• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeRaSh

So I just helped a friend kill Atheon. When Atheon died I realized I forgot to switch to my second character who hasn't finished the raid this week... I am an idiot.

Daemul

Those are nice glitches and they work great and quickly once you get the right chests or spawns setup, which doesn't always happen right away... But they are also mind numbingly boring.

BTW, is there a good location on Venus to quickly exploit that glitch for spirit bloom?

This one normally works very well for me, since the chest spawns often in that cave, though I always make sure that there's a spirit bloom node right outside for cave to speed up the process.

It is boring and very repetitive, but it's much, much, MUCH, faster than the normal way.

Angry Guy

I still gotta do a hard raid on my Hunter. I'm level 30, does anyone else have the thirst and need to get it done in the next couple of hours?

Deku Tree

This one normally works very well for me, since the chest spawns often in that cave, though I always make sure that there's a spirit bloom node right outside for cave to speed up the process.

It is boring and very repetitive, but it's much, much, MUCH, faster than the normal way.

Hey thanks!

I have a question for you folks that are playing COD as well. I don't want to ask in the COD thread since I'd rather not come off as trolling or trying to bait people.

I've watched a couple of COD MP videos and it looks terribly stark and bland. The character model looks good, but the rest looked like ass in the youtube videos. How does it compare to Destiny in real life? Was I just watching a boring map, where others are fantastic? It's not like there were a bunch of effects like supers and elemental bullet trails setting off everywhere.

I still gotta do a hard raid on my Hunter. I'm level 30, does anyone else have the thirst and need to get it done in the next couple of hours?

I have to do it on my alt 29 titan. I won't be able to do it until about 6pm central (4 hours from now). If you can wait and we can get a group together, I'm in.

I've cleared it multiple times, have maxed weapons, etc etc.

PS4: GKW212

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
All of you think that unlimited chest by zoning in and out forget 1 key part

If others are farming in a loop, there's a good chance that chest will vanish
Then you have to regular farm till you can get a chest/node to spawn near the zone line

It's cool if you are alone, but most areas for farming get packed quickly also a straggler maybe doing a mission, grab item and ruin your quick collect-a-thon

My 29 Hunter has Gatekeepers HM Checkpoint and My 30 Titan is at the Gorogon Maze HM (might bring him to GK also)

So later tonight, if anyone wants to knockout 2 HM's, I have the checkpoints

spyder_ur

I need to run it on my alt. Just leveled him up yesterday. I'm down to run it tonight if you need someone. I'd like to do it around 6pm Central. I am flexible though.

I won't be on until around 9 pm eastern at least, but feel free to send me a PM or add me: PSN: spyder_ur.

Angry Guy

I have to do it on my alt 29 titan. I won't be able to do it until about 6pm central (4 hours from now). If you can wait and we can get a group together, I'm in.

Man, if I could wait for you I would, but I've gotta leave the house in a little over three hours. Sorry :/

Deku Tree

Then you have to regular farm till you can get a chest/node to spawn near the zone line

It's cool if you are alone, but most areas for farming get packed quickly also a straggler maybe doing a mission, grab item and ruin your quick collect-a-thon

My 29 Hunter has Gatekeepers HM Checkpoint and My 30 Titan is at the Gorogon Maze HM (might bring him to GK also)

Yeah especially in a popular farming location the zoning in and out can be wrecked by other players grabbing the chest.

Ambitious

Farming isn't that bad if you can do anything else beside it to entertain you. When I need just a few materials, I go through the newest uploads of my YouTube subscriptions. When I need a huge bunch of them, I just watch a movie while farming. (Obviously one that doesn't require my full attention)

Throwing knife saved me quite a bit in PVP. Really cool. Can't wait to get the two knives perk.

I had used that perk for a long time, but at some point I switched to Chain of Woe. It can make a huge difference, especially in PvE. I really miss the two knives, though.

realcZk

i really dont feel like doing the entire raid again but if you need help @ the atheon fights im down to hop on my 30 to help
that said if you cant find anyone at all for the raid and need an extra spot i can come

Bloodsent

Same, two characters on the same checkpoints., both level 29 Warlocks with maxed weapons (FoC, IB, Ghorn, CM). Willing to run with you tonight. PSN- Bloodsent.

What time were you thinking for hm run(s)?

I'd just like to say that Bad Juju is actually an interesting weapon, and no where as disgustingly underpowered as everyone says it is.

Yes it is underpowered. It's a good weapon if you're doing patrol missions

Yup you're right. I think I'm gonna try PvP once I unlock the stability perk. I think it might work for me, I'm a pulse rifle player.

I love bad seed down and the stranger's rifle. Unfortunately the stranger's rifle doesn't have enough attack to be a serious weapon in PVE but I'm sure it'll be great in PVP

patchday

I have a question for you folks that are playing COD as well. I don't want to ask in the COD thread since I'd rather not come off as trolling or trying to bait people.

I've watched a couple of COD MP videos and it looks terribly stark and bland. The character model looks good, but the rest looked like ass in the youtube videos. How does it compare to Destiny in real life? Was I just watching a boring map, where others are fantastic? It's not like there were a bunch of effects like supers and elemental bullet trails setting off everywhere.

I love playing CoD: AW MP. Majority of my play time has been getting seeped away into it.

Hard to compare both games... In CoD, it is refreshing not to have to grind resources to level up my guns. Plus it is awesome you can actually talk to the team. Even if they dont talk back they can still hear you. In Destiny, all the time I want to yell at randoms not to loot the heavy weapon ammo chest until everyone arrives. But I cant.

It did take awhile to adjust to CoD's art style. Because there is no discernible art style in the MP maps. It's trying to look realistic. So yes, at first CoD would look like ass. Your eyes are not lying to you. And yes, the game moves at 60fps rather than Destiny's 30fps. So its super fast paced.

There's no 'tea bagging' in CoD. When you die in CoD have no worry bout someone rubbing their, um, private parts along your corpse.

The game has a lot of character custimization (sp?). You can unlock lots of cool looking masks. And you won't be forced into a raid to get the best equipment.

Basically pretty much close to a pvper's dream like you'd suspect if you can adjust to the much different 'art style'. Some maps may look much better than others.

The maps do feel like they are made for vertical movement too me. Destiny has so much shitty AoE (nova bomb, rockets, etc) you just feel helpless and mad cause you died to bad map design. You know the feeling, a warlock tosses a nova bomb and you got nowhere to go. There's none of that crap there

So yeah, so far it seems that the pvp is much better in a lot of areas with all the basic features (map voting, voice, etc). CoD fans do complain about spawns and lag. I'm not getting lag so I'm assuming those complaints are coming from PC players are crappy computers. But the spawns might be a bit weird.

edit- I still enjoy Crucible mind you. Mostly because people make me laugh so hard in there. This game has a lot of personality. It's just crazy bare bones and a bit too grindy for pvp focus players

Chitown B

Just solo'd the night fall and got Ballerhorn. Solo'ng the nightfall is super boring, but totally worth it this time.

Feels good.

I hate VT. Hate him. Just a huge bullet waste.

But our team got to him and got him halfway down and eventually we all got server booted. wtf.

8-9pm EST, can be later than that, not earlier

If I'm on, I'm down for HM. Need Oracles, Gatekeeper and Atheon for my Titan, and Oracles, Templar for my Hunter.

Preferably I'd love to run from Oracles to Gatekeeper on my Hunter, and then switch to my Titan for the Gatekeepers. But I'll do whatever.

LiK

Im willing to join a HM Raid tonight. I'd rather just do Atheon. Don't feel like doing the whole thing.

BadAss2961

I'd just like to say that Bad Juju is actually an interesting weapon, and no where as disgustingly underpowered as everyone says it is.
I wouldn't take it anywhere that has any kind of difficulty. The auto-reload after each kill is interesting, but the gun is too weak to take advantage of that outside of fodder enemies.

Pilgor

I have the Atheon checkpoint on hard. I would like to do it tonight, probably in a few hours.

I need lvl 30's to make it go quickly. Send me a PM if you want to join,

I still have a HM Atheon checkpoint on my Warlock from yesterday. Would be nice to get it out of the way.

Alternatively, if there is room I'd like to join. 29 Hunter, PSN Rogo.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Sorry I'm not 30 yet :( Need me some boots and a chest.

Let me know what time you were talking about doing something next week, if I can make it Id be happy to join :) .
Its allright :)
I'll be starting on Normal tomorrow in about 20 hours from now. (6pm GMT+1)
I'll main Hawkmoon btw.

Does anyone have a guide or a picture of all the locations the templar can teleport to?

I'd really like to learn how to do this legitimately and not push him over an edge.

Angry Guy

I have the Atheon checkpoint on hard. I would like to do it tonight, probably in a few hours.

I need lvl 30's to make it go quickly. Send me a PM if you want to join,

Appreciate it, but I've gotta log off at around 6-6:15 east and I'd like to run the whole thing if I can.

So so far it's:

1: Me
2: SoulClap
3: DiscreteCat
4:
5:
6:

For a Hard Raid starting right away. Anyone else? PSN's PaperDude42.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Does anyone have a guide or a picture of all the locations the templar can teleport to?

I'd really like to learn how to do this legitimately and not push him over an edge.
If you attempt to do that you only have to worrly about the pillar on the left and the block on the right. Those are the only places he can reach from the middle.

Mr.Walls

Neo Member
So i am doing the bad juju and thorn bounty. I hated bungie for forcing me to play pvp to get these bounties. They should understand that there are players that just don't want to do pvp. I started playing pvp on saturday with a void legendary shotgun(the comedian) with i had to buy from a vendor in the game(goodbye 150 vanguard marks :( )and my newly aquired truth from good old Xur.
I was angry(or as the kids now or days say 'salty') that i was forced to do this(play pvp). But after a few hours i actually found myself enjoying it. So i would like to take a moment and give bungie a round of applause for these exotic bounties that force the player to experience the whole game.
In pvp i started out with kill ratio of like .25 then i discovered control(so much fun) now my kill ratio is always above .8 . Thank you bungie for showing me how awesome it feels to shoot people point blank with the comedian :)

Deku Tree

I don't have a picture but I have never found it difficult to find the Templar after he teleports when doing it "the way it was intended for you to do it". The map is not very big. And he puts a big red circle where he is about to teleport on the map.

amar212

What is unlimited chest?
Where does it spawn?
When does it spawn?
What is zone line?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom