• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinjo

So what exotic shall I level on my new Warlock?

MIDA Multitool, Vex Mythoclast or The Last Word? I play PvE most of all.

I will level a second VoC and Gjallarhorn on her wheb turning in bounties though.

I was following both a text/photo guide and video guide. Quite a pain to keep checking back and forth. Particularly annoying when these guides include locations of the glitched ones that don't show up.
Exactly, another item on the long list of things to fix.

They could have at least included some kind of 'treasure map' with hints/general pointers to locations of ghosts.

Rubenov

I noticed after picking up the reward from the daily public event that I got some xp for my weapons and such. Is the xp only from the reward after you pick it up, or just for completing the event?

I need to level up some weapons and once I finish all my bounties I have no other way of getting xp for them. If I can get xp for each event I complete I could try finding lots of event, but I didn't know if it was just as a daily reward or if I could farm events for xp.

Once a day upon picking up your reward.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Guys, I know it's still a bit early still but I'd like to set up a HM Raid for tomorrow after the reset. Will Take 2 level 29's and 3 level 30's. Please have experience and decent if not maxed weapons :) Would love to get through it fairly quickly.

If you are interested quote this post and please leave your PSN, class, and level. I will send friend requests later today.

Where: VoG Hard Mode
When: Tuesday November 18th
Time: 1PM EST | 12PM CST | 10AM PST | 6PM GMT

1. noomi85 - hunter - level 30
Ill join too. 29 warlock or 30 hunter. PSN Kartik21.

LiK

Need to point out that I decided to jump into Rumble for the bounty and holy shit, got into a game with a couple of dicks using Pocket Infinities. Constant one shots. No fun.

TP-DK

Anyone up for a hard raid before psn maintenance? I got a Gatekeeper checkpoint that I'd like to clear before the reset.

We can go as soon as we got a full team, lvl 30 players are preffered but a few 29s will be alright.

1. Redman_DK (30 warlock)

Just gonna quote myself in hope of some love.

Deku Tree

So for the purposes of PvP (other than possibly the upcoming IB) it is useless to unlock the last four "upgrade damage" upgrades on your weapons right?

Bah! He's right, maintenance from 12- 6PM EST. Sorry guys, didn't even realize.... :(
Someone mention you can still play online if you are online before the maintenance. If you are planing it afterward the maintenance, I can do it with my Titan. I need the gatekeeper and Atheon.

Namikaze1

Damn, til 6PM EST? Guess no Destiny for me. I'll spend that time installing Sunset Overdrive and MCC then.
I wish I could play Sunset Overdrive but I just can't justify purchasing a Xone for one game. Hopefully that PC rumor is true.
You getting Dragon Age or Far Cry?

Mupod

Hoping there's a last minute procrastinator normal raid happening tonight. I'd like to try it before the reset.

Need to point out that I decided to jump into Rumble for the bounty and holy shit, got into a game with a couple of dicks using Pocket Infinities. Constant one shots. No fun.

I want to be that dick. I need to kill 200 enemies in a Nightfall first, though. I can't even kill one with my current fusion rifles since none are Arc.

But yeah I never realized how utter bullshit fusion rifles were until last night. I had to do my Thorn bounty and my only void weapon was a random blue fusion rifle - I figured I was in for a bad time. Ended up completely dominating a bunch of matches once I got used to it, was getting 100-130 points per round toward the bounty near the end. So while I've got my Thorn thanks to Hawkian and SquallASF helping with Xyor, now all I want to do is just use this dumb fusion rifle some more.

noomi

Guys, I know it's still a bit early still but I'd like to set up a HM Raid for tomorrow after the reset. Will Take 2 level 29's and 3 level 30's. Please have experience and decent if not maxed weapons :) Would love to get through it fairly quickly.

If you are interested quote this post and please leave your PSN, class, and level. I will send friend requests later today.

2. a_javierp - titan - level 30
3. Rubenov25 - warlock - level 30
4. Kartik21 - hunter - level 30
5. Clutch_WaYzz - warlock - level 30

*edit*

Sorry for the confusion, looks like the maintenance is today, not tomorrow ;) Should be still good to go, I've added all those who asked earlier. Need one more now.

LiK

See my earlier post. Just be logged to PSN and youre good to go.

Impossible, I'm at work already.

I wish I could play Sunset Overdrive but I just can't justify purchasing a Xone for one game. Hopefully that PC rumor is true.
You getting Dragon Age or Far Cry?

Nah, bought like 10 games in the past few weeks and all unplayed because of Destiny, lol. If there are some sweet deals for them, I'll pick them up.

Rixa

If youre PS4 is in rest mode, you could always wake it up by loading something free to play stuff to it (using webbrowser store pages), dunno if you can wake it by using mobile app too.
Mine is not in rest mode :p, and Iam not sure if Iam at home before maintenance starts.

Or does it activate your account in PS4?

Midas

If youre PS4 is in rest mode, you could always wake it up by loading something to it (using webbrowser store pages), dunno if you can wake it by using mobile app too.

Mine is not in rest mode :p, and Iam not sure if Iam at home before maintenance starts.

Hmm, load something to it? Please explain further... I might not be home until a few minutes after the maintenance starts, if I'm unlucky.

Rixa

Hmm, load something to it? Please explain further... I might not be home until a few minutes after the maintenance starts, if I'm unlucky.

Go to store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com log in put stuff to download queue.
Iam not sure if it activates your ps4 as being logged in to PSN tho.
See this faq.

Midas

Go to store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com log in put stuff to download queue.
Iam not sure if it activates your ps4 as being logged in to PSN tho.
See this faq.

Ah, saw that you wrote something about that. My reading skills wasn't working that well for a moment. Thanks.

It's downloading now. But I think the PS4 will shutdown when it's done. But I might be wrong, first time I'm trying this.

King C

2. a_javierp - titan - level 30
3. Rubenov25 - warlock - level 30
4. Kartik21 - hunter - level 30

*edit*

Sorry for the confusion, looks like the maintenance is today, not tomorrow ;) Should be still good to go, I've added all those who asked earlier. Need a few more now.

I'm down. PSN Clutch_WaYzz level 30 Warlock.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What's the difference between Hammer Forged and Send It on Hawkmoon? They seem to do the same thing, but worded slightly different.
Is there a benefit to having Hammer Forged instead? It sounds like it should have increased impact, which could be more useful. I definitely noticed an improvement anyway and I haven't unlocked Send It yet.

When it comes to perk modifiers like those, unless it's a specific mod beyond a statistical one (like Armor Piercing Rounds for example), you just want to look at the stat bars and ignore the descriptions altogether. They're just describing the way they improve the gun versus baseline. In this case, Send It is just a straight upgrade compared to Hammer Forged (though slight)

realcZk

Is there a benefit to having Hammer Forged instead? It sounds like it should have increased impact, which could be more useful. I definitely noticed an improvement anyway and I haven't unlocked Send It yet.

When it comes to perk modifiers like those, unless it's a specific mod beyond a statistical one (like Armor Piercing Rounds for example), you just want to look at the stat bars and ignore the descriptions altogether. They're just describing the way they improve the gun versus baseline. In this case, Send It is just a straight upgrade compared to Hammer Forged (though slight)

I think (if I remember correctly) last time I looked at the API, Hammer Forged gave the gun 59/100 range and Send It gave it 62/100, the same range Thorn has with Send It.

jett

D-Member
I made a horrible mistake last night. I was helping out someone beat the weekly. Right near the end I died far away from my team and decided I was gonna leave and rejoin since no one was gonna revive me.

Apparently someone decided to make me leader while I wasn't looking. Oops. This is my Destiny post of shame.

2. lollipopreaper - sunlock- 30
3. Nomi - titan - 30

If maintenance isn't happening, me and my friend will come

Edit: looking above, it seems we'll have a full team of 30s. Who wants to try to speed run Atheon?

Edit 2: nvm, saw you guys have 5...

Nah, bought like 10 games in the past few weeks and all unplayed because of Destiny, lol. If there are some sweet deals for them, I'll pick them up.

You can turn it on from the PS App. If you're able to go into the PS4 settings from there you can set it to not turn off.

Whew solo'd that weekly 28 and got my 9 strange coins. Took awhile but if you just stick around the spot where you first drop into the area it's pretty easy. There's a spot you can jump up to instead of falling down right there and pretty much murder everything from there.

phen0m24

Whew solo'd that weekly 28 and got my 9 strange coins. Took awhile but if you just stick around the spot where you first drop into the area it's pretty easy. There's a spot you can jump up to instead of falling down right there and pretty much murder everything from there.

Nice work hoho. That priest is another spongebob! :)

Mupod

My Thorn has 'Send It' alongside a huge stability upgrade. Kinda curious which one people usually end up taking between those two.

realcZk

My Thorn has 'Send It' alongside a huge stability upgrade. Kinda curious which one people usually end up taking between those two.

Send It for sure, the stability on the Thorn is more visual than physical. The gun has a huge kick animation but it doesn't really affect the crosshair's positioning, its just about timing.

EL CUCO

I made a horrible mistake last night. I was helping out someone beat the weekly. Right near the end I died far away from my team and decided I was gonna leave and rejoin since no one was gonna revive me.

Apparently someone decided to make me leader while I wasn't looking. Oops. This is my Destiny post of shame.

Did nobody yell at you "NOO! WAIT! HOLD ON! STAHP!"?

Mupod

Send It for sure, the stability on the Thorn is more visual than physical. The gun has a huge kick animation but it doesn't really affect the crosshair's positioning, its just about timing.

interesting, I was testing it briefly last night and I did notice that. I did my old Planetside 2 recoil test, shot at a wall for a while and didn't really notice my bullet holes climbing. Thought that was odd since the 'recoil' animation is so dramatic.

If its the weekly, wouldn't you have held the checkpoint? You could have just reloaded the mission back up and appeared right in front of the boss.

Skele7on

Banned
you haven't experienced the whole zoo list of errors and the constant hitdetection delay in PvP matches? :D What kind of imaginary version of Destiny have you been playing!

You're lucky. When I was playing it, I would disconnect about once an hour.

Must have been that ghost edition I bought....

I dunno like I have my ps4 plugged directly into my router and only have a maximum of ten devices on my network at any time.

Like twist, I also would like to set up a group for tomorrow. This is a group for Normal raid which will also double as a flawless/flawless practice run. If any flawless vets wanna come help out with pointers and such, that would be amazing and you guys would get priority. Want to start at about 5.30 GMT / 12.30 EST

1. Me - 30 sunlock
2. Nomi - 30 titan

Hoodbury

That's why I don't really like Rumble; all it is, is shotties and fusion rifles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom