• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the patch gone up for Xbox One yet?

It's downloading on my PS4, but the Xbox One seems to launch without any update.

I wantz those new shaders! :D

Gordon

What I'm most excited about in the patch:
Fixed an issue in which the Player/Inventory screen would sometimes close during certain parts of the spaceflight sequence

What I'm least excited about: nerfing my hand cannons!
C'mon I literally JUST got these - TLW from Xur (and I just got it levelled up to perfect balance) and I just finished my Thorn bounty last night. So what did they do to Thorn? Has anybody started compiling a version of the patch notes that includes the stealth nerfs? lol
Oh Bungie. I never know what to expect from you guys.

Zakalwe

Banned
PSA

TLW is hitting for the /exact/ same values in both pve and pvp as it was pre patch.

I have all values recorded on my youtube account. They match perfectly. Go to the same areas and try for yourself.

For example: Pvp hip head shot is 111, same as pre patch.

You shouldn't get in a panic before you test these things yourself

Edit: fixed link

Angry Guy

[CHARGE] *PEWPEWPEW* is now [CHARGE]*PEW* ... *PEW* ... *PEW*

https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/534436243396771840

"If you're noticing Exotics behaving differently, the changes are unintentional. The Weekly Update will cover incoming Exotic tuning."

Hopefully that's another snafu, or faulty information?

I would really like it if all the Exotics would stop getting slowly, progressively bitch-slapped into normal weapons.

Doubt it, though. The writing on the wall seems to say that some of the Exotic tweaks are just peeking in. And it says...more nerfs. Man.

Balance upward, guys! I've been screaming for years that you don't nerf things, you make everything equally badass!

I'm glad that Last Word is still okay, though. I've been wanting that since launch and if it got sucker-punched before I can even upgrade it I would be...upset.

Jito

Banned
What a bunch of asshats, how the hell do you manage to unintentionally nerf a bunch of exotics? Well at least it forced them to say we're getting info on exotics this weekly update, see how hard is it to keep people informed for once Bungie?

Zakalwe

Banned
I would go and test all the guns you think are nerfed. Saying "it feels like a nerf" then getting all upset is not good science.

What in the fliying fuck, weeks wanting The Last Word and drooling everytime anybody got one, i finally get one thanks to Xur, played and grinded experience this weekend to the point of exhaustion to get the gun leveled up, and the next day, it gets nerfed? fuck you bungie.

Just tested Thorn right now, that´s the weapon that i was upgrading, the nerf is quite obvious, the lingering damage is way lower, now the gun pierces through targets, but who gives a fuck about that.

Jesus, i´m really mad right now.

Edit: So the nerf hits all the handcannons? what do they want exactly? everybody playing suros?

PSA

TLW is hitting for the /exact/ same values in both pve and pvp as it was pre patch.

I have all values recorded on my youtube account. They match perfectly. Go to the same areas and try for yourself.

You shouldn't get in a panic before you test these things yourself.

Link is broken

Jito

Banned
I got 5 in an hour.

I saw a few just then but still no more than I would in a normal patrol run, still had to use the destiny event tracker to actually find them as well. What's your secret?

Edit: really I was hoping when they said more chances of events they'd add a system in to indicate an event coming that doesn't require using an external app. Too much to ask for from Bungie though, they want us to use that site seeing as they're promoting it on Twitter with the patch.

X-Frame

PSA

You shouldn't get in a panic before you test these things yourself

Edit: fixed link

Thank you for your testing!

What I was advocating for, an in-game grouping tool/fireteam listing board would benefit you in all the ways you've mentione. I hope it didn't seem like I was saying Bungie should not take any action to assist players like you in getting groups for their content. I want such a tool added very badly.
Something like that could make The Tower a more useful tool than just to visit Rahool and the bounty tracker. Go to the tower, look at a board that shows you people wanting to do whatever high-level mission or raid, it would be far more beneficial than to spam whoever is at the tower "Play Destiny!" invites.

So The Last Word remains the same, thank god, i was almost panicking, i do not like to see my time wasted.

Now, that Thorn "accidental" nerf...fix this shit guerri...er bungie

Hard Raiders assemble!

I am looking to put a group together to run the Hard Mode Raid on Wednesday November 19th at 7:00pm EST.

Level 29 Hunter and Level 29 Warlock (will be using one of those with maxed out 300 Vision of Confluence, IceBreaker, Corrective Measures, Atheon's Epilogue and more). Would like a mix of half 29s and half 30s.

PS4
Cosmos_Man

Send me a PM and a Friend Request on PSN and I will add your name below as I get interested folks. I will repost this throughout the next couple days as we recruit people.

1. Cosmos_Man (me)

Thread is moving fast! Quoting for new page.

Namikaze1

Yea, I know all the cheese locations from different guys I played with including your method. Heh
I personally like it a bit more than the one they just fixed as you get a clear shot of the priest and if you situate yourself just right, you don't get hit at all by enemies.

The spot is even better for Defenders and Sunsingers.

I hope the 3 man fire team buff for strikes out weighs the solo nerf. It was definitely way faster to solo NF before and then just bring in friends for the kill. We would do party team chat so I could at least talk to them while I was soloing but it is much more fun to have a full team in NF, but it was way too slow. Everything was a fucking bullet sponge.

LiK

Welp, they weren't kiddin about the public event frequency. I'm drowning in them.

I might be one of the few who doesn't care for the pub events. I don't need the sky to keep going dark. Oh well, I guess some people like them.

I am pretty sure the Weekly Update is the write up that's moved to Thursdays. I hope you you're right though.

I'm not familiar with his write ups but instead of getting fixes this week we're just going to get a write up of him addressing the things they screwed up? I'm really having a tough time sticking with this game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom