• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladelaw

Patch downloaded, 3 thunderdevils purchased. Now to wait for the iron banner. Looks like my only hope for 30 given no raid gloves in 9 attempts.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I think they should stop the nerfing, but instead bring other exotics up to par to the exotics at the top of your list. It's an exotic, so it should feel a little overpowered. The real problem is that the rest of the exotics are so lackluster they are not even better than most legendary guns. So instead of all the nerf-reactions they should just bring the other exotics up to par of those. Otherwise there is no real point to using an exotic. Icebreaker vs Gjallarhorn or Hawkmoon vs Suros is an actual meaningful and difficult choice. The rest is not even worth a consideration.

I will be pretty much done with the game if they actually nerf those exotics, because they are good in PvE (since Icebreaker and Gjallarhorn are PvE exotics most of all). The game is bullet spongy enough as fucking is.
I agree. Nerfing anything else at this point would just hurt player morale too much.

Just bring up the stuff that's lagging behind (almost everything aside from the top of the list).

zewone

I see this said a lot. How does that make it okay? Yes, it's a client problem, but literally the whole game is co-op and involves shooting things together. Why do praetorians in the portal have this problem?

I didn't say it was okay, I just think it's a bullshit way for a person with a shit connection to blame it on Bungie.

unless the 2 other people in the portal also had a bad connection, and a gjallarhorn rocket doesn't do damage.

relic holder me flies down after a gjallarhorn rockets the praetorian, i smash him, then punch him, someone else is shooting him, has a sliver of health, punch him (should now be dead) hit connects. praetorian teleports to steps with 2/3 health and melee's me to death. 2 other portal team members try firing at him and do no damage.
I have my own personal experiences with the "glitch" and it only occurred while playing with someone with an obvious bad connection. I was forced to play with this individual twice and both times the "glitch" was occurring.

I am in (pause and restart for faster results).

Upgrade marks still there :(
20141117_130051.jpg

Here are the shaders
20141117_130207.jpg

Jester Apogee
Aurora Blur
Provincial Royal
1832-7496-64703388 (ha)
Thunderdevil
Broadsword

rNilla

I think we need to start pushing heavily for a Khvostov 7G-02 buff as a community. Let's get this gun the respect it deserves.

GhaleonEB

Now that is one monster patch list. Wow.

•Fixed an issue in which the Player/Inventory screen would sometimes close during certain parts of the spaceflight sequence
Lots of good stuff in there (my daughter will flip to buy armor shaders), but this one really bugged me. Glad it's (hopefully) fixed. I often do post-activity upgrading and dismantling when en route between destinations and getting kicked from the menu repeatedly was aggravating.

I wasn't expecting such an encompassing update. 0_o

Jinjo

I think we need to start pushing heavily for a Khvostov 7G-02 buff as a community. Let's get this gun the respect it deserves.

It's actually one of the most unique looking assault rifles in the game lol. Shame there is no legendary version since I quite liked the properties of that gun.

rNilla

It's actually one of the most unique looking assault rifles in the game lol. Shame there is no legendary version since I quite liked the properties of that gun.

I'd be pretty psyched if there was a way to bump it up to 320 attack with whatever exotic weapon modifier is coming with the DLC. Or if an exotic version of this gun existed.

Rixa

Thanks Hawkian!

I earlier turned PS4 off due to maintenance. Then you post that you logged in.
*Turns PS4 on
* Turns Vita on
* Remote play on
* Kaboom logged in o_O
\o_
Moaaar Destiny for me :)

Ok the patch keeps getting to 902.5 MB then completely locks up and crashes. Is anyone else experienceing this?

Same thing happened to me at the same download amount. I've reset the PS4 a couple times, paused and restarted a bunch, and retried after it crapped out a few times. Sometimes it resumes fast DL, sometimes nothing. Up to 1.67 GB now but it's been a slog.

I am in (pause and restart for faster results).

Upgrade marks still there :(

*sigh* not sure why I got my hopes up for that one.

Same thing happened to me at the same download amount. I've reset the PS4 a couple times, paused and restarted a bunch, and retried about it crapped out a few times. Sometimes it resumes fast DL, sometimes nothing. Up to 1.67 GB now but it's been a slog.

*sigh* not sure why I got my hopes up for that one.

yep I'm up to 1.03 GB now finally but this has been a nightmare to download. I keep pausing and resuming trying to get fast download again but its back to going incredibly slow.

BreakJohn

I can't get in now, I guess screwed by the PSN vs. Destiny maintenance dance party.

edit: back in! let's check this out a bit

First of all, you're not one of those people :-/ I understand you're ostensibly not complaining on your own behalf here, but it sounds like you're saying YOU can't participate.

Secondly, it's those players I have in mind when I vehemently oppose blind matchmaking for the game's advanced activities, even though I'd never use it myself anyway.

If they included it for the Weekly Heroic, whatever, fine. Some people do want to throw themselves at that wall, or carry the team through the 3-man strike the way I find myself doing this a not-insignificant amount of the time in Tiger Strikes. The Nightfall is borderline; without extreme communication you'll have a number of new groups forming, getting kicked to orbit repeatedly and going to bed thinking the Nightfall is fucking impossible for them to ever beat.

The Raid is an entirely less compelling story. If you're not joining with a group of real friends then setting some basic expectations for the type of raid you're attempting is extremely important to even have a good time with it, let alone succeed. Your experience in joining a raid should have to do with your experience with a raid, which means communicating somehow before showing up at the door to the Vault. Not every is equally patient, nor are people looking to quickly complete content always tolerant of those who have never done it before, and every permutation in between.

An in-game grouping board for Fireteams (as you might find in PSO, Monster Hunter, etc.) is a solution that provides all the same benefits as matchmaking without the many, many potential issues that could arise (and can be seen right now in real-time during Vanguard playlists). This kind of system allows people to specify what they're looking for, and have like-minded people join the fireteam. Not just the kind of content, but the kind of group.

I've played a fuckton of Destiny and a majority of my time has been spent trying to contribute to the game's base in a way that pertains to the kind of player you're talking about. "Those people." The ones in this thread who have the Platinum or lead people in Flawless Raids or have three level 30s would never have needed my guides or my help finishing a level 26 strike to have the coins for their first exotic. They don't need to be led through the Normal raid for the first time; in fact a fair few of them could probably get through it playing with one hand at this point. Don't tell me I oppose matchmaking because I'm "not thinking about the 5 million other people" playing Destiny, I think about those players first because they are where the money comes from and I want this game to succeed.

Anyway, the raid has a number of checkpoints, and doesn't have to all be done in one sitting. Three 90-minute blocks at 3 points during the week would knock it out, or 4 hour long sessions, etc., one of a few differences this raid has to cater to the needs of a more casual playerbase than traditional MMO raids.

Nobody can say it better than hawkian did right here and I agree with this post 100%.
I've been playing monster hunter for about a decade now so I know exactly what you mean.

Rainmaker

Banned
I'm excited about getting Thunderdevil finally. I actually received Broadsword yesterday so that is a bit of a bummer. Some good stuff in the patch but I can't help but think there's more significant stuff to fix first. Hopefully the raid fixes andfixing exotics will come soon enough. I am with the people saying certain exotics should be raised and not nerf others at this point.

Haha, grats.

This is why Destiny is so great. The juice is most certainly worth the squeeze.

Congrats

Haha, Yes!!! Love reading about someone's excitement when they finally get that one piece of gear or the one weapon they've been hoping for.
Thank you my dear friends and brethren. It has been a long and painful journey to get Praxic but at long last, it is mine! I'm going to say this is compensation for giving me a whopping 6 shards for beating Atheon HM. "Oprah Mode" (TM) as I call it will now be enhanced to possibly 12 nades for enemy scum! Time to pound those bounties like a mofo and level it up with the quickness!
I want these feels.

Honestly I should probably feel pathetic for getting as excited as I did about a virtual chest piece but yes, god did it feel good. I thought I'd fall asleep soundly and peacefully but instead I imagined leveling it up and what Oprah Mode will look like. May you get whatever your heart desires soon, Mr. Drake. You have a knack for discovering treasures, after all.

Now I just need Ballerhorn and I will want for nothing (though wouldn't mind a few other things). Until the DLC comes out with awesome stuff, of course ;P The carrot shall ever dangle.

spyder_ur

So did they definitely change the public event times, not just adding new ones? Been waiting for the Walker in the Divide for awhile now.

Omni

Patch isn't downloading for me. What am I supposed to do? (Xbone)

Is it really that hard for developers to test their freaking updates and shit? Last week has been horrendous with Halo, AssCreed and whatever else. Now this is screwy? eeeeeh

Rumor has it that the dead ghosts are no longer falling through the world on spawn.

Is it dumb that I'm actually excited about this?

This means I should break 2500 for grimoire.

Deku Tree

Patch isn't downloading for me. What am I supposed to do? (Xbone)

Is it really that hard for developers to test their freaking updates and shit? Last week has been horrendous with Halo, AssCreed and whatever else. Now this is screwy? eeeeeh

Could be Xbox not Bungie in this case.

X-Frame

Reddit is reporting a stealth nerf to Thorn in PvP, with more initial impact damage but DoT dropped from 7 to 3 for an overall lower damage per bullet.

Can anyone confirm? Is it still a 2 headshot kill?

also new icons for Spinmetal, Helium, Relic Iron and among equipment I have:

New icon for Warlock Queens helmet/chest and the Titan helmet Insurmontable Skullfort.

Omni

I'm guessing the XBL update is tomorrow morning instead of now? as I don't see an update on xbox one.

Well I got notification that my console is downloading something. But it's screwing up

Though I guess it doesn't even say "Destiny". It's just blank. I wonder if it could be something else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom