• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I had a ridiculous drop from Atheon last night. Got the VoC, Epilogue, patience and time, mythoclast and timebreaker all at once. Makes up for all the shards and chatterwhites I've been getting for the last few weeks.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm glad I've gotten to the point that I no longer fear Bladedancers at all really. In fact I'm rarely ever killed by them anymore. In the last week I think I've only been killed by them twice.
with pocket infinity, bladedancers and sunsingers with supers active look a liiittle like targets

Heel

GOT MY BOOOTS BITCHES!!!!!! 30 FTW. TIME TO LIVE THE ROCKSTAR LIFE. BACK UP ATHEON, BACK THE F UP!!!!!! IM IN YO BELLY!!!!!

I'm trying to be humble about this

imoVsMg6ATlk.gif

LordofPwn

Few comments:

Great job.
To improve time don't use middle strat.
4 Titans
1 weapon of light bubble for supplicant team 1 for portal team right after exiting portal.
Gjallarhorn from everyone.
Relic holder can do 2 shots, grab relic drop relic reload, pick up relic drop relic 2 more shots.
Relic holder is best doing dps than shielding. You pretty much ran TV with 5 people instead of 6, and was someone using a scout during tv?

gdt

Woooooh just did hard mode Atheon with 4 29s and 2 30s. Fantastic team wasn't that bad at all. Got the gloves and the ship (shit). Just need the boots and my hunter is level 30. I can do another hard raid but prob not tonight. That first part was exhausting.

Zakalwe

Banned
Few comments:

Great job.
To improve time don't use middle strat.
4 Titans
1 weapon of light bubble for supplicant team 1 for portal team right after exiting portal.
Gjallarhorn from everyone.
Relic holder can do 2 shots, grab relic drop relic reload, pick up relic drop relic 2 more shots.
Relic holder is best doing dps than shielding. You pretty much ran TV with 5 people instead of 6, and was someone using a scout during tv?

Thanks!

We know. It was a practise run to see what kind of time we could get. We're already set to do pretty much exactly what you wrote. ;)

yeah, i honestly don't see anything that contradictory, I use hipfire all the time with hand cannons in general, so I have no issue relying on it and get kills frequently using iteven with hawkmoon or TDYK. It allows you to aim much more quickly and stay mobile. it's just about how comfortable you are with it. generally all this is good advice

Yeah, I suppose we gave pretty similar advice now that I look at both posts. I just don't want anybody to fall in love with the hip fire; even with the bonuses The Last Word offers, hip fire should be used in specific situations. You're right though, when and where to use it does depend on your comfort level really.

Heh just got purple engram from the daily. 4th time this has happened in the past 7-8 days. Got a solar Zombie Apocalypse. Decent perks but my void ZA has field scout AMD this one does not.

Nodnol

*sigh*

Another raid done, another week at 29.

Meanwhile, my friend got the gauntlets he needed to hit thirty, in half the play time of myself and another friend.

I did get Corrective Measure (thoughts?) and the Sparrow, so I can't grumble too much. I know there's guys and girls out there who have done even more raid runs and got naff all, so I won't sulk too hard.

Such a broken and yet effective system to reach level 30.

I've been lied to my whole life. All this time I've been jumping up and down out of the shield...

Well, to be fair to those liars, jumping up is a really good safe strat for any other run. We just have to be all about those speed strats here...

Couple other comments:

1.) It's probably worthwhile to do a little damage when he spawns and we have ~35 seconds to kill. Couldn't hurt anyway as long as we are getting the sync plate up quickly.

2.) Watching a few other 1 round (or close) HM kills, it's a little shocking that it took the entire TV to finish him, not sure what the deal is. The other runs don't seem to be doing faster damage but his health drops quicker.

http://youtu.be/Vep1hyY6b68?t=4m

http://youtu.be/XyevNs220vA?t=28m39s

http://youtu.be/shKEaGBHVW4

3.) Thanks to the grimoire card popping up, I just noticed that the run was Astro's 35th raid clear. What a noob. :)

*sigh*

Another raid done, another week at 29.

Meanwhile, my friend got the gauntlets he needed to hit thirty, in half the play time of myself and another friend.

I did get Corrective Measure (thoughts?) and the Sparrow, so I can't grumble too much. I know there's guys and girls out there who have done even more raid runs and got naff all, so I won't sulk too hard.

Such a broken and yet effective system to reach level 30.

Top tier.

I got my Warlock to 30 in less than half the time it took my Hunter. RNGesus is crazy.

LordofPwn

3.) Thanks to the grimoire card popping up, I just noticed that the run was Astro's 35th raid clear. What a noob. :)
My flawless was my 15th :) I'm at 19 right now.

On a different note, I hate when I'm the one with the maxed gjallarhorn and the only that will grab the relic... Especially when im the lower level person. I also hate how whenever I use a heavy synthesis we usually wipe on that run.

Not sure... Was supposed to be around now but I think people have vanished.

I'm still available if we can get a full team again and the checkpoint. Honestly either normal or hard would be fine to try. Just doing some stuff around the house but will keep checking the thread.

My flawless was my 15th :) I'm at 19 right now.

On a different note, I hate when I'm the one with the maxed gjallarhorn and the only that will grab the relic... Especially when im the lower level person. I also hate how whenever I use a heavy synthesis we usually wipe on that run.

I'm surrounded by raid noobs, noobs everywhere! haha does anyone want to guess what my raid clears are up to?

Yeah, I've been on a few teams like that. Basically: nobody can run the relic, so I should grab it... but everyone else is lower level/gimpy weapons... ehhhh...

Greenymac

I'm still available if we can get a full team again and the checkpoint. Honestly either normal or hard would be fine to try. Just doing some stuff around the house but will keep checking the thread.

I'm surrounded by raid noobs, noobs everywhere! haha does anyone want to guess what my raid clears are up to?

Yeah, I've been on a few teams like that. Basically: nobody can run the relic, so I should grab it... but everyone else is lower level/gimpy weapons... ehhhh...

I can be around about 1030 or 11...

SonComet

If anyone is getting a group together for a hard raid I wouldn't mind doing one today. Level 30 titan defender/striker. PSN SonComet.

LordofPwn

89?

The best is when I grab the relic because no one else did, and when I come out I go to the back to juggle and I see everyone go to mid and die. Don't assume the relic holder is going to protect you. Let them know first, so we can tell you that it's a bad idea.

Daemul

I'm looking at my Story Mode stats on Bungie.net, and supposedly my highest amount of kills in a single story mission is 883, but I don't remember racking up that amount of kills in a single mission before, not even with farming.

Dave_6

Wooooo, finally got the crucible part of the Thorn bounty done! Now on to kill Xyor. Anyone still need to do this or would want to help me? I'm waiting in orbit if so. PSN is DaveS78.

deadlast

Wooooo, finally got the crucible part of the Thorn bounty done! Now on to kill Xyor. Anyone still need to do this or would want to help me? I'm waiting in orbit if so. PSN is DaveS78.
Nice. I still need 180 more crucible points before I can go after xyor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom