• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So Thorn get, yeah.

Easier than i thought actually, i just needed a void 77 wizard / invisible hand / Truth for the crucible (i had an Atheon´s Epilogue too but didn´t use it), even the Xyor stage was a piece of cake using Icebreaker and The Cure (fwc rocket launcher, mine has arc damage).

The gun looks really really cool, but lacks stability, and holy hell that reload time, this one i will use with a chain of woe/gunslinger trance combo build, now i need to upgrade it and try the Mark of The Devourer, because frankly, sounds amazing.
That Gunslinger build with Achylophage for a little more oopmh to your golden gun is pretty much the most straightforward way to make thorn ridiculous.

Update:

Looking for 4 more people on PS4 for Normal raid in 1 hour, 1:45 CST.
My friend and I both have fully upgraded Ghorns and Ice Breakers and have completed both Normal/Hard.

Is there a cheap primary void weapon to get for this?

I have the quest but haven't started yet due to this

I found that, with my playstyle, a rare void shotgun with decent impact made this bounty extremely easy. If you can get one as a reward / drop, hold on to it.

Edit - sorry, read too fast and saw you asked for primary.

darkwing

It was the first Exotic I got so I have it fully leveled, the only exotic/legendary I have fully leveled, actually. That being said, no I don't think so. I've given it up for other Exotics like Suros, and especially VoC which obviously is a class above without taking your Exotic slot.

It's a pretty decent PVP weapon though, IMO.

If the penetration perk worked against phalanxes, it might have a role, but I find it hard to see myself going back to it.

is the perk like the Iridium Rounds?

WarWolf

Update:

Looking for 4 more people on PS4 for Normal raid in 1 hour, 1:45 CST.
My friend and I both have fully upgraded Ghorns and Ice Breakers and have completed both Normal/Hard.

I can go on Hunter and can have a friend with limited experience go 29 Hunter as well.

PSN WarWolf7

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
For me it was 77 wizard all the way, and I still cherish it in the Crucible as a result. but you need Crucible Rank 3 to get your hands on it.

Mindlog

The thorn bounty forced me to learn how to play in the crucible. I will definitely use the thorn out of gratitude after it receives its buff
You mean nerf :]

Thorn single-handedly got me interested in Crucible again. The sound is unique and doesn't grow tiresome with headphones. The weapon itself is very strong. This isn't the best Thorn demo because it's mostly about positioning and map knowledge. However, I had a lot of fun here. Spent most of a Blind Watch round stuck on A. Then we got B & C because one of their idiots took A! Then one of our idiots took A back...

It all comes down to the final few seconds. Both teams are over 19k despite their team's capture point advantage.

Thorn last second victory WEBM edition. Final score was the closest I have ever seen to the other team winning.

Out 1

Have the HM Templar checkpoint on my hunter if any warlocks or titans want to cheese it before the reset
psn: delamarch
Two more warlocks/titans are we are good to go. Also the left gorgon chest gives rewards twice, so we might grab it as well.

That Gunslinger build with Achylophage for a little more oopmh to your golden gun is pretty much the most straightforward way to make thorn ridiculous.

That´s the idea, yeah, i mean, that combo is already ridiculous with almost any legendary hand cannon lol, i use it with The Chance, mine has Luck in the Chamber and Return to Sender, the gun has a small clip, just 6 shots like thorn, but ironically that works really well with the Luck in the Chamber perk, it´s my mini-hawkmoon (well, not quite, i have a fully maxed hawkmoon too, but you know, it does the job when my exotic slot is already used)

Fixed1979

Is there any point in lvling TDYK drop instead of buying the vendor version...I have marks to spare. I kinda need a legendary rocket launcher for my alts as well but I don't really like the Vanguard one.

Deku Tree

Is there any point in lvling TDYK drop instead of buying the vendor version...I have marks to spare. I kinda need a legendary rocket launcher for my alts as well but I don't really like the Vanguard one.

Choose the one that has the perks that you prefer... Dropped legendaries get random perks... Compare them.

Stantron

Here's what I'd like to see implemented into the game...
If you use the point gesture on a chest or material, then the feed will read "<player> points to <chest/material>". Also, by doing this, said chest/material will show up briefly as an icon for fellow guardians in the environment.

LordofPwn

Here's what I'd like to see implemented into the game...
If you use the point gesture on a chest or material, then the feed will read "<player> points to <chest/material>". Also, by doing this, said chest/material will show up briefly as an icon for fellow guardians in the environment.

that would be cool. I just do a point twice and wait for a few seconds to see if anyone starts heading over to me.

you up for trying flawless again tonight?

Deku Tree

My drop has Life Support and Hip Fire, don't think it's near as useful as the vendor perks...

Then destroy it or keep it and buy the TDYK vendor version. I never worry about spending marks.

I stopped trying to earn marks a week or two ago.... Everything I want or need is not obtainable with marks at this point in my play...

I just did this with my Titan alt. The worst part, by far, was the reputation grind. I really think they should let you buy gear for another class with marks i.e. I could've used my Warlock main to buy a legendary or two and then swap them over. Getting 3000 rep or whatever it is to rank 2 just sucks. I used a faction - can't imagine doing it otherwise.

That is faster is it? Hmm, alright I suppose I'll join up with one of the factions then, thanks!

GhaleonEB

So I set out to romp with my newly purchased legendary gauntlets and boots, and looked at the details of the scout rifle I'm working toward buying.

To level them I will need 128 helium filaments. I have 12. Egads. I now understand the term "resource farming".

I hope those new "economies" for resources include letting us just buy them, or trade other resources. I just snag the ones I find when darting between objectives. That doesn't seem like it will cut it.

I've got 170 pieces of wire strands, though. Just in case.

Trying to get a team together for one (or both) of the following tonight (before the reset):

1) I have an Atheon hard mode checkpoint on my 29 Hunter. Need a group to finish that one off. Preferably some 30s involved.

2) Fresh hard raid from the beginning with my 29 Titan. He just hit 20 yesterday and has stolen all my main titan's gear. What a dick.

I have max weapons including Hawkmoon, TDYK, IB, 77 Wizard (void), Hezen Vengeance, Corrective Measure among others. I have cleared the normal and hard raids multiple times.

Still looking for raid armor (gloves and chest for either my Hunter or Titan) as well as Fatebringer, Praedyth's Revenge, and VoC... oh, and a GHorn drop would be nothing short of phenomenal.

Anyway, let me know if you want in on any of the above. I also need to run the NF on my Titan tonight before the reset.

PS4: GKW212

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Looking for 30s to do Atheon on Hard.
I have the checkpoint.

PSN: Kyuubi-no-Youko
Sorry I'm not 30 yet :( Need me some boots and a chest.

Let me know what time you were talking about doing something next week, if I can make it Id be happy to join :)

That´s the idea, yeah, i mean, that combo is already ridiculous with almost any legendary hand cannon lol, i use it with The Chance, mine has Luck in the Chamber and Return to Sender, the gun has a small clip, just 6 shots like thorn, but ironically that works really well with the Luck in the Chamber perk, it´s my mini-hawkmoon (well, not quite, i have a fully maxed hawkmoon too, but you know, it does the job when my exotic slot is already used)
I'm very curious to try a low-mag Luck in the Chamber HC myself. The Chance is perfect, ahaha even the name.

Stantron

that would be cool. I just do a point twice and wait for a few seconds to see if anyone starts heading over to me.

you up for trying flawless again tonight?

Yeah, I do the double point sometimes, but I don't think most people realize what that means. Better than nothing though.

Yeah, I'm up for another flawless attempt. I should be on by 7PM PST. Gonna also try to complete HM Atheon on at least one more character too. And then Halo MCC at midnight. >_<

Pickman

So I set out to romp with my legendary gauntlets and boots, and looked at the details of the scout rifle I'm working toward buying.

To level them I need 128 helium filaments. I have 12. Egads. I now understand the term "resource farming".

I hope those new "economies" for resources include letting us just buy them, or trade other resources.

It'll actually go by extremely quick. You can make a circuit of the Hellmouth, the little base area off to the side of it, back around the mushroom building, and through the starting area to go back to the Hellmouth and probably have 128 in an hour and a half. Just check every cave and weird places for chests, and make sure to keep your ears open for the sparkly sound when you're running around. I usually pick up the body count and item collection bounties as I'm rolling through farming, and you'll get some XP/rep while you do it too.

Ourobolus

Banned
So I set out to romp with my newly purchased legendary gauntlets and boots, and looked at the details of the scout rifle I'm working toward buying.

To level them I will need 128 helium filaments. I have 12. Egads. I now understand the term "resource farming".

I hope those new "economies" for resources include letting us just buy them, or trade other resources. I just snag the ones I find when darting between objectives. That doesn't seem like it will cut it.

I actually find the farming to be pretty relaxing, especially if you have remote play. I put on a movie or watch TV while I run around on my Vita.

It'll actually go by extremely quick. You can make a circuit of the Hellmouth, the little base area off to the side of it, back around the mushroom building, and through the starting area to go back to the Hellmouth and probably have 128 in an hour and a half. Just check every cave and weird places for chests, and make sure to keep your ears open for the sparkly sound when you're running around. I usually pick up the body count and item collection bounties as I'm rolling through farming, and you'll get some XP/rep while you do it too.
Really? I like Archer's Line. Just running back and forth between the two buildings, plus the top building before the Hive cave, and the two in the middle. Just off the top of my head, there are at least 23 places a chest can spawn, to say nothing of the resource nodes.

patchday

what aggravates me the most they have a "Salvage" game mode. This would be a prime opportunity to give it more of a purpose and let us fight over minerals. Granted- that is a pvp solution (not a PvE one).

I suppose a more fair solution would be to allow folks to trade in "marks" for resources. Once folks hit L29 the marks are mainly only useful for shards

Fixed1979

It can be a little overwhelming to look at the total resources. Only occasionally do I ever bother to gather enough for multiple upgrades, usually when I get an upgrade available or I'm just about to then I'll go and get just enough. Even those small collection runs can get annoying though.

I actually find the farming to be pretty relaxing, especially if you have remote play. I put on a movie or watch TV while I run around on my Vita.

That's not a bad idea at all.

LiK

Farm with podcasts or something else to listen to and it's not bad at all. Leveling up is a freakin' pain tho.

Trying to get a team together for one (or both) of the following tonight (before the reset):

1) I have an Atheon hard mode checkpoint on my 29 Hunter. Need a group to finish that one off. Preferably some 30s involved.

2) Fresh hard raid from the beginning with my 29 Titan. He just hit 20 yesterday and has stolen all my main titan's gear. What a dick.

I have max weapons including Hawkmoon, TDYK, IB, 77 Wizard (void), Hezen Vengeance, Corrective Measure among others. I have cleared the normal and hard raids multiple times.

Still looking for raid armor (gloves and chest for either my Hunter or Titan) as well as Fatebringer, Praedyth's Revenge, and VoC... oh, and a GHorn drop would be nothing short of phenomenal.

Anyway, let me know if you want in on any of the above. I also need to run the NF on my Titan tonight before the reset.

PS4: GKW212

I'd love to join you, but I'm not going to be on until later tonight around 10 or 11pm Central. I've done the Hard raid a bunch. I have a Level 30 Hunter that had to stop at the Atheon fight and I have another Hunter leveled that I wouldn't mind running through Hard before the reset. If it's not too late I'd love to join, but if it is I understand. PSN is MrJellyBean.

spyder_ur

That is faster is it? Hmm, alright I suppose I'll join up with one of the factions then, thanks!

When you join a faction and equip their mark, both your crucible and vanguard rep go to that faction's rep meter, so basically you can fill it twice as fast. So if you're just rushing to get to rank 2 to buy armor (like I was), yes it is fast. I filled it in about two days doing both crucible and vanguard bounties. It still sucks, but it's faster. Both of my characters I have gotten a faction to level 2, then taken the mark off and reached level 2 on both crucible and vanguard. Then you can buy armor from any vendor.

It's a slog, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom