• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pickman

It's all over the Scablands.

Spinmetal is the slowest for me.

A good place I've found to farm it is where those helicopter pads are with the big hive temple, and the two forces fighting it out nearby. I forget how you get there off the top of my head, though.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It can be a little overwhelming to look at the total resources. Only occasionally do I ever bother to gather enough for multiple upgrades, usually when I get an upgrade available or I'm just about to then I'll go and get just enough. Even those small collection runs can get annoying though.
That's what I do too, I never gather more than two upgrades' worth (32 mats) in one sitting. It really goes quick, except for spinmetal for me for some reason and helium to a lesser extent. I just can't seem to get a rhythm with those two,

That's not a bad idea at all.
I play about half the time on a dual monitor setup, it's great.
Does anyone else feel like relic iron is the slowest to farm?
Nah, relic iron is a breeze for me. Helium and spinmetal goes slow. Everyone has their quirks with this it seems like XD

spyder_ur

is the perk like the Iridium Rounds?

Not sure what Iridium Rounds are, but the perk says: Volatile Light: Rounds fired from this weapon overpenetrate targets and ricochet on hard surfaces.

Basically, bullets go through targets and can hit other targets or bounce off walls. It can be fun, but you need very special circumstances where enemies are tightly packed in a hallway or such. If it could go through phalanx shields, it would be a game changer.

That's what I do too, I never gather more than two upgrades' worth (32 mats) in one sitting. It really goes quick, except for spinmetal for me for some reason and helium to a lesser extent. I just can't seem to get a rhythm with those two,

I play about half the time on a dual monitor setup, it's great.

Nah, relic iron is a breeze for me. Helium and spinmetal goes slow. Everyone has their quirks with this it seems like XD

You guys will have to show me your Relic Iron runs.

Spinmetal speeds up in Rocketyard

This, Rocketyard is great for Spinmetal farming.

LordofPwn

Another PS4 FLAWLESS RAIDER attempt(s) Tonight @ 8pm Bungie time (Pacific), maybe...
I'll try not to fail on the jumping puzzle again

1. LordofPwn
2. iRAWRasaurus
3. NeOak - maybe
4. DairyZeus - maybe
5. Stantron

We might need the doctor back too. You know who you are.

Need 1 more for sure, and would like to have Boguester back but are also willing to let others in, and always nice to have backups.

I finally leveled my Thorn to the damage over time talent, and jumped into some PvP. sogood.gif Worth every bit of the pain in the ass the exotic bounty was. It is the only gun I will use from now on in PvP. There is nothing better than getting the timing down when you know you have done enough damage for the DoT to kill them, and just walk away and get the kill score pop up. It is the PvP equivalent of walking away all badass from an explosion in an action movie.

Ourobolus

Banned
You guys will have to show me your Relic Iron runs.

This, Rocketyard is great for Spinmetal farming.

Yeah, Rocketyard is my Spinmetal run

Spinmetal - Rocketyard
Helium - Archer's Line
Spirit Bloom - Ember Caves
Relic Iron - Scablands

They are all really easy, and pretty quick. I just think the back-and-forth nature of Archer's Line tends to take a little longer.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Happy to show you tonight after our strike. I don't do the Scablands loop so much in favor of a smaller but very quick one right by the patrol spawn.

Rocketyard is fine for Spinmetal, I just don't think I like the area itself that much which makes it seem more tedious. I really like the Divide, specially with that Walker dropping in, but I don't know all the chest spots there by a long shot.

phen0m24

See, I feel like the Scablands loop is never any good for me.

I got close to 100 spinmetal in an hour the other night.

Helium I feel like is pretty good for me at Archer's Line.

Depends on the day. Sometimes just leave the area and come back. Or you have someone in front of you farming and despawning the chests.
It happens

Deku Tree

Relic iron goes the fastest for me. I go to scablands. Last time I did it I found group of four players farming together and it went really fast. One or two went into a cave, the other two waited outside. If nothing outside players quickly run to the next cave, if they found a chest they wave or shoot at it and everyone goes down to grab it.

Oh yeah and sometimes unfortunately you get onto maps with players doing their own thing who are not interested in working together... In that case the only thing to do is go to orbit and load back into The map with different players.

That made farming basically go twice as fast as normal. We should put together some GAF farming runs.

LordofPwn

Yeah, I do the double point sometimes, but I don't think most people realize what that means. Better than nothing though.

Yeah, I'm up for another flawless attempt. I should be on by 7PM PST. Gonna also try to complete HM Atheon on at least one more character too. And then Halo MCC at midnight. >_<

Added!

I'd love to join you, but I'm not going to be on until later tonight around 10 or 11pm Central. I've done the Hard raid a bunch. I have a Level 30 Hunter that had to stop at the Atheon fight and I have another Hunter leveled that I wouldn't mind running through Hard before the reset. If it's not too late I'd love to join, but if it is I understand. PSN is MrJellyBean.

I'll add you on PSN either way. I'm not sure what time I'll be running it. Depends on the others in the group I guess.

spyder_ur

I had a lot of fun with Invective in PVP last night. That thing wrecks once you get used to it. Not sure what the use would be in PVE, though. Only downside is in burns through ammo in PVP, but running into a Titan bubble and delivering three automatic shotgun blasts to the face was fun.

Ourobolus

Banned
Depends on the day. Sometimes just leave the area and come back. Or you have someone in front of you farming and despawning the chests.
It happens

Catch up to them and run with them. I've ended up with plenty of randoms that are willing to help out and share.

I finally leveled my Thorn to the damage over time talent, and jumped into some PvP. sogood.gif Worth every bit of the pain in the ass the exotic bounty was. It is the only gun I will use from now on in PvP. There is nothing better than getting the timing down when you know you have done enough damage for the DoT to kill them, and just walk away and get the kill score pop up. It is the PvP equivalent of walking away all badass from an explosion in an action movie.

All this talk of Thorn...I really need to level it up to get the DoT, but I'm trying to prioritize leveling up Ice Breaker for now...

phen0m24

Catch up to them and run with them. I've ended up with plenty of randoms that are willing to help out and share.

Oh I usually do! I point and wave and eventually they get it. I was trying to encourage Scarlet that that might be why
he was striking out.

My favorite helium loop is the one from the njoi video on YouTube. Nice and easy.

Oh I usually do! I point and wave and eventually they get it. I was trying to encourage Scarlet that that might be why
he was striking out.

My favorite helium loop is the one from the njoi video on YouTube. Nice and easy.

Yeah, I'll try it again tonight. Another problem for me is that I'm just not a big fan of Mars.

phen0m24

I'm just gonna say this: you guys better enjoy this quiet week
typing this in line for Space Mountain
. Next week I'm going to try to power level the 'Horn O Plenty. ;)

LiK

One thing about playing alts is that it's making me understand the supers of other classes way more. So in essence I'm doing better in PVP even with my low level alts.

GhaleonEB

It'll actually go by extremely quick. You can make a circuit of the Hellmouth, the little base area off to the side of it, back around the mushroom building, and through the starting area to go back to the Hellmouth and probably have 128 in an hour and a half. Just check every cave and weird places for chests, and make sure to keep your ears open for the sparkly sound when you're running around. I usually pick up the body count and item collection bounties as I'm rolling through farming, and you'll get some XP/rep while you do it too.
I do a little bit of patrols and grab resources then, but it's mostly in small doses. I just find they get too boring, given the lack of enemy scaling. I did the patrol bounty on Venus this morning and got a pair of missions to kill a high powered target. Both died to a single sniper round. It's really really boring.

I did get a lot of spirit blooms, however so your point is taken. I'll just take a few minutes to do some extra scouring next time a moon patrol bounty pops up.

what aggravates me the most they have a "Salvage" game mode. This would be a prime opportunity to give it more of a purpose and let us fight over minerals. Granted- that is a pvp solution (not a PvE one).

I suppose a more fair solution would be to allow folks to trade in "marks" for resources. Once folks hit L29 the marks are mainly only useful for shards
Both of those seems like great ideas to me!

It can be a little overwhelming to look at the total resources. Only occasionally do I ever bother to gather enough for multiple upgrades, usually when I get an upgrade available or I'm just about to then I'll go and get just enough. Even those small collection runs can get annoying though.

This will probably mirror my approach. I'll just play and when I'm close go and find those extra few to tip me into an upgrade.

I really wish Bungie had put more thought into the resource grind. Again, patrols are lovely on paper but the total lack of interesting missions and lack of challenge make them much more of a leisurely distraction from the intense Strikes and other modes. They feel like an afterthought, when it's clear they're actually instrumental to the endgame.

I think a better solution would be to leave the overall explore mode the way it is now, but tailor the actual missions we trigger to our levels. Have us scan an object in a place that is actually well guarded; spawn an actual high-ranking target in a darkness zone we can enter, clear and exit. That way we can choose to have a more challenging (and rewarding) encounters, or just explore/farm at our leisure.

TheRook

Does anyone else feel like relic iron is the slowest to farm?

Not really, each material has a decent farming route you can take, For relic iron I use the Cabal base farm route. I get anywhere from 8-16 per lap. So just add a friend to your fireteam and chat away or put on some music.

Daemul

So I set out to romp with my newly purchased legendary gauntlets and boots, and looked at the details of the scout rifle I'm working toward buying.

To level them I will need 128 helium filaments. I have 12. Egads. I now understand the term "resource farming".

I hope those new "economies" for resources include letting us just buy them, or trade other resources. I just snag the ones I find when darting between objectives. That doesn't seem like it will cut it.

I've got 170 pieces of wire strands, though. Just in case.

Use this

You'll can have your 128 Helium in under 30 minutes once you get into the groove.

Ambitious

God, I love my Throwing Knife

knifer7qyg.gif

Deku Tree

Use this

You'll can have your 128 Helium in under 30 minutes once you get into the groove.

Those are nice glitches and they work great and quickly once you get the right chests or spawns setup, which doesn't always happen right away... But they are also mind numbingly boring.

BTW, is there a good location on Venus to quickly exploit that glitch for spirit bloom?

patchday

The fact that blade dancers can survive a direct hit from a rocket is BS.

grenade + shotgun/fusion = dead bladedancer usually. The key is delivering massive burst damage to the bladedancer before their regens kicks in after killing someone (and only a maxed bladedancer has that perk since its like dead last in their tree).

Most bladedancers dont have a maxed tree which is why you'll notice many are much more squishy. Especially if they cant blink

I've heard 'plan C' works well due its perk being able to fire when switched to. I just got a Plan C the other day from Atheon in the raid. Didnt even know he'd drop exotics

Mindlog

Use this

That's what I have resorted to.
I spawn trap any resource when I happen to come across it. Never lasts long because other people zone them out.

The loot cave was more fun :\
Wish Bungie would hurry up with the 'goody drop.'

LiK

ok farmed the hive for 2 hours about...

A plus xp right there

nearly done then on to titan

So it works? Just kill and then let them kill you and repeat?

Lemme know if you wanna do it together later. We can chat if you got a mic.

Deku Tree

ok farmed the hive for 2 hours about...

A plus xp right there

nearly done then on to titan

Did you notice: does it level up all your weapons or just the one you are using? I might do this to pump some xp into my legendaries and exotics... Seems much faster than lots of bounties...

Amen.

Unfortunately I'm starting to see more and more people using it which is terrifying as I'm usually quick to run away if they get the jump on me and I start seeing green streaks whizzing by.

Milennia

Did you notice: does it level up all your weapons or just the one you are using? I might do this to pump some xp into my legendaries and exotics... Seems much faster than lots of bounties...
not sure about weapon xp, I'm using a maxed out mythoclast to speed it up

So it works? Just kill and then let them kill you and repeat?

Lemme know if you wanna do it together later. We can chat if you got a mic.

yup just kill everything besides the knight then let him kill you repeat, i take breaks at 1k kills each time

yeah for sure I'm up for it later on my titan

LiK

Amen.

Unfortunately I'm starting to see more and more people using it which is terrifying as I'm usually quick to run away if they get the jump on me and I start seeing green streaks whizzing by.

Think of them as bosses. Taking them out is always satisfying.

Hung Wei Lo

The best way to farm XP and items in Destiny would probably be to get a fireteam of 6 people and go into rumble and have everyone run to the designated killer and die.

The matches would be over in no time, winner gets a ton of xp and losers get XP, then you just rotate the killer throughout the group after each match, rinse and repeat. You'd also get a shot at item rolls at the end of matches....

Prerequisites for this is that you'd want the nightfall buff if possible, but this is also an easy way to level an alt. Crucible bounties would be completed easily here too.

I would do this if anyone is up for it lol

I'd be up for it tonight to level my warlock, I could find 3/4 other guys probably. :)

PSN: bytestyle

*cough* me too - I'll be on around 8:30 Eastern - PSN is Kinezo

So how brutal is the Nightfall? I've never done one - deciding if I want to bother trying it tonight or not. I've heard it is easier solo?

I just hate that strike.

I need to run it on my alt. Just leveled him up yesterday. I'm down to run it tonight if you need someone. I'd like to do it around 6pm Central. I am flexible though.

SkylineRKR

Helium is the easiest of all. Relic Iron the most annoying but I just got about 60 within 30 minutes. Probably a sloppy score but not my worst.

I use Barrens and Buried City. Haven't tried Scablands yet.

LordofPwn

I said damn.

All this talk about farming makes me wish I was home grinding my Fatebringer. I was a TDYK worshipper, but since the RNG gods bestowed this beautiful weapon on me, I fell in love.

Fatebringer is so awesome. was doing 2 shots to kill 3 enemies in the raid last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom