• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omfg just did Devil's Lair to get the Sepiks Prime bounty and I got a bee error seconds after he died and the bounty didn't count. Fml. -_-

Geneijin

Has anyone tried using the Vision of Confluence in PvP with a Sunsinger in Radiance?

With Viking Funeral or whatever, any solar guns will automatically cause their targets to take DoT damage. Seems like they would pair well together.
wut

I need to test this

Daemul

IB is concerning me a bit. Well the road to get level 30 gear specifically. I didn't play any IB last time so my rank won't carry over. I've been level 29 now for a month and I'm getting frustrated. If it's going to be a a huge time sink to get the gear, I'm out. They should make this a month long event.

giphy.gif

ocean

Banned
So apparently I need:

Vision of Confluence: 16 Relic Iron (last upgrade!)
Patience & Time: 80 Relic Iron
Praedyth's Revenge: 80 Relic Iron
Vex Mythoclast: 80 Relic Iron
Light/Beware: 80 Relic Iron
Found Verdict: 80 Relic Iron

The game is trying to tell me something. It really wants me to spend a long time in Mars :(

It was a huge timesink. I played a lot of IB that week and only made it to rank 2 (so no armor). You basicly had to play every single day for hours on end if you wanted to make it to rank 3. They should've made the progression a bit easier now though with easier bounties, the rep boost and tokens on loss (instead of no gains at all). Hopefully that makes it a bit easier for the people who have a busier life schedule. We'll have to wait and see how much rep we need though. I imagine the lv30 gear is locked away at rank 5.

Knowing how stingy they are with loot and people getting to level 30 it's probably require way too much playtime for busy people to get to level 5

ocean

Banned
At gatekeepers on hard raid looking for 1 more

PS4
Cosmos_Man

FR and join fireteam

Edit: 1 more needed

I got your invite btw about half an hour ago. I tried accepting but your Tower instance was full (16/16) and it wouldn't let me join. If you'd been in orbit or a less crowded Tower I'd have joined you guys! Good luck with your run.

Stillmatic

Completed the hard Raid on the weekend with a full group of 29's, we were all randoms mashed up using destinylfg.net too. It was awesome fun, the group was pretty amazing. During the Gatekeeper section I didn't realise my mic was on mute, so the team couldn't hear shit from me either lol.

Here's the Gatekeepers and Atheon parts (edited to successful runs, so only 10 mins and audio cuts out sometimes for some reason):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbEFK2vsv7g

All up I'd say the Raid of 29's was about 3 hours, so not too bad. We all had maxed primary and secondary weapons, a few of us didn't have maxed heavy (I had a maxed Machine Gun, but when using my Hezen Vengeance it was only sitting at something like 257, all perks unlocked though).

So apparently I need:

Vision of Confluence: 16 Relic Iron (last upgrade!)
Patience & Time: 80 Relic Iron
Praedyth's Revenge: 80 Relic Iron
Vex Mythoclast: 80 Relic Iron
Light/Beware: 80 Relic Iron
Found Verdict: 80 Relic Iron

The game is trying to tell me something. It really wants me to spend a long time in Mars :(

I have a great set of weapons fully upgraded, I'm waiting until their changes to material farming to do the others.

Sorry about the invite and the tower being full!

Sullichin

Did they say what they're doing to make material farming better? I see people talking about it but I didn't see it mentioned in the last two updates

Mupod

Fuck hunters. Jesus christ. Someone tell me why I'm wasting my time on a warlock when even the game only ever gives me hunter gear. I should play one just to figure out what the hell blink strike is and why they're allowed to have a one shot melee.

Seriously though does anyone in here regularly do pvp? The game is giving me the worst teams ever tonight

SharkJAW

Fuck hunters. Jesus christ. Someone tell me why I'm wasting my time on a warlock when even the game only ever gives me hunter gear. I should play one just to figure out what the hell blink strike is and why they're allowed to have a one shot melee.

Seriously though does anyone in here regularly do pvp? The game is giving me the worst teams ever tonight
There's a perk that allows it to one shot from the back. Titans get a one-hit while sprinting (shoulder charge), Warlocks kill with one melee while radiance is up.

I play PvP myself, but I try not to do it often because it's very easy to get frustrated with it.

Same reason Warlocks are probably. :p

Mupod

hahaha oh wow, whoever recommended the method of mashing all your bounty turn-ins at once, this is totally working. I've gotten 3 exotic bounties already, just got the Thorn bounty.

Time to go 23-0 in crucible. I need to add the invective to my collection

I had this come up just now too, I do use shotguns but I've really wanted Thorn for a while.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
blink strike isn't a one shot except with backstab, i'll play some pvp for an hour if you want mupod, would love to do skirmish

Master Rahool blessed me with the Shadow Price which has the Field Scout perk. Now I can run Pocket Infinity with a decent setup (Corrective Measure included).

Deku Tree

I have a great set of weapons fully upgraded, I'm waiting until their changes to material farming to do the others.

Sorry about the invite and the tower being full!

I'm in this boat too. So tired of materials farming. I hope the new economies update comes Monday or soon after. I'll pump experience into my new weapons but I'm tired of farming.

Fbh

So I finally have the rank and mark to buy weapons from the crucible vendor.

Is there any particular one that's consiered to be good? Or, on the other hand, one I should avoid?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So I finally have the rank and mark to buy weapons from the crucible vendor.

Is there any particular one that's consiered to be good? Or, on the other hand, one I should avoid?
what kind of primary weapons do you like

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. I started a Hunter because I'm tired of seeing all the overpowered kills they get. My hunter is a 16 rank now and I just went through 3 crucible matches going 20+ kills and single digit deaths. The golden gun is basically free kills like any other super in the game but you can get them from range and none of the enemies have to be nearby. It feels kind of unsatisfying but kills are kills.

Like you I just have a shit ton of Hunter gear so I figured I might as well make one. As soon as I hit level 20 I'll instantly jump to like 25 with all the gear I've accrued.

Mindlog

I can Gatekeeper Hard Raid with a 29 Hunter in about an hour or so.
So I got the thorn bounty.

I'm not that great at Crucible.

10th match and I'm at 120/500.

This sucks so much.
Yeah it can be pretty difficult.
I am a huge Thorn fan, but I only use it in PvP. If you don't like PvP then you could skip it.

My Warlock and Hunter each picked up an exotic helmet for my Titan the last few days. One was a better Headfort and the other a Helm of Inmost light.
Need some gauntlets.

WelcomeNowhere

Neo Member
My fried and I (both 29 warlocks) have an atheon HM checkpoint and are looking for some help. Any 30's out there want to give us a hand? Have the checkpoint on multiple characters so I can help with my other 2 level 30's for trade. We keep getting in groups that struggle with the relic. My psn is same as gaf, send me a message if interested.

ocean

Banned
Most ppl want all 30 teams with maxed galahorn too which doesn't help.

That's a shame because it's basically asking for players who've gotten lucky with armor and weapon drops. I think level 29 and 300 attack weapons are a reasonable requirement, but I don't think all-30s is required for a Hard run. It is undeniably very challenging if everyone's 29 though. I think a team that's half and half can get it done without too much stress.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I cleared hard last week with a group with one level 30. We were all hunters too lol Ballerhorn and lvl 30 are nice but when you usually need hard raid to get 30 it just makes things less inclusive. I've down the whole raid almost twenty times on my warlock and only got gloves and boots...last week. It's getting good team flow, along with maxed weapons and no glitches that will mean victory or not.

shem935

Banned
That's a shame because it's basically asking for players who've gotten lucky with armor and weapon drops. I think level 29 and 300 attack weapons are a reasonable requirement, but I don't think all-30s is required for a Hard run. It is undeniably very challenging if everyone's 29 though. I think a team that's half and half can get it done without too much stress.

It all depends on who is on the team. I have raided with 4 30's and struggled and this week raided with 2 30's and 4 29's and it was cake.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
My fried and I (both 29 warlocks) have an atheon HM checkpoint and are looking for some help. Any 30's out there want to give us a hand? Have the checkpoint on multiple characters so I can help with my other 2 level 30's for trade. We keep getting in groups that struggle with the relic. My psn is same as gaf, send me a message if interested.
I'm always down to raid with you man. All my chars need atheon and one gatekeeper. I can bring my titan. She's 30.

WelcomeNowhere

Neo Member
I think the only really big advantage for a level 30 is with the relic. Mostly for atheon. Often times with the groups I've played with being able to clear enemies with the relic in the portals at atheon is the make or break. So the difference of one vs two shotting the enemies can be important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom