• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

hydruxo

I just realized I've been using Thunderdevil for like a month now and didn't realize that's what it was called. Are people really that psyched about it? I think it's kind of effeminate looking but have been using it because it seemed rare.

I'm not really seeing how a silver/blue/chrome shader is effeminate to be honest with you haha. I think it's pretty badass looking personally.

If anything the tons of purple and pink shaders are effeminate (which somebody at bungie must have an affinity for because there's so many of them)

spyder_ur

Is anything strange with ammo drops for anyone else? I just did two strikes and got 1 heavy ammo drop - was having trouble keeping my special ammo up too.

Karl2177

Got a legendary boots engram from the daily and got boots for my Warlock. Now I just need to earn 5 marks next week and buy some gloves and I'll be raid ready on all three characters. Awww yeah

patchday

cant believe I finally worked up the nerve to uninstall the game and they go patch a few annoying things and Iron Banner is out tomorrow. So I want to give that a shot. Hopefully it wont be a soul-sucking-long-winded ordeal to get the armor items like I fear. Would be nice to hit L30 and leave this game on a good note for awhile

Anyone notice any Xbox One performance issues after the patch? The game has been a rock solid 30fps since launch, and now twice since the patch i've noticed briefly stuttering after I use the shotgun on during PVE.

Happened once on mars during a public event and also on venus while farming spirit bloom.

I'm trying to launch the game on PS4 and it that there's a 2.44 GB update. Is this right? It's not downloading in the background like most patches. Weird!

X-Frame

So you can only use the Tempered reputation boost once in the Iron Banner week?

I guess it would make sense to use it on a weekend or a day when I'll be home the most to take advantage of the 12 hours.

Wow, Thorn sucks in PVP now =(

Yup. I feel your pain. I guess I have to use my maxed Suros or TDYK for IB now. I also have a maxed Final Rest II, Light Beware, Invective, Judgment, Swarm, and Truth.

I would like to know the actual differences between a lvl 29 with maxed weapons hitting a lvl 30 and vice-versa.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I'm starting to love the patch improvements -- brighter, clearer HUD, better revive indicators, optional strike chat. There is more work to be done, but these are good steps that make the game better. Good stuff.

Ruze789

Ugh all the way to one of the last waves before releasing the Archon Priest in the Nightfall with my new lvl28 Titan... killed by a melee from a Dreg because my damn controller decided not to punch him in the face when I pushed the bumper.

Took me somewhere around 45 minutes to get there since the only good weapon I gave him from my main was a maxed Icebreaker... No time to give it another try since I've gotta get up for work in ~5 hours. Was really excited to be able to get a second nightfall in, since they've been pretty good to my Warlock with rewards.

God damn, the Thorn nerf is awful. Not a single DoT kill, and barely any assists. Player health stops just short of death via DoT every time without an extra shot. Fix this shit asap Bungie. You've made my favorite PvP gun trash. I worked hard for that exotic and the gun was actually unique.

arimanius

Few things I'm liking with this patch. The extra bounty slots, the new shaders rotating even tho I already had thunderdevil, the emblem and shader previews, and the colored melee and grenade icons.

If there one word of advice I would give bungie is the simple QoL things above should of been done a long time ago instead of right before a big dlc. Frequent smaller patches make the user base happier IMO. It's the small things.

Any way to tell how many ghosts you have found?

First open your grimoire. Under guardian - ghost - dead ghost.

You should see a number. That number is out of 62.

Then. Throw your name into destiny tracker and look at the grimoire page. That have a section for missing only. Pay attention to the ghost fragments cards. Those are the dead ghosts. From there just good the specific card you are missing. There is a google doc out there somewhere with a great video guide for every dead ghost.

Anyone notice any Xbox One performance issues after the patch? The game has been a rock solid 30fps since launch, and now twice since the patch i've noticed briefly stuttering after I use the shotgun on during PVE.

Happened once on mars during a public event and also on venus while farming spirit bloom.
I've not noticed anything over about 2 hours of play time tonight. not played pvp for ages.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Looking for a normal Raid, preferably from beginning. 29 Titan. maxed raid weapons, ready to party.

PSN: OldKingKratos

Ridli

People used to talk about Thunderdevil like it was the second coming. Never saw it before... and it's just grey. Meh.

So I'm confused about one thing though. If I never did Iron Banner 1 - will I be able to get all four pieces of IB gear this week?

Ourobolus

Banned
Anyone doing a Hard raid in the next 30 minutes or so? Got a Lv 30 hunter I'd like to run through before the reset.

PSN: Ourobolus

Let me know, and I'll pop on!

Or hell, I'll take any of the checkpoints, I suppose.

Mupod

I don't understand why they finally put in a way to get 30 gear from pvp and put it in a mode where you're gimped if you haven't been raiding for weeks. It's frustrating enough trying to catch up as it is, hopefully IB isn't *that* skewed towards max level.

are you guys still looking for a normal raid?

I've been F5ing these threads for 4 days trying to get a normal raid, but it's way too late now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom