• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakalwe

Banned
Boguester, guys, anyone up for trying the Atheon kill again today?

If not the same people, 6 with max Gjallarhorns and preferably Titan with IWoL.

Bit annoying we didn't down him faster at the end and beat the 17 seconds. We can though, easily.

Geneijin

A big thanks to Boguester, Milennia, Mattiator, Steroyd, and Zakalwe for your efforts. It would not have been possible without your tireless efforts in finding solutions to the Atheon glitches.

A big thanks to Boguester, Milennia, Mattiator, Steroyd, and Zakalwe for your efforts. It would not have been possible without your tireless efforts in finding solutions to the Atheon glitches.

True, shout out to everyone especially Boguester, I don't know how you can keep on running it day after day. :)

Ever ran into times where a chest spawns in a place where it's impossible to get? Happened to me twice. In the cosmodrome where the three hallows are underground, a chest spawned under a pipe. There was no way to get it.
I've never had that happen. I have, however, had a chest that just wouldn't open. I think one of the chests on the moon is notorious for this.

Zakalwe

Banned

Hey, no problem. I won't say it was an entirely pleasant experience, but it was definitely worth it. We had a dedicated core team who just wouldn't quit, despite the frustration I wouldn't change it. Was so satisfying in the end.

And how did the death happen exactly? Did you just carry on for practise and see the achievement pop up completely unexpectedly?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hey, no problem. I won't say it was an entirely pleasant experience, but it was definitely worth it. We had a dedicated core team who just wouldn't quit, despite the frustration I wouldn't change it. Was so satisfying in the end.

And how did the death happen exactly? Did you just carry on for practise and see the achievement pop up completely unexpectedly?
The death was a glitch. I'm trying to upload it. DeathJr got marked for Negation after we beat the Templar, and he just randomly died as we were trying to make our way through the maze. We all heard "Guardian down", but we didn't actually see the death message... my only guess is that the game just couldn't account for the glitch there and didn't count it as a death.

Ambitious

I just need a legendary helmet to hit level 28 with my alt, but I can't find one. I could play Crucible for a few hours to get enough marks, but I haven't ranked up the Crucible vendors yet. And even if I were to hit the weekly cap for Vanguard marks, I still wouldn't have enough for a helmet. Damn.

Actually, by upgrading my rare helmet I was able to gather 98 light points, which is exactly the amount needed for level 28. Ready for the raid now.

Daggoth

After we killed Templar, we went through the spirit bloom cave down to gorgons. During this, Ruthless / DeathJr was randomly "marked for negation x 3" by the Templar. We spoke about it, discussed cleansing with the relic at Gatekeepers, difference between negation and void etc ...

Then, just before the final sprint of the Gorgon's Labyrinth, he died. We heard Dinklebot say "GUARDIAN DOWN!" and that was followed by an internal "noooooooooo"

But the game didn't actually show the "DeathJr died." text, so someone smarter than me said "hold on - maybe that doesn't count"

We kept going and aced the rest of the raid. Atheon's portal pattern was 1, 2, 3, and 3. We took him down, waited, prayed, and after it said Mission Complete, screamed like little children.

edit: sorry - still somewhat in shock. Also want to echo Kopy's comments, a huge THANK YOU to everyone I've been running this with for the past week and a half. You guys are awesome and if I'm available, hit me up.

Now to find 50 ghosts, level a Warlock, and this platinum is mine!

astro- I'm down for Atheon kill as soon as we have people. Also need the checkpoint...

True, shout out to everyone especially Boguester, I don't know how you can keep on running it day after day. :)

Thanks guys, I'm so excited for all the new flawless raiders!! Sometimes glitches can be your friends, lol. I'm a little sad that I couldn't be there for it, but really glad that as many people get the trophy as possible. Congratulations to all, you've earned it.

And I'm still down to run it with anyone who needs 1 more for a team. I know there are still some gaffers out there who need it, no one is left behind on the flawless train.

Geneijin

Yes, it's indeed satisfying, but I doubt I would have had the patience and fortitude for it. I felt bad enough messing up Boguester, Mattiator, and Milennia's pre-patch run :lol

DeathJr got Marked for Negation X3 while going down to the Gorgon's Labyrinth from the Spirit Bloom entrance. He suddenly died at the middle of 1st big rock past the slope as we were going to the jump puzzle.

phen0m24

Ever ran into times where a chest spawns in a place where it's impossible to get? Happened to me twice. In the cosmodrome where the three hallows are underground, a chest spawned under a pipe. There was no way to get it.

There's one in the ceiling sometimes above the door that I can't seem to reach..

Gordon

Anybody with experience with TLW in pvp tell me if aggressive ballistics makes a difference versus soft ballistics? The extra impact looks attractive, but I don't know if I like the hit to range.

Zakalwe

Banned
Haha, that's crazy. Would have been crap way to end a flawless run, too. So glad you got it! :3

Anybody with experience with TLW in pvp tell me if aggressive ballistics makes a difference versus soft ballistics? The extra impact looks attractive, but I don't know if I like the hit to range.

I haven't noticed a difference when comparing in the wild.

-

Boguester, will ask around then!

phen0m24

Leveling up another character is such a chore. It will be worth it once it hits level 20. I already have exotics and legendary gear thanks to drops from my main character.

Same character type? We made one of each. The pain is trying to level up exotics now.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
There's one in the ceiling sometimes above the door that I can't seem to reach..

You can actually get to that one. I should make a video if it happens again.

Same character type? We made one of each. The pain is trying to level up exotics now.

No. My Titan had drops of an exotic helm, legendary chest and gauntlets of a hunter. All of them from crypt leveling. So I decided to make a hunter and things will be easier thanks to having those items already. The annoying part is leveling up and getting through the story again.

Zakalwe

Banned
Atheon speed kill.

Leaving as soon as we find 6. Need Atheon checkpoint.

Please be lvl 30, have max Gjallahorn, and preferably Titan with IWoL (if not we have two so we can try until the RNG favours us).

1. Zakalwe (astropoff) - Titan
2. Boguester (DrDrizzay101) - Titan

The range isn't actually that bad. Go for it

With aggressive ballistics bonus damage headshots do 111 damage

Haha, that's crazy. Would have been crap way to end a flawless run, too. So glad you got it! :3

I haven't noticed a difference when comparing in the wild.

-

Boguester, will ask around then!

Put me down as a maybe. I have to do work today. It depends on on when really

EL CUCO

Hate it when I forget to transfer over a piece of gear, and once you do make it get back to the Vault with alt, you realize you forgot to transfer over a weapon

6LpWZ8c.jpg

Temidien

Neo Member
Anyone up for taking down Xyor to finish up this Thorn bounty? It's been a long road and I'd love to close the book on it!

PSN: Temidien

Greenymac

Boguester, guys, anyone up for trying the Atheon kill again today?

If not the same people, 6 with max Gjallarhorns and preferably Titan with IWoL.

Bit annoying we didn't down him faster at the end and beat the 17 seconds. We can though, easily.

Im up for it again, but a bit later.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wow I'm amazed we made it with the portal glitches...oracles not showing all the way, hobgoblins in the left portal spawning at the teleport spot...holy shit!
Yeah, when wonzo ran past the hobs to get out of the portal, they all moved up to the spawn area... it was a surprise when we ported in there. lol

The half spawning oracles is something I've never seen before though.

Atheon speed kill.

One idea I was thinking about last night would involve (ideally) six defenders, just in case. Basically spec half with WoL and half with BoL and overlap both bubbles. Maybe/hopefully the overshield would be enough protection to fire off two GHs then back inside to reload. Guaranteed to keep WoL the whole time at least, and hopefully let relic holder get some shots in...

Glitch hunting/exploration is my new Destiny obsession. If anyone wants to check out the Dark Below raid, feel free to join on me now. *spoiler warning* haha

Is Fatebringer a VoG HM exclusive or does it drop in NM too?

I'm about half way through leveling Thorn which will join TLW, HM and TDYK in maxed glory. After that I have the explosive round LHF to level but I really need FB for my collection to be complete.

So nice having a wide selection of your fav weapon class to use. Hawkmoon is the crown jewel though I think. :D

Deku Tree

Is Fatebringer a VoG HM exclusive or does it drop in NM too?

I'm about half way through leveling Thorn which will join TLW, HM and TDYK in maxed glory. After that I have the explosive round LHF to level but I really need FB for my collection to be complete.

So nice having a wide selection of your fav weapon class to use. Hawkmoon is the crown jewel though I think. :D

Fatebringer is a HM Templar only drop.

k1t4j

I know it's a long shot on a Sunday, but does anyone still need to do HM raid?

I have a 29 hunter that needs it :(

EDIT: Death Jr / Toasty could I join you guys?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I know it's a long shot on a Sunday, but does anyone still need to do HM raid?

I have a 29 hunter that needs it :(
toast_T and DeathJr above are looking. I know a few people may be running it later today.

Here's the video from my perspective (I was the one who got marked)

Flawless glitch marked for negation in Gorgons maze:

http://youtu.be/tyPuCtb9y2w

Marked x3 in Gorgons maze.
Died and revived.
Beat Atheon.
Flawless Raider.
I got randomly marked and died near the Gorgons maze before. Glad it didn't count for your flawless.... Buggy game. Congrats!!!
So according to someone on Reddit, this happens when someone reaches the Gorgon area while you are still in the Templar area (ie, before the map transition). I have no idea if that was the case, but perhaps that's there way of just forcing everyone to be at the same part of the raid.

Regardless, I'm still glad it didn't count as an "official" death. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom