• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

realcZk

haha yaaaaa, I sometimes kill the knight faaaaaar too easily at level 9...

I hate replaying the start of the mission because Fatebringer proced an explosion from a mob and blew up the knight.

haha, i gotcha. i've gotten pretty good at not killing the knight. I like to use the mythoclast for that because the fusion beams pierce enemies. The mytho destroys trash mobs like thrall but its pretty easy to not kill a major with the mytho since it would take days and ammo that I don't have

If you really want to max out a telemetry. Complete 5 bounties, don't turn them in. Then complete a public event, but don't claim your package at the post master (you can stack these for a few days if you really want to go ape shit, they are worth 5,000 XP each) Then pop your telemetry, get your public event package from the postmaster, turn in all 5 bounties, then go wake the hive and use the weapon you want to level. This is harder for things like rocket launchers, but it is an awesome way to level primaries.

realcZk

Is the spot good in comparison to farming rumble?

isn't crucible XP based on your performance? farming we've woken the hive is probably far more consistent than the crucible for xp/hour
last i tracked, we've woken the hive gives 500-600xp per clear (more if nightfall buff) and you can clear in less than a minute, i usually do a clear in 30-45 seconds with mythoclast solo

spyder_ur

Finally got my Titan to 20 yesterday afternoon. After equipping all the gear I had gotten from my main he ended up being 23. So, I suppose the mark grind begins now then? Aside from that, I haven't seen a purple engram in what feels like months. Actually, it has been months.

I just did this with my Titan alt. The worst part, by far, was the reputation grind. I really think they should let you buy gear for another class with marks i.e. I could've used my Warlock main to buy a legendary or two and then swap them over. Getting 3000 rep or whatever it is to rank 2 just sucks. I used a faction - can't imagine doing it otherwise.

DjRalford

If anyone is running a normal raid in a few hours from this post, about 9pm GMT, add me as I need to run it before reset tomorrow.

PS4 - DjRalford - 29 Titan

Out 1

Have the HM Templar checkpoint on my hunter if any warlocks or titans want to cheese it before the reset
psn: delamarch

Milennia

isn't crucible XP based on your performance? farming we've woken the hive is probably far more consistent than the crucible for xp/hour
last i tracked, we've woken the hive gives 500-600xp per clear (more if nightfall buff) and you can clear in less than a minute, i usually do a clear in 30-45 seconds with mythoclast solo

1800 for a loss

Yeah this is better

realcZk

1800 for a loss

Yeah this is better

The best way to farm XP and items in Destiny would probably be to get a fireteam of 6 people and go into rumble and have everyone run to the designated killer and die.

The matches would be over in no time, winner gets a ton of xp and losers get XP, then you just rotate the killer throughout the group after each match, rinse and repeat. You'd also get a shot at item rolls at the end of matches....

Prerequisites for this is that you'd want the nightfall buff if possible, but this is also an easy way to level an alt. Crucible bounties would be completed easily here too.

spyder_ur

So how brutal is the Nightfall? I've never done one - deciding if I want to bother trying it tonight or not. I've heard it is easier solo?

I just hate that strike.

Milennia

The best way to farm XP and items in Destiny would probably be to get a fireteam of 6 people and go into rumble and have everyone run to the designated killer and die.

The matches would be over in no time, winner gets a ton of xp and losers get XP, then you just rotate the killer throughout the group after each match, rinse and repeat. You'd also get a shot at item rolls at the end of matches....

I would do this if anyone is up for it lol

Prerequisites for this is that you'd want the nightfall buff if possible, but this is also an easy way to level an alt. Crucible bounties would be completed easily here too.

Fireteams in Rumble are capped at three, I believe.

Deku Tree

So how brutal is the Nightfall? I've never done one - deciding if I want to bother trying it tonight or not. I've heard it is easier solo?

I just hate that strike.

Its brutal... if you wipe then you get sent back to orbit... and it's level 28 and they often have very difficult modifiers activated... that said if you enter with a good team and you use "strategy" then the Nightfall is very do-able... If you want to "cheese it" by using so much strategy and hiding behind cover that some people will say you are "not playing the game the way it was intended to be played" then cheese strategies are normally figured out early on Tuesday and many video's are posted on youtube and in places like this topic... and then the Nightfall becomes usually a virtual almost certain victory unless your team is not equipped to carry out the plan.

E92 M3

Any chance they release a patch tomorrow? If the Mythoclast is buffed on the same day MCC releases, I'd be so conflicted.

I just hate that strike.
Nightfall is essentially the concentrated hate of the console wars multiplied by the number of people who live on the planet

spyder_ur

Its brutal... if you wipe then you get sent back to orbit... and it's level 28 and they often have very difficult modifiers activated... that said if you enter with a good team and you use "strategy" then the Nightfall is very do-able... If you want to "cheese it" by using so much strategy and hiding behind cover that some people will say you are "not playing the game the way it was intended to be played" then cheese strategies are normally figured out early on Tuesday and many video's are posted on youtube and in places like this topic... and then the Nightfall becomes usually a virtual almost certain victory unless your team is not equipped to carry out the plan.

Nightfall is essentially the concentrated hate of the console wars multiplied by the number of people who live on the planet

Hmmm, in that case might not bother at all. And I actually like doing strikes...not that one, though.

Out 1

I've got a warlock I could help you with, but I won't be on till after work, 7 EST. Add me at Dr_LawyerCop if that time works.

Cheers. Probably it will be too late (as I am in Europe), but still will add you just in case.

The thorn bounty forced me to learn how to play in the crucible. I will definitely use the thorn out of gratitude after it receives its buff

KodaRuss

I just hate that strike.

You need a Icebreaker and a decent void weapon. I did it solo on my lock but I would recomend that for any other class. Had help on my titan and hunter.

Pickman

Anyone know if they'll ever try to make Bad Juju not a piece of shit? Any rumblings from the community or bungie about re-evaluating the garbage exotics?

Hiko

Banned
Doing the nexus strike is much easier and faster if the whole group stays up top. You just have to kill the minotaur every now and then.

Anyone up for a hard raid on PS4 tonight at 7pm Eastern US time (roughly)? (in about 6 hours) WHOAguitarninja is my psn name

So far

1.WHOAguitarninja (Level 30 hunter)
2.Danno333(Level 29 Hunter)

purg3

slept with Malkin
solo'd the nightfall and got Light/beware, one more to go so hopefully I can get a ballerhorn/last word/thunderlord out of it...

Anyone looking to do Normal mode Raid today on ps4? I have fully upgraded Ghorn & Ice breaker and have completed both normal/hard.

LordofPwn

Today?

Let me see If I can. I got a lot going on.

Yeah that's rough, for some strange reason I always thought you were from England area. I can do it with you on the weekend most likely :)

I believe that's 11pm for myself so I can make it.
Well till then I need to be a productive grad student..also need a new licenses..

Yeah I'll be at work, weekend probably best then.

iRAWRasaurus and NeOak i'll put you on a list for tonight, but if we can't get enough, i'm good running it at 8pm bungie time friday (2pm saturday DeathJr time) if that works for everybody, or i can always run it again on friday night to help you out Death.

spyder_ur

is it worth it to max Hard Light?

It was the first Exotic I got so I have it fully leveled, the only exotic/legendary I have fully leveled, actually. That being said, no I don't think so. I've given it up for other Exotics like Suros, and especially VoC which obviously is a class above without taking your Exotic slot.

It's a pretty decent PVP weapon though, IMO.

If the penetration perk worked against phalanxes, it might have a role, but I find it hard to see myself going back to it.

iRAWRasaurus and NeOak i'll put you on a list for tonight, but if we can't get enough, i'm good running it at 8pm bungie time friday (2pm saturday DeathJr time) if that works for everybody, or i can always run it again on friday night to help you out Death.

Yeah I will be willing to run the flawless raid for whomever wants to get it even if I get the trophy. Let me know whats going on tonight.

So Thorn get, yeah.

Easier than i thought actually, i just needed a void 77 wizard / invisible hand / Truth for the crucible (i had an Atheon´s Epilogue too but didn´t use it), even the Xyor stage was a piece of cake using Icebreaker and The Cure (fwc rocket launcher, mine has arc damage).

The gun looks really really cool, but lacks stability, and holy hell that reload time, this one i will use with a chain of woe/gunslinger trance combo build, now i need to upgrade it and try the Mark of The Devourer, because frankly, sounds amazing.

LordofPwn

Another PS4 FLAWLESS RAIDER attempt(s) Tonight @ 8pm Bungie time (Pacific), maybe...
I'll try not to fail on the jumping puzzle again

1. LordofPwn
2. iRAWRasaurus
3. NeOak - maybe
4. DairyZeus
5. Stantron
6. Boguester

Doctor in the house!

Still looking for alts in case we need someone or if you haven't gotten the trophy yet.

gdt

Got my alt Titan to 27. So she won't be a crutch to the team in normal raids unlike yesterday :). Plus she's rolling with VoC so fuck off oracles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom