• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

flkraven

Hello everyone! I started Destiny last week. Beat the game last night and I'm sitting at level 24. I read all of the guides and they are very helpful.

So at this point, do I basically just do Crucible and Vanguard dailies, and just rinse and repeat on playing crucible or the strike playlist? I'm at level 1 on a faction as well. I am little confused about what a weekly heroic strike is, and/or if that is different from playing the strike playlist. At 24, should I be doing the 22 playlist or the 24 playlist?

Also, I got one of those exotic bounty things. I think the next step is waiting for Xur? A ton got thrown at me the last 24 hours :/

Lima

Hopefully Iron Banner 2.0 has clash. Control is very annoying to play solo without a group.

And clash isn't? It's even worse because there is no incentive to move around so most people end up camping the same positions vor and over. The worst game mode by far. Same issue in Skirmish vs Salvage. People don't need to move and so they don't. So boring.

Mupod

Ah crap I forgot about this iron banner nonsense. Hopefully a 27 isn't too gimped in there. Now I really need to try and get into a raid tonight.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What about Perfect Balance for TLW? I'm going for that.
yep!
That's why I don't really like Rumble; all it is, is shotties and fusion rifles.
hehe, all three exotic hand cannons are pretty great in rumble. scout rifles can dominate too, VoC will clean up on any map with decent sightlines.

but like I've been trying to say Pocket Infinity is closer to needing a nerf than worthless. A general FR range nerf would be fine I guess.
Hopefully Iron Banner 2.0 has clash. Control is very annoying to play solo without a group.
don't need to convince me. I did the control bounty yesterday and it was excruciating. I really don't like it at all. At this point it's tough to even tolerate without a team :( But IB will be control only i'm sure

Like twist, I also would like to set up a group for tomorrow. This is a group for Normal raid which will also double as a flawless/flawless practice run. If any flawless vets wanna come help out with pointers and such, that would be amazing and you guys would get priority. Want to start at about 5.30 GMT / 12.30 EST

1. Me - 30 sunlock
2. Nomi - 30 titan
I can help out for future flawless raid :) 2nd flawless raider but I can't make that time.

E92 M3

And clash isn't? It's even worse because there is no incentive to move around so most people end up camping the same positions vor and over. The worst game mode by far. Same issue in Skirmish vs Salvage. People don't need to move and so they don't. So boring.

With Clash I at least have a chance of carrying the team if things are going well. With control there are too many variables that are out my control. Also, haven't encountered too much camping in Clash. Here and there.

I played Control with a full group yesterday. It went quite well. :)

Yes, with a full group it is the best gametype, but I prefer playing solo due to how sporadic my game sessions are.

don't need to convince me. I did the control bounty yesterday and it was excruciating. I really don't like it at all. At this point it's tough to even tolerate without a team :( But IB will be control only i'm sure

I also did that bounty and only won 2 games. It is especially bad when you face a group.

Mupod

Seriously, you people running pvp need to toss me an invite sometime. I've only ever played it solo and sometimes I wish I could shoot my teammates. PSN is 'Mupodpsn', and I generally am running crucible all the time.

Rubenov

This reminds me, any PS4 Crucible-playing gaffers down for Iron Banner once it goes live? Would likely be playing each weeknight Eastern time.

Quote this post, and send a Friend Request to Rubenov25 and write "Iron Banner".

gdt

So if my friend has her gf log her in and out her in orbit now she can play Destiny when she gets off work at 2?

This reminds me, any PS4 Crucible-playing gaffers down for Iron Banner once it goes live? Would likely be playing each weeknight Eastern time.

Quote this post, and send a Friend Request to Rubenov25 and write "Iron Banner".

I'll be there. I spent last week playing PVE with my brother, but I'm ready for IB after completing the invective bounty last night. It's going to be great

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

I'll definitely be looking to put groups together frequently.

Mupod

I'll definitely be looking to run in organized groups during that. Just hoping I can fix my gear issues before it starts.

LordofPwn

That's why I don't really like Rumble; all it is, is shotties and fusion rifles.

I did Rumble last night. first time playing it in about a month. of the 5 matches this was my favorite:
Twilight (score) Gap

Also, what all did i miss this weekend? I saw Fig finally got a hawkmoon, and there was an atheon record kill time practice attempt. anything else noteworthy?

Strider

Haven't played the game all week... Time to knock everything out in one day :p

Isn't there supposed to be PSN maintenance at some point today?

Steroyd

Oh RNGesus I don't care if you don't drop a Vex Mythoclast or a Hawkmoon for the next 2 weeks, just give my damn Warlock some boots and my Hunter a chestpiece at least tomorrow, Iron Banner can fill the blanks kthxbye.

Which means I'm totally getting a Vex Mythoclast And a Hawkmoon tomorrow, screw you RNGesus.

excowboy

I made a horrible mistake last night. I was helping out someone beat the weekly. Right near the end I died far away from my team and decided I was gonna leave and rejoin since no one was gonna revive me.

Apparently someone decided to make me leader while I wasn't looking. Oops. This is my Destiny post of shame.

I did this in last weeks Nightfall halfway through killing Mr Sponge... felt sooo guilty :(

In the market for a scout rifle...is the A.1F3kd83kd3.14 worth the marks?

I got one of these from a drop so it has different perks from the vendor version, but I've used it as my main for dozens of hours and it's really solid. However, I can't compare it to any other Scouts. Would love a VoC please RNGesus!

EL CUCO

Hello everyone! I started Destiny last week. Beat the game last night and I'm sitting at level 24. I read all of the guides and they are very helpful.

So at this point, do I basically just do Crucible and Vanguard dailies, and just rinse and repeat on playing crucible or the strike playlist? I'm at level 1 on a faction as well. I am little confused about what a weekly heroic strike is, and/or if that is different from playing the strike playlist. At 24, should I be doing the 22 playlist or the 24 playlist?

Also, I got one of those exotic bounty things. I think the next step is waiting for Xur? A ton got thrown at me the last 24 hours :/

The weekly heroic strike is the only activity that guarantees you strange coins as a reward. You can scroll over the different difficulties to see how many each one gives you exactly. I think the first one (level 22) starts at 3, then 6, and 9 for level 28. You want to gather strange coins for Xur, since that's the currency he takes for the exotics he sells.

You are basically on the quest for better loot/Gear right now, and praying to RNG while trying to get your light level up to be able to participate in the Nightfall and Raid.

Nightfall is a modified version of the weekly Heroic, which usually adds enemies with shields, specific elemental extra damage, extra melee damage, etc...also if your whole fireteam dies during the Nightfall there is no restart from last checkpoint. Your whole team gets kicked to Orbit and you're forced to start from the beginning.

Nightfall rewards can include one of the following: Exotic weapon or gear, Legendary weapon or gear, random amount strange coins, random amount of ascendent materials.

You want to get your Guardian as ready as possible for the Raid. I recommend you to have atleast one maxed primary and be at level 26 to get started on it without worrying about being a liability. Raid will give you the opportunity to earn better weapons and gear.

As far as factions go, after level 3 and forward on any faction you get a Legendary reward. The content of that reward is extremely random and sometimes dissapointing but occasionally you get lucky with something useful, so you want to be ranking up a Faction. If you chose a certain Faction because of the gear or weapon they carry, something you want to note: Vanguard is the only faction that takes Vanguard marks. All other Factions take Crucible marks and would force you to play PVP.

Sorry if you knew some of this already. Trying to post quickly while at work ;)

Edit: Also I should note that the Weekly Heroic/Nightfall strike only nets you a reward once a week and gets reset every week on Tuesdays mornings. A different strike will be choosed after every reset. Raid rewards are also only allowed once a week and also reset on Tuesday mornings.

Destiny definitely matchmakes in the world based on proximity. While on patrol, I have twice run into my coworker who lives 10 miles away. Pretty cool given how many Destiny players there are. Once was even before we were friends on PSN.

Also, a team of 6x 30s taking on Atheon feels so good. We downed him in 2 portals. :D

LordofPwn

The weekly heroic strike is the only activity that guarantees you strange coins as a reward. You can scroll over the different difficulties to see how many each one gives you exactly. I think the first one (lvl 22) starts at 3, then 6 (lvl 26), and 9 for level 28. You want to gather strange coins for Xur, since that's the currency he takes for the exotics he sells.

You are basically on the quest for better loot/Gear right now, and praying to RNG while trying to get your light level up to be able to participate in the Nightfall and Raid.

Nightfall is a modified version of the weekly Heroic, which usually adds enemiems with shields, specific elemental extra damage, extra melee damage, etc...also if your whole fireteam dies during the Nightfall there is no restart from last checkpoint. Your whole team gets kicked to Orbit and you're forced to start from the beginning.

Nightfall rewards can include one of the following: Exotic weapon or gear, Legendary weapon or gear, random amount strange coins, random amount of ascendent materials.

You want to get your Guardian as ready as possible for the Raid. I recommend you to have atleast one maxed primary and be at level 26 to get started on it without worrying about being a liability. Raid will give you the opportunity to earn better weapons and gear.

As far as factions go, after level 3 and forward on any faction you get a Legendary reward. The content of that reward is extremely random and sometimes dissapointing but occasionally you get lucky with something useful, so you want to be ranking up a Faction. If you chose a certain Faction because of the gear or weapon they carry, something you want to note: Vanguard is the only faction that takes Vanguard marks. All other Factions take Crucible marks and would force you to play PVP.

fixed and added some stuff to help out.

flkraven

The weekly heroic strike is the only activity that guarantees you strange coins as a reward. You can scroll over the different difficulties to see how many each one gives you exactly. I think the first one (level 18?) starts at 3, then 6, and 9 for level 28. You want to gather strange coins for Xur, since that's the currency he takes for the exotics he sells.

Nightfall is a modified version of the weekly Heroic, which usually adds enemiems with shields, specific elemental extra damage, extra melee damage, etc...also if your whole fireteam dies during the Nightfall there is no restart from last checkpoint. Your whole team gets kicked to Orbit and you're forced to start from the beginning.

Edit: Also I should note that the Weekly Heroic/Nightfall strike only nets you a reward once a week and gets reset every week on Tuesdays mornings. A different strike will be choosed after every reset. Raid rewards are also only allowed once a week and also reset on Tuesday mornings.

Wow, thanks a bunch for this. Very helpful. I make a point to only wear my faction mark while I'm playing crucible, so I get the crucible currency simultaneously.

One last question, is it difficult getting a group for a raid if I am just one guy? I'm a Titan Defender in PvE, and I make a point to over level for things, so I definitely wouldn't try to raid until, say, 28.

Edit:

fixed and added some stuff to help out.

Thanks too!

gdt

Raid at 27 is the sweet spot. And finding a raid group on Gaf is easy as pie really. Just post here and start adding friends.

Strider

Almost done soloing nightfall I get booted to update Destiny. Not good timing :/

--

oh shit. 2+ GB?! Geeez. Is this the big update we've all been waiting for?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom