• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shito

I guess I wasn't clear. I'm not saying there are new types of bounties; I'm saying they have a new batch of bounties than the ones that were there before the patch. It's still the same type of bounties they've always had. So if you did them all pre patch you can do a new batch post patch.
Oooh, sorry, didn't understand!
Ok, that's cool, and quite surprising. :)

noomi

Alright!

All filled up for tomorrow, just waiting for everyone to give their final confirmation, and that's that :D We are going to kick some serious Atheon ass tomorrow, really looking forward to playing with you guys.

Where: VoG Hard Mode
When: Tuesday November 18th
Time: 1PM EST | 12PM CST | 10AM PST | 6PM GMT

1. noomi85 - hunter - level 30 (confirmed)
2. a_javierp - titan - level 30 (confirmed)
3. Rubenov25 - warlock - level 30 (confirmed)
4. Kartik21 - hunter - level 30
5. Clutch_WaYzz - warlock - level 30
6. Noisepurge - hunter - level 29 (confirmed)

Steroyd

Oh shit, I just realized the 10 bounty slots means some seriously awesome weapon telemetry + bounty turn in. With my alts, I could run 30 bounties + 3 telemetries. That would probably damn near max an exotic.

I cqn now leave bounties for the next day instead of doing it all at once, and I can do Iron Banner and Crucible bounties at the same time, praise the sun.

Pause and restart your download whenever it dips and you get the 6mb/s for about 30 seconds. I managed to get the first 1.28GB in about 5 minutes by doing that.

Oh wow that makes a shocking difference, went from 20% to 75% in a minute.

nowai

"Reduced camera shake when being hit with explosive rounds"

Vader noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

OP Fatebringer RIP.

holy SHIT this is a huge patch.

Several of these things annoyed me. Glad to see Bungie keeps as much attention to detail as I do :)

Now just let us disable the Crucible announcer.

Deku Tree

Boring fucking update. It's cool that different shaders are being sold and double the bounty slots are nice, but what about the absolutely BROKEN Raid, Bungie? Or that half the exotic weapons in the game are shockingly worthless? Or that there's still zero matchmaking in Nightfall, Daily Heroics, weekly heroics, OR THE RAID? Remember the Raid? Yeah there's that.

So people who have experienced often horrible tiger strikes matchmaking as well as nightfall, Heroics, and the raid in their entirety still really want matchmaking for those last three activities? I would never use it personally. It is easy enough to get a good group going from gaffers.

excowboy

TD should've been buffed to legendary. Most players I know want it and love it. They always ask me where I got it. Some guy in my team even told me he had big news. I thought he found Hawkmoon or something... but no, he had Thunderdevil after weeks of searching for it.

It does seem Vanguard Tiger has the biggest chance of it to drop.

Vendor has it right now!

rNilla

Random drops for their shaders makes no sense.

Nothing about shaders makes sense.

They shouldn't be incredibly rare or elusive drops.
They shouldn't take up inventory space.
They should be concurrently available to all three characters.
They should be applicable to ships.
etc.

zewone

Nothing about shaders makes sense.

They shouldn't be incredibly rare or elusive drops.
They shouldn't take up inventory space.
They should be concurrently available to all three characters.
They should be applicable to ships.
etc.

You're talking like a sane, rational person.

Excuse my ignorance, but what's so broken with the raid?

From an older post:

Problems with the fight in order of appearance:
  • Wrong number of people teleported.
  • Killed by architects upon teleport.
  • [Hard] Detained when teleported.
  • [Hard] Detain is the same size as titan shield. If you bubble, then get detained, you can't shoot detain from the inside or outside.
  • [Hard] Detain debuff is permanent.
  • Enemies spawn behind you inside portal.
  • Minotaur heals to full.
  • All oracles spawn at once.
  • Oracles spawn invisible.
  • Succumb to oracles after they all died.
  • Vengeance does not pop on the last oracle.
  • Gate doesn't teleport.
  • On kill effects not activated upon killing supplicants.
  • Splash damage goes through cleanse shield.
  • Projectiles go through cleanse shield if the relic bearer is nudged.
  • Atheon walks out of LoS and stays there, wasting a whole phase. Not a bug, but I'm posting problems, not bugs. In hard mode, you can't survive outside the bubble easily at 29. Repositioning can wipe the whole raid.
  • Atheon's critbox is ambiguous.
  • Atheon stomps on the center.
  • Certain weapon perks stop working after vengeance.

Excuse my ignorance, but what's so broken with the raid?

A crazy amount of glitches, many of them specifically related to flawless raider runs because the hotfix patch they added to stop Atheon cheese doesn't load in properly until there's been a wipe on GKs or Atheon. Plenty of other glitches not just for flawless though. Pretty sure that Pretorian, Gatekeeper, Atheon, etc. regaining their health is just the usual lag issues when playing online with people. Also, still lots of ways to cheese the different phases.

Spawnling

If your update is showing 10+ hours to download on PSN, try pausing the download and then resuming. Mine went from 12 hours to 40 minutes, others are reporting the same.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
I feel your pain man. After about a month of having 3 characters at 29 and just needing boots for each. Thats about 12 raids of getting nothing... I finally got the boots last night for my Titan.

Just keep at it man. Its level 30. The highest achievable rank (right now.)

At least they made something sort-of hard to get in this game.

Yeah, i know it's kind of a first world problems rant. But what bothers me is not that the change to get the drop is small, it's that Bungie artificially limits the number of times that we can try.

The raid is by far the most fun part of the game, and that´s why i keep doing it with other players even when i know i'll not get anything.

I understand that making the raid drops as the strikes is not the solution (a lot of players would get all the available loot in days), but they should implement a more intelligent system that would not reward you 5 times the same thing that you already have equipped. (And this is only aggravated by the omission of a buy/trade system).

Daemul

They better patch faction shaders into the faction vendors stock. They were there in the beta, why they were removed I have no fucking clue.

LordofPwn

Did they patch the templar cheese? It's funny they chose to patch arkhon priest but not the templar.
Don't worry Archon Priest will now regen health, teleport you, and detain your dead body.

Seems they fixed the issue with Praetorians regenerating health in the VoG.
Please be true. and to whomever said it was due to connection is wrong. i've had a praetorian visually beat up with no head and a sliver of health to visually beat up and 2/3 health.

Still updating, to anyone who's online, have they added the ability to check rep on each Vendor without actually visiting them.

Blind Watch

Addressed some balancing issues for the Control gametype by moving Zones, modifying routes, and adding cover objects

Awww...yessss. Want to see what they've done with it.

Pickman

I haven't played Strikes playlist in a while. There's always one asshole who idles in them. The factions should also sell shaders. Random drops for their shaders makes no sense.

Got my TD from a Cryptarch level up package in the mail along with 3 blue engrams. Wasn't even mad. Actually woke up my dog by going "Oh... OHHHHH! OHHHHHHHHHH! SHIIIIIT!"

From an older post:

Problems with the fight in order of appearance:
  • Wrong number of people teleported.
  • Killed by architects upon teleport.
  • [Hard] Detained when teleported.
  • [Hard] Detain is the same size as titan shield. If you bubble, then get detained, you can't shoot detain from the inside or outside.
  • [Hard] Detain debuff is permanent.
  • Enemies spawn behind you inside portal.
  • Minotaur heals to full.
  • All oracles spawn at once.
  • Oracles spawn invisible.
  • Succumb to oracles after they all died.
  • Vengeance does not pop on the last oracle.
  • Gate doesn't teleport.
  • On kill effects not activated upon killing supplicants.
  • Splash damage goes through cleanse shield.
  • Projectiles go through cleanse shield if the relic bearer is nudged.
  • Atheon walks out of LoS and stays there, wasting a whole phase. Not a bug, but I'm posting problems, not bugs. In hard mode, you can't survive outside the bubble easily at 29. Repositioning can wipe the whole raid.
  • Atheon's critbox is ambiguous.
  • Atheon stomps on the center.
  • Certain weapon perks stop working after vengeance.

If you want to include raid weapon problems you can add a few
Like how Raid weapons don't gain "carry extra ammo" perks from armor.
How they all do varieties of damage to oracles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom