• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found a stream of someone playing PvP. Just starting up a match on Blind Watch if anyone is interested in seeing the changes.
http://www.twitch.tv/damosth8ed

Okay, so blind watch.
Some windows have been closed that overlooked the old C point. C has been moved furth back behind that small water tank.
A is close to the large water tank that people snipe from.
B has been moved down the smaller steps close to the lobby.
There is a lot more boxes and wall in the main building blocking sight lines.
Including blocking our favorite sniper spot.
A heavy seems to spawn at what used to be the Alpha team spawn location.
Haven't seen C heavy yet.
C heavy just switched to the other side of the same pillar.
I'm assuming to that you can pick it up without being shot at from the lobby
I was wrong about A heavy, it actually spawn in the windmill (what bungie calls it).

Stubo

I can't get the update to pop on Xbox One.

I wanted to do one final hard gatekeepers run for the week to get the rest of the loot on my 3rd class, but I can't trust this now.

spyder_ur

First tiger strike is winter's run. will investigate cheese. did hit a public event to start (plus 10 to 15%)!

What's this? 10-15% what?

Did your public event spawn normally? Walker in the Divide didn't show for me and now the Mothyards event is at least a couple minutes late.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
had a jaunt around on remote to check out the new stuff and score some thunderdevils and I got so many invites and messages and stuff. and hoooly crap this thread is mvoing fast right now. this game just will not die! O_O
Thank you my dear friends and brethren. It has been a long and painful journey to get Praxic but at long last, it is mine! I'm going to say this is compensation for giving me a whopping 6 shards for beating Atheon HM. "Oprah Mode" (TM) as I call it will now be enhanced to possibly 12 nades for enemy scum! Time to pound those bounties like a mofo and level it up with the quickness!
Congrats! Awesome!

In a strange twist I now need to be leveling up my Alpha Lupi with extreme haste due to the combination of stuff I'll need to hit 30 via Iron Banner. Funny and kinda cool how little goals like that keep popping up.

10 bounty slots feels luxuirous.

jaaz

In the category of "Why?": The new icon for the Sunbreaker gauntlets looks like a 5-year old drew it. And I guess you need to cut off at least one of your fingers on each hand to wear it.

10560268_820589621316769_8824754375346420997_o.jpg

noomi

Reddit is reporting a stealth nerf to Thorn in PvP, with more initial impact damage but DoT dropped from 7 to 3 for an overall lower damage per bullet.

Can anyone confirm? Is it still a 2 headshot kill?

WHAT THE HELL!

Reading the same thing, thorn was stealth nerfed to do less damage and the DoT is down to 3 from 7. GG Bungie

E92 M3

Reddit is reporting a stealth nerf to Thorn in PvP, with more initial impact damage but DoT dropped from 7 to 3 for an overall lower damage per bullet.

That'd be horrible - I just started using it lol!

WHAT THE HELL!

Reading the same thing, thorn was stealth nerfed to do less damage and the DoT is down to 3 from 7. GG Bungie

Then they should have also nerfed the TLW

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
will jump in crucible via remote play and get my ass handed to me in the name of science to check out this thorn thing

BondFancy

rlJDHFY.jpg

7ZGwGcX.jpg

I'm done fuck the last word I cannot stand it, every single game I played with it I went utterly negative. TDYK I was going 2:1 to 3:1, I've tried scoping in, I've tried firing from the hip, no matter what I do I can't hit anyone with it...

EL CUCO

Damn it. I was afraid of this happening...not a Thorn nerf, but a stealth nerf.

Jito

Banned
Bungie's priorities are questionable once again, like why are they wasting time changing a ton of artwork for random armour pieces, materials and icons. Some of these new ones look worse as well.

So instead of firing a few rounds into them and walking away to let them die from the poison I now either have to fire an extra shot to straight up kill them or watch them get a sliver away from death and then heal up and continue playing.

What's the point of the DoT then? So one of your teammates can pick them off? How lame.

WHAT THE HELL!

When Bungie says it needs a buff, they really meant nerf.

C'mon Bungie, throw us a bone. It seems like only nerfs get any attention.

LiK

rlJDHFY.jpg

7ZGwGcX.jpg

I'm done fuck the last word I cannot stand it, every single game I played with it I went utterly negative. TDYK I was going 2:1 to 3:1, I've tried scoping in, I've tried firing from the hip, no matter what I do I can't hit anyone with it...

I do okay with it. But use whatever you like. You don't need to use a gun you don't like.

Omni

rlJDHFY.jpg

7ZGwGcX.jpg

Why do you keep that sticker on your Xbox? ^^;

Mupod

This is because I got one last night. You're all welcome.

Trakan

Bungie's priorities are questionable once again, like why are they wasting time changing a ton of artwork for random armour pieces, materials and icons. Some of these new ones look worse as well.

Exactly my thoughts. That and stealth nerfing things as well.

Nerfing Thorn of all things...

My motivation to complete the Thorn Bounty is flatlining now. Kind of relieved actually, was not looking forward to the 500 point Void kill bounty.

Level it up to get the Perfect Balance perk. Remember it can auto fire (ie hold the trigger). Only use it on close quarters maps like Twighlight Gap. Profit.

So, one of the hardest exotic bounties in the game, yeilds an underpowered gun, with one redeming quality, its effectiveness in PvP, and they took it away and didn't even have the decency to tell us to our faces? Fuck off Bungie. Thorn was awesome in PvP, but it had enough shortcomings to not make it OP. It felt like a EXOTIC weapon because it behaved so differently. Thank god they prioritize making things worse before they ever dare buff something.

zewone

You haven't unlocked the Last Word perk.

That's like not unlocking the Pocket Infinity perk on the Pocket Infinity....

Well that would be a bummer. Just got it upgraded to the DoT perk last night before going to bed. Well, at least I got 2 matches out of it before the nerf if true.

LiK

Haha, someone please confirm.

Pickman

Dawww... I was so stoked to get Thunderdevil the other night at random.

Now every tom dick and harry is going to have it. Just a bunch of steel blue camo wearing assholes loitering in the Tower.

Congrats! Awesome!

In a strange twist I now need to be leveling up my Alpha Lupi with extreme haste due to the combination of stuff I'll need to hit 30 via Iron Banner. Funny and kinda cool how little goals like that keep popping up.

10 bounty slots feels luxuirous.

Thanks buddy, did you see my initial post of how I got it? How Rahool made him self look less sinister than Xur yesterday ;)

Yes, I was going to say your new goal is hitting 30 before the next raid ;P I figured you already had an exotic chest leveled and that the Raid helmet is all you needed or is this not the case?

Rubenov

Thorn was one weapon my Suros wasn't having any trouble dealing with.

Hawkmoon users, on the other hand, seem to beat me quite a bit on 1v1 engagements.

I think the lesson learned here for all of is, to never, ever use your share button to upload video of awesome things in Destiny. It will just get popular and then taken away from us.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
mm, very confused by the thorn DoT now. it's still an effective weapon but it's definitely a nerf. I don't get it.
Thanks buddy, did you see my initial post of how I got it? How Rahool made him self look less sinister than Xur yesterday ;)

Yes, I was going to say your new goal is hitting 30 before the next raid ;P I figured you already had an exotic chest leveled and that the Raid helmet is all you needed or is this not the case?
not even close nor do I have raid boots. please don't get your hopes up for 30 by the next raid, heh

Start firing more slowly. Don't hold down the trigger. Go for headshots. The auto fire should only be at extremely close distance with full confidence in you getting the jump on the other player. At least until you get better with it.

Once you get the hang of those precision shots at a slow pace, you can comfortably increase how fast you can fire confidently... results are great.

xXjlbam.png

ycvjeNC.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom