• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh, they can't even make it to Templar fight? First phase is nothing on Normal.

Yeah I know, I've completed hard raids in about an hour with some of those guys, so they know their stuff. I'm just putting it up to a collective brainfart/tension.
We had to wipe 2 times because of people dieing during the jumping part near the Templar. Laughs were had (tears might have been involved as well).

LiK

Yeah I know, I've completed hard raids in about an hour with some of those guys, so they know their stuff. I'm just putting it up to a collective brainfart/tension.
We had to wipe 2 times because of people dieing during the jumping part near the Templar. Laughs were had (tears might have been involved as well).

Haha, the pressure is definitely high. But if even that part wrecks them, the actual platforming part is gonna scare the shit outta them.

Deku Tree

I'm gonna play more Crucible tonight. I kinda wanna level up VoC to get the full auto cuz rate of fire seems slow when I do it manually compared to Mida. I also want to upgrade TLW to get Perfect Balance and see the difference.

VoC Rate of fire is slow compared to MIDA even with full auto. The MIDA with hair trigger has a ridiculously fast rate of fire.

Don't see the point of sparrow cooldowns, why even bother when I can overcharge my Timebreaker, have it explode and still immediately summon another but when my sparrow gets destroyed by firing it has to go through a cooldown :S

LiK

VoC Rate of fire is slow compared to MIDA even with full auto. The MIDA with hair trigger has a ridiculously fast rate of fire.

Very true. Hair Trigger is awesome. Gonna def see how much I like Full Auto on VoC as well.

3-4 hours? Took me 35 minutes to find what I needed for that trophy. Then again, I already had found 27 while on missions so the last 23 didn't take long.

Yea, I didn't really find a lot. I think I only had a dozen on me already. What a chore.

Haven't played Destiny in two weeks.

I'm starting to miss it actually.

Say what you want about the game but what I have been playing instead online wise has been a bloody let down

AC Unity
COD AW
HALO MCC

All of them have horrible lag, matchmaking or joining party issues....

Destiny maybe boring story wise, and content wise very lacking.

But it's laid on absolutely diamond levels of foundation, everything in that game has 99% of the time worked flawlessly for me.

you haven't experienced the whole zoo list of errors and the constant hitdetection delay in PvP matches? :D What kind of imaginary version of Destiny have you been playing!

Deku Tree

Very true. Hair Trigger is awesome. Gonna def see how much I like Full Auto on VoC as well.

Yea, I didn't really find a lot. I think I only had a dozen on me already. What a chore.

How can you determine how many ghosts you've already found? Is there a good guide to finding all the ghosts somewhere?

spyder_ur

Couple days ago someone posted a site that listed how much XP you needed for upgrades. Anyone have that site? Similar to DestinyTracker but the layout was nice.

Zakalwe

Banned
Mine has fluctuated between 120-150 and I have no idea what causes it. Is it even good?

It'd probably be better if I just stopped playing with randoms. -_-

It must be to do with capturing points, reviving, earning medals, etc... I don't really see a pattern though, I can be playing in too from capturing points, topping the board, and doing everything possible to help my team and it can still drop.

*shrugs*

Looking through the Grimoire cards, I really think it's sad Bungie went through the trouble of writing all this fantastic lore and basically hid it from players. I mean take a look at this bit explaining part of the history behind The Last Word (taken from Grimoire Card "Ghost Fragment: The Dark Age 2"):

I would pay gladly for DLC that let me play these moments.

Cool stuff. Such a wasted opportunity. The last part of an exotic bounties should be playing these story scenes where you get to use the exotic weapon. Hell, just make it every time you get an exotic weapon it unlocks one of these missions/stories you get to play where it is just about the exotic weapon. It would make it so much more interesting.

Acrylic7

Got another fucking exotic bounty so now I have 2 slots in my bounty bank occupied. -_-

So should I get Ivective, Bad Jujju, or Thorn?

It must be to do with capturing points, reviving, earning medals, etc... I don't really see a pattern though, I can be playing in too from capturing points, topping the board, and doing everything possible to help my team and it can still drop.

*shrugs*

My medal score is over 500,000. I don't know what else I'm expected to do lol.

noomi

Guys, I know it's still a bit early still but I'd like to set up a HM Raid for tomorrow after the reset. Will Take 2 level 29's and 3 level 30's. Please have experience and decent if not maxed weapons :) Would love to get through it fairly quickly.

If you are interested quote this post and please leave your PSN, class, and level. I will send friend requests later today.

Where: VoG Hard Mode
When: Tuesday November 18th
Time: 1PM EST | 12PM CST | 10AM PST | 6PM GMT

1. noomi85 - hunter - level 30

Deku Tree

Flawless #4 has arrived safely at its destination, but the train rolls on. chuga-chuga... I know there are still some gaffers out there who still need it (afaik) like Kartik, WarWolf, Greeny, Uff_duh, Subtervotion, TearsofBlood,
Hawkian

...is all you need. :) Everyone played great, congrats to all the new flawless raiders!

Haha yeah those are the only two I don't have so I wasn't sure.

I'm still chasing that first high. Gotta catch the dragon, haha.

Yeah, that was the 2nd best luck I've seen on Atheon teleports, out of who knows how many glitched flawless fights.

I'm ready to start going for a flawless with my 30 warlock.

Guys, I know it's still a bit early still but I'd like to set up a HM Raid for tomorrow after the reset. Will Take 2 level 29's and 3 level 30's. Please have experience and decent if not maxed weapons :) Would love to get through it fairly quickly.

If you are interested quote this post and please leave your PSN, class, and level. I will send friend requests later today.

I think the PSN maintenance will happen during then or very soon to those times.

ocean

Banned

I'm down. I am a level 30 Defender. Maxed Atheon's Epilogue, Vision of Confluence and Ice Breaker. Partially upgraded Praedyth's Revenge, Truth, Hezen Vengeance and Corrective Measure.

a_javierp on PSN.

LiK

I know your pain, I was lucky enough that a friend of mine seemingly memorized most of the spots and called them out as we went along, it'd take ages to look them all up yourself. Not to discourage you or anything, good luck hunting!

I was following both a text/photo guide and video guide. Quite a pain to keep checking back and forth. Particularly annoying when these guides include locations of the glitched ones that don't show up.

Two Words

Haven't played Destiny in two weeks.

I'm starting to miss it actually.

Say what you want about the game but what I have been playing instead online wise has been a bloody let down

AC Unity
COD AW
HALO MCC

All of them have horrible lag, matchmaking or joining party issues....

Destiny maybe boring story wise, and content wise very lacking.

But it's laid on absolutely diamond levels of foundation, everything in that game has 99% of the time worked flawlessly for me.

You're lucky. When I was playing it, I would disconnect about once an hour.

GutZ31

Vision of Confluence has a pretty slow fire rate, and compared to the MIDA, its horribly slow.
That being said, VoC is still my main 70% of the time, as using an elemental for main outweighs the negatives.
Impact is also greater on the VoC.
The only problem I see with VoC is that it sometimes does not continue its auto fire while holding the trigger, making you repress, or fire manually at times.
The full auto fail is not a deal breaker, as it still fires semi auto just fine, its just an annoyance.

Pradyths Timepiece is pretty much garbage in my eyes if you have VoC, but it is Arc, so you can always look forward to nightfalls with it.

Fatebringer... This gun made me stop leveling hawkmoon, and I dont even care. It is a fantastic Arc hand cannon, and gets full marks in my book.

Hezen Vengeance is a great Solar rocket launcher, but not having lock on makes it second best in my heavy set, only to Gjallarhorn.

Pradyths Revenge is a fantastic all around Void sniper rifle for both PVP, and PVE, but loses to The Supremacy in terms of damage dealt, and in my case, mag size.

Corrective Measures is a solid Void heavy machine gun, but currently I use Devient Gravity-A, as it has more impact, and better stats all around, but mine is unique, and the sold one is not nearly as good.

Atheons Epilogue is an... interesting auto rifle.
Not exactly good, but not bad at all. Its main saving grace is that it is a void primary, and has a shi-ton of bullets.
Unlocking Perfect Balance is a must for this gun to be acceptable.

Pretorian Foil, do not have, but it is a Fusion rifle with stats comparable to Light/Beware, only better, and Solar damage.

Vex Mythoclast is Solar, primary Fusion/Auto Rifle. This gun is the Trophy for beating Atheon on hard, and is a great gun to have for many reasons.
One of the benefits of owning this gun is being able to use it to do the bounty for killing 2 enemies at once with a fusion rifle, as long as you hold the trigger down, it pretty much counts as one shot from a fusion rifle.
Damage is pretty good, so it is a very viable gun in all modes, but it has a terrible ammo deficit.

Dave_6

I had a great weekend with this game. Along with finally completing the Raid on Thursday, I finally got the Last Word on Friday. Played it Saturday after work and finally got the crucible part of the Thorn bounty done along with finishing up the Bad Juju bounty 100%. Thanks to a couple of GAFers, the Thorn bounty got completed yesterday then I had a legendary engram drop while farming that decrypted into the Universal Remote!

Still haven't got the Nightfall done though...

Edit: I checked and I got the Hawkmoon on September 15th! I can't believe I've had that gun for so long.

ocean

Banned
Got another fucking exotic bounty so now I have 2 slots in my bounty bank occupied. -_-

So should I get Ivective, Bad Jujju, or Thorn?
If you're a HC user in PvP Thorn is amazing once you get its unique perk. Otherwise I'd say Invective since it's an amazing Crucible weapon that doesn't involve a learning curve.

Rixa

I think the PSN maintenance will happen during then or very soon to those times.

You can play if youre logged to PSN before maintenance starts.
From UK PS pages

UK PS said:
PlayStation Network is offline for scheduled maintenance from 17:00 on Monday 17 November 2014 until 23:00 GMT.

Online gameplay - however, you may still play online if you are already signed into your SEN account via the relevant device before the maintenance begins.

KJRage

I noticed after picking up the reward from the daily public event that I got some xp for my weapons and such. Is the xp only from the reward after you pick it up, or just for completing the event?

I need to level up some weapons and once I finish all my bounties I have no other way of getting xp for them. If I can get xp for each event I complete I could try finding lots of event, but I didn't know if it was just as a daily reward or if I could farm events for xp.

ocean

Banned
I noticed after picking up the reward from the daily public event that I got some xp for my weapons and such. Is the xp only from the reward after you pick it up, or just for completing the event?

I need to level up some weapons and once I finish all my bounties I have no other way of getting xp for them. If I can get xp for each event I complete I could try finding lots of event, but I didn't know if it was just as a daily reward or if I could farm events for xp.
You get 5,000 XP upon picking up the reward package from the first PE you do each day.

realcZk

I'm gonna play more Crucible tonight. I kinda wanna level up VoC to get the full auto cuz rate of fire seems slow when I do it manually compared to Mida. I also want to upgrade TLW to get Perfect Balance and see the difference.

VoC is great in crucible, I like it better than the MIDA with PB. TLW with PB is insanely good, but its still not my Thorn <3

Namikaze1

I used videos for the ghosts. It helps a lot if you have good memory and can remember the spots you already got ghosts from. From Old Russia, I was missing just six and I got those in under 5 minutes. Same with the Moon. Venus on the other hand, I was missing about 10 and with those, I got the trophy. Still haven't found all of them cause I have a few from the DLC zones.

noomi

I'm down. I am a level 30 Defender. Maxed Atheon's Epilogue, Vision of Confluence and Ice Breaker. Partially upgraded Praedyth's Revenge, Truth, Hezen Vengeance and Corrective Measure.

a_javierp on PSN.

Bah! He's right, maintenance from 12- 6PM EST. Sorry guys, didn't even realize.... :(

Rubenov

I'm in. Rubenov25, Warlock. 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom