• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steroyd

Sweet mother of God, I need close to or upward of 300 spinmetal, to upgrade my everything. Meanwhile I'm sitting on 150+ Spirit Bloom and Relic Iron. :(

Ok so Atheon speed record, we have the checkpoint on multiple characters.

Zakalwe (astropoff)
Boguester (DrDrizzay101)
TheTylerDurden

And potentially:

GreenyMac
LollipoPReapeR
Steroyd

Any other takers? Level 30, max Gjallarhorn, Titan if possible (we won't be picky if you don't have a Titan maxed).

Let us know here or in game.

Would love to join, but I won't be able to until much later in the day.

Experienced Bladedancers, is Blink Strike as good of a melee ability as I think it is? Is it worth building my Hunter around it (Intellect + Strength)?

I'm a total Hunter newb and coming from a Titan who loves to be up close and in the action.

Also, what is the best grenade for PvP?

Blink Strike is great for pvp. No need for the build since Fast Twitch makes Blink Strike a 5 sec. cooldown.

Edit: The best grenade for Bladedancers is definitely arcbolt. Use it with Lucky Raspberry and you'll be surprised how many double down kills you accumulate.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Experienced Bladedancers, is Blink Strike as good of a melee ability as I think it is? Is it worth building my Hunter around it (Intellect + Strength)?

I'm a total Hunter newb and coming from a Titan who loves to be up close and in the action.

Also, what is the best grenade for PvP?
Blink Strike is great but never build completely around it with Strength- if you want it on low cooldown just use Fast Twitch.

edit: damn it. at least you're a pso fan.

I don't have Lucky Raspberry and always use Flux grenades. but I would switch to arcbolt with it equipped.

Blink Strike is great but never build completely around it with Strength- if you want it on low cooldown just use Fast Twitch.

edit: damn it. at least you're a pso fan.

I don't have Lucky Raspberry and always use Flux grenades. but I would switch to arcbolt with it equipped.

And a gators fan. :)

Stubo

I don't suppose anyone is running gatekeepers on Xbox One today? LFG appears to be getting crippled by someone who thinks they're super funny:

Qgh5lDn.png

Level 29 sunsinger warlock (or 29 gunslinger hunter if you'd prefer). Experienced, 300 raid primaries, ice breaker and heavy. You guys know the deal :)

deafmedal

Ill be around later to try. My titan just hit 25 and I need to do strikes to nab a chest and get raid ready. 3 Characters is like having a job....

Couldn't agree more. Did 3 weeklies last night, 2 Nightfalls, one raid..

This past week was crazy for me, getting my Titan from 7 to 28 (29 with 1 more upgrade yay!)... I've ran weekly/NF soooo many times, I think 2-3 times a day since reset. Not doing it today lol! It would be great if they changed the weekly to be different from the NF.

Inventory management is horrible, I don't have 3 of all my favorite weapons, and the ones I do have dupes for, the dupes aren't leveled :S I have been keeping the fully leveled Ghorn, VoC, void 77 and IB along with 20 heavy packs in the bank (please don't glitch O_0) to make it quicker to switch for VoG runs.

Just glad that grind is over (for now), don't really care for the slog to raid ready with a new character. Now if I could only get just one more drop for my warlock or hunter so as to hit 30... Iron Banner gear ain't gonna help, lol!

Will be interesting to see if there will be enough time to run at least 3 weeklies, 3 NFs, 3-6 raids and level up Iron Banner when it hits (something something no content ;P)!

Does anyone have an advice for the Raid on Hard?

We've nearly dragged our group up to atleast 29. Many of us have lots of fully upgraded weapons. Soon we will have a 30. A few slackers but we will keep at it.

How much of a jump is it? Is it feasible to atleast make it past the Templar relatively easily? Even if we were to get the Orcale and Templar rewards, that's still two more rewards a week.

Done it the other night with 2 30's.

Group was formed on GAF so everyone knew what was going down and what their roles were.

The raid itself wasn't difficult, dealing with the glitches on Atheon was though. Easily wiped 10-15 times with 80% of those wipes down to glitches.

Some funny wipes in there too though so it was still enjoyable.

Tips are:

Make sure you're weapons are maxed.
Make sure everyone knows their roles.
Be prepared for a few wipes.
Have ammo synths on standby.
Have fun.

As long as you know you're gonna wipe a few times there's notbing to worry about.

At the jumping puzzle, I've got it on lock down. Went across an went aff for a couple of minutes to come back and find my raid mates had pushed me off the ledge to my death :p laughter ensued.

So let's say you have every exotic and legendary weapon and you never play crucible and are level 30.

What 3 weapons would be the best to use?

I never play Crucible but want to try Iron Banner next week.

Lima

So let's say you have every exotic and legendary weapon and you never play crucible and are level 30.

There is no setup that works for all maps. There is no best.

My setup will be:

Primary: Suros Regime / The Last Word

Secondary: Found Verdict / Praedyth's Revenge

Heavy: Jolder's Hammer

All 300 of course.

Kei-

So went 16-0 in crucible last night and it said "...Prevailed Unbroken" and "...found a Legendary Engram" immediately after.

Not the first time I've gone through a match without dying, nor the highest number of kills I've completed a match with and had no deaths. But it is the first time I've seen it say I prevailed unbroken. And also the first time I got a legendary engram in a long time. I do not know when they added the prevailed unbroken to the kill feed, but I know there has been an unbroken medal forever.

I know it could be coincidence, but I was convinced I received the engram because I went without a death and maybe over a certain amount of kills. I was also convinced it was a very special legendary engram I got, and called that it would turn into an exotic. Lo and behold, it turned into a Plan C.

On a side note, I think certain milestones should guarantee, or at least greatly improve your chance of exotic drops or engram drops. I'm sure others have suggested them before but;

Being on the winning team should improve your chances over the losing team.
Being the mvp should improve your chances even more greatly than being on the winning team.
Prevailing unbroken with a minimum of 15 kills should also increase your chances of an engram dropping, or maybe even guarantee a purple one. (I know this might lead to camping so maybe just greatly increase chances.)

And all these should stack. Nothing wrong with rewarding good players, just keep the current chance everyone else has as well.

ocean

Banned
My Vision of Confluence is at 288/300 attack so it's almost ready for me to use it in the Raid. Question about perks: stability or field scout?

Deku Tree

My Vision of Confluence is at 288/300 attack so it's almost ready for me to use it in the Raid. Question about perks: stability or field scout?

I use field scout. VoC is stable enough for me without the extra stability perk. But I think that most of the time too.

There is no setup that works for all maps. There is no best.

My setup will be:

Primary: Suros Regime / The Last Word

Secondary: Found Verdict / Praedyth's Revenge

Heavy: Jolder's Hammer

All 300 of course.

Haha, that's exactly what I was thinking for a setup. But what's Jolders Hammer?

Zakalwe

Banned
So went 16-0 in crucible last night and it said "...Prevailed Unbroken" and "...found a Legendary Engram" immediately after.

Not the first time I've gone through a match without dying, nor the highest number of kills I've completed a match with and had no deaths. But it is the first time I've seen it say I prevailed unbroken. And also the first time I got a legendary engram in a long time. I do not know when they added the prevailed unbroken to the kill feed, but I know there has been an unbroken medal forever.

I know it could be coincidence, but I was convinced I received the engram because I went without a death and maybe over a certain amount of kills. I was also convinced it was a very special legendary engram I got, and called that it would turn into an exotic. Lo and behold, it turned into a Plan C.

You get a Mark of the Unbroken for scoring 7+ kills and having 0 deaths when the match ends

I've never been rewarded when I earnt one.

Vault of Glass - Hard
(PS4)

3pm Eastern (roughly 4 hours from now)

1) Kor_of_Memory
2) aMadTeaParty7
3) Ratsult2
4)
5)
6)

Look for 3 to help with the hard raid. Currently I'm the only level 30, but everyone on the list so far has all weapons at 300. I personally have a 300 Epilogue, Icebreaker, Corrective Measure that I use for the raid.

This raid will be front to back. We will be doing minimal cheesing. (I.E. no hiding in the spirit bloom cave, no pushing the templar off the edge)

Lima

Haha, that's exactly what I was thinking for a setup. But what's Jolders Hammer?

Heavy MG that you could buy last IB. Best legendary machine gun in the game although something like The Swarm would work too. Even better if you have one with Field scout.

Regarding prevailed unbroken. This is only triggered once you finish a game with no deaths and a minimum of 15 kills.

Kei-

You get a Mark of the Unbroken for scoring 7+ kills and having 0 deaths when the match ends

I've never been rewarded when I earnt one.

I know of the mark of the unbroken. But did it always announce it in the kill feed at the end of the game? I remember there used to be a mark of the unbroken bounty that popped up in the beta/alpha at least. Don't think I've seen that bounty in the full game though.

Deku Tree

Vault of Glass - Hard
(PS4)

1) Kor_of_Memory
2) aMadTeaParty7
3) Ratsult2
4)
5)
6)

Look for 3 to help with the hard raid. Currently I'm the only level 30, but everyone on the list so far has all weapons at 300. I personally have a 300 Epilogue, Icebreaker, Corrective Measure that I use for the raid.

This raid will be front to back. We will be doing minimal cheesing. (I.E. no hiding in the spirit bloom cave, no pushing the templar off the edge)

What is the difference between "minimal cheese"
and "no cheese"? I am finished raiding for this week.

Rubenov

Vault of Glass - Hard
(PS4)

1) Kor_of_Memory
2) aMadTeaParty7
3) Ratsult2
4)
5)
6)

Rubenov25

Level 30 Warlock.

Zakalwe

Banned
I know of the mark of the unbroken. But did it always announce it in the kill feed at the end of the game? I remember there used to be a mark of the unbroken bounty that popped up in the beta/alpha at least. Don't think I've seen that bounty in the full game though.

As long as you meet the requirements it does, yes.

That bounty may have been removed, would have promoted far too much hiding/camping.

phen0m24

Depends on your style:

Run and gun? Suros
Range/sniper? Patience and Time
Up close and personal? Found Verdict

Armamentarium and double nades too. :)
Heavy: Corrective Measure or the Horn of Awesome

Lima

Depends on your style:

Run and gun? Suros
Range/sniper? Patience and Time
Up close and personal? Found Verdict

Armamentarium and double nades too. :)

There is not a single scenario where a patience and time will be more useful than praedyth's revenge. Just as these dumb fucks using ice breaker in crucible. I just laugh at them.

phen0m24

There is not a single scenario where a patience and time will be more useful than praedyth's revenge. Just as these dumb fucks using ice breaker in crucible. I just laugh at them.

I have both but hey cloaking is a good deal. Some may like that but I know Praedyth is rock solid and stable. P&T is too though..

Arrrammis

Trophies I still need to be guardian lord:

Assist Capture 50 points on control
Reach weekly crucible marks cap
Get 25 heavy weapon PvP kills
Discover 50 dead ghosts
Do a raid with your clan
Flawless raider
Level a complete hunter subclass

Not sure if I care enough to intentionally work at getting the platinum.

My Method:
Find a group that wants to do flawless raid(if you're after this trophy)->Create a Bungie clan->invite the members of our team to the clan(now a clan of 6 people)->Complete the raid->Profit!

Lima

I have both but hey cloaking is a good deal. Some may like that but I know Praedyth is rock solid and stable. P&T is too though..

The cloaking is useful until you realize that the red light still shows while scoped. It's so easy to make out a person using it that they might as well not be cloaked at all.

phen0m24

The cloaking is useful until you realize that the red light still shows while scoped. It's so easy to make out a person using it that they might as well not be cloaked at all.

Ahh.. didn't realize that. :(

I can't snipe worth a darn

Zakalwe

Banned
I thought it was 15+

Edit: just checked and it is indeed 15

Heavy MG that you could buy last IB. Best legendary machine gun in the game although something like The Swarm would work too. Even better if you have one with Field scout.

Regarding prevailed unbroken. This is only triggered once you finish a game with no deaths and a minimum of 15 kills.

It's 15 yeh, just checked my medals on my profile.

States 7 on the wikis, must be out-dated alpha/beta info.

Kei-

As long as you meet the requirements it does, yes.

That bounty may have been removed, would have promoted far too much hiding/camping.

I see, never noticed before. But yes, I agree, the medal probably would have promoted slower play styles or camping.

But that brings up a bigger issue with bounties and pvp in general. I think there needs to be a separate non-bounty playlist.

People play differently and use weapons they might not necessarily be good with just to complete bounties. Sometimes it's the only way you have left to earn meaningful experience. This leads to unfun experiences for the person playing and teammates alike.

Again, I'm sure others have made the point before, and I know I have been making it for a while, it's just really frustrating.

Non-bounty playlists, for the most competitive games, or weapon only playlists where you can go to have some unique games or complete specific weapon bounties.

Rubenov

Any Gaffers down for a Normal raid?

Right now we have:

1. Rubenov25
2. GreenyMac

Please quote this post with your PSN id.

Dave_6

Anyone up for taking down Xyor to finish up this Thorn bounty? It's been a long road and I'd love to close the book on it!

PSN: Temidien

Still looking for someone? I need to do this too and couldn't find anyone last night.

I need to do the nightfall as well.

Steroyd

Stupid Iron Banner 2.0 causing first world problems.

My Warlock only needs boots to level 30, but I'm only interested in doing Iron Banner with my Hunter, I'll probably do a Hard Raid with my Warlock first and see if I need to be bothered grinding for IB rep later, but I'm guessing I'll only have enough time to get one build to the sufficient rank to buy the good stuff, if the last IB is anything to go by. *pout*

There is no golden setup for all maps, what works for Twilight Gap, you'll get mauled in First Light for example, that said for most maps, a Suros, Found Verdict and Corrective Measure should get the job done on most maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom