• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyun Sai

Vault of Glass - Hard
(PS4)

3pm Eastern (roughly 4 hours from now)

1) Kor_of_Memory
2) aMadTeaParty7
3) Ratsult2
4)
5)
6)

Look for 3 to help with the hard raid. Currently I'm the only level 30, but everyone on the list so far has all weapons at 300. I personally have a 300 Epilogue, Icebreaker, Corrective Measure that I use for the raid.

This raid will be front to back. We will be doing minimal cheesing. (I.E. no hiding in the spirit bloom cave, no pushing the templar off the edge)

29 Warlock with Epilogue, Ice breaker, Hezen Vengeance all maxed. This is will be my first time in Hard though, so if you want a speed run, you'll do better without me ^^

PSN : Hyunsai

Kalamari

I have a feeling that Boots and Gauntlets will require the highest reputation level, which will require the serious-est of serious IB grinding. So, you must ask yourself if it's even worth it when DLC is so close.

Vault of Glass - Hard
(PS4)

3pm Eastern (roughly 3 hours from now)

1) Kor_of_Memory
2) aMadTeaParty7
3) Ratsult2
4) Rubenov25
5) Hyunsai
6)

Look for 3 to help with the hard raid. Currently I'm the only level 30, but everyone on the list so far has all weapons at 300. I personally have a 300 Epilogue, Icebreaker, Corrective Measure that I use for the raid.

This raid will be front to back. We will be doing minimal cheesing. (I.E. no hiding in the spirit bloom cave, no pushing the templar off the edge)

Need 1 more.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Why are helms more valuable than everything anyway? Like when you buy them, helms dwarf the other equipment when it comes to cost, yet many of them don't seem to benefit as well as body armor.

Lima

Why are helms more valuable than everything anyway? Like when you buy them, helms dwarf the other equipment when it comes to cost, yet many of them don't seem to benefit as well as body armor.

No one knows. I mean what's the reason the raid helmet only drops on hard? Bungie works in mysterious ways.

The cloaking is useful until you realize that the red light still shows while scoped. It's so easy to make out a person using it that they might as well not be cloaked at all.

I leveled mine up to that point and once I confirmed that the little red light still shows up, I put it in the vault to collect dust. Since you have to ADS for the cloak to engage it's a no win situation.

AEREC

So just booted this up after being absent for a while and selected Skirmish with Vehciles...is there only one map that supports vehicles? The one on the moon?

Zakalwe

Banned
Finally got my crucible k/d to 2. Onward to 3!

My combat rating flits between 110-170 or so, it's very erratic. I always play the objective in control, always revive in skirmish, and kill a lot in the rest the rounds. What else affects it?

Steroyd

I have a feeling that Boots and Gauntlets will require the highest reputation level, which will require the serious-est of serious IB grinding. So, you must ask yourself if it's even worth it when DLC is so close.

That's exactly why I'm thinking which way to go about this, the new raid is highly likely going to be lvl 28* for normal, I say 28 very lightly because like Vault of Glass with a level 26, the levels of the enemies stretch to level 28 by the end, I have no doubt there's going to be level 30 enemies at the end of the new raid which a level 29 struggles enough in the hard mode Vault of Glass.

Admittedly, the penalty of death won't be as brutal on normal, so maybe my Warlock wouldn't be as much a burden and I'm just overthinking things.

Deku Tree

I'm thinking
or hoping
this IB is not going to be the last way to get 30 light gear outside of the VoG RNG system with the new DLC on the way.

Even Bilzzard gives you one level 90 character with the new WoW expansion.

Deku Tree

Heavy MG that you could buy last IB. Best legendary machine gun in the game although something like The Swarm would work too. Even better if you have one with Field scout.

Regarding prevailed unbroken. This is only triggered once you finish a game with no deaths and a minimum of 15 kills.
That would be the corrective measure.

Kalamari

Also, why has Bungie put so much effort into fixing Iron Banner, a periodic event, while leaving the raid, an ongoing activity, completely full of glitches?

Also, why has Bungie put so much effort into fixing Iron Banner, a periodic event, while leaving the raid, an ongoing activity, completely full of glitches?
You think they fucked up with the raid?
The raid is nothing, NOTHING, compared to how Bungie set up Iron Banner
"Level Advantages Enabled" was more misleading than an advertising company, with the differences only 7 levels above/below
So a level 29 would do as much damage to a level 7 as would a level 14
Now they actually got their shit together and did stuff

Fitts

Raided with a few friends last night who wanted to fill in the gaps with some dudes from LFG. They were just so... dull. There was barely any communication at all coming from them and it made the experience utterly boring. I've never experienced that before. Next time, I'll push to get gaffers aboard. :)

Has anyone found a good use for Hard Light? I've upgraded enough to get all the perks and my impression is that it's kind of worthless for both PvE and PvP. Anyone care to point out what I'm missing?

Lima

That would be the corrective measure.

Not in crucible no which I was talking about. In crucible it's the equivalent of a Doctor Nope. High rate of fire but low impact. You will lose against a competent Swarm or Jolder's Hammer user every time. Not even 150 bullets can save you then.

Deku Tree

Raided with a few friends last night who wanted to fill in the gaps with some dudes from LFG. They were just so... dull. There was barely any communication at all coming from them and it made the experience utterly boring. I've never experienced that before. Next time, I'll push to get gaffers aboard. :)

Has anyone found a good use for Hard Light? I've upgraded enough to get all the perks and my impression is that it's kind of worthless for both PvE and PvP. Anyone care to point out what I'm missing?

Not missing much. Hard Light and Monte Carlo are both widely considered to be junk exotics... Unless you really like low impact auto rifles. I'd rather use Atheon's Epilogue myself.

So how are everyone's characters?

Main - Level 30 Titan
-All raid gear

2nd - Level 29 Hunter
-3/4 raid gear items (just need boots)

3rd - Level 29 Warlock
-2/4 raid gear items (need helmet and boots)

Each have a timebreaker, VoC, Corrective Measures and a bunch more great weapons. Hoping to keep working on the raid for those last raid gear items for my alts, but will be doing Iron Banner next week to hopefully get those items.

Have they announced what light 30 armour pieces were going to be available?

You think they fucked up with the raid?
The raid is nothing, NOTHING, compared to how Bungie set up Iron Banner
"Level Advantages Enabled" was more misleading than an advertising company, with the differences only 7 levels above/below
So a level 29 would do as much damage to a level 7 as would a level 14
Now they actually got their shit together and did stuff

They fixed (hopefully) Iron Banner in a month, it's been 2 months of raid glitches and even more introduced from the last patch.

I believe it can shoot through the Phalanx shields? Not too sure about that but I remember reading about this from a post here. If so, it would probably be useful for them especially with the Angry modifier.

They fixed (hopefully) Iron Banner in a month, it's been 2 months of raid glitches and even more introduced from the last patch.
I think they fix stuff based on community outcry
1st up: Exotic Weapon Patch(There is no competition for this spot)
2nd: Iron Banner(Especially after the horrible event that was Queen's Wrath/Bungie being too misleading about IB)
3rd: Cryptarch(Reason not #1 is that he did get a pretty big buff)
4th: Raid(While there may be glitches, Atheon isn't such a steaming pile of unplayable turd yet to the point where you can't beat him)
Also, you can beat Atheon in like 2/3 minutes with Ghorn

Bacon

Hey guys I just ran my first strike today (started playing the game this week) and had a guy basically just afk the whole time. So me and one other person had to do the whole thing while the other guy just hid. Is this a common occurrence? So frustrating...

Hey guys I just ran my first strike today (started playing the game this week) and had a guy basically just afk the whole time. So me and one other person had to do the whole thing while the other guy just hid. Is this a common occurrence? So frustrating...
It happens, but it's not the norm.
It definitely depends on what types of strikes you are doing
The higher the strike, the less I see AFKers

Lima

Yeah it happens. I usually just exit out. If it's a day where there is the strike without dying bounty I will just kill him first by pushing him off or into a wall with the sparrow and then continue to do the strike just to piss him/her off.

Bacon

It happens, but it's not the norm.
It definitely depends on what types of strikes you are doing
The higher the strike, the less I see AFKers

It was the level 12 moon strike. It was so annoying because we could have finished it in half the time if the other guy just helped us.

Fitts

Not missing much. Hard Light and Monte Carlo are both widely considered to be junk exotics... Unless you really like low impact auto rifles. I'd rather use Atheon's Epilogue myself.

Gotcha. And AE is the only low impact assault rifle in I've found that I actually like. It's incredibly useful in the right situation and is a surprisingly good crucible primary. Sure it's not as satisfying as hand cannon, but what is? ;)

Re: Phalanx shields, I'll give Hard Light a go against them next time the opportunity presents itself. But yeah, it feels like a worse Shingen after the stability upgrades.

Rehsa

Any Gaffers down for a Normal raid?

Right now we have:

1. Rubenov25
2. GreenyMac

Please quote this post with your PSN id.

If you still need 1 add me, PSN Moridhin, 29 Hunter

Edit: Doh too late, if anyone doing a normal raid I'm down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom