• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiscreteCat

Neo Member
A week of nothing from the raid and nightfall across all three characters.

Help out a friend through normal mode and he gets Hawkmoon and SUROS from the same run.

RNGesus, please!

btkadams

No problem. I'll join RGAF.
Is there anything I need to do if I'm technically part of 2 groups? (Raid GAF and destinygaf NA west 4)

Do I choose one to represent? Sorry for being a knob ha. I just haven't paid attention to the clan stuff very much.

areal

Is there anything I need to do if I'm technically part of 2 groups? (Raidgaf and destinygaf NA west 4)

Do I choose one to represent? Sorry for being a knob ha. I just haven't paid attention to the clan stuff very much.
Find the group page on Bungie.net and click "Set as PlayStation Clan".

I am Guardian Lord

E8C1A1C1-FA68-4814-AC61-3B8EF9BC3653_zpssrhnuego.jpg

Congrats! I guess I'm gonna go for the platinum. Might as well at this point.

Lima

You can definitely do it with 4-5 29s who all know what they're doing but yeah it's still really tough.

There is like at least 3 hunters. Nobody is using their golden gun. I don't understand. I wouldn't have the patience for that. I would be out of there after one try. I can already tell these guys are not going to make it with that group.

btkadams

Find the group page on Bungie.net and click "Set as PlayStation Clan".

Thank you! I had no idea. They sure didn't make this easy. Why isn't it in-game? Or in the app? I've been a part of the Raid Gaf group this whole time but I guess I wasn't part of the playstation clan for it, so I had to just do the request now.

Dave_6

Anyone up for the nightfall in ~30 mins or so? I'm finishing up the latest Walking Dead and then I'll be on. PSN is DaveS78.

And then there is a dude using the fucking Suros in the raid. I can't....

What's wrong with that? Before AE dropped for me, that was my goto raid gun.

It's better than fatebringer on detain and oracles, and better than AE in supplicants. Just can't carry that and ice breaker.

BreakJohn

since i run the raid mostly with randoms from lfg you wouldn't believe how many people i see running the suros. don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with using it for everything before atheon, but for the love of god don't use that peashooter on atheon(so many dam people do this). again this is just my experience playing with randoms.

EDIT: to the guys above me asking whats wrong with the suros, the answer is nothing. but when people start using it during times vengeance on atheon instead of their secondary or heavy weapon its literally one of those face palming moments.

Deku Tree

There is like at least 3 hunters. Nobody is using their golden gun. I don't understand. I wouldn't have the patience for that. I would be out of there after one try. I can already tell these guys are not going to make it with that group.

Oh I see why some of you are asking for level 30 on the hard raid. That is painful to watch.

If it is so painful for you to watch then why keep watching it? Several of those players are hard raiding for the first time with their regular normal mode raid crew. Everybody has a hard time with Hard Atheon their first time (and maybe their first few times).

mstevens

After two weeks of 0 drops, I got Atheons Epilogue, Patience and Time, and some rocket launcher I hadn't heard of (Hazen Vengeance)

Not bad! Was a fun raid too. Thanks guys.

Lima

If you even have to ask why Suros is a bad choice in the raid then I don't know what to answer. It's so painfuly obvious why it's a bad choice especially after the patch that lowered crit damage.

Dante316

If you even have to ask why Suros is a bad choice in the raid then I don't know what to answer. It's so painfuly obvious why it's a bad choice especially after the patch that lowered crit damage.

Sometimes you just gtta give up lol, people have the raid sniper and they rather use their primary to hit atheon... the only time thats justified is when you have 0 ammo on secondary and heavy.

LiK

Used it in all my Raids In both Normal, Hard and Flawless. I don't see the issue with it. It takes down the adds just fine with the zoomed in mode. It's only weak with Oracles on Hard but I have a HMG for that.

Deku Tree

I use VoC plus icebreaker plus corrective measure on Atheon. I think it's better to use weapons with range against him. I hit him with six critical icebreakers, then switch to either VoC or CM. You can take him down close to the start of the third trip to the middle on Hard if enough people are icebreaking him.

hydruxo

Suros is completely fine in the raid against adds and oracles. Clearly there's better weapons to use but you're making it sound like Suros is worthless post-patch and that is hardly the case. I've used it in HM and it's worked for me when I've used it.

Mupod

So to do my Thorn bounty I busted out the only void secondary I had - some random fusion rifle.

And...goddamn, who cares about Thorn, fusion rifles are cheap as hell. I was fucking unstoppable. Finished the bounty in like 7 matches, would have been faster if I'd just started doing Control right away instead of doing a Rumble bounty. Was getting over 100 points each match no problem.

Anyways, I need to kill Xyor - anyone want to help?

LiK

I think the Suros is lame, but if you don't have any raid or other exotics, not many other choices.

Yep, AE didn't drop for me until I got Flawless and I didn't get VoC until last night. You use whatever works and Suros is fine. Feel free to bitch about it for PVP but for PVE? C'mon.

I've only done hard once but I'm assuming you should be using your hardest hitting weapons during times vengeance?

I have a voc, but I blow my Ballerhorn during TV, then unload praedyths revenge when I run out of rockets.

BreakJohn

my problem is with people using their primary weapon on atheon before using their icebreakers,gjallahorn,corrective measure, etc... nothing wrong with the suros for any other part of the raid. even the hard portals.

LiK

my problem is with people using their primary weapon on atheon before using their icebreakers,gjallahorn,corrective measure, etc... nothing wrong with the suros for any other part of the raid. even the hard portals.

Good solution would be to just spam grenades. They do more damage.

Alucrid

Banned
well, now i just shoot people who afk during matches and hope that their rumbling controller either makes them play or pissed them off enough to quit

Mupod

So apparently 'epic' puts shields on everything and makes them shoot nonstop. Jesus christ how the hell am I supposed to do this, let alone make it to Xyor

Mupod

well, uh hawkmoon

can ask us for help!

I did

I'm asking again then, can someone help me with Xyor?

Xyor, the Unwed is a Hive Wizard Ultra who spawns during the final battle in The Summoning Pits with the Epic modifier active. She will only spawn with the third drop ship during battle with Phogoth, the Untamed. You must kill enough enemies to get to the third drop ship, and Phogoth must be alive in order for her to spawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom