• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steroyd

Locks have got it so easy at the jumping section. Titans too.

Just jump away from the walls as if you're gonna fall and then glide back in :)

I think warlocks have it the worst, just by the little thin ledge part alone, Titans and Hunters can "bail out" as they're falling, warlocks can only fall faster.

Plus with that thin bump part there are small miniscule areas that can screw you up, from hitting the ceiling as you're trying to jump away, a tiny crack in floor that you can fall through if you move too cautiously and another crack in the ceiling that can push you too far out to recover from, I'd like to say I've seen it all, but under pressure people find new intricate ways to mess up on that part.

LiK

I think warlocks have it the worst, just by the little thin ledge part alone, Titans and Hunters can "bail out" as they're falling, warlocks can only fall faster.

Plus with that thin bump part there are small miniscule areas that can screw you up, from hitting the ceiling as you're trying to jump away, a tiny crack in floor that you can fall through if you move too cautiously and another crack in the ceiling that can push you too far out to recover from, I'd like to say I've seen it all, but under pressure people find new intricate ways to mess up on that part.

Fun story. Did my first raid as a Warlock over the weekend and I made it through no problem first try. I basically jumped to the lowest ledge in the right and just glided Titan-style to the ledge. Too easy.

ocean

Banned
Oh damn... That was glorious... The line on the gun, totally makes sense now.
The lore behind Rose/Thorn and The Last Word is astonishing. There's little details that make it worth speculating. D. Yor became corrupted and along the way his Rose Hand Cannon became infused with dark Hive power. You get Thorn by killing Xyor the Unwed. Did Xyor grant Yor this corrupting power? Who the hell knows. So much potential here and it's wasted on cards you can't even read in-game.

ocean

Banned
Fun story. Did my first raid as a Warlock over the weekend and I made it through no problem first try. I basically jumped to the lowest ledge in the right and just glided Titan-style to the ledge. Too easy.
In my experience reaching the ledge is really easy on a Warlock. It's the ledge that can be tricky since you can't re-boost upwards after initiating a jump on a Warlock.

Just need the titan trophy and dead ghost trophy now. If anyone want to do some tiger strike add me. Trying to grind with my Titan a little bit

Random note it's snowing here in Ohio -_-

LiK

In my experience reaching the ledge is really easy on a Warlock. It's the ledge that can be tricky since you can't re-boost upwards after initiating a jump on a Warlock.

Oh, the lil bump? Didn't think of that. I did it the same as way using the Control jump with Titan. It was pretty simple. They're both pretty similar.

I haven't tried Raid with Hunter so that'll be interesting to see if I can do it first try.

SkylineRKR

Vanguard isn't so bad, it comes naturally especially if you can get occasional help with the nightfalls and weeklies, add the dailies and bounties and it racks up quickly.

Crucible though, needs a shot up the arm with things like Iron Banner more often, only got my hunter to level 2 crucible a few days ago. -_-

Its unbalanced. I have 2 days worth of Crucible and 4 days worth of PvE. But my Vanguard is at level 13 or so. And Crucible only past 3. Crucible Bounties take much longer, and nothing else gives crucible rep.

now that I've reached Level 30, I really don't have anything else better to do in-game except try to upgrade all the legendary/exotic weapons that I have (which is a lot >.<). No real desire to try the Titan and Warlock class. Guess I can finally take a break until the new content comes out. But I will play for one more week, just to experience being a Level 30

Just need the titan trophy and dead ghost trophy now. If anyone want to do some tiger strike add me. Trying to grind with my Titan a little bit

Random note it's snowing here in Ohio -_-

I'll be on in like half an hour if you're still doing it.

Just need to make a Titan, probably after I finish the activities with my alt Warlock one more time before deleting it and then I shall join as a Guardian Lord.

ocean

Banned
This may sound like a silly question but does unequipped armor get like a residual XP share or something? Looking over my weapons there's a few I don't believe I've ever used with partially leveled bubbles.

noomi

Finally got my Mythoclast last night after many failed pugs...many... many failed pugs....

I really like it, it seems very strong in PvE and pretty damn good in PvP. Must have been completely insane before the nerf.... and now they said they are going to buff it back up a bit? Good gawd!

Well, now to find the elusive Gjallahorn and Hawkmoon and my destiny arsenal will be complete :D

Kydd BlaZe

Looking through the Grimoire cards, I really think it's sad Bungie went through the trouble of writing all this fantastic lore and basically hid it from players. I mean take a look at this bit explaining part of the history behind The Last Word (taken from Grimoire Card "Ghost Fragment: The Dark Age 2"):

I would pay gladly for DLC that let me play these moments.
"9 guns trained on him"

The Last Word only has 8 bullets in the clip though.

ocean

Banned
Finally got my Mythoclast last night after many failed pugs...many... many failed pugs....

I really like it, it seems very strong in PvE and pretty damn good in PvP. Must have been completely insane before the nerf.... and now they said they are going to buff it back up a bit? Good gawd!

Well, now to find the elusive Gjallahorn and Hawkmoon and my destiny arsenal will be complete :D
Not my favorite gun for PvE but once you get the ammo upgrade (which nearly triples clip capacity) and Crowd Control it's borderline OP in the Crucible. If, as rumored, it gets bumped to 320 attack it'll be an interesting PvE option for sure.

My only gripe with this otherwise amazing weapon is that I seem to get few primary ammo drops when using it. I don't think it's in my head. It's the only primary weapon I ever run out of ammo with. the clip size is more than adequate, specially with the perk that increases it. It's total ammo capacity I find lacking.

Pickman

Well, I've got about 25 matches in the Crucible in and I've reached 251/500 for the Thorn bounty. My eyes hurt this morning, so I think I might take a break from screens tonight.

Worst thing is, I'm terrible with handcannons. I just already had the other two exotics offered.

noomi

Not my favorite gun for PvE but once you get the ammo upgrade (which nearly triples clip capacity) and Crowd Control it's borderline OP in the Crucible. If, as rumored, it gets bumped to 320 attack it'll be an interesting PvE option for sure.

My only gripe with this otherwise amazing weapon is that I seem to get few primary ammo drops when using it. I don't think it's in my head. It's the only primary weapon I ever run out of ammo with. the clip size is more than adequate, specially with the perk that increases it. It's total ammo capacity I find lacking.

I didn't even realize that the attacked power was at 320 pre-nerf... that would have made it the only weapon in the game with that attack power, no?

I have to agree about the ammo however, I find myself always running low as well, I think that's probably due to how quickly it fires.

ocean

Banned
I didn't even realize that the attacked power was at 320 pre-nerf... that would have made it the only weapon in the game with that attack power, no?

I have to agree about the ammo however, I find myself always running low as well, I think that's probably due to how quickly it fires.
It was 300 before, but base damage was nearly halved. Patch notes said damage was reduced by 34% but some reddit threads chewed through number comparisons before and after and it seems the nerf was closer to 50% in terms of base damage.

TP-DK

Anyone up for a hard raid before psn maintenance? I got a Gatekeeper checkpoint that I'd like to clear before the reset.

We can go as soon as we got a full team, lvl 30 players are preffered but a few 29s will be alright.

1. Redman_DK (30 warlock)

Has anyone worked out how combat rating is calculated?

I almost always play the same way, yet it seems to fluctuate /a lot/ (lows of 110, highs of 170).

Mine has fluctuated between 120-150 and I have no idea what causes it. Is it even good?

It'd probably be better if I just stopped playing with randoms. -_-

I saw people talking about the maintenance in here, aren't you supposed to still be able to log in during maintenance hours if you logged in anytime after 13 Nov. previously? That's what I read anyway.

And Boguester, thanks for the help in the weekend, I've never seen so much facepalming fails in one raid, but hopefully we'll fare better when the team is actually focused.

Deku Tree

Right after I post this I am going to turn on my PS4, and go to the tower, and then do the Daily 28. If anyone wants to do it do then just jump in.

PS4 DekuBleep

Those 3-4 hours were mind numbing even while listening to a podcast, lol

It's much better if you have someone to do it with. Todd and I decided to get it over with since we had nothing better to do. :p

Didn't actually expect it to take so long, but some of them are really spread out or require you to do missions if you haven't already got them.

GutZ31

I saw people talking about the maintenance in here, aren't you supposed to still be able to log in during maintenance hours if you logged in anytime after 13 Nov. previously? That's what I read anyway.

And Boguester, thanks for the help in the weekend, I've never seen so much facepalming fails in one raid, but hopefully we'll fare better when the team is actually focused.

Unfortunately, the raid seems to be riddled with problems ever since they "fixed" atheon's teleport, and the oracles fase.

If everything goes smoothly, with no bugs/glitches, the last 2 parts of the raid should be the only real challenge, and that is only because of planning, and execution not always being possible.

Is there a benefit to having Hammer Forged instead? It sounds like it should have increased impact, which could be more useful. I definitely noticed an improvement anyway and I haven't unlocked Send It yet.

No, there's no boost to impact for Hammer Forged. Only just more green at the end of the bar when choosing Send It.

Aggressive Ballistics and Send It is what I use. Perfect combo for it.

LiK

It's much better if you have someone to do it with. Todd and I decided to get it over with since we had nothing better to do. :p

Didn't actually expect it to take so long, but some of them are really spread out or require you to do missions if you haven't already got them.

Yea, it was sooo boring doing solo. But I didn't feel like asking anyone since I wasn't sure how long I was gonna do it. Turned out I did it in one session. Got to 50 and I stopped immediately. Got a few extras when I was playing with someone in a mission and they showed us a few Ghosts in Black Garden. Tricky jumps.

Unfortunately, the raid seems to be riddled with problems ever since they "fixed" atheon's teleport, and the oracles fase.

If everything goes smoothly, with no bugs/glitches, the last 2 parts of the raid should be the only real challenge, and that is only because of planning, and execution not always being possible.
Definitely, I'm not looking forward to all the crazy glitches.

But you know, when you restart 4 times because your team can't even safely make it to the templar fight, then you might as well take your loss and call it a day (not exaggerating, unfortunately).

LiK

Definitely, I'm not looking forward to all the crazy glitches.

But you know, when you restart 4 times because your team can't even safely make it to the templar fight, then you might as well take your loss and call it a day (not exaggerating, unfortunately).

Huh, they can't even make it to Templar fight? First phase is nothing on Normal.

Skele7on

Banned
Haven't played Destiny in two weeks.

I'm starting to miss it actually.

Say what you want about the game but what I have been playing instead online wise has been a bloody let down

AC Unity
COD AW
HALO MCC

All of them have horrible lag, matchmaking or joining party issues....

Destiny maybe boring story wise, and content wise very lacking.

But it's laid on absolutely diamond levels of foundation, everything in that game has 99% of the time worked flawlessly for me.

RNGesus is real.

After what felt like millions of raids on all 3 of my characters that are stuck at 29. I finally got the boots yesterday from the Templar. Thank the old Gods and the new.

With the plethora of games out right now and the fact that I have every weapon that I want, my Destiny play time will probably be reduced to running the Hard raid with my level 30 Titan once a week, and the regular raid with my level 29 Warlock to try and get him his boots. My level 29 Hunter is getting the shaft.

LiK

I'm gonna play more Crucible tonight. I kinda wanna level up VoC to get the full auto cuz rate of fire seems slow when I do it manually compared to Mida. I also want to upgrade TLW to get Perfect Balance and see the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom