• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goddamn. I can't believe I got plenty of shards but I'm limited by plasteel plating.

Dem Destiny alt problems.

I've been broke for weeks as far as glimmer is concerned. I had been buying cheap greens for both my hunter and warlock, simply to dismantle for sapphire wire and hadronic essence.

Thankfully I just got my warlock to 29, and my hunter to 28 so any upgrades from here on out will be few and far between.

I've been broke for weeks as far as glimmer is concerned. I had been buying cheap greens for both my hunter and warlock, simply to dismantle for sapphire wire and hadronic essence.

Thankfully I just got my warlock to 29, and my hunter to 28 so any upgrades from here on out will be few and far between.

I've been pretty much storing any blue armour engram I get on my main to give to my alt hunter. I haven't hit 20 yet so not really used any of them yet. When I do, I should (hopefully) be swimming in sapphire wire.

Is it really worth it to make an alt solely to get more coins through the Weekly/get more ass mats through daily story and whatnot?

I've been pretty much storing any blue armour engram I get on my main to give to my alt hunter. I haven't hit 20 yet so not really used any of them yet. When I do, I should (hopefully) be swimming in sapphire wire.

I thought I was being smart for a long time.

When I just had my Titan, I was sitting at the glimmer cap regularly. So I started banking all those enemy items that you turn in for 200 glimmer to the cryptarch.

I had probably 40 of those things saved up and I still ate through all of them.

R0ckman

I'll honor my first OT 10 post with the moment where I mentally willed Rahool into giving me a Gjallarhorn. As soon as I saw that I picked up a legendary heavy engram, I told myself, "This is going to decrypt into a ballerhorn." I even warmed Rahool up with a nice simple blue engram to make sure the wolf pack rounds wouldn't hurt coming out. I am still so stoked. I can't wait to relive this moment with The Last Word and Hawkmoon, hopefully, in the not too distant future.
EQL7v64.jpg

This is how I got last word, funnily enough, I got it from an engram that I got by joining a random guy when he asked me to help with some of his strikes. It pays to join randoms when the ask to team up.

Shito

How can you guys run out of sapphire wire/plasteel plating/hardonic essence?

I have 1500+ saffire wire.
Alts.
If you already have purple / exotic gear waiting for them, and power level them, you find yourself usually short of common mat to upgrade them...

I thought I was being smart for a long time.

When I just had my Titan, I was sitting at the glimmer cap regularly. So I started banking all those enemy items that you turn in for 200 glimmer to the cryptarch.

I had probably 40 of those things saved up and I still ate through all of them.

Damn I should have thought of that when I hit my glimmer cap.... Oh well, I always end up spending on some heavy ammo synths most of the time anyway

Is it really worth it to make an alt solely to get more coins through the Weekly/get more ass mats through daily story and whatnot?

I created a second Titan mainly for the raid gear drops. I don't do the daily stuff that much anymore. It's pretty much Nightfall, weekly 28 heroic, and the hard raid. Outside of that, I am dicking around upgrading weapons.

BuzzJive

best way to play salvage is to always let the other team capture the relic, then go in with your team, flank and cleanup then dismantle the relic. you get WAY more points for dismantling relics than you do for capturing/defending them.

With a coordinated team, you definitely don't have to play that way. We played 15 Salvage matches over the weekend and went 15-0 - and we've really only got one "all-star" on our team. We had one close game (9,600 or so for the losing team), one over halfway team (5,400) and the rest in the 2,500 range. Just make sure you capture when you're ready - and never alone (unless others are close and you're fully prepared to defend).

I picked up quite a few Relic Hunter medals in those games and a bunch of Shutouts. And half the time I was working on Void kills.

I really dig salvage - but quitters are very rampant in there.

Fuck, I caved yesterday and started a warlock alt. She's exactly the same as my main (I'm a bit OCD). Got her up to level 11 last night and as soon as I get her to 20 I have the gear to make her 29 just like my main. Maybe this way I can get gear from the raid to get to 30...

I thought I had run the raid 9 times (6 normal and 3 hard), but this weekend I saw on Bungie that I had done it 10 times (7 normal and 3 hard). Makes the fact that I've earned just VoC, Mytho and 2x warlock boots hurt a little bit more...

I meant how can you be short on that resource? Those and weapon parts are the 2 things Destiny gives us in abundance.

Alts are the worst for base armour mats as it's different for each character type. This problem can be circumvented to an extent by spending some quality time with you alt haha.

Weapons parts are another story as they are not class specific. Should be more than enough from your main. I'm sitting on like 500

LordofPwn

What time?

The only times I have died in the raid recently (i've been teaching friends) has been when I derped with the relic trying to kill the minotaurs ;-;.

I jumped too much.

I'd rather sell them to vangaurd than crucible. Easier to earn vanguard rep and marks.

Or I'll probably wait till the update that add new economies for materials..

In any case, have to delete on of my hunters for the warlock..stupid 3 character limit :(

Flawless in how many hours? I'm GMT +10 so unlikely.

How does 8pm Bungie time work? (GMT -8), so that would be 2pm for you Death? i understand if you're working at that time.

Mupod

Damn I never actually looked closely at the faction vendors before - Dead Orbit has exactly the stats I want for my warlock. For sunsinger at least. I guess I'll hit rank 2 vanguard then buy the DO armband.

I meant how can you be short on that resource? Those and weapon parts are the 2 things Destiny gives us in abundance.

when rahool gives your main a full set of alt gear, you go from 1 to 24 in about ten hours. You actually get a very tiny amount of that mat in such a short time. You probably got most of it while out looking for better blues and purples over 60 hours.

realcZk

Those Fallen in the Ishtar Sink on Venus? Story is they raided the Prison of Elders in the Reef, got an Archon Priest. The Queens bounty is high so we know its powerful. We have to hunt this thing down before they fully restore its soul.

NeOak

How does 8pm Bungie time work? (GMT -8), so that would be 2pm for you Death? i understand if you're working at that time.

Today?

Let me see If I can. I got a lot going on.

Damn I never actually looked closely at the faction vendors before - Dead Orbit has exactly the stats I want for my warlock. For sunsinger at least. I guess I'll hit rank 2 vanguard then buy the DO armband.

I had the same situation. I had 365 intellect, barely any discipline and no strength due to all my gear being int and something. DO was the only one that had dis and str in gloves.

Flawless in how many hours? I'm GMT +10 so unlikely.

Yeah that's rough, for some strange reason I always thought you were from England area. I can do it with you on the weekend most likely :)

I believe that's 11pm for myself so I can make it.
Well till then I need to be a productive grad student..also need a new licenses..

hydruxo

I'll honor my first OT 10 post with the moment where I mentally willed Rahool into giving me a Gjallarhorn. As soon as I saw that I picked up a legendary heavy engram, I told myself, "This is going to decrypt into a ballerhorn." I even warmed Rahool up with a nice simple blue engram to make sure the wolf pack rounds wouldn't hurt coming out. I am still so stoked. I can't wait to relive this moment with The Last Word and Hawkmoon, hopefully, in the not too distant future.
EQL7v64.jpg

I got a heavy legendary engram last night and did the same thing you did, Rahool gave me two energies -_-

Congrats on the ballerhorn though!

nowai

How can you guys run out of sapphire wire/plasteel plating/hardonic essence?

I have 1500+ saffire wire.

I assume the hunter is your main.

After power leveling an alt and then trying to upgrade your first legendary/exotic items, it is VERY easy to run out of mats.

Manp

i got hawkmoon from a chest in a level 30 raid (i think it's the one you get if the templar doesn't teleport)... still no raid armor other than the grips :(

Finally got my Titan to 20 yesterday afternoon. After equipping all the gear I had gotten from my main he ended up being 23. So, I suppose the mark grind begins now then? Aside from that, I haven't seen a purple engram in what feels like months. Actually, it has been months.

nowai

Is this good xp? I would literally do it for 4 hours straight if it is

It's the single best grind spot in the game for XP. Also pop a black wax idol for the glimmers and a telemetry if you need to level a weapon.

I do it on level 20, so I can clear the mobs really fast. Just make sure you don't kill the Knight. Kill the horde of mobs that flood out and the three yellow acolytes then die.

nowai

I'm glimmer capped 9x over

I warn you though, it is pretty much the most boring thing to do in Destiny. I can usually only stomach it for one...sometimes two telemetries.

I much prefer PvP for XP, but waking the hive is so much faster if you are out of bounties.

realcZk

It's the single best grind spot in the game for XP. Also pop a black wax idol for the glimmers and a telemetry if you need to level a weapon.

I do it on level 20, so I can clear the mobs really fast. Just make sure you don't kill the Knight. Kill the horde of mobs that flood out and the three yellow acolytes then die.

thing is, to my knowledge theres no benefit of doing it at lvl 20 vs lvl 9 as it potentially takes longer to complete
once you hit heroic (at 9) the # of mobs and majors that spawn are the same, and destiny doesn't seem to give more XP for killing mobs of higher levels afaik

nowai

thing is, to my knowledge theres no benefit of doing it at lvl 20 vs lvl 9 as it potentially takes longer to complete
once you hit heroic (at 9) the # of mobs and majors that spawn are the same, and destiny doesn't seem to give more XP for killing mobs of higher levels afaik

haha yaaaaa, I sometimes kill the knight faaaaaar too easily at level 9...

I hate replaying the start of the mission because Fatebringer proced an explosion from a mob and blew up the knight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom