• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manp

YXu6agO.jpg

I couldn't resist.

poor little thing :D

Any experienced level 29/30 players want to go through the gatekeeper and possibly even Atheon on hard nowish?

I have the checkpoint and would like to try get the loot on my level 29 hunter alt.

I have maxed fate bringer, vision, ice breaker, corrective measure, truth etc etc.

Let me know bros.

PSN: MandrakeUK

I'll help out

Pickman

Fusion rifles are always popular in Crucible and all, but holy shit, I'm like the only one in every match I've played today who wasn't using one.

I'm a fan, but really it's just to complete the Thorn bounty. I usually don't play a ton of PvP, and stick to FR for my quick burn on void shields in VoG.

Heel

Any experienced level 29/30 players want to go through the gatekeeper and possibly even Atheon on hard nowish?

I have the checkpoint and would like to try get the loot on my level 29 hunter alt.

I have maxed fate bringer, vision, ice breaker, corrective measure, truth etc etc.

Let me know bros.

PSN: MandrakeUK

Sent. Two GAFers ready

When i did flawless last week it wasn't so bad. Hard mode is broken though for sure, i'd consider it alpha level.

You probably had a lucky run.

Flawless is definitely the most bugged part of the raid by a long, long way.

To be fair, I was in that run and was steering everyone away from the glitches as much as possible. It took many frustrating runs to figure out details about so many glitches and how to counteract them. It doesn't seem bad when all the kinks were already worked out. Hard mode can have some really glitchy detain shields but otherwise isn't more broken than normal. Flawless has the most unique glitches.

LordofPwn

What's the giant ass update for?

I could look it up myself, but lazy.

Basically nerfing but not really nerfing everything, minor visual tweaks, and some small but much needed fixes but that still needed to wait until after fixing [insert complaint here], things are broken other things fixed. lots of people upset/confused due to rumors and miscommunication.

Ambitious

Destiny Update adds 35 Activities, 7 Activity types, 230 Items!

The new destiny updates brings new stuff to the database! This includes 35 new Activities, mostly related to the upcoming DLC. 7 new Activity Types and around 230 new items!

New Activities
Activities include new story missions, strikes, raids, crucible playlists, etc.

The Timekeeper
The Dark Below
Thieves' Den
Skyshock
Dead Sectors
Executor's Challenge
Ritual of Sacrifice
Exodus Blue
Hardcore Skirmish
Hardcore Rumble
First Light
Hardcore Salvage
Fist of Crota
Widow's Court
The Grand Arena
Black Shield
Doubles Skirmish
Eternal War
Iron Banner
Inferno Control
Eternal War
Bastion
Ancient Relics
Blind Watch
Inferno Clash

New Activity Types
Inferno Control PVP_DOM_HARDCORE
Iron Banner PVP_PLAYLIST_IRON_BANNER_DM_TEAM_LARGE
Inferno Salvage PVP_LOCK_HARDCORE
Inferno Rumble PVP_FFA_HARDCORE
Inferno Clash PVP_TEAM_HARDCORE
Inferno Skirmish PVP_3V3_HARDCORE
Quest QUEST

New Exotic Items

Scout Rifle
347 Vesta Dynasty - A Reef scout hunts for years, fighting piracy and ancient traps, to crack one cache and claim the weapons within.

Shotgun
Sweet Business - Chching! Chching! Chching! Chching!
Lord of Wolves - By this right alone I rule.

Auto Rifle
Necrochasm - "Cursebringer" Precision kills with this weapon frequently trigger a Cursed Thrall explosion.

Sniper Rifle
No Land Beyond - "The Master" Increased precision damage. Kills briefly increase damage against next target.

Rocket Launcher
Dragon's Breath - "Pyromancer" Rounds fired from this weapon leave a Solar Flare upon detonation.

Helmets
ATS/8 ARACHNID - Advanced tactical sensorium. Induced hallucinations integrate broad-spectrum targeting data.
The Glasshouse - Everything is luminous.
The Ram - ...PRAISE ME...
Obisidian Mind - Power from the ash.
Eternal Warrior - Absolute, unflinching resolve.
ExoTac Angel Hunter - Built from a Golden Age combat pilot sensorium, it orients the brain during sharp maneuvers.

Chest
Starfire Protocol - 13.4 billion years ago, the first stars kindled out of darkness, seeding the future of all life.
Purifier Robes - "Fire is the breaking of bonds. Fire is freedom. We must be swift and thorough in our liberation..."

Gauntlets
Claws of Ahamkara - Look at all this life, oh bearer mine. There is so much left to burn...
Ruin Wings - In the Garden grows a tree of silver wings. The leaves are ruin, the bark disaster. Of the seeds we do not speak.
Don't Touch Me - Amputated from a creature that stumbled out of a Vex gate. A vestigial defensive reflex still remains.
Nothing Manacles - The equations balance thus: you are diminished, and I am exalted. You are broken, and I am made strong.
ACD/0 Feedback Fence - The Active Contact Defense system uses warsat hull materials to store a retaliatory charge.
Ikaheka's Hooks - Ah, no matter; the wound is not so deep...

Boots
Mk. 44 Stand Asides - Pardon me. Coming through.
Radiant Dance Machine - Built for swift movement, they provide unexpected and decisive social benefits.
Unremarkable Bones - Surely the Warlocks cling to these fossils for a reason. What could it be, oh bearer mine?
Peregrine Greaves - Victory from on high.

Others
Crux of Crota - Their god is now our power.

The items are linked in the Reddit post.

I didnt say it wasn't broken, just that normal isn't as bad as hard mode.

It's just as bad. I think you notice more on hard cause you are playing it for a longer time. More attempts at atheon means more chance for glitches to appear. And it's only when you're trying flawless that you really notice all the messed up things about the raid. For example the audio cutting out during confluxes. I never cared much but when you're trying to not die it's really irritating when you don't know something is shooting at you until your shield breaks.

Edit** also for me it seems like the audio glitch during confluxes is worse on normal than hard

Mupod

Fusion rifles are always popular in Crucible and all, but holy shit, I'm like the only one in every match I've played today who wasn't using one.

after using one last night I have no idea why I was wasting my time with other guns.

It's also exposing some crazy lag issues. I shoot people and they fall dead a full second or two later after running around for a bit. Maybe this is why people kept surviving 4-5 handcannon headshots.

LordofPwn

To be fair, I was in that run and was steering everyone away from the glitches as much as possible. It took many frustrating runs to figure out details about so many glitches and how to counteract them. It doesn't seem bad when all the kinks were already worked out. Hard mode can have some really glitchy detain shields but otherwise isn't more broken than normal. Flawless has the most unique glitches.

Yeah Doc here was a real help, game even only teleported him as he was the most familiar with what to do in that situation. but in say normal if you encounter a praetorian that damage doesn't calculate correctly you have a much better chance of surviving.

after using one last night I have no idea why I was wasting my time with other guns.

It's also exposing some crazy lag issues. I shoot people and they fall dead a full second or two later after running around for a bit. Maybe this is why people kept surviving 4-5 handcannon headshots.

Yeah it's been like that since I can remember

Daemul

New exotics look pretty cool visually, but a lot of them have REALLY shitty abilities.

It seems only The Glasshouse helmet out of all the new Titan exotics will be of any use to my Titan. I'll collect and upgrade them all, but Helm of Inmost Light, Saint-14 and The Glasshouse will be the ones I use on a regular basis.

ElRenoRaven

Boy I love almost being done with one of the longer strikes and having the boss a sliver from dying only to lose connection to the game world. No easier way to piss me off.

LordofPwn

It's just as bad. I think you notice more on hard cause you are playing it for a longer time. More attempts at atheon means more chance for glitches to appear. And it's only when you're trying flawless that you really notice all the messed up things about the raid. For example the audio cutting out during confluxes. I never cared much but when you're trying to not die it's really irritating when you don't know something is shooting at you until your shield breaks.

Edit** also for me it seems like the audio glitch during confluxes is worse on normal than hard

You feel the effects of it more on hard. Especially with Praetorians. survivability is higher on normal than hard so you can work around it better on normal. glitches are the same across the difficulties minus atheon detainments, but doing normal it usually doesn't mean a wipe, you can work around them. That's what i'm meaning by glitches are worse on hard.

Disagree. There are some things sure that are "WTF?", but the extra bounty space and reworked pvp maps (if good) will be huge for me. I hated Blind Watch more than Bastion and The moon combined.

No a disaster, 5 more bounty slots for the same old bounties and I don't play PvP. Another update that is useless for PvE exclusive players, along with a bunch of unintentional nerfs. No raid fixes, etc.

Trakan

It seems only The Glasshouse helmet out of all the new Titan exotics will be of any use to my Titan. I'll collect and upgrade them all, but Helm of Inmost Light, Saint-14 and The Glasshouse will be the ones I use on a regular basis.

Yeah, it'll depend on how much longer Weapons of Light lasts. Inverse Shadow is such a good perk that I'd rather use it and get my super back again with Helm of Saint 14 if it doesn't last much longer.

Namikaze1

The new exotics I like just from their description:

The Glasshouse:
Blessing and Weapon of Light lasts longer. Very useful for raids. A must really.

Starfire Protocol:
If you already have the two grenade perks on your Sunsinger, this adds a third grenade. Second if you don't have the perk.

Unremarkable Bones:
Adds a third jump to double jump. Would go well with the boosted double jump. And it gives Bladedancers triple jumps!

Jito

Banned
No a disaster, 5 more bounty slots for the same old bounties and I don't play PvP. Another update that is useless for PvE exclusive players.

I have to agree with this as well, what is the use of extra bounty slots when I only get 5 a day that I want to do and I can usually get them all done in one day? Hopefully it's preparation for a big update coming to bounties.

Mindlog

New exotics look pretty cool visually, but a lot of them have REALLY shitty abilities.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG..._new_and_updated_exotic_coming_in_crotas_end/
For me it will all come down to balancing Int, Discp and on certain build Str.
However, that Obsidian Mind looks like something I really really want for my Warlock. Nova Bomb kills reduce Nova Bomb cooldown? Sold!

Holy crap, two scorch charges. Sunsinger melee builds... Starfire Protocol! Warlock wins again.

Yeah Doc here was a real help, game even only teleported him as he was the most familiar with what to do in that situation. but in say normal if you encounter a praetorian that damage doesn't calculate correctly you have a much better chance of surviving.

True, but the lag/glitches involved are the same for normal vs. hard. Only the damage/health scaling is different which makes it potentially more dangerous but still the same issue as normal. That's why it's always smart to "over help" on the Praetorians to offset potential problems. Flawless is unique because the anti-cheese hotfix patch requires a wipe to load correctly, then the glitches normalize to their usual level.

Fitts

No a disaster, 5 more bounty slots for the same old bounties and I don't play PvP. Another update that is useless for PvE exclusive players, along with a bunch of unintentional nerfs. No raid fixes, etc.

Nerfs? Pardon my ignorance but I haven't logged on since the update.

Is the Winter's Run exploit mentioned in the update notes referring to hiding under the stairs or that ledge right at the entrance to that part of the map. The former I can understand, but that ledge? I can get killed just fine from there (especially if Arc burn is on and I get sniped) so I hardly think that's an exploit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom