• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayEH

I don't think this is working as intended. I'm working on a new character and just did the moon strike. We had far and away more simultaneous enemies than I've ever seen doing that strike before. At the end, when we got wiped, it was five Wizards, six Knights (all on the ground) and a shitload of thralls and other dudes running around. I've never seen anything like it.

Never had the boss fight go on that long, either, for all the damage we did to the boss. We all bailed simultaneously after the wipe.

It wouldn't surprise me if they somehow fucked everything up with this patch.

Karl2177

I don't think this is working as intended. I'm working on a new character and just did the moon strike. We had far and away more simultaneous enemies than I've ever seen doing that strike before. At the end, when we got wiped, it was five Wizards, six Knights (all on the ground) and a shitload of thralls and other dudes running around. I've never seen anything like it.

Never had the boss fight go on that long, either, for all the damage we did to the boss. We all bailed simultaneously after the wipe.

Were you hanging out near the entry door?

Yeah, I played that strike this morning and got swarmed by enemies. Strangely, after one guy left, it got substantially easier.

Won't say definitively until I do a few more strikes on that map though but I can usually cheese the boss on that strike pretty quickly.

TTG

It's a shitty thing to say because of the people on the other side of it, but I'm glad I got most of the weapons I wanted before Bungie has made strikes an even bigger headache. Take this week for instance, running amid thralls that can one shot melee you all the way back to orbit, trying to chip away at the boss... that's bundles of fun.

GhaleonEB

Were you hanging out near the entry door?
Nope. One of us went back near the door now and then, but were out in the field 90% of the time. I tend to hang out in the lower far right corner (looking out from the entrance) during that fight.

Yeah, I played that strike this morning and got swarmed by enemies. Strangely, after one guy left, it got substantially easier.

Won't say definitively until I do a few more strikes on that map though but I can usually cheese the boss on that strike pretty quickly.

At one point the drop ship was at the landing dumping Wizards and Knights, and I ran around the lower area and saw the cave next to the entrance...dumping out multiple Wizards and Knights, while a pack of Thralls came out from the lower left tunnel. It was utterly bananas.

It was kind of fun as we seldom ever had three of us alive at the same time - just a long desperate game of musical chairs to try and keep at least two of us up at the same time. Eventually the Wizards formed a semi-circle around the last man standing while he was taking cover from the boss and that was that. We had no chance. :\

Stantron

Welp, I picked up a few more dead ghosts to finally get the platinum tonight. Only had to use a guide for about 15 of them since I found quite a few on my own or with friends. I can finally join the high lord ranks. Shout outs to my flawless raiders! :3
3HXDf4P.png

phen0m24

Okay added
Looking to start as soon as we are full.
Normal raid on ps4
1) iRAWR
2)ColonelOCorn
3)OldKingKratos
4)mattiator
5)mrjellybean
6)lunlunqq

Thanks for the fun raid tonight, guys! I still can't believe Rawr was running around in Level 26 pajamas. And dude ran faster through the Maze than anyone we've ever seen!!

10/10 would raid with you all again!! Peace

Glenn (ColonelOCorn)

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Did bungie mess up the thorn bounty boss? Helped a friend out and the adds were are not spawning. Only on the top right platform. They'd also randomly disappear. It took almost 2hrs for Xyor the unwed to show up.

NeOak

Did bungie mess up the thorn bounty boss? Helped a friend out and the adds were are not spawning. Only on the top right platform. They'd also randomly disappear. It took almost 2hrs for Xyor the unwed to show up.
You need to kill the adds where the boss is. You can't camp where the shriker is.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
You need to kill the adds where the boss is. You can't camp where the shriker is.

We did. Only the 1st wave spawned normally. We had multiple 10+ min moments of just us and phogoth, running around shooting him till the top right adds spawned again. Never any adds from the left though.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Thanks for the fun raid tonight, guys! I still can't believe Rawr was running around in Level 26 pajamas. And dude ran faster through the Maze than anyone we've ever seen!!

10/10 would raid with you all again!! Peace

Glenn (ColonelOCorn)

Yeah, that was a fun time, even though we all got crappy drops. ;) That's also one of the fastest Raids I've ever done, I think we did it in 90 minutes, maybe less. Rawr hauled ASS through that Gorgon maze, that guy is a machine.

NastyBook

Wow, I'm having the worst luck finding PTEs now. So much for the increased frequency of them happening. I've sat at at least three spots for 10-15 minutes in advance, looking for one to drop. Nothing. DPE.com is all but worthless until the algorithm adjusts the times.

*sigh*

Guess I'll play some GTAV now...

Zocano

Oof. Solo'd the weekly strike just now. Took an hour.

Yah the scaling change makes it much harder to solo (which I'm okay with).

Steroyd

Thanks for ruining Blind Watch Control, Bungie!

Tried it myself and I say the change is for the better, going from C to A is an actual viable tactic, and B is in an even more clusterfuck position than before, it's no longer a foregone conclusion of people being funnelled into pretty much one route if you start the map as alpha.

Rixa

Glad they put the time into all these new icons that add nothing meaningful when the raid still has major issues that have never been acknowledged as even being fixed. Ugh.

It wouldn't surprise me if they somehow fucked everything up with this patch.

I guess its too difficult to fix minor bugs :p. I took this picture yesterday after patch. Moon Patrol / Archers Line. Shiny chest that you cant open...

I heard that Super Pox VLO has some nerfing also. I got fully upgraded one so I need to test this later today (also Iam upgrading Atheons Epiloque...)

Anyone have room for hard Atheon? Experienced 29 hunter here, could really use the chance to try to get that helm. -_-

I have the Gatekeeper checkpoint but would prefer if someone has the Atheon one and a competent group. PS4 - PSN: Leonidas2123

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I wish you can share marks between alts. If they aren't going to implement a trade system between people at least do that.

Thanks again! Fun relaxing run for these coins. Here's hoping Xur comes thru for us.

We knocked it out pretty quick considering all of the captains they kept throwing at us. I'm glad you dropped in so I didn't have to solo it. Xur will bring the Horn to celebrate our victory.

Manp

was AA somewhat increased on PS4? don't know, seems more sharp and since it was 1080p already... or maybe i'm seeing things

:)

Axis

I guess its too difficult to fix minor bugs :p. I took this picture yesterday after patch. Moon Patrol / Archers Line. Shiny chest that you cant open...

That's actually been around for a while. I've been finding that one over the last few weeks and it never opens.

I'm very pleased with the open voice chat part of the patch. Sharing frustrations with the people who you meet during strikes helps get through the tasks easier.

Schwabe

this chest is broken since forever, if you refer to that one inside a building on top of a "box-thing".

Rixa

That's actually been around for a while. I've been finding that one over the last few weeks and it never opens.

I'm very pleased with the open voice chat part of the patch. Sharing frustrations with the people who you meet during strikes helps get through the tasks easier.

this chest is broken since forever, if you refer to that one inside a building on top of a "box-thing".

First time I noticed it. On different servers it seems to be working then. So many times farmed in AL.

U Wut M8?

They nerfed the spawn rate of the Hive majors in Cosmodrome :c

Those 3 in basement at starting area? Do they now spawn much slower? It was kinda easy bounty to do (kill 10 Hive majors). Spawning rate was ~30 seconds.
Luckily on moon those 2 level 6 majors do spwan at good rate (did do one bounty yesterday with help of those 2).

Steroyd

U Wut M8?

They nerfed the spawn rate of the Hive majors in Cosmodrome :c

?

If you're talking about taking ten steps back and they respawn, they nerfed that long before this patch, actually that's not quite fair, it's more inconsistent sometimes it's a couple of steps sometimes even if you leave the whole underground area they don't respawn, but regardless that's been a thing before this latest patch.

MrMuscle

I might have to buckle down and do an Iron Banner week now so that i finally can get my boots and get to 30. I really hope that rank 3 will be enough for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom