• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
RNGeezus wants me to use Fusion Rifles more. Got Plan C and Wizard 77 bequeathed to me last night on Tiger Strikes, one right after another. I now officially have more Exotic weapons than I know what to do with:

- MIDA Multi-Tool
- Monte Carlo

- Ice Breaker
- Invective
- Patience and Time
- Plan C
- Pocket Infinity

- Truth

and I still have the last part of Bad JuJu to (eventually) work on.

I'd almost take a hit to armor if it meant I could carry more than one exotic at a time.

patchday

Looking for some level 30s that need to finish hard mode atheon and pull my 29 hunter through. Went at it with a bunch of 29s and it was just a timesink. I have fully upgraded raid weapons and am an oracle killing machine. Looking to start about 7pm eastern and be finished by 7:30 tops. 29s with good gear are also welcome.
1.greenymac

psn sandboxgod. Could bring my L29 titan. Has a few max weapons

I love playing CoD: AW MP. Majority of my play time has been getting seeped away into it.

Hard to compare both games... In CoD, it is refreshing not to have to grind resources to level up my guns. Plus it is awesome you can actually talk to the team. Even if they dont talk back they can still hear you. In Destiny, all the time I want to yell at randoms not to loot the heavy weapon ammo chest until everyone arrives. But I cant.

It did take awhile to adjust to CoD's art style. Because there is no discernible art style in the MP maps. It's trying to look realistic. So yes, at first CoD would look like ass. Your eyes are not lying to you. And yes, the game moves at 60fps rather than Destiny's 30fps. So its super fast paced.

There's no 'tea bagging' in CoD. When you die in CoD have no worry bout someone rubbing their, um, private parts along your corpse.

The game has a lot of character custimization (sp?). You can unlock lots of cool looking masks. And you won't be forced into a raid to get the best equipment.

Basically pretty much close to a pvper's dream like you'd suspect if you can adjust to the much different 'art style'. Some maps may look much better than others.

The maps do feel like they are made for vertical movement too me. Destiny has so much shitty AoE (nova bomb, rockets, etc) you just feel helpless and mad cause you died to bad map design. You know the feeling, a warlock tosses a nova bomb and you got nowhere to go. There's none of that crap there

So yeah, so far it seems that the pvp is much better in a lot of areas with all the basic features (map voting, voice, etc). CoD fans do complain about spawns and lag. I'm not getting lag so I'm assuming those complaints are coming from PC players are crappy computers. But the spawns might be a bit weird.

edit- I still enjoy Crucible mind you. Mostly because people make me laugh so hard in there. This game has a lot of personality. It's just crazy bare bones and a bit too grindy for pvp focus players

Thanks for so much detail. I'm not a big PvP guy, so Destiny is scratching the itch. That said, after seeing the less detailed COD, and then the Halo 5 Tron looking map, I feel like Destiny could use a couple of maps that aren't so cluttered with scenery. It looks great, but I wonder if it would play better if it were a bit more sparse? Ultimately I'd love a map like Valhalla from Halo 3, and if there are graphical limitations keeping that from happening, I'm okay with the art not being as detailed. A Tron like art style may be awesome for something like that.

NastyBook

Please don't spoil Interstellar for me.
Right? I already know I'm gonna hate Professor Brand now as soon as I see him. LOL

Also, will anybody being doing a HM Raid later on tonight? I beat Atheon on HM earlier last week, but I'd like to do the Templar and Oracles before the reset. Grab some shards or maybe another Raid weapon.

29 Defender Titan with maxed AE and IB.

patchday

Have you finished the hard raid before? I hate to be selective but I dont have time to waste on this shit again. I want to be done quickly.

nope (just a bunch of normal clears even as relic holder). by all means grab a L30 if you can. Hope you get good loot yo!!

I usually only stick to normal mode myself for some easy clears

Namikaze1

yeah seriously doon't veer into interstellar spoilers

or else I spoil big hero 6 for all of you!!!!
Villain is defeated. The end. Oh, and Thanos is in all the movies. :p

I haven't seen Big Hero 6. And it's not part of the Marvel Universe so that Thanos thing is not a spoiler.

purg3

slept with Malkin
fuck this rng lol. Solo'd 2 nightfalls and got light/beware and 6 coins. Did 2 weekly's after that and got a legendary engram drop which was 2 energies and a vanguard package that was another light/beware...

OT title explanation I mean.

It's in reference to a bungie update where they said things are working as intended, when in fact things are broken still in many ways and they continue to break things with subsequent updates that are supposed to fix things to work as intended.

Looking for some level 30s that need to finish hard mode atheon and pull my 29 hunter through. Went at it with a bunch of 29s and it was just a timesink. I have fully upgraded raid weapons and am an oracle killing machine. Looking to start about 7pm eastern and be finished by 7:30 tops. 29s with good gear are also welcome.
1.greenymac

I'm a lvl 30 Hunter, maxed weapons, but no hard mode experience. I'll be on by then if you'll have me.

PSN: Dr_LawyerCop

RNGeezus wants me to use Fusion Rifles more. Got Plan C and Wizard 77 bequeathed to me last night on Tiger Strikes, one right after another. I now officially have more Exotic weapons than I know what to do with:

- MIDA Multi-Tool
- Monte Carlo

- Ice Breaker
- Invective
- Patience and Time
- Plan C
- Pocket Infinity

- Truth

and I still have the last part of Bad JuJu to (eventually) work on.

I'd almost take a hit to armor if it meant I could carry more than one exotic at a time.

I'll take that Multitool off your hands. :D

I only have:

Vex Mythoclast
Suros Regime
HardLight
Bad Juju

Plan C
Pocket Infinity
Invective
Patience and Time

No super weapons yet.

I really want the Multitool or VoC. Like, really badly, lol. I still use my 300 Vanguard Scout Rifle more than any of the exotics or Raid weapons (Aetheon's Epilogue and Praedyth's revenge). I want a damn exotic or raid Scout rifle!

Greenymac

nope (just a bunch of normal clears even as relic holder). by all means grab a L30 if you can. Hope you get good loot yo!!

I usually only stick to normal mode myself for some easy clears

Thanks for understanding bro. I need people with hard raid experience...

Namikaze1

Fucking movie is making me think. I hate thinking.

Goddammit, Bungie! This is what happens when your game barely has a story and you have people like me coming up with crazy theories!

Deku Tree

So I bought Sunbreakers from Xur on Friday morning thinking I wouldn't use them for a while because who knows when I'll come across a RAID helmet so I can dump one of my three exotic warlock helmets.

Then MADGAME got me into this 2x Hard Raid marathon on Friday night with my two 30 locks, and on the second Atheon kill I got the Raid helmet... now my raid helmet and my sunbreakers have full experience and I have tons of shards but I still need about 60 spirit bloom to get to 30 with this equipment...

then after I left that 2x Hard Raid party I took my level 27 titan into an normal Atheon battle with a different crew and I got VoC, which is now fully leveled to the max too. by that time it was 3am and I was wondering what happened to my night. it was a good Destiny night.

So i am doing the bad juju and thorn bounty. I hated bungie for forcing me to play pvp to get these bounties. They should understand that there are players that just don't want to do pvp. I started playing pvp on saturday with a void legendary shotgun(the comedian) with i had to buy from a vendor in the game(goodbye 150 vanguard marks :( )and my newly aquired truth from good old Xur.
I was angry(or as the kids now or days say 'salty') that i was forced to do this(play pvp). But after a few hours i actually found myself enjoying it. So i would like to take a moment and give bungie a round of applause for these exotic bounties that force the player to experience the whole game.
In pvp i started out with kill ratio of like .25 then i discovered control(so much fun) now my kill ratio is always above .8 . Thank you bungie for showing me how awesome it feels to shoot people point blank with the comedian :)

Ok I also hated pvp and then had to play 8 hours of it to get Invective. I still hate pvp and I'd like to take a moment to tell Bungie to never fucking do this to me again. Please. I am on the ground and I am begging. Never again.

Steroyd

I need OT explanation for someone who hasn't played this game in a month

Bungie updates to "fix" something that no-one wanted fixing in the Atheon encounter, only further exacerbates the REAL glitches that were already there and made said glitches even worse. But hey it's now teleporting 3 random people as intended.

We might need the doctor back too. You know who you are.

Lol, as always I will be happy to help run it but also will jump out if there are new people who need the trophy.

PS4 3 Hard Raids at Reset (also 3 NFs and 3 Weeklies for the real crazies)

1.) Me
2.) Cyborg
3.) Steroyd
4.) Casmith
5.) YvenUp
6.) Kauaiboy (non-gaffer friend)

If anyone wants to be an alternate in case someone drops, or if anyone needs to drop now, just let me know. Let's see how fast we can bust out 3 hard raids...

Jito

Banned
Fucking hell guys stop talking about interstellar in here, go to the OT for it. Do you not care you're potentially ruining the movie for people?

Damn I never actually looked closely at the faction vendors before - Dead Orbit has exactly the stats I want for my warlock. For sunsinger at least. I guess I'll hit rank 2 vanguard then buy the DO armband.

What bugs me most about Destiny is that you can't hit level 30 without raid gear/exotic. Some of the faction armor is beautiful but is absolutely worthless if you intend on hitting 30

Namikaze1

Destiny ruined Interstellar for me. :(

Agents-of-SHIELD-Season-1-Finale-Coulson-Writing-on-Wall.jpg

Just replace the writing on the wall with crazy Vault/Kabr theories and that's me at the moment.

Greenymac

Lol, as always I will be happy to help run it but also will jump out if there are new people who need the trophy.

1.) Me
2.) Cyborg
3.) Steroyd
4.) Casmith
5.) YvenUp

If anyone wants to be an alternate in case someone drops, or if anyone needs to drop now, just let me know. Let's see how fast we can bust out 3 hard raids...

I want in on this Drizzay. i took the whole day off work tomorrow to run reset shit. Let me know if anyone drops out. Ill be online by 7am eastern time. DEDICATION.

I want in on this Drizzay. i took the whole day off work tomorrow to run reset shit. Let me know if anyone drops out. Ill be online by 7am eastern time. DEDICATION.

Haha nice. Hopefully we will be done with 3 hard raids by 7am but that's probably too optimistic.

Edit: But I will still run hard raids with you tomorrow morning either way.

Btw I saw that you got the FBringer, that's awesome dude! Probably my second favorite weapon after GHorn.

Heel

Have the hard Atheon checkpoint on PS4. Any level 30s want to knock it out? Need 4 more. Reply with PSN ID. Thanks.

Deku Tree

1.) Me
2.) Cyborg
3.) Steroyd
4.) Casmith
5.) YvenUp

How much time does all that 3x everything usually take your crew?

patchday

Thanks for so much detail. I'm not a big PvP guy, so Destiny is scratching the itch. That said, after seeing the less detailed COD, and then the Halo 5 Tron looking map, I feel like Destiny could use a couple of maps that aren't so cluttered with scenery. It looks great, but I wonder if it would play better if it were a bit more sparse? Ultimately I'd love a map like Valhalla from Halo 3, and if there are graphical limitations keeping that from happening, I'm okay with the art not being as detailed. A Tron like art style may be awesome for something like that.

Yeah the CoD maps don't have a bunch of clutter like Destiny's maps. Destiny looks superb I give it that- but the maps are so cluttered all the time I get caught on a snag (when trying to escape all this AoE) and get killed. It's like the Art team got carried away adding all these pointless rocks, crates, & pipes. It looks great but totally interrupts the flow in Crucible. And you'll find most maps don't have any walls to block you in. All the time I see people fall to their death due to a cliff being behind us.
Yeah I miss Halo that was my baby. It had so many features- map voting, voice communication, ability to review any match from any angle, private matches, etc. Might have to breakdown and get an X1...

Namikaze1

Instead of playing right now, I'm reading a bunch of Vault related Grimoire cards. Some really interesting stuff are in there. Learning some new things I didn't know about before.

1.) Me
2.) Cyborg
3.) Steroyd
4.) Casmith
5.) YvenUp

I'm in for all 3 in case anyone drops out.

Btw are you able to help my 24 titan through normal raid before reset?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom