• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I finished the Thorn bounty today. I'm a little surprised by the kick. Does the stability modifier help significantly? As it stands it's really distracting and obtrusive. Not as bad as Bad Juju, but worse than Hard Light.

Yes.. It really does. You still have to time your shots (you can't just spam it) but once you've unlocked the stability and poison it's a fantastic weapon.
Would still like a reload speed buff though.

SkylineRKR

And you wont, both Corrective Measure (machinegun) and Hezen Vengeance (rocket launcher) are really really good weapons.

I maxed both and do not regret. I do slightly prefer Truth over Hezen, but Hezen is Legendary. 3 shots as well, though slow ROF. No Tracking but if it had it would've been a bit too much.

CM is just an all out killing machine, for both PvE and PvP.

ocean

Banned
I maxed both and do not regret. I do slightly prefer Truth over Hezen, but Hezen is Legendary. 3 shots as well, though slow ROF. No Tracking but if it had it would've been a bit too much.

CM is just an all out killing machine, for both PvE and PvP.

Truth is a little better maybe but I find it hard to give it Exotic slot in PvE. HV being Legendary is a great plus.

YES FLAWLESS YES YES YES YES ONE TRY

BIG thanks to Drizzay, Kopyasu, Computer, Ashley and PikaPuff. Especially Drizzay and Kopy for taking the time to do the Flawless again. Thanks again!

areal

YES FLAWLESS YES YES YES YES ONE TRY

BIG thanks to Drizzay, Kopyasu, Computer, Ashley and PikaPuff. Especially Drizzay and Kopy for taking the time to do the Flawless again. Thanks again!
Congratulations guys. That was my second flawless run also. I was just trying to stay out of the way and let you all enjoy the moment. Heh.

It really feels good that I'm becoming reliable at this.

Congratulations guys. That was my second flawless run also. I was just trying to stay out of the way and let you all enjoy the moment. Heh.

It really feels good that I'm becoming reliable at this.

Oh, yeah thanks to you too. Still in shock, expecting the trophy to disappear or something D:

LiK

TLW made me appreciate using HCs. I still haven't gotten Perfect Balance but I'm already doing well with it in Crucible. I'm not doing as well as using ARs or Scouts but my K/D has been getting better. Once I get the final perk, it'll be even more fun.

Edit: congrats on flawless. Best feeling.

Flawless #4 has arrived safely at its destination, but the train rolls on. chuga-chuga... I know there are still some gaffers out there who still need it (afaik) like Kartik, WarWolf, Greeny, Uff_duh, Subtervotion, TearsofBlood,
Hawkian

...is all you need. :) Everyone played great, congrats to all the new flawless raiders!

The Timepiece (Arc Pulse Rifle) and Praetorian's Foil (along with Fatebringer and Vex Mythoclast) are Hard mode only.

Haha yeah those are the only two I don't have so I wasn't sure.

Edit: congrats on flawless. Best feeling.

I'm still chasing that first high. Gotta catch the dragon, haha.

That run felt much smoother than the previous flawless run. A few rounds of no guardians being teleported and then back to the regular schedule. Nobody had to run the relic out of the gate.

Yeah, that was the 2nd best luck I've seen on Atheon teleports, out of who knows how many glitched flawless fights.

areal

That run felt much smoother than the previous flawless run. A few rounds of no guardians being teleported and then back to the regular schedule. Nobody had to run the relic out of the gate.

g2mWFYU.gif

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Flawless #4 has arrived safely at its destination, but the train rolls on. chuga-chuga... I know there are still some gaffers out there who still need it (afaik) like Kartik, WarWolf, Greeny, Uff_duh, Subtervotion, TearsofBlood,
Hawkian
Yeah, still need flawless. So depressing haha. i fucking hate Bungie for all the glitches.

Hawkian

Yeah I still need it, but I don't feel confident enough yet.

ocean

Banned
Hawkian

It's great that you're helping out different teams get Flawless! Next reset I will run Normal/Hard on my two players. Once through with those as practice I will brave a Flawless attempt.

Hawkian

Yup. Know how hard it is getting a dedicated team ready for that trophy. Now that I got it. I'd definitely help people through it as well.

Steroyd

Well then, Mr Rahool seems to want to randomly be nice to me yesterday.

First he gives me Lord High Fixer, so now the only handcannon I want in existance is the hawkmoon.

Then i get some shader called God Of War, aaawwww yiss.

And then I find out it's colour co-ordinated with my Timebreaker. ^_^

...then I equip an exotic and the shader doesn't apply, goddamnit.

Thank you Rahool, you may have not given me enough strange coins to get that Alpha Lupi for my hunter (no, I'm not bitter at all), but it's nice to know you still throw a bone when you seemingly have nothing to give me anymore.

Hawkian

...is all you need. :) Everyone played great, congrats to all the new flawless raiders!

Haha yeah those are the only two I don't have so I wasn't sure.

I'm still chasing that first high. Gotta catch the dragon, haha.

Yeah, that was the 2nd best luck I've seen on Atheon teleports, out of who knows how many glitched flawless fights.

Mr Drizzay, I too would like to join the list of gaffers looking for flawless. I'm just scared to do it :(

Don't be. Just do it with cool patient people and not assholes who get pissed if something goes wrong. You'll find plenty of the former here :D

Yeah, my main issue is with myself. I know I'll probably crack. I know I can easily do it, but I'm sure I'll screw up. If it's just for me, it wouldn't have been bad....

Any yeah, GAF is generally pretty good for that. Avoid LFG in general. Had a bad experience there

I don't understand why people are so bad at skirmish. It's like no one understands very very basic teamwork.

"Stick together, and you might survive"

*some clown immediately runs off on his own and dies 15 seconds into the match.

I can't facepalm hard enough.

And one thing that drives me absolutely fucking insane is when people don't wait for teammates to pick up heavy ammo.

MrMuscle

Vaderno.gif

I still need to powerlevel and material grind some of my exotics for Iron Banner. :(

They always pick the best fucking times to do this shit. Sure, let's deliberately take a time when most of the world is at home and wants to play videogames. I can't even.

Idiots.

Yeah i got 2 Oracles HM checkpoints that i was hoping to get done tonight. BUT looks like they will be wasted.

Zakalwe

Banned
Has anyone worked out how combat rating is calculated?

I almost always play the same way, yet it seems to fluctuate /a lot/ (lows of 110, highs of 170).

Jinjo

Yeah i got 2 Oracles HM checkpoints that i was hoping to get done tonight. BUT looks like they will be wasted.

I would have joined you. I was hoping to still run hard mode this week, only beat Atheon so far. Now I'm missing out on a double Fatebringer roll because of this shit. Watch them patch Templar on thuesday too.

Fuck you Sony.

Rixa

I think if youre logged PSN before maintenance starts you can still continue to play online. Atleast this has been the case earlier.

Still I dont get it. Why on earth they cant do maintenance from monday morning. Stupid decidions (again) from PS EU.

Yeah, still need flawless. So depressing haha. i fucking hate Bungie for all the glitches.

I know, I feel bad for you because you were running with us as far back as pre-patch. If only we had gotten enough people running it a few days sooner...

Yeah I still need it, but I don't feel confident enough yet.

It's great that you're helping out different teams get Flawless! Next reset I will run Normal/Hard on my two players. Once through with those as practice I will brave a Flawless attempt.

Any experienced Lv28 raider could do it pretty easily at this point I think. My biggest advice for lowering stress is to learn the jump spiral. I've seen more runs die there than to glitches, and there are a lot of glitches.

Yup. Know how hard it is getting a dedicated team ready for that trophy. Now that I got it. I'd definitely help people through it as well.

Yeah, spread the love. Gotta get that percentage up to 0.2%!

Mr Drizzay, I too would like to join the list of gaffers looking for flawless. I'm just scared to do it :(

Don't fear the flawless! If you can kill hard Atheon in 1:48, you can do this silly trophy. As always, I'll help with any group that needs a 6th.

Oh, grats on the flawless!

I love how we've stuck the finger up to Bungie's broken raid.

Haha most definitely. I had some life stuff come up yesterday but it didn't seem like we ever had enough for Atheon kill anyway. I'll be around some today so we can see if anyone's up for it.

Yeah, my main issue is with myself. I know I'll probably crack. I know I can easily do it, but I'm sure I'll screw up. If it's just for me, it wouldn't have been bad....

Any yeah, GAF is generally pretty good for that. Avoid LFG in general. Had a bad experience there

I'd recommend getting a checkpoint at the platforming section and keep practicing that. As long as you're a confident jumper you won't have to worry about anything else, besides the Atheon glitches and there are plenty of sound strategies to get around them.

LiK

LFG sucks. Most guys just want easy games to get loot. Doubt they give a crap about Flawless or making friends which is why they're there anyway. I hate to generalize but my first raid group used them and we got nothing but assholes who dropped after a few minutes cuz we were learning at the time. They didn't even attempt to give any advice.

Oh, grats on the flawless!

I love how we've stuck the finger up to Bungie's broken raid.

Guys, guys...if we keep on beating flawless with the bugs and glitches, Bungie may not fix them.

If they do, I'd expect a special shader or emblem for everyone who beat it with the glitches. Do it Bungie!

I'd recommend getting a checkpoint at the platforming section and keep practicing that. As long as you're a confident jumper you won't have to worry about anything else, besides the Atheon glitches and there are plenty of sound strategies to get around them.

I think I'm gonna try to run the normal raid tomorrow with my friends. Try to make it flawless but if we fail, we make each bit like a practice run. Probs only gonna try with GAFfers and anyone I know personally.

LFG sucks. Most guys just want easy games to get loot. Doubt they give a crap about Flawless or making friends which is why they're there anyway. I hate to generalize but my first raid group used them and we got nothing but assholes who dropped after a few minutes cuz we were learning at the time. They didn't even attempt to give any advice.

Ugh had this who just kept talking and talking. It wasn't even helpful advice. Half the time he sounded like he didn't know anything, and half the time he kept giving us orders/ criticising us. So fucking annoying. I was pretty close to just quitting that time.

Locks have got it so easy at the jumping section. Titans too.

Just jump away from the walls as if you're gonna fall and then glide back in :)

Steroyd

Grinding for level 3 rep for vanguard and crucible on alts is tedious as fuck.

At least give us a rep boost % modifer or something on our alts :/

Vanguard isn't so bad, it comes naturally especially if you can get occasional help with the nightfalls and weeklies, add the dailies and bounties and it racks up quickly.

Crucible though, needs a shot up the arm with things like Iron Banner more often, only got my hunter to level 2 crucible a few days ago. -_-

ocean

Banned
Looking through the Grimoire cards, I really think it's sad Bungie went through the trouble of writing all this fantastic lore and basically hid it from players. I mean take a look at this bit explaining part of the history behind The Last Word (taken from Grimoire Card "Ghost Fragment: The Dark Age 2"):

Loken's men found Jaren Ward in the courtyard where this had all began.

Nine guns trained on him. Nine cold hearts awaiting the order. Magistrate Loken, standing behind them, looked pleased with himself.

Jaren Ward stood in silence. His Ghost peeked out over his shoulder.

Loken took in the crowd before stepping forward, as if to claim the ground - his ground. "You question me?" There was venom in his words. "This is not your home."

I remember Loken's gestures here. Making a show of it all.

Everyone else was still. Quiet.

I tugged at my father's sleeve, but he just tightened his grip on my shoulder to the point pain. His way of letting me know that this was not the time.

I'd watched Jaren's every move over the past months, mapping his effortless gestures and slight, earned mannerisms. I'd never seen anything like him. He was something I couldn't comprehend, and yet I felt I understood all I needed the moment I'd seen him. He was more than us. Not better. Not superior. Just more.

I wanted father to stop what was happening. Looking back now, I realize that he didn't want to stop it. No one did.

As Loken belittled Jaren Ward, taunted him, enumerated his crimes and sins, my eyes were stuck on Jaren's pistol, fixed to his hip. His steady hand resting calmly on his belt.

I remembered the pistol's weight. Effortless. And my concern faded. I understood.

"This is our town! My town!" Loken was shouting now. He was going to make a show of Jaren - teach the people of Palamon a lesson in obedience.

Jaren spoke: clear, calm. "Not anymore."

Loken laughed dismissively. He had nine guns on his side. "Those gonna be your last words then, boy?"

The movement was a flash: quick as chain lightning. Jaren Ward spoke as he moved. "Yours. Not mine."

Smoke trailed from Jaren's revolver.

Loken hit the ground. A dark hole in his forehead. Eyes staring into eternity.

Jaren stared down the nine guns trained on him. One by one, they lowered their aim. And the rest of my life began - where, in a few short years, so many others would be ended. - See more at: http://destiny-grimoire.info/#Card-403080

I would pay gladly for DLC that let me play these moments.

Frenden

Banned
I'm at least a level 3 in all vendors except Dead Orbit. The rep grind (and needing to farm mats to upgrade armor) is what keeps me from playing my alts much. They almost have the armor to reach 28/29, but I don't want to level FWC to get the gauntlets I need, Vanguard for the helm, Crucible for the...

Looking through the Grimoire cards, I really think it's sad Bungie went through the trouble of writing all this fantastic lore and basically hid it from players. I mean take a look at this bit explaining part of the history behind The Last Word (taken from Grimoire Card "Ghost Fragment: The Dark Age 2"):

I would pay gladly for DLC that let me play these moments.

Oh damn... That was glorious... The line on the gun, totally makes sense now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom