• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! Will do. I just unlocked auto mode. Pretty cool so far, but man, the recoil is sorta making me not like it as much as my Suros. Do the reduced recoil perks help a lot??

It does but nothing is as stable as suros even after they nerved the stability on it

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Does anyone have a guide or a picture of all the locations the templar can teleport to?

I'd really like to learn how to do this legitimately and not push him over an edge.

6 positions he can warp to

The first is the middle where it spawn
Then right behind on above the stairs in the middle, where the middle conflux spawns

Then to the left it can spawn above on the stairs, near the huge double tower/pillar area
It also can spawn on the ledge near the left Oracle that spawns on the stairs, that Pillar to it's left

Right side it spawn at the top of the stairs, near the huge double tower/pillar area
Last one is is the Right side ledge that people protect the Right conflux, but he spawn more closer to the middle step than right conflux area

Don't forget, if you stop him from porting, Minotaurs will spawn

*Splinter

Then right behind on above the stairs in the middle, where the middle conflux spawns

Then to the left it can spawn above on the stairs, near the huge double tower/pillar area
It also can spawn on the ledge near the left Oracle that spawns on the stairs, that Pillar to it's left

Right side it spawn at the top of the stairs, near the huge double tower/pillar area
Last one is is the Right side ledge that people protect the Right conflux, but he spawn more closer to the middle step than right conflux area

5 positions, he doesn't have a 'middle conflux' spawn

Angry Guy

Reposting for the new page and because I really gotta get going here if I wanna get this done today.

Appreciate it, but I've gotta log off at around 6-6:15 east and I'd like to run the whole thing if I can.

So so far it's:

1: Me
2: SoulClap
3: DiscreteCat (?)
4: biggy
5: vibrations
6:

For a Hard Raid starting right away. Anyone else? PSN's PaperDude42.

Still need one more. Any takers?

How many? Like, one per interruption? Or will they keep coming every so many seconds until he gets to teleport?

i really dont feel like doing the entire raid again but if you need help @ the atheon fights im down to hop on my 30 to help
that said if you cant find anyone at all for the raid and need an extra spot i can come

Word. I'd like to do the Atheon checkpoint at a minimum. And maybe just do the hard through the Templar (and get the gorgon chest) on my alt Titan.

First, I need to get through the Nightfall on my new guy before the reset. How's your warlock coming along? Any chance of him being 20 any time soon?

You're the only Guardian Lord who still cares about us. They left us to the Darkness.

Haha I was actually playing with Nami last night, but his PS4 stopped connecting to the internet, so that might still be a problem. I'll save a spot for him just in case. :p

GraveRobberX

What is unlimited chest?
Where does it spawn?
When does it spawn?
What is zone line?

Unlimited chest is a zoning in and out trick
So say you have a chest + node near the boundary of next area you can zone into and out of
You grab node, then chest, get on your sparrow, rush to the zone line where you see the wording has changed to new zone, run back to old location of node/chest, repeat

You accumulate the resource materials + loot faster, but if someone is also farming and opens it while you are zoning in and out, good chance it will be your last time to do so, cause if they open it while you coming in, you have to regular farm till that same set-up happens, and it's really rare it will appear anytime soon the same way

Spawn has to be closest to zone

It spawns on RNG, you just have to do it regular till you do trick, sometimes it's there from the get go, sometimes have to loop till the situation arise so you can do it

Zone line is the empty space which flushes you out to another area of the map
If you trigger it properly, the chest resets itself

Ganhyun

I love playing CoD: AW MP. Majority of my play time has been getting seeped away into it.

Hard to compare both games... In CoD, it is refreshing not to have to grind resources to level up my guns. Plus it is awesome you can actually talk to the team. Even if they dont talk back they can still hear you. In Destiny, all the time I want to yell at randoms not to loot the heavy weapon ammo chest until everyone arrives. But I cant.

It did take awhile to adjust to CoD's art style. Because there is no discernible art style in the MP maps. It's trying to look realistic. So yes, at first CoD would look like ass. Your eyes are not lying to you. And yes, the game moves at 60fps rather than Destiny's 30fps. So its super fast paced.

There's no 'tea bagging' in CoD. When you die in CoD have no worry bout someone rubbing their, um, private parts along your corpse.

The game has a lot of character custimization (sp?). You can unlock lots of cool looking masks. And you won't be forced into a raid to get the best equipment.

Basically pretty much close to a pvper's dream like you'd suspect if you can adjust to the much different 'art style'. Some maps may look much better than others.

The maps do feel like they are made for vertical movement too me. Destiny has so much shitty AoE (nova bomb, rockets, etc) you just feel helpless and mad cause you died to bad map design. You know the feeling, a warlock tosses a nova bomb and you got nowhere to go. There's none of that crap there

So yeah, so far it seems that the pvp is much better in a lot of areas with all the basic features (map voting, voice, etc). CoD fans do complain about spawns and lag. I'm not getting lag so I'm assuming those complaints are coming from PC players are crappy computers. But the spawns might be a bit weird.

edit- I still enjoy Crucible mind you. Mostly because people make me laugh so hard in there. This game has a lot of personality. It's just crazy bare bones and a bit too grindy for pvp focus players

part of the lag thing people are complaining about is the wonky lag compensation system that seems to punish players with excellent connections from what I have been hearing.

Kamina

Golden Boy
How many? Like, one per interruption? Or will they keep coming every so many seconds until he gets to teleport?
They only spawn when he is enraged.
Also the templar can only reach two possible teleport locations from ints initial spawn point, so you dont need to worry about any of the others.

Temujen

Neo Member
Not sure if this easter egg has been mentioned, but one of the Vanguard missions has you collect WIRE wraps and it is called "All in the game" which is a quote from the TV show "The Wire".

Sorry if this has been mentioned before. I played that mission dozens of times and today the connection suddenly clicked in my head.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So i am doing the bad juju and thorn bounty. I hated bungie for forcing me to play pvp to get these bounties. They should understand that there are players that just don't want to do pvp. I started playing pvp on saturday with a void legendary shotgun(the comedian) with i had to buy from a vendor in the game(goodbye 150 vanguard marks :( )and my newly aquired truth from good old Xur.
I was angry(or as the kids now or days say 'salty') that i was forced to do this(play pvp). But after a few hours i actually found myself enjoying it. So i would like to take a moment and give bungie a round of applause for these exotic bounties that force the player to experience the whole game.
In pvp i started out with kill ratio of like .25 then i discovered control(so much fun) now my kill ratio is always above .8 . Thank you bungie for showing me how awesome it feels to shoot people point blank with the comedian :)
this is the spirit of the exotic bounties in a nutshell. I'd have a problem with them or be a lot more sympathetic to the "you shouldn't have to play pvp" if a) it were necessary for anything other than getting a specific weapon, or b) the reward wasn't worthwhile. But it's just that, the price of admission for getting a guaranteed exotic. You want that gun, that's what you gotta do. If it takes you out of your comfort zone in the process, so much the better

GraveRobberX

A ring will get placed in the 5 spots (not 6 apparently), with a red beam going through it, notifying you where he's going to port to, you need a player to inside this area and not let him port

Then 5-10 seconds later the ring/laser beam will move to another location

The Titans Bubble shield can be used to block it from moving, if you drop it on the teleport marker

Greenymac

Looking for some level 30s that need to finish hard mode atheon and pull my 29 hunter through. Went at it with a bunch of 29s and it was just a timesink. I have fully upgraded raid weapons and am an oracle killing machine. Looking to start about 7pm eastern and be finished by 7:30 tops. 29s with good gear are also welcome.
1.greenymac

A ring will get placed in the 5 spots (not 6 apparently), with a red beam going through it, notifying you where he's going to port to, you need a player to inside this area and not let him port

Then 5-10 seconds later the ring/laser beam will move to another location

The Titans Bubble shield can be used to block it from moving, if you drop it on the teleport marker

Where does the minotaur spawn from?

If I'm understanding everyone here correctly. The Templar can only spawn to an adjacent teleport location. This mean that we should only have to defend two points during the whole fight.

So after 15 seconds of trying to teleport, he'll give up and a minotaur will spawn (where?), then he'll pick a new location to try and teleport to.

Is that all correct?

Namikaze1

Just came back from 2 hours of shopping and 3 fucking hours of Interstellar. My head hurts so fucking much. Should've just watch Big Hero 6. Now time for some Destiny.

Looking for some level 30s that need to finish hard mode atheon and pull my 29 hunter through. Went at it with a bunch of 29s and it was just a timesink. I have fully upgraded raid weapons and am an oracle killing machine. Looking to start about 7pm eastern and be finished by 7:30 tops. 29s with good gear are also welcome.
1.greenymac

I'm in. I'd like to run through it with my 29 hunter. Have cleared hard mode, have maxed weapons, etc, etc, blah blah blah

GKW212

Namikaze1

Cooper = Kabr
Murph = Tower
Quantum answer/whatever the movie called it = Us
Humanity's extinction (on Earth) = Athean

Fuck this movie!

Kamina

Golden Boy
If I'm understanding everyone here correctly. The Templar can only spawn to an adjacent teleport location. This mean that we should only have to defend two points during the whole fight.
Yes

So after 15 seconds of trying to teleport, he'll give up and a minotaur will spawn (where?), then he'll pick a new location to try and teleport to.
They will make thier way from the two caves on the far end of the left and right sides.

Steroyd

DeeJ said in a reddit thread that players who do this can be tracked without even being reported. Swift ban hammer for the poor fools.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...heavy_ammo_at_the_start_of_a_crucible/clxl3nb

Well I'm making sure, but it's good to know.

Those are the only teams that could beat us. Stupid cheaters. But even then, our scores weren't that far apart cuz they suck.

Haha same here, you'd think someone with a constant one shot you wouldn't get a look in, but our score was okay, all things considered.

Deku Tree

I hate bug where if your doing a kill bounty and your not standing nearby the player who gets the final kill shot then you don't get the bounty and you have to do the mission over again... happened to me today with the moon strike. I was going for melee kills bounty at the same time as the moon strike bounty and then I had to do the strike twice to get it...

Namikaze1

Dr. Mann = Super Good Advice (people who seen the movie will understand why I went with this)
Members of the Endurance = Kabr's crew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom