• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTG

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=933712

lol. Do you folks t-bag your opponents in the crucible?

I see this often enough. My personal favorite was coming across an enemy mid full spin while crouching and pointing his rifle straight into the sky. I guess he was too busy with his impromptu pirouette to so much as look at his radar.

I've seen people sprint at a dead body the way an oblivious player goes for a heavy ammo pack, they get one or two thrusts in before it ends, I suppose they think it's worth it. I think the shotgunning sprint and pop do it the most, to punctuate an already annoying play style.

gdt

Any hard groups forming now? Lvl 29 with maxed weapons and I beat hard mode Atheon with not much trouble yesterday.

Deku Tree

Trophies I still need to be guardian lord:

Assist Capture 50 points on control
Reach weekly crucible marks cap
Get 25 heavy weapon PvP kills
Discover 50 dead ghosts
Do a raid with your clan
Flawless raider
Level a complete hunter subclass

Not sure if I care enough to intentionally work at getting the platinum.

Zakalwe

Banned
Still looking for level 30s wih max Ghorns to set an Atheon kill record.

Myself and Boguester are ready.

Greenynac and lollipopreaper are a maybe.

I have a guy from reddit waiting too.

Deku Tree

Three weeks and two days until the DLC hits. I really hope there is a Queens event or some other type of PvE event between now and then which gives you the change to earn at least some 30 light armor.

Rixa

Friday I made a Xur lottery for Helmet engram (one week ago my Warlock got Hunter helmet), this time got lucky. My Warlock has now Exotic helmet, also upgrading it costs Spinmetal, which I got plenty. Only downside is that the helmet is really ugly. It feels like old scuba-diving mask.

Also got my 6th legendary primary weapon Lord High Fixer. I still need to find my first secondary legendary weapon.
LHF has these perks:
- Missing a shot has a chance to return ammo directly to the magazine.
- Causing damage with this weapon increases its stability.
^^ Are these ok perks?

void666

Banned
Friday I made a Xur lottery for Helmet engram (one week ago my Warlock got Hunter helmet), this time got lucky. My Warlock has now Exotic helmet, also upgrading it costs Spinmetal, which I got plenty. Only downside is that the helmet is really ugly. It feels like old scuba-diving mask.
Apotheosis veil? I hate this crap. Got it too.
Second time from engram and fourth overall. Got two from nightfalls iirc. Ugly and useless.

Rixa

Apotheosis veil? I hate this crap. Got it too.
Second time from engram and fourth overall. Got two from nightfalls iirc. Ugly and useless.

Yeah that helmet (forget to put name, but it is linked to). Kinda meh perks, but atleast I have now exotic helmet for the normal raids.
Also got silver trophy, cause its my first exotic thing to wear (I got that hunter helmet but my hunter is at level 0).

Mupod

I feel like this game is trying to tell me something. I've found 3 hunter legendaries (I've only ever found 1 for warlock, my current class) and I got an exotic hunter helm from Xur.

Rixa

I feel like this game is trying to tell me something. I've found 3 hunter legendaries (I've only ever found 1 for warlock, my current class) and I got an exotic hunter helm from Xur.

Heh, same situation. Ive found legendary chest & hand + got that exotic for my hunter. Also got legendary chest for my 0 level titan.

For my warlock my only find is one legendary helmet :D, rest are bought by Van Guard marks & helmet from Xur.

Great, thank you.

And yes to your idea from earlier if we find 3 Titans, could definitely help if we can co-ordinate it.

If anybody involved can join on me now, I'm at the checkpoint and we can pass it around, so we won't exhaust our supply after one kill like yesterday, haha. We can also proliferate the CP later, I'm just messing around with a few things now.

Nodnol

Does anyone have an advice for the Raid on Hard?

We've nearly dragged our group up to atleast 29. Many of us have lots of fully upgraded weapons. Soon we will have a 30. A few slackers but we will keep at it.

How much of a jump is it? Is it feasible to atleast make it past the Templar relatively easily? Even if we were to get the Orcale and Templar rewards, that's still two more rewards a week.

Rubenov

Does anyone have an advice for the Raid on Hard?

We've nearly dragged our group up to atleast 29. Many of us have lots of fully upgraded weapons. Soon we will have a 30. A few slackers but we will keep at it.

How much of a jump is it? Is it feasible to atleast make it past the Templar relatively easily? Even if we were to get the Orcale and Templar rewards, that's still two more rewards a week.

Only 1 30 you guys will be dying a lot, and it will take a long time to complete. Jump from 29 to 30 is huge (% of damage delivered and received). Getting more to 30 is my first advice.

Greenymac

Great, thank you.

And yes to your idea from earlier if we find 3 Titans, could definitely help if we can co-ordinate it.

Ill be around later to try. My titan just hit 25 and I need to do strikes to nab a chest and get raid ready. 3 Characters is like having a job....

Nodnol

Only 1 30 you guys will be dying a lot, and it will take a long time to complete. Jump from 29 to 30 is huge (% of damage delivered and received). Getting more to 30 is my first advice.

Our increasingly impatient desire to do the Raid on Hard is born out of a frustration getting to 30!

We want to increase our chances of getting the sufficient gear, hence we'd be contempt with only doing part of the total Raid.

If it's like normal, then the enemy levels are staggered? So everything till Gatekeepers is 28, Gatekeepers are 29 and Atheon and supplicants are 30?

Our increasingly impatient desire to do the Raid on Hard is born out of a frustration getting to 30!

We want to increase our chances of getting the sufficient gear, hence we'd be contempt with only doing part of the total Raid.

If it's like normal, then the enemy levels are staggered? So everything till Gatekeepers is 28, Gatekeepers are 29 and Atheon and supplicants are 30?

30 Goblins and Green Goo Guys (the name just isn't coming to me right now) during the Templar.

phen0m24

3 Characters is like having a job....

Couldn't agree more. Did 3 weeklies last night, 2 Nightfalls, one raid..

Am grateful for the help from Deafmedal, Comms, Uber and Jono. Still though...

Exhausted. If it weren't for the coins, I think I would just raid.

Yeah, right

Lima

Stop scaring people. The hard raid is more than doable with a full group of 29's. Put the lvl 30 on the left during conflux phase and they will be fine after they get their groove down.

Fanatics.

That's it! Thanks, that was bugging me. Are the Praetorians 30 as well? I either rocket them before getting a chance to look at their health, or I'm too busy running and trying not to die to look.

Stop scaring people. The hard raid is more than doable with a full group of 29's. Put the lvl 30 on the left during conflux phase and they will be fine after they get their groove down.

Absolutely doable. Gatekeepers and the past portal during Atheon will take some serious patience.

Flawless failed because the the relic wasn't cleansing me. It showed up as being cleansed after, we got the Templar down and then it immediately showed up as me being marked and killed me despite having the relic holder keep his bubble up.

Rubenov

There's a difference between being doable and being able to finish it under 90 minutes. I know group of 29s that have spent about 20hrs beating the hard raid.

Approximately 30% reduction in damage dealt, and the same % increase for damage taken is cold, hard math. There's no arguing that.

Hyun Sai

If any Gaffers are doing fresh Hard raid today, I wish to try it for the first time with my Warlock 29. Max Atheon Epilogue, Ice Breaker, Hezen Vengeance.

Daemul

There's a difference between being doable and being able to finish it under 90 minutes. I know group of 29s that have spent about 20hrs beating the hard raid.

Approximately 30% reduction in damage dealt, and the same % increase for damage taken is cold, hard math. There's no arguing that.

Yep. A level 30 with completely un-upgraded weapons will do more damage than a level 29 with fully upgraded weapons. That's how big the damage difference is.

Zakalwe

Banned
Ok so Atheon speed record, we have the checkpoint on multiple characters.

Zakalwe (astropoff)
Boguester (DrDrizzay101)
TheTylerDurden

And potentially:

GreenyMac
LollipoPReapeR
Steroyd

Any other takers? Level 30, max Gjallarhorn, Titan if possible (we won't be picky if you don't have a Titan maxed).

Let us know here or in game.

X-Frame

Experienced Bladedancers, is Blink Strike as good of a melee ability as I think it is? Is it worth building my Hunter around it (Intellect + Strength)?

I'm a total Hunter newb and coming from a Titan who loves to be up close and in the action.

Also, what is the best grenade for PvP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom