• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa, I'm more wet for that Black Hammer than Kim Kardashian! I'm salivating at the thought of how many consecutive shots I'd get on Aetheon while in the bubble. I'd literally be able to spam fire until the time ran out. Those Raid weapons are awesome and outclass what we currently have already...except the one I care about the most, Scout Rifle. Those perks look lame which means VoC is still tops. I'm really curious to see how the Dragon will compete with Ballerhorn. Switching between two elements is pretty damn bad ass on that fusion rifle. Man, some cool shit.

Starlight Warlock Chest would allow me to have three fusion nades? Lalalalala I just finally got praxic, I can't hear you! Seriously, which would be better here? On one hand Praxic is still better for Oprah Mode but on the other, you're likely to have three nades recharged far more often than you're in Radiance. Or hell, you can swap from two nade perk on Sunbro to the other useful trait and utilize this armor to still have two nades (albeit only fusion). Damn the decisions! Potentially I'd have both maxed out and use Starlight for most content and swap to Praxic for boss battles. Also, I think it was a helmet that had a perk where you disorient enemies when you self rez...that would be beastly in PvP. God ham.

The only bummer is the new materials. I expected two new ones to upgrade our current Legendary and or Exotic weapons and armor respectfully, but a bunch of different mats? That sucks... So much for hoarding shards and energies for the DLC. Stuff is damn near worthless now, upgrade all the things right now! Actually, they'll be really handy for my alt I just created last night. Fledgling Titan, you will be spoiled when you grow up and become level 20 (for 5 seconds before instantly jumping to 24-26ish range).

Trakan

Don't know, but I still think the model should have had cosmetic micro transactions and PvP maps pay for the extra work, and just add the quality of life stuff to base game for free. Keeping the continuity strong for major expansions and sequels.

With your way I'd still have my $20. With their way I don't.

hydruxo

Great idea, unless they do what they did to legendary engrams obtained prior to cryptarch nerfing.

And has anyone noticed that some of the new items have a "I" on their icon? is this a superior class or just to signify you need the DLC to have?
iconb38946ffbbbd4056d6beaded32b9ebea.jpg

Yeah Bungie refers to The Dark Below as Expansion I and House of Wolves as Expansion II so I'm guessing they're adding a roman numeral to weapon/armor icons that corresponds to what expansion/dlc it's from.

Hey doc - sounds good to me. Who can we kidnap and take to Venus....

Will likely be able to play once the kids are in bed but maybe can sneak one in before hand.

(and then one after) LOL

I'll probably be sitting in orbit, post on here or send me an invite whenever you're ready to go. Any time works for me.

With your way I'd still have my $20. With their way I don't.

But $20 from a few hundred thousand, or $2 - $10 from a couple of million? Plus keeping more people playing and dropping a $60 expansion next fall. Feels less greedy and would probably turn around the public's perception of "too little content".

Deku Tree

So with the new expansion, the strikes can never be nightfalls or weeklies because they're dlc, and exotics can never be sold by Xur.

Interesting.

We'll Deej has said that people without the DLC will get some new stuff so I'm not sure about that.

Edit: even if this is wrong they could still have a Xur DLC dude show up.

LordofPwn

Wow, one of the bounties sounds interesting:
Siege of the Warmind - "Defend Rasputin in the "Siege of the Warmind" mission on Earth with the Heroic modifier active."
Seraphim Vault location most likely.

So I went and put together all the Crota's End raid weapons and their unique perks if anyone is curious:
BUNCH OF AWESOME STUFF
want. all of it. now.

New |OT| title. hahah
+1

Is there a part 1?
lol no. PS4 only saves 15 minutes. Part one is opening door (easy), confluxes easy, oracles easy though there was a close escape from a minotaur. templar cheese cuz fuk dem glitches. glitches be bitches. taking templar chest route. gorgons close escape, didnt have to kill one. and a bathroom break because i was shaking cause i died on jumping puzzle three times before this attempt.

Mupod

Anyone doing a normal raid tonight? Would like to get my alts through one if possible. Need. Raid. Gear.
and shards

28 1/2 Hunter
28 Warlock

Grim Citizen 300
Epilogue 300
Praedyth 300
77 Wizard 300
Prestige IV 300
Suros 300

I'm a 27 sunsinger, new to the raid but I'd like to go tonight if you don't mind 'splainin things. PSN: Mupodpsn

My weapon situation is a little awkward since the thing I was saving my shards for got nerfed to shit today.

NeOak

Seraphim Vault location most likely.

want. all of it. now.

+1

lol no. PS4 only saves 15 minutes. Part one is opening door (easy), confluxes easy, oracles easy though there was a close escape from a minotaur. templar cheese cuz fuk dem glitches. glitches be bitches. taking templar chest route. gorgons close escape, didnt have to kill one. and a bathroom break because i was shaking cause i died on jumping puzzle three times before this attempt.

You can change it to 30 minutes now I think. Or longer.

raindoc

So I went and put together all the Crota's End raid weapons and their unique perks if anyone is curious:

Fang of Ir Yûr (Scout Rifle) -> Target Marker - Enemies hit by this weapon are briefly highlighted.

I have no idea what that could be useful for, but whatever it is (*cough* raid mechanic *cough*), it sure doesn't sound good.

So according to the database there are 7(!) new upgrade materials. Scroll to the bottom.

http://www.destinydb.com/news/posts/76-massive-destiny-patch-tons-of-new-info

661.gif

Hey doc - sounds good to me. Who can we kidnap and take to Venus....

Will likely be able to play once the kids are in bed but maybe can sneak one in before hand.

(and then one after) LOL

If I'm on, shoot me an invite. I'll jump on my 29 titan and help out. I owe you one.

patchday

Fang of Ir Yûr (Scout Rifle) -> [Target Marker - Enemies hit by this weapon are briefly highlighted.]
Abyss Defiant (Auto Rifle) -> [Lich Bane - Projectiles have a chance to disorient wizards.]
Word of Crota (Hand Cannon) -> [Crota's Pet - Three rapid precision hits will return one round to the mag]
Hunger of Crota (Rocket Launcher) -> [Tracking & Cluster Bombs]
Song of Ir Yût (Machine Gun) -> [Dark Breaker - Projectiles will overpenetrate through Knight's wall of darkness.]
Light of the Abyss (Fusion Rifle) -> [No unique perks]
Swordbreaker (Shotgun) -> [Lifestealer - Three rapid kills in succession will heal a small amount and start shield regeneration]
Black Hammer (Sniper Rifle) -> [White Nail - Three consecutive precision hits in rapid succession will refill the mag]

but what is the max damage?? Still 300? Surely its increased though

LordofPwn

You can change it to 30 minutes now I think. Or longer.

Whaaaaaaa? this is news to me. will have to check out. 15 min is usually good for me. captures a round of crucible and most strikes. plus our raid was in the 40+ min category so it still would have missed things.

X-Frame

I'm referring to Wekly Heroic. Nightfall is easier due to arc buff but weekly heroic seems like it got harder.

They said that they tweaked the difficulty of 3 person Strikes so they're less difficult with a full team.

What they didn't say was that the way they tweaked the difficulty was that it is now likely harder to solo the Weekly Strikes & Nightfalls.

This is probably because so many people were soloing the "Ultimate" Strikes, which was not intended (lol), therefore they shifted the balance back to full teams.

JayEH

"Winter's Run: Fixed an exploit zone in the Aksor boss encounter"

Can't stay at the top of the hill anymore I guess? Siiiiiiiiiigh.

noomi

Had a person drop from our group for tomorrow, so we now have a spot open again. Details are below. Would prefer a 30, but a 29 will do :) As long as you have experience and decent weapons.

Quote this post with your PSN, class, and level and I'll add you to our group for tomorrow.

Where: VoG Hard Mode
When: Tuesday November 18th
Time: 1PM EST | 12PM CST | 10AM PST | 6PM GMT

1. noomi85 - hunter - level 30 (confirmed)
2. a_javierp - titan - level 30 (confirmed)
3. Rubenov25 - warlock - level 30 (confirmed)
4. Kartik21 - hunter - level 30 (Confirmed)
5. Noisepurge - hunter - level 29 (confirmed)
6. Messiek - warlock - level 30 (confirmed)

*edit*

All filled up!

Trakan

We'll Deej has said that people without the DLC will get some new stuff so I'm not sure about that.

Edit: even if this is wrong they could still have a Xur DLC dude show up.

I can see some of the exotics going to everyone to keep them playing the game, but I can't see Xur selling any DLC items.

ocean

Banned
Mine was slowing down for no reason as well, but the I decided to leave it and it's nearly half way now. Still slow as fuck though.
Every time I resume from a pause I get my speed back. I guess I got lucky because it's been downloading for 4 minutes at the proper speed. At this rate only 4 minutes to go.

Messiek

Had a person drop from our group for tomorrow, so we now have a spot open again. Details are below. Would prefer a 30, but a 29 will do :) As long as you have experience and decent weapons.

Quote this post with your PSN, class, and level and I'll add you to our group for tomorrow.

Where: VoG Hard Mode
When: Tuesday November 18th
Time: 1PM EST | 12PM CST | 10AM PST | 6PM GMT

1. noomi85 - hunter - level 30 (confirmed)
2. a_javierp - titan - level 30 (confirmed)
3. Rubenov25 - warlock - level 30 (confirmed)
4. Clutch_WaYzz - warlock - level 30 (awaiting confirmation)
5. Noisepurge - hunter - level 29 (confirmed)

I guess I could join. Warlock 30 : )
Psn: Messiek

Exhumed

I think the game is trying to tell me to give hand cannons a try. Within the last couple weeks I've gotten almost all of them. Lord High Fixer, The Devil You Know, Hawkmoon, xur brought in The Last Word, I've had Thorn. Just need a Fatebringer now....

Namikaze1

They said that they tweaked the difficulty of 3 person Strikes so they're less difficult with a full team.

What they didn't say was that the way they tweaked the difficulty was that it is now likely harder to solo the Weekly Strikes & Nightfalls.

This is probably because so many people were soloing the "Ultimate" Strikes, which was not intended (lol), therefore they shifted the balance back to full teams.
Why the Weekly though? I understand if they did it for Nightfall (can't confirm that yet) but one should be able to solo weekly.

Ha ha ha. More materials really? More freaking materials. I really don't understand why they think this shit is a good idea. Are they even listening to the fans playing their game?

It's freaking tedious as is and they're introducing another grind. What the hell is going on over at Bungie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom