• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trakan

txTpcLZ.jpg

Better test your Gjallarhorns/Icebreakers, guys.

mm, very confused by the thorn DoT now. it's still an effective weapon but it's definitely a nerf. I don't get it.

not even close nor do I have raid boots. please don't get your hopes up for 30 by the next raid, heh
Sony rubbing off on them too much.

Live In Your World, Play (How we want you to) In Ours...

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
mm, very confused by the thorn DoT now. it's still an effective weapon but it's definitely a nerf. I don't get it.

not even close nor do I have raid boots. please don't get your hopes up for 30 by the next raid, heh

Eh? What did they do to it?

BondFancy

Why do you keep that sticker on your Xbox? ^^;

What sticker o_O?

I do okay with it. But use whatever you like. You don't need to use a gun you don't like.

Typically that's the rule I follow, but the majority of people say that it's very good in PVP, so I'm trying so very hard to stick with it till the last perk, before I put it in the vault and never look at it again.

Level it up to get the Perfect Balance perk. Remember it can auto fire (ie hold the trigger). Only use it on close quarters maps like Twighlight Gap. Profit.

Really hoping Perfect balance/Last Word makes this gun 100 times better.

Jinjo

In the category of "Why?": The new icon for the Sunbreaker gauntlets looks like a 5-year old drew it. And I guess you need to cut off at least one of your fingers on each hand to wear it.

10560268_820589621316769_8824754375346420997_o.jpg

The fuck man. The Sunbreakers icon looked so awesome too.

Dawww... I was so stoked to get Thunderdevil the other night at random.

Now every tom dick and harry is going to have it. Just a bunch of steel blue camo wearing assholes loitering in the Tower.

Let everyone have everything!! Why does only you having it make you enjoy the game more?

Rarity is a fallacy.

/Hawkian

All the nerfs seem to be happening around PVP. I don't see why they would nerf PVE weapons...but who knows what Bungie is even thinking anymore.

The thing is, I wasn't getting run over in PvP by anyone with Thorn. Seriously baffled why it got a nerf, but the auto-rifle-on-rails Suros didn't.

spyder_ur

Can say with some confidence that the public event schedule has changed, rather than just the frequency Waited for the Walker in Divide at X:10-15, went to the Mothyards at X:30, and back to the Divide for the X:40-45 event. None of them spawned and they have always been pretty reliable. I wonder if it is just random now. I'm not necessarily against that, but they better be common as that was one of the only reliable sources of Ascendants.

BondFancy

Start firing more slowly. Don't hold down the trigger. Go for headshots. The auto fire should only be at extremely close distance with full confidence in you getting the jump on the other player. At least until you get better with it.

Once you get the hang of those precision shots at a slow pace, you can comfortably increase how fast you can fire confidently... results are great.

Would you mind sending me a clip of you using it, very interested to see actual gameplay of it being used effectively?

Jinjo

Lol, so Thorn became even more useless than it already is? It already sucked balls in PvE and now they're nerfing it even more because it was atleast somewhat good in PvP?

Mixing PvP and PvE weapon stats is the dumbest thing ever. It sounded awesome at first, but it just does not work.

Plus, I thought Thorn was one of the weapons at the top of the buff list?

EL CUCO

The thing is, I wasn't getting run over in PvP by anyone with Thorn. Seriously baffled why it got a nerf, but the auto-rifle-on-rails Suros didn't.

Yeah I seriously question the guys play testing this stuff or how they're collecting information. Is there even a section on Bnet were we could request/upvote for certain fixes or additions for Destiny?

Guerilla did this for Killzone and it worked great that way.

matmanx1

honestly the random ass blue one I was using last night was a terror. Maybe because the charge rate was fast? I'll definitely be looking more closely at the rare-quality fusion rifles I find from now on. Pretty sure I've dismantled some of these before and now I want one.

Yeah, for PVP since everything is scaled really only the charge rate matters when looking at fusion rifles. I posted earlier about how I was able to finish the PVP portion of the Thorn bounty by swapping to a low level but fast charge rate fusion rifle in place of the fully upgraded one I was using previously.

LordofPwn

Rumor has it that the dead ghosts are no longer falling through the world on spawn.

Is it dumb that I'm actually excited about this?

This means I should break 2500 for grimoire.

Don't play with my heart. I still need RAS-2 ghost and the one on Mars. Plus a few glitched cards (locations, motes of light, siege dancers?, and the fallen house of wolves maybe.

It is so odd that the majority of balance "fixes" are PvP focused. I wonder if they are getting worried about player activity in PvP or have worrying analytics there because PvE has been all but abandoned. PvP certainly needs some tweaks, but PvE is an essential part of the game that is getting serious neglect and player angst.

Zakalwe

Banned
rlJDHFY.jpg

7ZGwGcX.jpg

I'm done fuck the last word I cannot stand it, every single game I played with it I went utterly negative. TDYK I was going 2:1 to 3:1, I've tried scoping in, I've tried firing from the hip, no matter what I do I can't hit anyone with it...

You need to level it to the stability and the unique upgrade first.

This is how many exotics work, not every one is good at stock values.

Level it up. It's a completely different fun when you do.

-

Great patch. The + symbols no longer appearing on retrieved vaulted gear is my favourite part. :3

patchday

This is funny timing they released the patch. I didn't think they were ever going to bring out Iron Banner due to poor communication on their part.

So last night I uninstalled Destiny. I like the game a lot but there are a lot of things I don't like but won't get into.

However, if Iron Banner is really available soon and I can hit L30 then coo. Not promising if the game will remain installed however.

I was really frustrated with the hard raid. Have yet to beat Atheon legit. I feel this is not right because I play hard and level up all my guns to max (including Ballarhorn). Ultimately, I will still probably not hang on much longer due to the raid lockouts. I have much more fun in Normal but I feel forced into their ridiculous hard mode.

Looking forward to playing new games very soon and reducing my Destiny playtime a bit. But if Iron Banner 2.0 is out then I'd be interested in trying that. Then probably take a step back and reaccess the state of the game

E92 M3

Before we jump to conclusions on the thorn nerf, do you guys think they are increasing the rate of fire, clip size and reload speed in the exotic balancing? I think we will get compensated for this nerf. My money is on a rate of fire increase, at least.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
okay, really gott get back to work, lol

i'm still doing well with it, though two headshots will definitely no longer kill, it kind of feels like the accuracy or damage were buffed? very strange all around.

edit: E92, yes, I sort of feel like this is the tradeoff because of how OP it might have been with whatever buff was promise :/ Not ideal but I can see how it could have been crazy. still, I wonder if it was an accident applying it with this patch or what

First of all, you're not one of those people :-/ I understand you're ostensibly not complaining on your own behalf here, but it sounds like you're saying YOU can't participate.

Secondly, it's those players I have in mind when I vehemently oppose blind matchmaking for the game's advanced activities, even though I'd never use it myself anyway.

A middleground here is matchmaking for 3 person fireteams for the Raid. You have to put together your own group of 3, that way you know some people and they know you, then you get matched with another group.

Matchmaking should always, be optional though for the high level content.

I'll be honest, if it wasn't for DestinyLFG.net I doubt I'd get to raid very much. This thread is already on OT10, and a lot of that is matchmaking posts. It'd be a factor of 10 higher if you had to do all matchmaking and couldn't rely on LFG sites.

Trakan

Yeah I seriously question the guys play testing this stuff or how they're collecting information. Is there even a section on Bnet were we could request/upvote for certain fixes or additions for Destiny?

Guerilla did this for Killzone and it worked great that way.

Letting the community run shit would be almost as bad as letting Bungie run it.

Don't play with my heart. I still need RAS-2 ghost and the one on Mars. Plus a few glitched cards (locations, motes of light, siege dancers?, and the fallen house of wolves maybe.

RAS-2 Ghost and the TV/Subway ghosts have had reported sightings since the update.

Personally, I've never been able to get the one in the dark room of skywatch.

The cards for Motes of Light as well as the planet cards seem to be activating as well on first login.

Hell, I might not even have to try to 2500 at this point, I might be closer to 2600.

Also, House of Wolves is datamined and probably wont be popping up for anyone until dlc2.

matmanx1

I can't believe they nerfed Thorn =( I just got mine last night.

Does anyone know if this is a PVP only nerf or is it also in PVE? I also wonder if this is a pre-emptive damage nerf before they buff something like the magazine size and/or the reload speed.

FyreWulff

It is so odd that the majority of balance "fixes" are PvP focused. I wonder if they are getting worried about player activity in PvP or have worrying analytics there because PvE has been all but abandoned. PvP certainly needs some tweaks, but PvE is an essential part of the game that is getting serious neglect and player angst.

I'm going to assume they're separate teams and so significant updates for PvE and PvP are not going to automatically line up

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
A middleground here is matchmaking for 3 person fireteams for the Raid. You have to put together your own group of 3, that way you know some people and they know you, then you get matched with another group.

Matchmaking should always, be optional though for the high level content.

I'll be honest, if it wasn't for DestinyLFG.net I doubt I'd get to raid very much. This thread is already on OT10, and a lot of that is matchmaking posts. It'd be a factor of 10 higher if you had to do all matchmaking and couldn't rely on LFG sites.
that would be better to blind matchmaking but a grouping board is still just the best solution, it allows for whatever criteria are needed at the will of the group starter.

Mupod

Yeah, for PVP since everything is scaled really only the charge rate matters when looking at fusion rifles. I posted earlier about how I was able to finish the PVP portion of the Thorn bounty by swapping to a low level but fast charge rate fusion rifle in place of the fully upgraded one I was using previously.

I used mine for the Thorn bounty too. Might have been your post that inspired me to try it, regardless the only void weapon I had was that fusion rifle. And I finished that bounty *fast*. Well, the PVP part...PVE part I needed some help.

All that and I find out it might be nerfed before I ever got to use it. Christ.

LiK

Dawww... I was so stoked to get Thunderdevil the other night at random.

Now every tom dick and harry is going to have it. Just a bunch of steel blue camo wearing assholes loitering in the Tower.

It's the new Chatterwhite. People will eventually move on.

Grewitch

I am in (pause and restart for faster results).

Upgrade marks still there :(
20141117_130051.jpg

Here are the shaders
20141117_130207.jpg

Jester Apogee
Aurora Blur
Provincial Royal
1832-7496-64703388 (ha)
Thunderdevil
Broadsword

OH MY GOD! BROADSWORD!! I've been waiting for it to drop for over a month. I can't believe it. Is this real? Is this real life? Finally, after so long.

I just don't know what to say. I needed it before Friday and here it is. I am done, I am finally free. Can't wait to get home and buy it.

Fuck you, Cryptarch. What you won't give, glimmer will buy for me instead.
Thanks for the other legendaries and exotics, though.

Bungie: appreciate the gesture, but it's too little, too late.

Rubenov

This is funny timing they released the patch. I didn't think they were ever going to bring out Iron Banner due to poor communication on their part.

So last night I uninstalled Destiny. I like the game a lot but there are a lot of things I don't like but won't get into.

However, if Iron Banner is really available soon and I can hit L30 then coo. Not promising if the game will remain installed however.

I was really frustrated with the hard raid. Have yet to beat Atheon legit. I feel this is not right because I play hard and level up all my guns to max (including Ballarhorn). Ultimately, I will still probably not hang on much longer due to the raid lockouts. I have much more fun in Normal but I feel forced into their ridiculous hard mode.

Looking forward to playing new games very soon and reducing my Destiny playtime a bit. But if Iron Banner 2.0 is out then I'd be interested in trying that. Then probably take a step back and reaccess the state of the game

What level were you when attempting the hard raid? There's a marked difference from 29 to 30. With Xur selling helmets every week, you can do normal until you get three pieces + the Xur exotic helmet, and you can be 30 before setting foot into a hard raid. That's the way I first did it. Get a couple more 30s and 1-2 more 29s and you should't have any issues beating it.

patchday

Well that sucks Iron Banner 2.0 still not out. Man, I had a lot of gripes with Mass Effect 3 MP but Bioware was WAY faster then these guys. We got weekly patches over there during the year after release and free dlcs. I'm not lying

My favorite part of the patch notes:

Improved patch installation process

I say this as I have to keep reinitializing my patch, as it keeps timing out every 30 seconds. But hey, I keep climbing about 200 megs each time.

Hard Raiders assemble!

I am looking to put a group together to run the Hard Mode Raid on Wednesday November 19th at 7:00pm EST.

Level 29 Hunter and Level 29 Warlock (will be using one of those with maxed out 300 Vision of Confluence, IceBreaker, Corrective Measures, Atheon's Epilogue and more). Would like a mix of half 29s and half 30s.

PS4
Cosmos_Man

Send me a PM and a Friend Request on PSN and I will add your name below as I get interested folks. I will repost this throughout the next couple days as we recruit people.

1. Cosmos_Man (me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom