• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
The public event tracking app seems like a lot of effort to put together for something that rarely works.

I think I've had a 10% success rate with it and that's being generous. The couple times it "worked" for me might've just been a coincidence anyway.

zarnold56

The public event tracking app seems like a lot of effort to put together for something that rarely works.

I think I've had a 10% success rate with it and that's being generous. The couple times it "worked" for me might've just been a coincidence anyway.

I always use it and it works well for me. The earth timers seem to be be most accurate.

Jinjo

It's important that you're already in the area where the event spawns before the countdown to the event reaches zero.

vid

Get to lvl 27, ideally 28.

Get legendary weapons for all three slots, ideally upgraded or void for minotaurs.

Bring ammo packs for all three weapons but especially heavy.

Look for a friendly group to take you through. A few guys here run newbie raids.

If you don't mind spoiling yourself, look for some boss walkthrough a on YouTube. Datto does some good ones.

Try level up to 27, or preferably 28. That would make thw raid a much more enjoyable experience for you.

Max your primary at least
Also, read up on the Raid. Helps a shitload.
Edit: Don't listen to people saying you need to be 27/28. 26s can do the raid no problem, especially if you have max atk weapons. 27/28 on Normal is a bit of a crutch, I find. It's not a bad thing, though, if you're looking to speedrun the shit out of the Vault.

Alright, sounds like the most important thing for me to focus on right now is getting some better weapons before diving into this thing. Thanks for the advice, guys! I'll get back to preparing for the Raid.

Current gear for reference: http://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/2/4611686018428859831/2305843009216449446#gear

The app has worked 90% of the time for me for weeks now. You need to make sure you are in the area during the period that the app states "may appear in ? mins". If no human players are in the area during that time up until the "window" opens the event won't happen.

There are one or two areas that I haven't had any luck with that are listed on the app. Steppes and Rocketyard on Earth. Otherwise the events show up for me all the time.

You need to make sure you are in the area during the period that the app states "may appear in ? mins". If no human players are in the area during that time up until the "window" opens the event won't happen.

Yeah. Also, if you're using http://destinypublicevents.com/, green events are more likely to occur than orange events. Events are also more likely to occur if there are more people in the area. They also don't happen at a set time. There's a window of about 10 minutes where the event may happen.

Seep

Does anyone have a raid about to start with a spare slot?

I've done it countless times and have maxed raid weapons.

Seep_UK

I always use it and it works well for me. The earth timers seem to be be most accurate.

Funny you say that because I'm actually at Earth right now and I'm 0 for 7 while waiting 5 minutes ahead of time and after. All the green ones too.

It's important that you're already in the area where the event spawns before the countdown to the event reaches zero.

Yeah I've been trying that. Seems like I have as much luck with this thing as I do with RNG.

Hyun Sai

Funny you say that because I'm actually at Earth right now and I'm 0 for 7 while waiting 5 minutes ahead of time and after. All the green ones too.

Yeah I've been trying that. Seems like I have as much luck with this thing as I do with RNG.

This is my 100% guaranteed run on Earth.

55' : Mothyards
10' : The Divide
25' : Mothyards
40' : The Divide

Doing patrol missions to fill the gaps.

If you respect the "Be there 5 minutes before", the event ALWAYS starts.

You can knock out three easily if you go from The Divide to Skywatch and back again. Or the other way around. Right now 2:21 pm, go to Skywatch.

Then once you finish the Warsat at about 2:30, get over to The divide. You will get the Devil Walker at around 2:45. Then go right back to Skywatch. If you get a war break out at Skywatch instead of the Event, make your way to Mothyards as fast as possible and hope you get lucky and catch the tail end of that Event.

Farming is so boring. The guy who decided that raid boots need 80 spinmetal needs a good punch in the face.

Can we punch the guy who made each piece of armor take 50 armor mats first? Why they try to entice me to start a new toon by giving Titan and Warlock legendaries and exotics to my Hunter, and then make them useless if I didn't grind a bunch of greens and blues first, is beyond me.

Daemul

When is Iron Banner coming back? I can't wait to slay fools with my level 30. Please let it live up to it's promise this time Bungie.

Mats should drop from anyone with a yellow health bar. With double the amount if you finish them with critical hits. Also those amounts should be more than 1!

Rixa

Farming is so boring. The guy who decided that raid boots need 80 spinmetal needs a good punch in the face.

Wasn't so bad in the alpha, when nodes gave like 8 spinmetal. Why they decided to nerf it down to 1 is beyond me.

If I remember correctly Deej said that this was about to change. Can't wait.

Yep, my boots & hands need Helium, 64 total then they are maxed. Farming with 1-2 per pickup is so annoying slow. It doesnt help if area is (usally) crowded other players also farming.

Daemul

Hunters and Warlocks, this is what it's going to look like when you see my Titan running towards you.

hes_comin_right_at_us.jpg

Vault of Glass - Hard
(PS4)

3pm Eastern (roughly .2 hours from now)

1) Kor_of_Memory
2) aMadTeaParty7
3) Ratsult2
4) Rubenov25
5) Hyunsai
6) Cosmos_Man

Look for 3 to help with the hard raid. Currently I'm the only level 30, but everyone on the list so far has all weapons at 300. I personally have a 300 Epilogue, Icebreaker, Corrective Measure that I use for the raid.

This raid will be front to back. We will be doing minimal cheesing. (I.E. no hiding in the spirit bloom cave, no pushing the templar off the edge)

Starting shortly.

Deku Tree

People act like Deej has power within Bungie... but I don't think he does... he's a community manager who's job is to convey a message to the community that is sent down from higher ups. He probably doesn't even decide what is the meat of the message, he may just decide how to say it.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Thanks Dave. Finally got the Thorn. That was way harder than it should be. I don't know how people are doing that solo.

Namikaze1

Who's up for one last raid in two hours before I'm hunting down Pagan Min's men in Far Cry, killing dragons in Dragon Age, and enslaving Pokemon in Pokemon Alpha Sapphire?

Vault of Glass - Hard
(PS4)

3pm Eastern (roughly 2 hours from now)

1) Kor_of_Memory
2) aMadTeaParty7
3) Ratsult2
4) Rubenov25
5)
6)

Look for 3 to help with the hard raid. Currently I'm the only level 30, but everyone on the list so far has all weapons at 300. I personally have a 300 Epilogue, Icebreaker, Corrective Measure that I use for the raid.

This raid will be front to back. We will be doing minimal cheesing. (I.E. no hiding in the spirit bloom cave, no pushing the templar off the edge)

Had 2 no shows. Anyone care to join? Starting as soon as we're full.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom