• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greenymac

Haha nice. Hopefully we will be done with 3 hard raids by 7am but that's probably too optimistic.

Edit: But I will still run hard raids with you tomorrow morning either way.

Btw I saw that you got the FBringer, that's awesome dude! Probably my second favorite weapon after GHorn.

Dude, I could use you at 7 for clearing hard atheon with my 29 hunter. Im hoping to have it done in 3 runs or less.

Question about exotic bounties, do they appear at the time of a bounty reset or can they appear anytime? Also is there anything I can do to increase the likelihood of them appearing?

Namikaze1

Bungie! We need to read these damn cards in the game! People wouldn't be giving you so much shit if you actually had implemented a way for us to read all this info in the damn game. So much lore in this shit.

Deku Tree

Question about exotic bounties, do they appear at the time of a bounty reset or can they appear anytime? Also is there anything I can do to increase the likelihood of them appearing?

They can appear anytime. To make them more likely to appear do a lot of bounties. Otherwise it's random. You have some small percent chance to get one anytime you turn in a bounty. Lol. I got my first one on my low level warlock and I just destroyed it because I was not going to be able to do anything with it for a long time.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Bungie! We need to read these damn cards in the game! People wouldn't be giving you so much shit if you actually had implemented a way for us to read all this info in the damn game. So much lore in this shit.
Yeah, it's deceptive. The exotic bounties should give you lore excepts from the tales of the gun you're working toward as you complete each step

Spawnling

Looking for one person to assist in the Thorn bounty strike. At least level 26, try to have a nice balance of Solar and Arc Weapons.

PS4.

I want in on this Drizzay. i took the whole day off work tomorrow to run reset shit. Let me know if anyone drops out. Ill be online by 7am eastern time. DEDICATION.

The brain trust (ie the three idiots who run the company, of which I'm one) here has decided to close the office for Veteran's Day tomorrow (also because I want to play Destiny and it's my birthday).

So... I'm in for all that stuff tomorrow as well. I have three characters that need raids, NF and weeklies. If you're up for it, I'll be around for most of the day.

koryuken

Yes, I think there is. This may be anecdotal but I haven't gotten a single exotic bounty and I am almost level 30. I looked at a few YouTube vids and i saw that the guy turned in multiple completed bounties at the same time and got his exotic bounty in the video. As soon as i tried doing that, i got my exotic bounty for Pocket Infinity. This may be anecdotal, but I think it does improve your chances.

(also, I don't think that you can get an exotic bounty before level 20, but not 100% sure)

frizby

My third character needs the hard raid from Gatekeepers if anybody is grouping up.

29 hunter. I know, I know. But I know what I'm doing.

PSN: frizby

They can appear anytime. To make them more likely to appear do a lot of bounties. Otherwise it's random. You have some small percent chance to get one anytime you turn in a bounty. Lol. I got my first one on my low level warlock and I just destroyed it because I was not going to be able to do anything with it for a long time.
Ok got it, thanks man... Just another thing determined by the RNG gods of destiny haha
Yes, I think there is. This may be anecdotal but I haven't gotten a single exotic bounty and I am almost level 30. I looked at a few YouTube vids and i saw that the guy turned in multiple completed bounties at the same time and got his exotic bounty in the video. As soon as i tried doing that, i got my exotic bounty for Pocket Infinity. This may be anecdotal, but I think it does improve your chances.

(also, I don't think that you can get an exotic bounty before level 20, but not 100% sure)
That's a good idea, I'll save them up from now on

Greenymac

Yup my buddy Rowdi will be around about 8-830 eastern tomorrow morning and we will start nightfalls and dailies. Before that I will be getting bounties done and stored until I finish the nightfalls so i can cash them in. Feel free to join my fireteam ANYTIME.

LordofPwn

Another PS4 FLAWLESS RAIDER attempt(s) Tonight @ 8pm Bungie time (Pacific), maybe...
I'll try not to fail on the jumping puzzle again

1. LordofPwn
2. iRAWRasaurus
3. NeOak - maybe
4. DairyZeus
5. Stantron
6. Boguester

Doctor in the house!

Still looking for alts in case we need someone or if you haven't gotten the trophy yet.

Would like to have some alts lined up in case things happen or people don't show. we were really close last night, the only real monster is the jumping puzzle and i shall vanquish him!

Namikaze1

So many signs pointing to Kabr still being alive like I theorized 2-3 OTs back. The Vex Mythoclast Grimoire card just gives even more credence to that theory.

I'm telling you, that Vex Portal in the jumping puzzle part leads to Kabr's location. Bastard is lost in time. Where and when we don't know. Though I theorized he's in the future and he's responsible for sending the female Exo Stranger to aid us in defeating the Vex in the Black Garden.

Yup my buddy Rowdi will be around about 8-830 eastern tomorrow morning and we will start nightfalls and dailies. Before that I will be getting bounties done and stored until I finish the nightfalls so i can cash them in. Feel free to join my fireteam ANYTIME.

7:30am Central on my day off? Shit. I might be on a little after that. I like to sleep in when I can.

LordofPwn

So many signs pointing to Kabr still being alive like I theorized 2-3 OTs back. The Vex Mythoclast Grimoire card just gives even more credence to that theory.

I'm telling you, that Vex Portal in the jumping puzzle part leads to Kabr's location. Bastard is lost in time. Where and when we don't know. Though I theorized he's in the future and he's responsible for sending the female Exo Stranger to aid us in defeating the Vex in the Black Garden.

I still say that when they make the Destiny movie it should be about Kabr.
Should really make a trailer for it to pitch to the studios...

breakfuss

Lol what the hell, when did this 29 backlash start?! I was feeling happy about finally reaching it yesterday but now?? Resigned to a life of normal raid, I guess.

I'm looking for 2 other players to form a weekly Fireteam focused on clearing daily/heroic/nightfall/gold public event daily for 2-3 characters. Looking to meet at 9:30pm EST every Tuesday.

Level 30 Titan
Level 29 Hunter
Level 23 Warlock

PS4
Cosmos_Man

Reply here or send me a PM. Would like to set this as a weekly thing.

Comment from Deej on Reddit:

Responding to thread complaining about how boring it is to farm mats.
If you come back for more, we'll let you hunt more than gather. You, and those like you, have been heard.
Thanks for the good chatter on this.

Patch me in 3-6 weeks if old.

Deku Tree

I'm looking for 2 other players to form a weekly Fireteam focused on clearing daily/heroic/nightfall/gold public event daily for 2-3 characters. Looking to meet at 9:30pm EST every Tuesday.

Level 30 Titan
Level 29 Hunter
Level 23 Warlock

PS4
Cosmos_Man

I could jump in on that. I am mostly excited about the weekly 28 and the nightfall recently but the others are short. I play with two lvl 30 sunsingers and a currently level 27 Titan who is waiting for raid gear

Lol what the hell, when did this 29 backlash start?! I was feeling happy about finally reaching it yesterday but now?? Resigned to a life of normal raid, I guess.

Same, I was pretty happy about it and thought I had a shot at doing HM now, but apparently that's not the case.

Jito

Banned
So I'm finally taking the plunge into the raid tonight guys, wish me luck. Made a post in the LFG thread, let's hope I can get a team together quickly.

Namikaze1

I still say that when they make the Destiny movie it should be about Kabr.
Should really make a trailer for it to pitch to the studios...
If I had the skills, money, and equipment, I would totally make a fan film. It will probably be like Pitch Black. I would end up making the Vex actually terrifying.

Bollocks

Every time I level up the cryptarch and go to the postmaster the purple package turns out to be all blue engrams ._.

It's real tiresome, I level it up in the hopes that one day I'll get a purple engram but at this point I think it's not gonna happen. Next level is 20

Fixed1979

Level 30 Titan
Level 29 Hunter
Level 23 Warlock

PS4
Cosmos_Man

Myself and Hoodburry have been running around that time everyweek for the past month. Pretty sure he's still working on an alt, but I'm good to go on 3 toons (30/28/27).

Kalamari

Here is my theory, the chance of them appearing increases with the number of bounties you complete in a day. For example, yesterday I completed 10 bounties and received one after the ninth or tenth bounty.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
another pocket infinity/bad juju/super good advice missive... hrmm. i might just turn this one down altogether

edit: eh screw it, shattered memory fragment it is. eventually I'll have a maxed pocket infinity on every character, I certainly love it enough.

Dunlop

Leveling my kids titan and holy crap is passing resources or items between characters a pain in the ass.

Please tell me access to the bank from anywhere is in a update someday

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Err...I gave my VoC and icebreaker to my alt Titan, logged into my hunter main and VoC is on him too.

I only had one VoC...odd thing is that the one on my hunter isn't leveled up while the one on my alt is...

This is like the reverse of losing stuff in the bank. Very odd...made me log back and forth just to ensure i wasn't going crazy.

Hahaha uh oh

LiK

Leveling my kids titan and holy crap is passing resources or items between characters a pain in the ass.

Please tell me access to the bank from anywhere is in a update someday

yea, no shit. it's pretty ridiculous how much loading we have to deal with to move shit around. why can't we do it from the site or app?

Nuszka

Anyone up fpr a fresh raid on normal , let me know cleraed over 20+ , going to use my alt hunter , maxed voc, iceb, and hv, pm ps4 nuszka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom