going to study the room after the next kill for potential positions, if we can find somewhere that's not as exposed as centre then we'll definitely have the relic holder drop and fire too. The extra fire power could cut quite a few seconds.

R0ckman

Invective is a much easier bounty if you're not arsed about either weapon. Both are good PvP weapons anyway.

Well, I have Hawkmoon, and Last Word (also remembered that I helped a friend with the thorn bounty and the ogre battle was full on hell) so I'll go with Invective.

Cømet

Banned
Hasnt happened to me but I think the worse is the 6-8 Strange Coin reward. How can you give a reward that is less than the Weekly 28 prize when it is so much harder ha

Aww my damn titan got five coins last week as a "reward". Was so damn pissed, especially since we'd had to sit through that bloody Mars strike without a burn but angry AND lightswitch. Not worth it in the slightest.

Absolute idiots.

I was watching the stream from Greeny's pov, but don't see the video on the past broadcasts page of twitch :/

Btw you guys should use take advantage of the heavy ammo glitch so you don't have to wait for ammo synth cooldowns. Basically, you switch your system clock back a year while the VoG is loading and every time you die, you'll respawn with full heavy ammo.

Yeah I think his twitch stream didn't get saved for whatever reason. It doesn't matter too much since that time will be beaten next run anyway.

Damn, that is a useful tip, thanks! It was good to have the cool down timers this run just to give us time to practice and work on the strats, but that will be very useful next time.

Yeah, I had put a WoL at the back/middle of the platform but then forgot to dip back into it to re-buff. WoL lasts for 10 seconds, so we will need at least 1 rebuff after getting it right outside the portal. We could even consider having all 3 portal members stay in a WoL then just pop forward to shoot 2, back up to reload, etc. Relic can be dropped inside the WoL, forward for 2 shots, then back to pick up relic. Make sure both teams have a set left-middle-right positioning so everyone is just moving straight forward and back. A lot of time to be saved all over the place, haha. That lag will be a monster though.

That was me, haha. We can iron out those details for sure, just have to clearly establish the positioning.

I didn't even know there was a WoL in the back haha. And yeah, definitely need to work on positioning. I'm gonna force myself to stay still and crouch

Yeah I think his twitch stream didn't get saved for whatever reason. It doesn't matter too much since that time will be beaten next run anyway.

Damn, that is a useful tip, thanks! It was good to have the cool down timers this run just to give us time to practice and work on the strats, but that will be very useful next time.

You have to go into your twitch options and tick a box so it saves your streams automatically. Found that out the other day.

R0ckman

Can you tell who is causing lag in pvp? Just curious, got my first hate message in pvp and the guy accused me of causing the lag, even though my internet is the best that can be offered where I live, honestly doubt I'm the one that was causing it.

I'm glad I've gotten to the point that I no longer fear Bladedancers at all really. In fact I'm rarely ever killed by them anymore. In the last week I think I've only been killed by them twice.

Can you tell who is causing lag in pvp? Just curious, got my first hate message in pvp and the guy accused me of causing the lag, even though my internet is the best that can be offered where I live, honestly doubt I'm the one that was causing it.

Congrats on the hate mail! He (or she) is probably just mad lol.

To answer your question, if your connection to the host is bad, you'll probably see everyone lagging, not just one person. If someone else's connection to the host is bad, you would proably just see that one person lagging.

Either way, hate mail is amazing. Just think, someone was so mad that they took the time to find your profile, open up a message window, type a message with the slow-ass keyboard, and send it. Bravo sir.

Yeah, I had put a WoL at the back/middle of the platform but then forgot to dip back into it to re-buff. WoL lasts for 10 seconds, so we will need at least 1 rebuff after getting it right outside the portal. We could even consider having all 3 portal members stay in a WoL then just pop forward to shoot 2, back up to reload, etc. Relic can be dropped inside the WoL, forward for 2 shots, then back to pick up relic. Make sure both teams have a set left-middle-right positioning so everyone is just moving straight forward and back. A lot of time to be saved all over the place, haha. That lag will be a monster though.

That was me, haha. We can iron out those details for sure, just have to clearly establish the positioning.

Edit: Also, astro's video gives a great example of "do rockets shoot out of the relic bubble?!" We were getting 0 splash damage and no problems with blowing ourselves up.

Did you guys try putting the WOL bubbles on pillars? I noticed a couple of times you guys had troubles with supplicants taking over the bubbles. Clever girls.

I found out first hand that a supplicant in a bubble is very bad.

Deku Tree

I got a five strange coin reward. But yeah that's not as bad as a legendary or exotic that you already own or don't want that you turn into 2 or 3 ascendant materials.

Mindlog

Who's excited for IB monday?
I'm pumped!
Just need 64 more Relic Iron.
YEAH!
YEAH!

:(

Had some quick fun games with Crucible GAF. One or two funny moments need to be GIFd or WEBMd. Not my best performance overall, but did well.

Number of Hazard Pay medals before Thorn: 0
Number of Hazard Pay medals after Thorn: 1 2

There's no connection there... or is there? Thorn just makes Crucible more fun for me. The (a) buff is going to cause chaos.
I still need to unlock Perfect Balance on my AE. I suppose that could work well enough. Need to go buy a Void Machine gun now.
The Swarm is the best available.
^^^
I'd say my void kills were 15% Voidwalker, 25% Wizard 77 and 60% Swarm. Swarm is a really great heavy HMG. Just play control, stay alive and hover around those heavy ammo boxes. If you want Thorn you need Swarm™

find-put-the-girl-you-have-been-flirting-with-was-actually-not-a-girl-fast-turtle.gif

lol!!

Centre platform just minimises time spent avoiding supplicants and gives a clear shot.

We played with a few positions. Even tried shaving the outside team run up behind Atheon (he followed them).

I'm going to study the room after the next kill for potential positions, if we can find somewhere that's not as exposed as centre then we'll definitely have the relic holder drop and fire too. The extra fire power could cut quite a few seconds.

The portal team does need a better place. What I'm thinking is that the outside team does go to the back and someone puts WoL in the middle and not off to the side as we did. This way, maybe even if he follows us up, he would be in the middle?

Then the portal team would come out the back side, putting them close to Atheon with WoL. The relic bearer could then pop off 2 rockets, reload, pick up the shield then drop it. Rinse and repeat for him...

Hmm, just a thought

Did you guys try putting the WOL bubbles on pillars? I noticed a couple of times you guys had troubles with supplicants taking over the bubbles. Clever girls.

I found out first hand that a supplicant in a bubble is very bad.

We tried putting shields on top of the portals but found that anything that involves jumping up and down to fire rockets will take too long. In the time you can jump and fire one rocket, the the guy on the ground can fire two. Maybe even start reloading....

EL CUCO

GOT MY BOOOTS BITCHES!!!!!! 30 FTW. TIME TO LIVE THE ROCKSTAR LIFE. BACK UP ATHEON, BACK THE F UP!!!!!! IM IN YO BELLY!!!!!

I'm trying to be humble about this

How do you use it?
Do you like it better than Hawkmoon?

I'mma give you advice that's kind of contrary to what Hawkian gave you. Aim for upgrading it first, slap on the stability mod, ads and aim for the upper chest/ neck area,you'll still get plenty of head shots this way. Don't aim just for the head though, you'll miss precious shots this way, something you can't do because it's clip is so low.;Once you get the stability mod, you can fan the trigger as fast as you want and still accurately place shots, so it's important . You shouldn't depend on the hipfire,only in really close range should you use it. In general hipfire isn't too reliable in this game, so don't use it much, and definitely don't go for the head from the hip, you won't hit many shots. The stability and the fire rate is what Makes The Last Word good

Here's a game of FFA with me using the Last Word, p.osted it a few days ago, and even though it seems tacky to repost, it might help you to see how I used it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuI1K7BoqOA

and I've got plenty of 20-1, 20-0, 20-2 type games in FFA from using it this way.

Ourobolus

Banned
So I'd like to hop on a Hard Mode Raid later, as I just hit 30. The only Oracle weapon I got was Atheon's Epilogue, and I need to level it up a bit. Other than that, what stuff should I bring? I haven't gotten VoC, GH, etc. I normally rocked TDYK as my primary before and an almost-maxed Ice Breaker, plus a void Zombie Apocalypse. Would that be decent enough?
1:48 is a great starting time, and based on the other guys alone you know 1:31 is obviously doable, meaning under a minute and a half is completely in the realm of possibility.

Well the last oracle doesn't even spawn until 1:11, so you just have to account for anything after that.

That moment where you Shoulder Charge into a Ward Of Dawn and 1-hit the bubble maker
HNNNNNNNNNGH GET SOME

GOT MY BOOOTS BITCHES!!!!!! 30 FTW. TIME TO LIVE THE ROCKSTAR LIFE. BACK UP ATHEON, BACK THE F UP!!!!!! IM IN YO BELLY!!!!!

I'm trying to be humble about this
Nailed it

The portal team does need a better place. What I'm thinking is that the outside team does go to the back and someone puts WoL in the middle and not off to the side as we did. This way, maybe even if he follows us up, he would be in the middle?

Then the portal team would come out the back side, putting them close to Atheon with WoL. The relic bearer could then pop off 2 rockets, reload, pick up the shield then drop it. Rinse and repeat for him...

Yeah, the outside team at the back makes a ton of sense. I think for the portal team, I'd recommend the relic holder and one guardian (probably defender titan) go out the portal once there's one oracle left.

This gives you some extra time to get set up. The defender pops a bubble on the portal. Once time's vengeance is up, you'll have 5 seconds where Atheon is still standing still, so the relic holder can drop the relic during this time and unload two rockets on Atheon, then pick up the relic and super Atheon before he unfreezes.

Question, though, how did the two guys in the center shoot rockets out of the bubble? Doesn't that normally kill you?

excowboy

Levelling up my alt by playing missions - you still have to go to the reef and sit through five minutes of cut scene to get beyond the first Venus mission!

Zakalwe

Banned

Hmm, just a thought

The only issue I have with the back is when Atheon decides to do his disco chicken thing. He can do that even if everyone's centred and you can waste a lot if time waiting for a shot. Of course, sometimes he just behaves and that position would be ideal...

We could try it a few times just in case the planets align.

That literally just happened to me because I forgot I had WoL on from the Atheon kill...

What's your psn?
Psn: Whtsupxam
However, I have a disclaimer: Due to me not paying anything for our PS4(I have 3 brothers), I don't really have the authority to accept friend requests
However, if you're interconnected with the rest of Dgaf, that might help as we both need people to raid with
TL:DR; Do it and I may or may not add you
Edit: What's your PSN anyway? Same as here?

Zakalwe

Banned
Question, though, how did the two guys in the center shoot rockets out of the bubble? Doesn't that normally kill you?

You only kill yourself with rockets in the relic shield if you hit another player or clip the side of the relic itself.

Stand in front of the relic holder and don't move and you win.

Yeah, the outside team at the back makes a ton of sense. I think for the portal team, I'd recommend the relic holder and one guardian (probably defender titan) go out the portal once there's one oracle left.

This gives you some extra time to get set up. The defender pops a bubble on the portal. Once time's vengeance is up, you'll have 5 seconds where Atheon is still standing still, so the relic holder can drop the relic during this time and unload two rockets on Atheon, then pick up the relic and super Atheon before he unfreezes.

We tried that once (outside team going to the OG cheesing spot) but he followed us up. The problem was he went to the far left (from door's perspective) and behind some pillars. This may be mitigated by us standing as group in the center and he will also walk down the midline trying to hit us. The major problem I foresee is evading him, keeping WoL and hitting him. That first time one of the outside team got curb stomped by his leg pound haha and his WoL dissolved.

I like your second point though. Makes a lotta sense. As a warlock I can stay behind and take out that last oracle... We just have to make sure exactly what the destination for the portal team is...

Killing yourself with rockets in relic bubble is a bit of a misconception. You can shoot anything out of it unlike a titan bubble. The problem is when people move around and there's lots of people inside, you can accidentally hit them and kill yourself. It is not lost on me, that I was doing that very thing haha... Defo gonna avoid doing that next time. Also it's better to stand in front of relic guy cos sometimes the rockets clip the edge of the relic and blow up.

LiK

Hana, needed NF for Warlock and Gaffer was helping someone at the same time. Got it. Thanks bytestyle

Got 12 ass energy

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'mma give you advice that's kind of contrary to what Hawkian gave you. Aim for upgrading it first, slap on the stability mod, ads and aim for the upper chest/ neck area,you'll still get plenty of head shots this way. Don't aim just for the head though, you'll miss precious shots this way, something you can't do because it's clip is so low.;Once you get the stability mod, you can fan the trigger as fast as you want and still accurately place shots, so it's important . You shouldn't depend on the hipfire,only in really close range should you use it. In general hipfire isn't too reliable in this game, so don't use it much, and definitely don't go for the head from the hip, you won't hit many shots. The stability and the fire rate is what Makes The Last Word good

Here's a game of FFA with me using the Last Word, p.osted it a few days ago, and even though it seems tacky to repost, it might help you to see how I used it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuI1K7BoqOA

and I've got plenty of 20-1, 20-0, 20-2 type games in FFA from using it this way.
yeah, i honestly don't see anything that contradictory, I use hipfire all the time with hand cannons in general, so I have no issue relying on it and get kills frequently using iteven with hawkmoon or TDYK. It allows you to aim much more quickly and stay mobile. it's just about how comfortable you are with it. generally all this is good advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom