• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

nowai

So Bungie just made every Destiny owner download a 2.5gig huge chunk of the DLC (or all of the DLC) regardless of whether or not they bought it?

That's pretty common for most games.

Everyone needs the baseline content to be in the world, regardless if they can experience it or not.

Jinjo

So what happens to the people who already bought the DLC but can't get RNG to give them the raid armor they need to hit 30 and do the DLC raid? Are they just screwed?

Normal raid is gonna be lv28, so that's totally achievable without having played the first raid even. Hard mode is gonna be lv32, which nobody can handle without having played normal. So yeah, nobody is really "screwed" here. Lv30 just gives a bit of an edge but there have been plenty people who clear VoG on lv27 or lv26 even.

FyreWulff

So Bungie just made every Destiny owner download a 2.5gig huge chunk of the DLC (or all of the DLC) regardless of whether or not they bought it?

You'll need to be able to see people wearing the DLC armor, also I think we can assume you'll be able to walk into the DLC areas, you just can't get to the DLC instances.

ElRenoRaven

Well yea Duh. You're going to have to be able to see the armors, weapons, and other such stuff. So even none purchasers are gonna need the data. It's like any MMO for example that releases a new expansion. Everyone still gets the content. It's just that you didn't pay to access the new locations etc.

Pretty much was thinking the same thing earlier. I hope people who don't buy the DLC can at least go to the areas even if they can't do the new missions/strikes, etc.

ocean

Banned
So what happens to the people who already bought the DLC but can't get RNG to give them the raid armor they need to hit 30 and do the DLC raid? Are they just screwed?
Current Raid is manageable at 1 level above the level rating (it's listed as a level 26 activity but you want to be 27 to raid smoothly). Following this logic, the next Raid will "require" being 29 if it's listed as a 28 activity.

You can reach 29 without relying on RNG blessings so you'll be good.

Hard Raiders assemble!

I am looking to put a group together to run the Hard Mode Raid on Wednesday November 19th at 7:00pm EST.

Level 29 Hunter and Level 29 Warlock (will be using one of those with maxed out 300 Vision of Confluence, IceBreaker, Corrective Measures, Atheon's Epilogue and more). Would like a mix of half 29s and half 30s.

PS4
Cosmos_Man

Send me a PM and a Friend Request on PSN and I will add your name below as I get interested folks. I will repost this throughout the next couple days as we recruit people.

1. Cosmos_Man (me)
2. westtrade
3. Hyunsai
4. greenyMac

Looking for 2 more!

LordofPwn

True, but the lag/glitches involved are the same for normal vs. hard. Only the damage/health scaling is different which makes it potentially more dangerous but still the same issue as normal. That's why it's always smart to "over help" on the Praetorians to offset potential problems. Flawless is unique because the anti-cheese hotfix patch requires a wipe to load correctly, then the glitches normalize to their usual level.

Yeah i liked how when i grabbed the relic i sometimes had nothing to kill because you guys killed them all before i could get down there.

I pulled a more of light out of the bank and got nothing.

The planet cards are all still missing and I went to earth and mars.
I'll chalk it up to having to earn one from xp then (it's totally denial at this point)

Namikaze1

Wtf! Did the weekly get harder or something? Shit wasn't this hard the other day! I was able to solo my way to the priest yesterday! Now I'm having problems just getting rid of the ads before the priest! Someone joined me and helped with the gate part but left.

Jinjo

Why has nobody mentioned Abyss Defiant? Raid auto rifle, it disorients Wizards! And it does more damage to stronger hive enemies. Now if it has a Solar element, that would be OP.

Mindlog

Hard Raiders assemble!

I am looking to put a group together to run the Hard Mode Raid on Wednesday November 19th at 7:00pm EST.

Level 29 Hunter and Level 29 Warlock (will be using one of those with maxed out 300 Vision of Confluence, IceBreaker, Corrective Measures, Atheon's Epilogue and more). Would like a mix of half 29s and half 30s.

PS4
Cosmos_Man

Send me a PM and a Friend Request on PSN and I will add your name below as I get interested folks. I will repost this throughout the next couple days as we recruit people.

1. Cosmos_Man (me)
2. westtrade
3. Hyunsai
4. greenyMac

Looking for 2 more!
I'm down. 29 or 30 depending on what I've done.

Jinjo

Time to hoard exotic engrams from Xur and save them for when the DLC hits to get all these new exotics. Strikes, all day err'day.

Drain You

Is the patch live for Xbox one? I got home from work and logged in hoping it would update, but nothings happening. Maybe im just missing something but I thought it prompted me for an update as soon as I got on in the past.

Wtf! Did the weekly get harder or something? Shit wasn't this hard the other day! I was able to solo my way to the priest yesterday! Now I'm having problems just getting rid of the ads before the priest! Someone joined me and helped with the gate part but left.

For some reason I felt that more ads were being spawned into the area-- more Dregs, specifically-- but I'm probably just misremembering things. Still, with the Arc burn and Lightswitch, everything in that arena is super deadly. Dreg mobs can OHK with melee, etc...

Hence why I stayed glued to that ledge when I soloed it.

Namikaze1

For some reason I felt that more ads were being spawned into the area-- more Dregs, specifically-- but I'm probably just misremembering things. Still, with the Arc burn and Lightswitch, everything in that arena is super deadly. Dreg mobs can OHK with melee, etc...

Hence why I stayed glued to that ledge when I soloed it.
I'm referring to Wekly Heroic. Nightfall is easier due to arc buff but weekly heroic seems like it got harder.

Heh, fusion rifles that can swap between damage types:

http://db.destinytracker.com/inventory/item/2609120349

There needs to be more weapons like this if they intend on keeping our vault capacity capped. Having to swap out weapons I like just because the burn is different on the weekly Nightfall is a pain.

So apparently Thorn got an unintended nerf with the new patch. Just a heads up for anybody that uses it in PvP.

-_- Finally got a decent void sniper & MG combo and am currently grinding my way towards that 500 Void Kills for Thorn and now I'm considering junking the whole thing because of that nerf :\

LordofPwn

Time to hoard exotic engrams from Xur and save them for when the DLC hits to get all these new exotics. Strikes, all day err'day.

Great idea, unless they do what they did to legendary engrams obtained prior to cryptarch nerfing.

And has anyone noticed that some of the new items have a "I" on their icon? is this a superior class or just to signify you need the DLC to have?
iconb38946ffbbbd4056d6beaded32b9ebea.jpg

jeffc919

Has anyone figured out yet if existing legendary/exotic gear will be obsoleted by the new gear in the expansion? Are we just going to be scrapping this stuff for new gear to get to 32?

JayEH

Pretty big patch. Guess they're adding the Dark Below content in. Still no weapon buffs/materials economy it seems :(

Edit: Nvm. This new vendor is...interesting?

Jinjo

Has anyone figured out yet if existing legendary/exotic gear will be obsoleted by the new gear in the expansion? Are we just going to be scrapping this stuff for new gear to get to 32?

You'll be able to upgrade the light level/defense rating on your exotic items by using an "exotic core".

Great idea, unless they do what they did to legendary engrams obtained prior to cryptarch nerfing.

God, I hope not. Besides you still have a large chance to get an "old" exotic item.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom