• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you mind sending me a clip of you using it, very interested to see actual gameplay of it being used effectively?

I should have taken some clips of those games, but I didn't because I didn't do anything AMAZING, just very careful precise playing.

This is the closest I had, though it isn't particularly special. I'll play a few rounds tonight and take some clips to share.

http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=...lson&vid=200b27ca-8b91-4c67-ae02-3adbd8a07663

shem935

Banned
Where's this ledge you speak of?

As you enter the final combat area you will see a ledge to your left and up. You can jump up their and have a pretty substantial view of the entire arena. From there you can safely have three people on the ledge killing adds and the boss. The only adds that can effectively damage you from there are the servitors and boss but the boss doesn't shoot very hard. To take cover you just move to the right and a rock formation shields you from the action.

My favorite part of the patch notes:

I say this as I have to keep reinitializing my patch, as it keeps timing out every 30 seconds. But hey, I keep climbing about 200 megs each time.

Ive been downloading for an hour and a half with non stop issues. Now finally it says the download will finish in 70 seconds and instead crashes over and over and over and over.

This is the worse experience I've ever had patching anything on PS4. Shit is rediculous.

Has anyone actually used Thorn yet since the patch?

If the increased impact makes up for the DoT then it might not be the worst thing ever. Although if that's the case I'm not sure why they'd bother changing anything if the overall damage ends up being the same as before the patch.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I am almost certain it's a preemptive strike to prevent the weapon from being broken with the next balance update.
in all honesty, it easily could have been. I'm also not positive but I think SOMETHING about it was buffed, too- maybe impact or accuracy. They shouldn't have done this piece without the corresponding buff, though, if intentional.
Has anyone actually used Thorn yet since the patch?

If the increased impact makes up for the DoT then it might not be the worst thing ever. Although if that's the case I'm not sure why they'd bother changing anything if the overall damage ends up being the same as before the patch.
Yes, I have. So there is increased impact?

Trakan

Wait, what?

I just read that Thorn's base damage in PvP was reduced from 76 for a head shot to 58 as well?

Jesus Christ.

EL CUCO

okay, really gott get back to work, lol

i'm still doing well with it, though two headshots will definitely no longer kill, it kind of feels like the accuracy or damage were buffed? very strange all around.

Pffff I can't get any work done while knowing Bungie STEALTH nerfed my Thorn!

w2HtPDJ.jpg

Hoodbury

I am almost certain it's a preemptive strike to prevent the weapon from being broken with the next balance update.

They might as well remove the DoT and give it something else for a perk then. A 3 point tick isn't going to do anything. Most of the time I used it before and the 7 point tick didn't finish off people either. It's an even more worthless DoT now.

Deku Tree

It almost seems like all the guns in the game were designed initially with PvE in mind,
and they only did limited internal play testing with their commando players that work for Bungie,
and now they are doing all these gut reaction nerfs every time enough players whine on Bungies forums about unfair PvP.

Thorn got a motherfucking nerf?!?! Are you actually shitting me Bungie?!

It's a gun that was to be buffed not Nerfed.

Jesus Christ do they honestly have a clue what the hell they are doing?

It was a 7 DMG tick. Such bullshit. They'd be as well removing the perk now as its doing next to nothing anyway.

Jinjo

So another in the category of useless additions: whenever going to the left or right side of the tower a green waypoint marker will light up pointing back to the central. Except there is no stuff to collect or redeem. Annoying as fuck.

Axoman

A middleground here is matchmaking for 3 person fireteams for the Raid. You have to put together your own group of 3, that way you know some people and they know you, then you get matched with another group.

Matchmaking should always, be optional though for the high level content.

That's a great idea.

Hoodbury

So another in the category of useless additions: whenever going to the left or right side of the tower a green waypoint marker will light up pointing back to the central. Except there is no stuff to collect or redeem. Annoying as fuck.

Heh, were people getting lost or something? It's not that big of a hub area.

They might as well remove the DoT and give it something else for a perk then. A 3 point tick isn't going to do anything. Most of the time I used it before and the 7 point tick didn't finish off people either. It's an even more worthless DoT now.

Unless the added impact makes up enough of a damage difference to where 3 points would finish them off.

patchday

What level were you when attempting the hard raid? There's a marked difference from 29 to 30. With Xur selling helmets every week, you can do normal until you get three pieces + the Xur exotic helmet, and you can be 30 before setting foot into a hard raid. That's the way I first did it. Get a couple more 30s and 1-2 more 29s and you should't have any issues beating it.

Sunday afternoon we has 2 L30s and 4 L29s. We started at HM gatekeepers and that took quite awhile. Some people gave up and we went back to GK with 3 L30s and 3 L29s. Finally got past GKs. Coo, now we're at HM Atheon. We made too many mistakes I am sure but saw the game glitch quite a bit as well. Like those supllicants came through the portal and killed relic holder. only 2 people getting teleport because a guy died right before

One of the L29s didnt even have maxed weapons. So whenever they got ported to Oracles they couldnt kill shit fast enough. dont know why they let that L29 into the group but whatevs

I was on my L29 defender titan with a maxed subclass + all maxed weapons (VoC, Ballarhorn, praydeth's sniper). But man I'm not enjoying HM raid. These mobs make me feel like anything but a tank. When I enter the portal to help killa gatekeeper all I can do is fire off 2 rockets and then exit the portal leaving the L30 to fend for themselves lol

Thanks guys for listening to my sob stories. I realize I should obviously just stick to Normal. But RNG is being a bitch and only drops chest pieces.

Fuck cant take this shit anymore I guess

Great game tho. Cant take that away from it. But its burning up too much of my free time

Rubenov

lol did people actually get lost in the tower? the fuck?

Haybro

As you enter the final combat area you will see a ledge to your left and up. You can jump up their and have a pretty substantial view of the entire arena. From there you can safely have three people on the ledge killing adds and the boss. The only adds that can effectively damage you from there are the servitors and boss but the boss doesn't shoot very hard. To take cover you just move to the right and a rock formation shields you from the action.

Thanks. I still need to run NF on an alt, so I'll give this a shot.

Heh, were people getting lost or something? It's not that big of a hub area.

lol did people actually get lost in the tower? the fuck?

Ahaha thanks Bungie, was really struggling finding my way around The Tower.

jaaz

On the plus side, it seems like they fixed Ice Breaker's spontaneous combustion perk. It looks like it procs all the time now, and has a nice explosive blast:

(Sorry for the bad picture--the recoil from the IB makes taking a decent picture really hard)

10697256_820603467982051_1307042169644066305_o.jpg

E92 M3

I thought they were supposed to buff it and Bad JuJu and they just nerfed it?

They are still buffing it with all of the other exotics. Unfortunately, we do not know when.

in all honesty, it easily could have been. I'm also not positive but I think SOMETHING about it was buffed, too- maybe impact or accuracy. They shouldn't have done this piece without the corresponding buff, though, if intentional.

Yes, I have. So there is increased impact?

I hope to see another patch soon.

If they increase rate of fire and clip size then 3 points will be enough.

Lol - did I give Bungie too much credit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom