• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pickman

If you look at the top of the pic it says decrypt engram, not acquire engram. Those are someone's drops, not the stuff you can buy (that's under "acquire"). Someone was just trolling.

Nope, I just logged into the Destiny app and it's showing the exact same thing for me. Just something wonky with the app data right now, apparently. Dude wasn't trolling, just checked the update via their phone app.

jaaz

Oh, it looks like the warlock infinite fireborn (revive) glitch has been fixed. Now switching away from the fireborn perk doesn't kick-in until you are revived. So when you press L1 and R1, you use up your super and revive.

LordofPwn

But on the plus side, his ranking icon seems to have gotten a refresh! So you can better see how close you are to your next pair of blues:

1504186_820610174648047_976782768475614994_o.jpg

I have been forsaken. Stupid app needs to fix itself. though i bet he will be able to sell higher engrams in a coming patch would fit with what DeeJ was hinting at.

CREMSteve

Someone who knows what the hell they are doing need to invite me for a HM Atheon fight. I'm tired of random groups playing for hours and wiping. :(

Pls invite me.

StrykerIsland
30 Titan
Maxed everything

Oh, it looks like the warlock infinite fireborn (revive) glitch has been fixed. Now switching away from the fireborn perk doesn't kick-in until you are revived. So when you press L1 and R1, you use up your super and revive.

Was wondering about this, good to hear.

Mindlog

They might as well remove the DoT and give it something else for a perk then. A 3 point tick isn't going to do anything. Most of the time I used it before and the 7 point tick didn't finish off people either. It's an even more worthless DoT now.
3 point tick, but double the time. Block regen and keep the enemy hiding behind cover would be a neat mechanic change.

Bigger clip and RoF of course.

Jinjo

Nope, I just logged into the Destiny app and it's showing the exact same thing for me. Just something wonky with the app data right now, apparently. Dude wasn't trolling, just checked the update via their phone app.

Ow okay, something weird going on then. Engrams under decrypt engram are the ones you can decrypt though. It's only showing a blue for me which I just picked up. Maybe that's why there was a fake green marker in the tower?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Does the DOT nerf also effect the burning effect on the Solar grenades?
yeah i'm thinking along the same lines, wish I could just poke and prod at this patch all afternoon instead of working, lol
3 point tick, but double the time. Block regen and keep the enemy hiding behind cover would be a neat mechanic change.

Bigger clip and RoF of course.

RoF on Thorn should not be touched. Maybe you mean reload speed?

realcZk

Good news that the Thorn nerf is NOT working as intended.

Still, this means it'll have to be vaulted until the changes are undone or it receives its long awaited buff.

Oh yeah sure, they'll fix it in two or three months.... I'll be really disappointed if it takes a while.

LordofPwn

If you look at the top of the pic it says decrypt engram, not acquire engram. Those are someone's drops, not the stuff you can buy (that's under "acquire"). Someone was just trolling.

those werent drops. i went into the tower on the app, clicked cryptarch and those popped up. took a screenshot.

EL CUCO

Someone who knows what the hell they are doing need to invite me for a HM Atheon fight. I'm tired of random groups playing for hours and wiping. :(

Pls invite me.

StrykerIsland
30 Titan
Maxed everything

Deku, MADGAME and I putting a weekly HM group of mostly 30's together for Thur nights 9:30pm est. We can add you if you're interested.

X-Frame

Apparently The Last Word though has also been nerfed by 25-30% or so:

73 / 49 Headshot and Body Damage before

54 / 32 Headshot and Body Damage today. Wow.

30 minutes. Just staring at this exact same download percentage with it just occasionally crashing.

So jealous of those of you had a smooth download. Been 2 hours for me.

I feel your pain. I was stuck between 2.14 and 2.39 for a looong time. It would go up, then drop back 0.1 GB, then increase again, then etc... Just finally finished and in the tower now, hope you finish soon as well.

E92 M3

Thorn got nerfed? I thought we were all on the same page that if anything, it needed to be buffed.

It was an "accident" and should be corrected when it's buffed. I think some of Bungie's patches are getting crossed lol. Hopefully the Thorn accident doesn't delay anything further. It sucks that every weapon I fall in love with gets nerfed lol.

Well thank god all of the hand cannons are being nerfed seeing as they're some of the few weapons that seem to require skill. Meanwhile auto rifles still magnetize to people's heads and you can basically run around most maps with your eyes closed and get fusion rifle kills.

Deku Tree

Deku, MADGAME and I putting a weekly HM group of mostly 30's together for Thur nights 9:30pm est. We can add you if you're interested.

We are full now unless someone drops out. Are both of your friends in for certain? Because I already secured three other people.

CREMSteve

Sure, sounds good. I'll just have to adjust my work travel schedule so I'm home on Thursday nights. Starting this week?

EL CUCO

Man the stealth nerfs are repulsive

We are full now unless someone drops out.

Ahh alright.
Sure, sounds good. I'll just have to adjust my work travel schedule so I'm home on Thursday nights. Starting this week?

My bad. Looks like we found a 6th but I'll add you anyways incase somebody can't make it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thorn got nerfed? I thought we were all on the same page that if anything, it needed to be buffed.
There's your page, and then there's Bungie's page.
I actually no longer thought it needed a buff for PvP but could use something for PvE.

Did you notice a huge difference with Thorn when you used it?
honestly I was playing on remote play, it wasn't a fair test in that regard, though I think I still came in second. It was definitely noticeable that 2 headshots didn't just let me wait out the DoT for a kill, however I also felt like it was easier to get kills from 2 or 3 shots. Hard to explain I guess, but overall it felt like a nerf, though not one that made it useless. Just really weird more than anything.

LiK

HCs being secretly nerfed? This is what happens when more people use them.

Time for Xur to sell FRs so they can be nerfed too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom