• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry Archon Priest will now regen health, teleport you, and detain your dead body.

Please be true. and to whomever said it was due to connection is wrong. i've had a praetorian visually beat up with no head and a sliver of health to visually beat up and 2/3 health.

I wouldn't be surprised if the ship that flies in, takes a detour over the start and empties it's cannons and everything on you from now on...

Fixed an issue in which Vex Cyclops and Hive Shrieker health bars would not update properly

Sorry no praetorian fixes

Qwell

such a weird thing to "Fix" I mean its crazy they modeled the gates on the entire thing but not right there.
I haven't tried it since I'm not home, but I wonder if its another one. It seems like most of the bosses have some area where you can hide behind objects etc, which is what the under the stairs feels like. However I noticed one group I ran with that jumped up to some odd spot above the red tent cover thing that is above the 2 doors that spawn enemies on the right side when you zone in. Nothing could hit them when they were up there, I never did try to get up there myself.

To me the under the stairs feels like the corners during the Vulag strike, you are just using a clever cover mechanic.

HighOnPCP

FOR EVERYBODY STILL DOWNLOADING THE SLOW AS FUCK PATCH:

Try to pause it for 30 seconds or so and then start it up again.

For me this will download like 100-300MB with normal speed (basically in a few seconds lol) and then it'll slow down again. Just wait a little bit and repeat again.

If it doesn't work for you don't tase me bro.

gdt

So no proximity chat on Patrol? They should add that. Some kind of chat on the tower too to find raid groups. But all those people talking could get crazy.

Alucrid

Banned
Fixed an issue in which Blink Strike damage would be caused by colliding with the Blink Strike, rather than melee impact

Is that why i would sometimes get one shot by blink strike at full health?

Winter's Run: Fixed an exploit zone in the Aksor boss encounter

lol, there goes that hiding spot

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Fixed an issue in which Blink Strike damage would be caused by colliding with the Blink Strike, rather than melee impact

With Backstab chosen, Blink Strike is a one hit kill from behind.

Blink Strike is supposed to be a OHKO if it hits you in the back, ala Halo style.

Edit: Dammit Hawkian

Steroyd

l2XrpJv.jpg

FUCK YOU SONY AND FUCK YOU BUNGIE, I CAMPED INSIDE MY GAME TO PREVENT THIS SHIT.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGHHHH!

How do you know it wasn't related to a connection issue?

I see this said a lot. How does that make it okay? Yes, it's a client problem, but literally the whole game is co-op and involves shooting things together. Why do praetorians in the portal have this problem?

Rixa

19:27 EET downloaded patch (10/1 connection took 70mins), trying to log in to game. "Unable to connect PSN network".

Damn. I thought being logged to PSN with my profile is enough didnt know the game needs to be online ;(. No Destiny for me today then.

Now all they need to do is fix the raid
Actually though, maybe they are going to make the raid fixes one big patch and not include it with other fixes

As much as I dislike the cynicism over the subject, I'm not sure that Bungie actually knows exactly what's wrong with the raid.

AKAIK Bungie hasn't even officially acknowledged the slew of Raid bugs. It would be nice for them to atleast inform us they are aware of the glitches, let alone fix them.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Blink Strike is supposed to be a OHKO if it hits you in the back, ala Halo style.

Edit: Dammit Hawkian
You gotta take Backstab though, and I prefer Fast Twitch. A high STR backstab build would be potentially pretty deadly though.
I do remember getting OHK'd from front tho. It is pretty rare however
ahh at full health? That would definitely be a glitch. I've definitely traded Blink Strikes with another hunter before and had both of us alive
I see this said a lot. How does that make it okay? Yes, it's a client problem, but literally the whole game is co-op and involves shooting things together. Why do praetorians in the portal have this problem?
yea... it matters exactly 0% whether or not that's a latency-related issue.

Strider

AKAIK Bungie hasn't even officially acknowledged the slew of Raid bugs. It would be nice for them to atleast inform us they are aware of the glitches, let alone fix them.

Yes they have. Deej posted on reddit they are aware of the issues. I guess you could consider that "not official" but IMO it counts :p
--

Finally finished the update. Getting the "Unable to connect to PSN" error on Destiny. Oh well.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
So people who have experienced often horrible tiger strikes matchmaking as well as nightfall, Heroics, and the raid in their entirety still really want matchmaking for those last three activities? I would never use it personally. It is easy enough to get a good group going from gaffers.
Easy for you, yeah. You're on NeoGaf. What about the 5 million other people who aren't, and can't participate in a large amount of the game's content because their friends either don't have 4 hours to set aside for a Raid, or they've simply moved onto other games? Yeah, there's those people.

Trakan

Yes they have. Deej posted on reddit they are aware of the issues. I guess you could consider that "not official" but IMO it counts :p
--

Finally finished the update. Getting the "Unable to connect to PSN" error on Destiny. Oh well.

A community manager posting on one random forum is not an acknowledgement.

PS4: 3 Hard Raids at reset (4 am EST). Also 3 NFs and 3 Weeklies for the crazies.

1.) Boguester- confirmed
2.) Steroyd-confirmed
3.) Cyborg (if he's still alive)
4.) Casmith- confirmed
5.) YvenUp- confirmed
6.) iRAWR (for 2 + oracles/Templar)- confirmed

First alternate: ruthless-b

As usual, we can spread the oracle checkpoint and do runs 2+3 from there. If cyborg is thread lurking let me know if you are down for it, or if anyone needs to drop then let me know so we can snag a replacement.

Also: so many words in those patch notes, but not a single one about the raid.
I am gonna try to power lvl my Titan since I gotten legendary armor from a engram. Hopefully I can be able to do up to the gatekeeper and I can switch to my lvl30 and help out. My hunter and warlock are ready.

edit: I can prob do the nightfall 3x as well. Come to me Hawkmoon..please RNG God

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom