• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixa

I am still online on PSN, dont know about destiny since there is a 2.44GB update trying to squeeze through my 10Mbit Internet.

After you have downloaded patch, you will get Destiny error. I thought it would be enough to be logged PSN but no, you need to be logged in game when maintenance starts.

I am playing this fun new game where I pause and then restart my download. It is fun you should try!

Seriously works but it seems nobody can log in anyways. Why?!

Deku Tree

Easy for you, yeah. You're on NeoGaf. What about the 5 million other people who aren't, and can't participate in a large amount of the game's content because their friends either don't have 4 hours to set aside for a Raid, or they've simply moved onto other games? Yeah, there's those people.

Are you saying a game like this shouldn't exist because there are "5 million other people" who will be unable to figure out how to properly experience it? There are lots of Destiny communities around the internet that people can get involved in if they want to experience the high level end game PvE content. Sure Bungie could do a better job of creating in game ways to meet up with players interested in doing similar content.

But the argument that their shouldn't be a raid because "5 million other people" will be unable to set aside "4 hours to set aside for a Raid" is one that I don't believe. So Bungie should only focus on casual content that can be experienced by everyone? That's not Destiny and I am happy about it myself... (BTW the raid has several checkpoints and it doesn't have to all be done in one sitting.)

Kamina

Golden Boy
After you have downloaded patch, you will get Destiny error. I thought it would be enough to be logged PSN but no, you need to be logged in game when maintenance starts.
I was, does that mean i am knocked out now? Oh man.

Strider

A community manager posting on one random forum is not an acknowledgement.

So just to be clear...

If the same exact person posted the same exact thing on their blog instead of a forum you would feel better and it would be "official?"

Cool.

All I care about is he is aware of the issues and passed the info along to the devs.

^ yup. CM speaking to the community is still relevant. The fact that he said the higher ups know about the glitches is still important. Luke posted here about the Atheon "fix" before anything official was posted, iirc.

Exactly.

LiK

^ yup. CM speaking to the community is still relevant. The fact that he said the higher ups know about the glitches is still important. Luke posted here about the Atheon "fix" before anything official was posted, iirc.

Guyz, Gaiz! So late last night, I finish up everything I want to do in my play session for the day and am just cashing in my engrams before logging off. I have multiple blues and they all stay blue as usual, story of everyone's life, but they make me go up another Cryptarch level. I then sigh as I'm running to the post office to collect my "Legendary Reward" "Here comes two blues like fucking always! Troll mode activate! I say to myself". I get two blues just as expected BUT I also get one purple engram...and it's a chest! The thought of this fabled Praxic Fire quickly flashes through my mind and I immediately dismiss it, "You're just going to break your own heart Squall, don't do this to yourself!" I head back to Rahool, heart on my sleeve, knowing I'm getting some garbage purple chest that will become shards and then...BOOM exotic chest! but wait, is it just fucking Voidfang which I already have in the vault and has come up with Xur fifty times? NO! IT'S FUCKING PRAXIC FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PRAISE THE FUCKING SUN, SUNNY D! PRAXIC IS REAL AND I HAVE IT AT LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG#$J*$(#Y$#@U(@U$@(#*$U@(#SEXCOPTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Destiny soul has soothed, faith restored and it's fucking official, Xur is worse than Rahool. As much as I want to say Rahool sucks, he is Based Rahool at the moment. Praise the fucking sun! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!

Rixa

I was, does that mean i am knocked out now? Oh man.

Yeah, if you were gaming and then forced to download patch and you are downloading it at the moment. Then you need to wait PSN maintenance to be finished. Its 19:40 here, which means no Destiny for me tonight. Atleast I can go to sleep "early" since tomorrow 21:00 first we do Nightfall and after that normal raid (my 2nd time) :p.

But tonight was going to be good grinding & collecting time for helium.

The best change to that map would be to give it the axe
But jeepers, that Heavy Ammo spawn near B is a terrible location

Nah, Blind Watch has great potential. It's layout is one of my favorite maps in the game (not talking about the location of control points).

Bastion on the other hand is an irredeemable block of feces.

Jinjo

So just to be clear...

If the same exact person posted the same exact thing on their blog instead of a forum you would feel better and it would be "official?"

Cool.

All I care about is he is aware of the issues and passed the info along to the devs.

"Passing it along to the devs" means jackshit when it comes to Bungie. They have ignored their players about issues before or arrogantly brushed it aside.

Nah, Blind Watch has great potential. It's layout is one of my favorite maps in the game (not talking about the location of control points).

Bastion on the other hand is an irredeemable block of feces.
I think Bastion is alright for a vehicle map
But First Light needs to die in all the pits

Guyz, Gaiz! So late last night, I finish up everything I want to do in my play session for the day and am just cashing in my engrams before logging off. I have multiple blues and they all stay blue as usual, story of everyone's life, but they make me go up another Cryptarch level. I then sigh as I'm running to the post office to collect my "Legendary Reward" "Here comes two blues like fucking always! Troll mode activate! I say to myself". I get two blues just as expected BUT I also get one purple engram...and it's a chest! The thought of this fabled Praxic Fire quickly flashes through my mind and I immediately dismiss it, "You're just going to break your own heart Squall, don't do this to yourself!" I head back to Rahool, heart on my sleeve, knowing I'm getting some garbage purple chest that will become shards and then...BOOM exotic chest! but wait, is it just fucking Voidfang which I already have in the vault and has come up with Xur fifty times? NO! IT'S FUCKING PRAXIC FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PRAISE THE FUCKING SUN, SUNNY D! PRAXIC IS REAL AND I HAVE IT AT LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG#$J*$(#Y$#@U(@U$@(#*$U@(#SEXCOPTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Destiny soul has soothed, faith restored and it's fucking official, Xur is worse than Rahool. As much as I want to say Rahool sucks, he is Based Rahool at the moment. Praise the fucking sun! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!

Haha, grats.

Overall I am pleased with the patch despite it not addressing issues the community feels are more important (i.e. Raid bugs and Exotic balance).

PvP map balancing was sorely need so this is a good change.

10 Bounty slots is great, more than sufficient now.

New voice chat options is a good feature. Should have been there day 1.

I feel like I should be miffed at fixing the Ishtar Strike cheese, but it needed to be done, glad they fixed the difficulty for 3 man strikes like they said they would a long time ago

Strider

"Passing it along to the devs" means jackshit when it comes to Bungie. They have ignored their players about issues before or arrogantly brushed it aside.

If you're gonna make that argument then even the official blog posts are useless because info about future updates has been posted there that we have never seen before either.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Up for a flawless raid try tomorrow on reset?
I would rather want to do that on Friday. Tomorrow I will do two normal Raids though.

Yeah, if you were gaming and then forced to download patch and you are downloading it at the moment. Then you need to wait PSN maintenance to be finished. Its 19:40 here, which means no Destiny for me tonight. Atleast I can go to sleep "early" since tomorrow 21:00 first we do Nightfall and after that normal raid (my 2nd time) :p.
Oh man, thanks Bungie.
Wanted to hard Raid before the Reset.

CREMSteve

This is why Destiny is so great. The juice is most certainly worth the squeeze.

Congrats

E92 M3

Darn - no exotic tuning. Overall, the update is pretty cool though. I wonder what's taking them so long to fix the weapons. They surely nerfed it quickly lol.

LiK

Darn - no exotic tuning. Overall, the update is pretty cool though. I wonder what's taking them so long to fix the weapons. They surely nerfed it quickly lol.

The nerfs felt like panic mode similar to the Atheon cheese. I guess they wanna tweak them more carefully now.

The nerfs felt like panic mode similar to the Atheon cheese. I guess they wanna tweak them more carefully now.
The Atheon cheese was ridiculous, though.
Especially since you could get it done BEFORE he teleported you
Like, the Templar cheese takes a few solid minutes

Deku Tree

Well the Vex (plus the Atheon cheese that made it so easy for a lot of people to get the Vex) was really wrecking PvP so it definitely was panic mode.

hydruxo

Good thing is when the exotic update comes it'll be for more than just the guns they mentioned previously. I just hope there's no surprise nerfs.

Deej should do a flawless run with us, it would be a glitch crash course.

From reddit poster who has the patch (apparently): "No plus signs when taking weapons/armour out of your vault" ... can it be true?

Jinjo

The Atheon cheese was ridiculous, though.
Especially since you could get it done BEFORE he teleported you
Like, the Templar cheese takes a few solid minutes

I remember that afternoon where for three hours my group tried to cheese Atheon to no avail. I couldn't do anything since I was a Hunter. When we finally did it I tried it on my Titan straight after. Did it in two tries lol.

The cheese was very luck-dependent.

Deej should do a flawless run with us, it would be a glitch crash course.

From reddit poster who has the patch (apparently): "No plus signs when taking weapons/armour out of your vault" ... can it be true?

Patch redeemed.

E92 M3

Indeed and we paid the iron price ;)

Good thing is when the exotic update comes it'll be for more than just the guns they mentioned previously. I just hope there's no surprise nerfs.

I just want to enjoy the Vex before it becomes outclassed by the next raid exotic. All I ask lol.

Haha, Yes!!! Love reading about someone's excitement when they finally get that one piece of gear or the one weapon they've been hoping for.

List of what I think will get nerfed:
Hawkmoon
Suros Regime(Yes, even after the AR nerf)
Ice Breaker
Gjallarhorn(Blame the guys who beat HM Atheon in 17 seconds)
What I think gets buffed:
Red Death
Truth
Mida Multi-Tool
Hard Light
Vex Mythoclast
Bad Juju
What I think won't be changed:
Thorn
Patience And Time
Thunderlord
Super Good Advice
Invective
Pocket Infinity
Plan C
The Last Word
Monte Carlo
Universal Remote

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Are you saying a game like this shouldn't exist because there are "5 million other people" who will be unable to figure out how to properly experience it? There are lots of Destiny communities around the internet that people can get involved in if they want to experience the high level end game PvE content. Sure Bungie could do a better job of creating in game ways to meet up with players interested in doing similar content.

But the argument that their shouldn't be a raid because "5 million other people" will be unable to set aside "4 hours to set aside for a Raid" is one that I don't believe. So Bungie should only focus on casual content that can be experienced by everyone? That's not Destiny and I am happy about it myself... (BTW the raid has several checkpoints and it doesn't have to all be done in one sitting.)
I never said there "shouldn't" be a Raid because it's accessible to only a very small percentage if players, and as you said in your own post, they could do a better job of bringing people together in this game, because, well, that's the point of Destiny.

Everything I said still stands, Bungie should bring matchmaking to a wider variety of game modes -- it'd being people together, make the game more social, and encourage play of more of the game's content to a wider range of players. I've had some of my best gaming experiences playing with strangers I met online in co-op games. To me, that's the best part of the social revolution of online gaming. If you're disgusted by people you don't know, no one would force you to play with them.

The closest thing to meaningful matchmaking in Destiny are strangers sending each other blind invites to The Raid and Nightfall while in the Tower.

Awesome.

Rubenov

Hawkmoon
Ice Breaker
Red Death
Truth
Mida Multi-Tool
Hard Light
Vex Mythoclast
Bad Juju
Thorn
Patience And Time
Thunderlord
Super Good Advice
Invective
Pocket Infinity
Plan C
The Last Word
Monte Carlo
Universal Remote

You're crazy :O

I want these feels.

hydruxo

Hawkmoon
Ice Breaker
Red Death
Truth
Mida Multi-Tool
Hard Light
Vex Mythoclast
Bad Juju
Thorn
Patience And Time
Thunderlord
Super Good Advice
Invective
Pocket Infinity
Plan C
The Last Word
Monte Carlo
Universal Remote

They already said they were buffing Thorn.

And if Hawkmoon gets nerfed, I quit. No joke :) Favorite gun.

jeffc919

Weren't they supposed to add new ways to get (i.e. buy) materials so you don't have to go searching for chests? Maybe the next patch?

Strider

Monte Carlo getting a buff would be AMAZING. That was the first gun I ever maxed out.

It was still early on when I thought if I upgraded it all the way it wouldn't be complete shit. Boy was I wrong.

LordofPwn

How do you know it wasn't related to a connection issue?

unless the 2 other people in the portal also had a bad connection, and a gjallarhorn rocket doesn't do damage.

relic holder me flies down after a gjallarhorn rockets the praetorian, i smash him, then punch him, someone else is shooting him, has a sliver of health, punch him (should now be dead) hit connects. praetorian teleports to steps with 2/3 health and melee's me to death. 2 other portal team members try firing at him and do no damage.

nowai

Hawkmoon
Ice Breaker
Red Death
Truth
Mida Multi-Tool
Hard Light
Vex Mythoclast
Bad Juju
Thorn
Patience And Time
Thunderlord
Super Good Advice
Invective
Pocket Infinity
Plan C
The Last Word
Monte Carlo
Universal Remote

846667381_its_time_to_stop_posting_answer_3_xlarge.jpeg

Jinjo

Hawkmoon
Ice Breaker
Red Death
Truth
Mida Multi-Tool
Hard Light
Vex Mythoclast
Bad Juju
Thorn
Patience And Time
Thunderlord
Super Good Advice
Invective
Pocket Infinity
Plan C
The Last Word
Monte Carlo
Universal Remote

I think they should stop the nerfing, but instead bring other exotics up to par to the exotics at the top of your list. It's an exotic, so it should feel a little overpowered. The real problem is that the rest of the exotics are so lackluster they are not even better than most legendary guns. So instead of all the nerf-reactions they should just bring the other exotics up to par to those. Otherwise there is no real point to using an exotic. Icebreaker vs Gjallarhorn or Hawkmoon vs Suros is an actual meaningful and difficult choice. The rest is not even worth a consideration.

I will be pretty much done with the game if they actually nerf those exotics, because they are good in PvE (since Icebreaker and Gjallarhorn are PvE exotics most of all). The game is bullet spongy enough as fucking is.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I can't get in now, I guess screwed by the PSN vs. Destiny maintenance dance party.

edit: back in! let's check this out a bit
Easy for you, yeah. You're on NeoGaf. What about the 5 million other people who aren't, and can't participate in a large amount of the game's content because their friends either don't have 4 hours to set aside for a Raid, or they've simply moved onto other games? Yeah, there's those people.
First of all, you're not one of those people :-/ I understand you're ostensibly not complaining on your own behalf here, but it sounds like you're saying YOU can't participate.

Secondly, it's those players I have in mind when I vehemently oppose blind matchmaking for the game's advanced activities, even though I'd never use it myself anyway.

If they included it for the Weekly Heroic, whatever, fine. Some people do want to throw themselves at that wall, or carry the team through the 3-man strike the way I find myself doing this a not-insignificant amount of the time in Tiger Strikes. The Nightfall is borderline; without extreme communication you'll have a number of new groups forming, getting kicked to orbit repeatedly and going to bed thinking the Nightfall is fucking impossible for them to ever beat.

The Raid is an entirely less compelling story. If you're not joining with a group of real friends then setting some basic expectations for the type of raid you're attempting is extremely important to even have a good time with it, let alone succeed. Your experience in joining a raid should have to do with your experience with a raid, which means communicating somehow before showing up at the door to the Vault. Not every is equally patient, nor are people looking to quickly complete content always tolerant of those who have never done it before, and every permutation in between.

An in-game grouping board for Fireteams (as you might find in PSO, Monster Hunter, etc.) is a solution that provides all the same benefits as matchmaking without the many, many potential issues that could arise (and can be seen right now in real-time during Vanguard playlists). This kind of system allows people to specify what they're looking for, and have like-minded people join the fireteam. Not just the kind of content, but the kind of group.

I've played a fuckton of Destiny and a majority of my time has been spent trying to contribute to the game's base in a way that pertains to the kind of player you're talking about. "Those people." The ones in this thread who have the Platinum or lead people in Flawless Raids or have three level 30s would never have needed my guides or my help finishing a level 26 strike to have the coins for their first exotic. They don't need to be led through the Normal raid for the first time; in fact a fair few of them could probably get through it playing with one hand at this point. Don't tell me I oppose matchmaking because I'm "not thinking about the 5 million other people" playing Destiny, I think about those players first because they are where the money comes from and I want this game to succeed.

Anyway, the raid has a number of checkpoints, and doesn't have to all be done in one sitting. Three 90-minute blocks at 3 points during the week would knock it out, or 4 hour long sessions, etc., one of a few differences this raid has to cater to the needs of a more casual playerbase than traditional MMO raids.

LordofPwn

with the strike dificulty getting lessened for fireteams of 3, is that their fix for damage not registering correctly? aka no more sponge bob on mars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom