• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

btkadams

I asked in the raid thread but this seems more active. How long does the hard raid take? I've done the normal raid 3 times now but never attempted the hard one. I'm level 29 so I should be doing the hard one, right?

My Warlock just reached 29 and wants to do his first hard raid!

Looking for 29s and 30s for a fresh hard raid run!

Level 29 Warlock
Maxed Vision of Consluence, Icebreaker and Corrective Measures (plus many more but that's my Raid load out)

PS4
Cosmos_Man

Rely with your PSN ID and send me a FR!

1. Cosmos_Man

Deku Tree

I asked in the raid thread but this seems more active. How long does the hard raid take? I've done the normal raid 3 times now but never attempted the hard one. I'm level 29 so I should be doing the hard one, right?

29 is still tough for the hard raid especially if your whole team is 29. You can be one shot by hobgoblins at 29, and hard raid has no revives. Every enemy is level 30.

It can be done with all 29s but it's much harder. You absolutely need maxxed 300 attack weapons.

An experienced crew can do the hard raid in an hour or so. An inexperienced hard raid crew of 29s can take many hours or end up giving up and rage quitting even...

29 is still tough for the hard raid especially if your whole team is 29. You can be one shot by hobgoblins at 29, and hard raid has no revives. Every enemy is level 30.

It can be done with all 29s but it's much harder. You absolutely need maxxed 300 attack weapons.

An experienced crew can do the hard raid in an hour or so. An inexperienced hard raid crew of 29s can take many hours or end up giving up and rage quitting even...
You can't revive in Hard raid?
Wow

Yes you need a mix of 29s and 30s. Especially confluxes.

Definity

I need so many materials for upgrades but just can't stand going in mindless circles looking for it. IIRC bungie is going to make it easier to get materials in a future update. Have they said anything else about how that will work?

I need so many materials for upgrades but just can't stand going in mindless circles looking for it. IIRC bungie is going to make it easier to get materials in a future update. Have they said anything else about how that will work?

Paraphrasing but something about more hunting less gathering.

Yes you need a mix of 29s and 30s. Especially confluxes.

The only time I think 30s are almost necessary is Atheon. A 29 relic holder needs a lot of back up, and it still probably won't end well. A level 30 can deal with the adds so much more easily. The problem obviously now is hoping the level 30s get teleported.

k1t4j

Being 29 for almost two months is starting to get to me, it's a bit frustrating some times i have to admit...

Anyways I was in a raid group earlier and we couldn't finish off atheon, so I have the HM CP for him.

If anyone wants to help or need him let me know. If we attempt it I think at least 3 lv 30's would be nice so theres more chances one gets teleported.

Let me know if anyone wants to have a go.

ocean

Banned
I'm not the best PvP player out there, I average 1.0 K/D usually on Control. I hope I can find an Iron Banner Sherpa to let me join their team. Hopefully being level 30 and having top weapons will let me play IB without being at an ugly disadvantage :p I'm thinking I'll run with Suros Regime/Hawkmoon + Found Verdict/Praedyth's Revenge + Corrective Measure.

What load outs will you guys be running with?

k1t4j

I'm not the best PvP player out there, I average 1.0 K/D usually on Control. I hope I can find an Iron Banner Sherpa to let me join their team. Hopefully being level 30 and having top weapons will let me play IB without being at an ugly disadvantage :p I'm thinking I'll run with Suros Regime/Hawkmoon + Found Verdict/Praedyth's Revenge + Corrective Measure.

VoC / HAWKMOON

77 wizard / PR

SWARM

oh yes, Hawkmoon will be my new toy for First Light and Bastion :3

on a side note the heavy ammo spawn on Bastion is insane, was dominating with a heavy MG.

Red Death/Some Dinky Ass Rare Fusion Rifle/Unfriendly Giant

Being 29 for almost two months is starting to get to me, it's a bit frustrating some times i have to admit...

Anyways I was in a raid group earlier and we couldn't finish off atheon, so I have the HM CP for him.

If anyone wants to help or need him let me know. If we attempt it I think at least 3 lv 30's would be nice so theres more chances one gets teleported.

Let me know if anyone wants to have a go.

Want to join our fresh hard raid? Otherwise we can start at Atheon.

Cosmos_Man

Vault of Glass - Hard
(PS4)

3pm Eastern (roughly 2 hours from now)

1) Kor_of_Memory
2) aMadTeaParty7
3) Ratsult2
4) Rubenov25
5) Hyunsai
6) Cosmos_Man

Look for 3 to help with the hard raid. Currently I'm the only level 30, but everyone on the list so far has all weapons at 300. I personally have a 300 Epilogue, Icebreaker, Corrective Measure that I use for the raid.

This raid will be front to back. We will be doing minimal cheesing. (I.E. no hiding in the spirit bloom cave, no pushing the templar off the edge)

Need 1 more.

Fitts

I won't make claims of being the best but I feel like I do well enough in PvP. (typically first/second on my team) I should be playing the heck out of some Iron Banner, so feel free to add me if you'd like! :)

PS4 PSN EinFurDieDamen

Probable Loadout:

Hawkmoon/Thorn
Found Verdict
Swarm (possibly Thunderlord if I feel like changing to a legendary primary and playing dirty)

Don't always need a team of Rambos to win. A team that communicates and works together can win a lot of matches. Knowing with points to hold goes a long way in control.

Primary: TLW/Shadow Price/TDYK
Special: Found Verdict/Praedyths Revenge/Light Beware
Heavy: Gjallarhorn/Zombie Apocalypse

Did just get a Thunderlord, but with TLW taking up most of my upgrading attention right now doubt I'll have it ready for IB.

Steroyd

My primary will range between Suros/TLW or MIDA Multitool, but my Special will always be Found Verdict and my Heavy will be Corrective Measure.

Bounty's permitting.

I'll probably switch between

Hawkmoon/Found Verdict/Jolder's Hammer

and

Fatebringer/Found Verdict/Gjallarhorn or Thunderlord

Might change to Praedyth's Revenge for larger maps, but probably not.

If there's auto rifle bounties like last time, I guess I'll be using the SUROS for a bit as well.

k1t4j

Want to join our fresh hard raid? Otherwise we can start at Atheon.

Cosmos_Man

I wouldn't mind, but I have a paper due tomorrow (it's done but I need to revise it) and don't want to spend too much time raiding.

So i just wanted to finish this have a last chance at atheon and go back to it.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
like this (same player, fucking laggy titan)
http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=...enle&vid=6fafbf78-ef65-4fc1-88bb-10462c958a30

today is the worst i've seen since launch. after that match i actually played the weekly heroic and someone joined my game and the AI was warping all over the place. may be on my end i suppose...
I've actually seen what happened with that Titan before
He was actually in the middle of disconnecting from the game
You can tell because of the crouch-walk(I'm being serious)

Mindlog

Iron Banner weapons.
Thorn and Final Rest.
Hopefully my Iron Banner weapons will be the same as my Crucible loadout. Still have to max my Thorn. I also have a bunch of other weapons in case IB introduces some new balance issues. P&T is my favorite crucible exotic sniper, but Icebreaker's overwhelming damage probably gives it a nod in Iron Banner.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I've actually seen what happened with that Titan before
He was actually in the middle of disconnecting from the game
You can tell because of the crouch-walk(I'm being serious)

possibly, but he never did.

vid

GAF, last night I made it to LVL 26. What kind of things should I consider before trying to get into a group for the Raid? I don't want to rush in with a group and find out that I'm carrying the wrong equipment or something and make it a miserable experience for everyone.

GAF, last night I made it to LVL 26. What kind of things should I consider before trying to get into a group for the Raid? I don't want to rush in with a group and find out that I'm carrying the wrong equipment or something and make it a miserable experience for everyone.
Max your primary at least
Also, read up on the Raid. Helps a shitload.
Edit: Don't listen to people saying you need to be 27/28. 26s can do the raid no problem, especially if you have max atk weapons. 27/28 on Normal is a bit of a crutch, I find. It's not a bad thing, though, if you're looking to speedrun the shit out of the Vault.

lunlunqq

Try level up to 27, or preferably 28. That would make thw raid a much more enjoyable experience for you.

ocean

Banned
I won't make claims of being the best but I feel like I do well enough in PvP. (typically first/second on my team) I should be playing the heck out of some Iron Banner, so feel free to add me if you'd like! :)

PS4 PSN EinFurDieDamen

Probable Loadout:

Hawkmoon/Thorn
Found Verdict
Swarm (possibly Thunderlord if I feel like changing to a legendary primary and playing dirty)

Sent friend request! I've only player Crucible with a GAF fire team once but it went great. I'm not an amazing player but Rubenov is a beast and carried me to some downright hilarious victories :p

broony

Get to lvl 27, ideally 28.

Get legendary weapons for all three slots, ideally upgraded or void for minotaurs.

Bring ammo packs for all three weapons but especially heavy.

Look for a friendly group to take you through. A few guys here run newbie raids.

If you don't mind spoiling yourself, look for some boss walkthrough a on YouTube. Datto does some good ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom