• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

zewone

Have two level 30s looking to clear Atheon, hard or normal. PSN: zewone

Or if 4 want to join us, we can start from GK on Hard.

amar212

I I wonder why there is an alternate path to the Templar? Was it just cut content that they left in... or did they want to give us two paths? And the VoG has strange caves in hard to get to locations that are just empty...

Is there a chest in the alternate path to the Templar? Someone told me there is video evidence of one, but I haven't found this video evidence... and I assume if there was then everyone would know about it.

Yes, there is an alternate path to the Templar - it is located just below the first chest.

You have to jump in the cave below the first chest and from there there is lots of jumping around to the Templar area. It looks great and it has been obviously built with purpose.

We couldn't find any chest there, but we were there only once, on the short time.

We heard a story how the chest spawns if no Praetorians or Harpies enter the circle altars in front of the VoG entrance, but we managed to protect all altars from entering, still haven't find any chests inside.

In our opinion, it is simply a wishful thinking about the chest, but we hope to be proven otherwise.

We have also explored the additional - extra - jumping stones that appears apparently when none dies prior the entering the VoG. We jumped all around but there was no chest, despite the fact there is an point with "halo" construction on one of the floating stones that looks exactly like the "5th chest area" for preventing the Templar in teleporting.

Time will tell, but so far we know only about the 5 chest.

Jinjo

Any point keeping my 288/300 The Swarm when I've recently acquired Corrective Measure?

Could do with the Energy, and I don't see the point in having two Void legendaries?

For those that played IB last time; how realistic was obtaining gear? I have the Raid chest; the IB boots and gauntlets would be most welcome!

It was a huge timesink. I played a lot of IB that week and only made it to rank 2 (so no armor). You basicly had to play every single day for hours on end if you wanted to make it to rank 3. They should've made the progression a bit easier now though with easier bounties, the rep boost and tokens on loss (instead of no gains at all). Hopefully that makes it a bit easier for the people who have a busier life schedule. We'll have to wait and see how much rep we need though. I imagine the lv30 gear is locked away at rank 5.

Karl2177

Today was a pretty productive Destiny day for having 4 hours open. Fully upgraded my Warlock's helmet. Got a pair of Legendary engrams on the Warlock(but ended up being Energy and a Titan arm--so basically Shards). Maxed out Praedyths and upgraded Epitaph to nearly maxed. Only have 2 more upgrade nodes on my Titan's raid boots and 3 more on the Striker helmet. Also managed to replenish my stocks of Spinmetal, Helium, and Spirit Bloom.

Jinjo

u7AsdUr.jpg

It feels good to have all classes at high light levels. Got my Warlock from lv12 to lv26 (pic was from earlier today lol) this weekend. Now only to get her to lv29 so everyone is Dark Below raid ready (my Hunter can spec to lv29).

X-Frame

Has anyone tried using the Vision of Confluence in PvP with a Sunsinger in Radiance?

With Viking Funeral or whatever, any solar guns will automatically cause their targets to take DoT damage. Seems like they would pair well together.

ocean

Banned
Has anyone tried using the Vision of Confluence in PvP with a Sunsinger in Radiance?

With Viking Funeral or whatever, any solar guns will automatically cause their targets to take DoT damage. Seems like they would pair well together.
I had no idea. I will be testing this a sap!

Sullichin

Leveling TLW and Hawkmoon at the same time is taking forever. At least I have Thorn at 300 for IB.

The changes to IB seem great. I hope I get the boots/gloves quickly to go to 30 though. I wonder what advantages exactly a level 30 with a 300 weapon has against a level 29 with the same weapon.

Nodnol

It was a huge timesink. I played a lot of IB that week and only made it to rank 2 (so no armor). You basicly had to play every single day for hours on end if you wanted to make it to rank 3. They should've made the progression a bit easier now though with easier bounties, the rep boost and tokens on loss (instead of no gains at all). Hopefully that makes it a bit easier for the people who have a busier life schedule. We'll have to wait and see how much rep we need though. I imagine the lv30 gear is locked away at rank 5.

They've said rank carries over this time, yes? But next time it resets. Soooooo, you'd imagine they're going to make it somewhat easier to obtain high end gear? It shouldn't be a hand out, but shouldn't require 8 hour sessions a day to get there! I didn't play IB at all, so all I can do is play as much as possible (whilst fitting in Dragon Age!).

blazeuk

Got my Titan alt up to the same level as my main Warlock (28), it had just as much luck as my warlock doing the raid though, Atheon netted me 3 energy and chatterwhite for the 6th time. At least it's almost time for the reset before I get more shards and weapons I already have!

Jinjo

Finally got the Pocket Infinity bounty on my Warlock.

I'm still waiting for the game to give me that set of exotic bounties. I've gotten an exotic dismissive atleast 10 times now and every single time it gives me the badjuju-thorn-invective set. That's some insane (bad) luck. It's like flipping a coin 10 times and every single time it ends on tails, the chances of that are extremely low.

Deku Tree

Yes, there is an alternate path to the Templar - it is located just below the first chest.

You have to jump in the cave below the first chest and from there there is lots of jumping around to the Templar area. It looks great and it has been obviously built with purpose.

We couldn't find any chest there, but we were there only once, on the short time.

We heard a story how the chest spawns if no Praetorians or Harpies enter the circle altars in front of the VoG entrance, but we managed to protect all altars from entering, still haven't find any chests inside.

In our opinion, it is simply a wishful thinking about the chest, but we hope to be proven otherwise.

We have also explored the additional - extra - jumping stones that appears apparently when none dies prior the entering the VoG. We jumped all around but there was no chest, despite the fact there is an point with "halo" construction on one of the floating stones that looks exactly like the "5th chest area" for preventing the Templar in teleporting.

Time will tell, but so far we know only about the 5 chest.

Well the fifth secret chest has to do with beating the Templar without letting him teleport. So it would seem logical that another secret chest would have to do with Beating Atheon under a certain criteria like whatever criteria it counts on the wipe screen... Does the door to Atheon's room open after the fight is over? Maybe you have to backtrack to find it....

Frenden

Banned
They've said rank carries over this time, yes? But next time it resets. Soooooo, you'd imagine they're going to make it somewhat easier to obtain high end gear? It shouldn't be a hand out, but shouldn't require 8 hour sessions a day to get there! I didn't play IB at all, so all I can do is play as much as possible (whilst fitting in Dragon Age!).

I hit Rank 3 and it was like having a second job. If I put forty hours in, I wouldn't be surprised to hear it.

phen0m24

I'd still like to try the normal raid if anyone is planning to do it later and is okay with a first-timer. I'll just be pvping all night otherwise.

Hey Mu you should check out Hawkian's Thursday night noob raid! :)
Putting in a plug for who taught me

gatti-man

Anyone need to kill xyor the unwed? Im lvl 30 trying to get this done today. I can solo my way down but have trouble living long enough by myself to spawn him and kill him.

LiK

HAHAHA, just killed the entire team of 6 people in Control with my Nova Bomb. It was raining medals. *saved clip*

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So I haven't been following the game at all, but are they adding a way to buy upgrade materials soon? And expanding the vault size?

Or did I just dream all of that up?

Are any hard raids starting this evening, around 7 or 7:30 pm EST? Me and my buddy want to give hard a shot, one level 30 (me) and a 29, maxed weapons.

Add me on PSN - Dr_LawyerCop if you need guardians.

JayEH

IB is concerning me a bit. Well the road to get level 30 gear specifically. I didn't play any IB last time so my rank won't carry over. I've been level 29 now for a month and I'm getting frustrated. If it's going to be a a huge time sink to get the gear, I'm out. They should make this a month long event.

Frenden

Banned
IB is concerning me a bit. Well the road to get level 30 gear specifically. I didn't play any IB last time so my rank won't carry over. I've been level 29 now for a month and I'm getting frustrated. If it's going to be a a huge time sink to get the gear, I'm out. They should make this a month long event.

I'm playing with six friends this time around. it was AWFUL to get R3 with randoms.

Nodnol

I hit Rank 3 and it was like having a second job. If I put forty hours in, I wouldn't be surprised to hear it.

I wonder if 30 light gear is a random drop?

If they intend to reset the rank every time, that's asking for an insane amount of time to get anything worthwhile.

SharkJAW

Anyone going to run hard templar? I could really use the run at Fatebringer. I'm down for hard Atheon, too. I could use the chance at an exotic. PS4: SharkJAW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom