• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only notes that I gave a shit about:
-Increased the number of Bounty slots in the Inventory from 5 to 10
-Added shaders to Eva Levante's stock in the Tower
-Shader preview functionality added to vendor and inventory screens
-Emblems on vendors can now be previewed in the inventory screen

Let's hope they start cranking out some updates. Still so many "soon" fixes that have been announced over a month ago.

ocean

Banned
Great

1. Me
2. Nomi
3. A_javierp?
4. DiscreteCat

Normal/flawless raid run tomorrow at 5.30 GMT

Edit: Ocean didn't you say you will go with the hard mode group tomorrow at this time?
I'm sorry is it 530 or 1730 GMT? I signed up thinking it was 5:30. If it is indeed 17:30 then I won't be able to join as it clashes with a Hard run I'd previously scheduled. Sorry!

Steroyd

I didnt even know half those PvP exploits were a thing, also I don't recall seeing the ammo bug and the raid is still working as intended I see.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Boring fucking update. It's cool that different shaders are being sold and double the bounty slots are nice, but what about the absolutely BROKEN Raid, Bungie? Or that half the exotic weapons in the game are shockingly worthless? Or that there's still zero matchmaking in Nightfall, Daily Heroics, weekly heroics, OR THE RAID? Remember the Raid? Yeah there's that.

There are new bounties. It's still the same kind of shit but if you already did em pre patch there are new ones post patch. Go kill 10 Cabal majors yay!!

ocean

Banned
Sorry for not being specific, but I meant 5.30 pm GMT. I just couldn't think anyone being awake at 5.30 am haha so I didn't mention it

So it seems we're back to two again...

Again it seems a whole lotta nothing from bungie. Two decent things are more bounty spots and fixing blind watch...
Got it. Perhaps it was obtuse of me to assume it was that early! Sorry I won't be able to make it. Best of luck!!

matmanx1

There are some of my annoyances fixed on this list (inventory screen automatically closing on you in flight is one of my big ones) but sadly no Exotic weapon buffs to be found.

I guess 10 bounty slots is reason for rejoicing?? I'll need to read the update list again. It looks like they changed many things. I'm sure there are a few more gems in the list that I missed the first time through.

jett

D-Member
No more weapons balance changes for the foreseeable future, I guess. Which is weird, since they said those were coming.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
The problem i'm currently facing is the damn level 29 barrier. Having only 1 chance per week to do the raid on the 2 different difficulties and hoping for a boot piece to drop for 5 weeks now, i'm starting to feel feed up of this game.

The problem is that nobody wants to do the hard raid with players of level 29 anymore. So now i need to spend an entire afternoon looking for a team that wants to make the hard raid from the begging and takes a 29 with them.

At this point the RNG is fucking annoying because i can´t purchase the piece that is missing, and i have only 2 chances per week to achieve it. Bungie should adjust the game to this kind of situation. It's frustrating to get 4 times the piece you already have and a useless shader.

Sorry for the rant....

Eeeh. I guess the whole world started the download. At first I got like 6 Mb / second, now it's around 300 KB. :(
Pause and restart your download whenever it dips and you get the 6mb/s for about 30 seconds. I managed to get the first 1.28GB in about 5 minutes by doing that.

Strider

Things I wanted to comment on:

Winter's Run: Fixed an exploit zone in the Aksor boss encounter

Is this the one where you hide under the stairs?! Bungie hates cheese.

Increased the number of Bounty slots in the Inventory from 5 to 10.
Added shaders to Eva Levante's stock in the Tower
Shader preview functionality added to vendor and inventory screens
Emblems on vendors can now be previewed in the inventory screen

sweeeeeet

Added new functionality to match pre-formed fireteams against each other

This will slowly roll out to all playlists over time, but will start with the 3v3 playlists
In 3v3 games, Fireteams of 2 or more players will match together more frequently
In 6v6 games, Fireteams of 4 or more players will match together more frequently

This sounds good. If I can play solo against less teams that'll be great.

Addressed some balancing issues for the Control gametype by moving Zones, modifying routes, and adding cover objects.
Adjusted landing and respawn points to accommodate new geometry changes

Finally. I wanna see these changes because that map was awful.

--

Overall a good patch, or the very least not near as disappointing as all the others :D Only thing I really wanted that I didn't see was make it less time consuming to farm materials because that is boooooring.

SkylineRKR

OMG, selling new shaders! Thunderdevil better be one of them!

Also, Raid still broken.

TD should've been buffed to legendary. Most players I know want it and love it. They always ask me where I got it. Some guy in my team even told me he had big news. I thought he found Hawkmoon or something... but no, he had Thunderdevil after weeks of searching for it.

It does seem Vanguard Tiger has the biggest chance of it to drop.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Huh damn, this is a big one. Very interested to see the map changes. Wonder when the batch of exotic changes will hit, should be a substantially smaller package to cert.

PS4: 3 Hard Raids at reset (4 am EST). Also 3 NFs and 3 Weeklies for the crazies.

1.) Boguester- confirmed
2.) Steroyd-confirmed
3.) Cyborg (if he's still alive)
4.) Casmith- confirmed
5.) YvenUp- confirmed
6.) iRAWR (for 2 + oracles/Templar)- confirmed

First alternate: ruthless-b

As usual, we can spread the oracle checkpoint and do runs 2+3 from there. If cyborg is thread lurking let me know if you are down for it, or if anyone needs to drop then let me know so we can snag a replacement.

Also: so many words in those patch notes, but not a single one about the raid.

Shito

I guess we'll have to cheese the Archon priest with one of the two other ways left. I doubt they patched all three...

Can anyone post a screenshot of Eva's shaders?
Either bungie's website is not up to date, or they haven't changed yet...

PS4: 3 Hard Raids at reset (4 am EST). Also 3 NFs and 3 Weeklies for the crazies.

1.) Boguester- confirmed
2.) Steroyd-confirmed
3.) Cyborg (if he's still alive)
4.) Casmith- confirmed
5.) YvenUp- confirmed
6.) iRAWR (for 2 + oracles/Templar)- confirmed

As usual, we can spread the oracle checkpoint and do runs 2+3 from there. If cyborg is thread lurking let me know if you are down for it, or if anyone needs to drop then let me know so we can snag a replacement.

Also: so many words in those patch notes, but not a single one about the raid.

Count me in if anyone drops.

Why is the hunter's Symbiote helmet inventory icon red now? Also the new mark symbols look kind of bad. Well, at least we got more bounty space out of it.

LordofPwn

"Fixed an issue in which the Player/Inventory screen would sometimes close during certain parts of the spaceflight sequence"

YES! This bugged me the most.

Now time to fix atheon encounter, grimoire cards, class balancing, weapon balancing, added material sources, more customization options, private matchmaking, theatre mode, stats, better companion app, mote of light bar, xp gains, raid currency, more exotic exotics, custom hud display, etc...

Progress.

Oh shit, I just realized the 10 bounty slots means some seriously awesome weapon telemetry + bounty turn in. With my alts, I could run 30 bounties + 3 telemetries. That would probably damn near max an exotic.

Hoodbury

"Fixed an issue in which the Player/Inventory screen would sometimes close during certain parts of the spaceflight sequence"

YES! This bugged me the most.

Heh, ya that is very annoying. Great fix there.

Such a big patch, I can't imagine how many problems this will bring.

LiK

TD should've been buffed to legendary. Most players I know want it and love it. They always ask me where I got it. Some guy in my team even told me he had big news. I thought he found Hawkmoon or something... but no, he had Thunderdevil after weeks of searching for it.

It does seem Vanguard Tiger has the biggest chance of it to drop.

I haven't played Strikes playlist in a while. There's always one asshole who idles in them. The factions should also sell shaders. Random drops for their shaders makes no sense.

The problem i'm currently facing is the damn level 29 barrier. Having only 1 chance per week to do the raid on the 2 different difficulties and hoping for a boot piece to drop for 5 weeks now, i'm starting to feel feed up of this game.

The problem is that nobody wants to do the hard raid with players of level 29 anymore. So now i need to spend an entire afternoon looking for a team that wants to make the hard raid from the begging and takes a 29 with them.

At this point the RNG is fucking annoying because i can´t purchase the piece that is missing, and i have only 2 chances per week to achieve it. Bungie should adjust the game to this kind of situation. It's frustrating to get 4 times the piece you already have and a useless shader.

Sorry for the rant....

I feel your pain man. After about a month of having 3 characters at 29 and just needing boots for each. Thats about 12 raids of getting nothing... I finally got the boots last night for my Titan.

Just keep at it man. Its level 30. The highest achievable rank (right now.)

At least they made something sort-of hard to get in this game.

Are there others than this one?
Because it's not a new one...

I guess I wasn't clear. I'm not saying there are new types of bounties; I'm saying they have a new batch of bounties than the ones that were there before the patch. It's still the same type of bounties they've always had. So if you did them all pre patch you can do a new batch post patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom