• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I'm curious to see how difficult it's going to be to get to rank 3 of IB now. I suck at PVP but I've got maxed equipment. Hope it's not too frustrating because I only need boots to get to 30.

Jinjo

U Wut M8?

They nerfed the spawn rate of the Hive majors in Cosmodrome :c

No they didn't. Did it yesterday and it still works. Go and face against the far end wall, wait 10 seconds and turn around. They pretty much always spawn. With a slight exception sometimes, but I think that has to do with the ship spawning outside.

Steroyd

Oh RNGesus, please give my Warlock boots, I don't want to be tempted doing Iron Banner with more than 1 character. :|

And a chest piece for my Hunter if you're feeling extra generous this week.

Maledict

No they didn't. Did it yesterday and it still works. Go and face against the far end wall, wait 10 seconds and turn around. They pretty much always spawn. With a slight exception sometimes, but I think that has to do with the ship spawning outside.

From what I can tell, it's a linked spawn between the three hive majors and the shrek + a dreg + a vandal that spawns upstairs right outside the entrance. If the fallen are up, the hive majors will be downstairs as well. Means I always kill the fallen first to check, and seems to have held so far when I've been doing that bounty.

did this patch change the balance tuning on elites to make them even more unbearable solo? Been shooting this reaver captain for ages now. Oh great they patched the archon cheese spot too, the more Bungie patches this game the less I actually want to play it.

Rixa

Oh RNGesus, please give my Warlock boots, I don't want to be tempted doing Iron Banner with more than 1 character. :|

And a chest piece for my Hunter if you're feeling extra generous this week.

I would so much love to have Secondary weapon drop as Legendary (or even exotic). Got 6 primary weapons as Legendary drops and 3 heavy weapons. My secondary weapon is still blue :p.

I do have 105 marks before reset, so I can go and buy 2nd weapon, but I rather would like to have it as a drop or from Van Guard reputation gain.
Ok, we are doing Nightfall and Normal Raid later today so maybe (I mean PERHAPS) Iam lucky enouhg to get my 7th primary legendary weapon.

Edit: I do have Pocket Infinity quest, with 3/200 mobs killed in Nightfall, might take few trys in NF.

2real4tv

From what I can tell, it's a linked spawn between the three hive majors and the shrek + a dreg + a vandal that spawns upstairs right outside the entrance. If the fallen are up, the hive majors will be downstairs as well. Means I always kill the fallen first to check, and seems to have held so far when I've been doing that bounty.

This.

And this weeks strike is.....

THE DEVIL'S LAIR (Sepiks Prime)

Weekly Heroic Modifiers: Heroic, Arc Burn
Nightfall Modifiers: Nightfall, Epic, Angry, Lightswitch, Arc Burn

First time the weekly heroic has ever had a burn.

Jinjo

Oh so basically it's just like the crucible.

Last time it was exactly like the crucible lol. This time levels and damage/defense do matter. Within 3 levels of eachother you can be competitive. Outside of that the higher level player will appear like a major/ultra to you.

Thanks for the fun raid tonight, guys! I still can't believe Rawr was running around in Level 26 pajamas. And dude ran faster through the Maze than anyone we've ever seen!!

10/10 would raid with you all again!! Peace

Glenn (ColonelOCorn)

Yeah, that was a fun time, even though we all got crappy drops. ;) That's also one of the fastest Raids I've ever done, I think we did it in 90 minutes, maybe less. Rawr hauled ASS through that Gorgon maze, that guy is a machine.
Yeah nice playing with everyone, too bad the drops for everyone was meh. Lol the gorgon maze is not bad on normal, got the timing down pretty good after all those flawless attempts :p

Jinjo

Nah, we had a void burn on a nexus weekly heroic once too I think. It has definitely happened before.

Where is my goddamn solar burn though?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Last time it was exactly like the crucible lol. This time levels and damage/defense do matter. Within 3 levels of eachother you can be competitive. Outside of that the higher level player will appear like a major/ultra to you.

Is the rewards and drops random as well. So basically winning just gives you more marks but even the worst player has a chance of getting something good?

blackflag

Sometimes it gets to the point I feel like they're intentionally getting themselves killed.

I see people running towards someone at full health just to melee them.

I don't get it.

I think it's just that the reward difference between winning and losing isn't enough for most to care

Jinjo

Is the rewards and drops random as well. So basically winning just gives you more marks but even the worst player has a chance of getting something good?

Pretty much. Once you reach a certain rank (last time it was rank 2) you had a chance that iron banner weapons (a handcannon last time) would drop to you. The rest of the weapons and gear has to be purchased now. It's boots and leg this week. Dunno about the weapon but two you can definitely buy and the other two are random drops (4 in total if I have to believe Bungie's weekly update.

Edit: JUST GOT A SPARROW GIFT FROM THE POSTMASTER!

Nope

2 weeks back to back otherwise they've had the same burns as the nightfall.

Should be a breeze. Same load out as last week is kinda boring though.

Nah, we had a void burn on a nexus weekly heroic once too I think. It has definitely happened before.

Where is my goddamn solar burn though?

Nope

2 weeks back to back otherwise they've had the same burns as the nightfall.

Should be a breeze. Same load out as last week is kinda boring though.

Ah, must have missed it back then. It's been a while though.

But yeah, WHERE IS MY SOLAR BURN :(

Sometimes it gets to the point I feel like they're intentionally getting themselves killed.

I see people running towards someone at full health just to melee them.

I don't get it.

I had a 3.85 KD that game. We're were winning for most of it. Then it all went to crap at the end.

EDIT: GUYS I JUST GOT A SPARROW THAT BARREL ROLLS IN THE MAIL.

NeOak

Pretty much. Once you reach a certain rank (last time it was rank 2) you had a chance that iron banner weapons (a handcannon last time) would drop to you. The rest of the weapons and gear has to be purchased now. It's boots and leg this week. Dunno about the weapon but two you can definitely buy and the other two are random drops (4 in total if I have to believe Bungie's weekly update.

Edit: JUST GOT A SPARROW GIFT FROM THE POSTMASTER!

Yeah, for having the expansion pass.

And shit. I got boots from the raid 4 hours ago.i need gloves for 30. And they are drops?

Shit. Shit. Shiiiiiit.

Jinjo

Yeah, for having the expansion pass.

And shit. I got boots from the raid 4 hours ago.i need gloves for 30. And they are drops?

Shit. Shit. Shiiiiiit.

Armor are buyable, only weapons are drops.

So there are two permutations per armor type with different perks (just different increased reload speed), a fusion rifle and scout rifle is buyable too. Boots are rank 3, legs and weapons are rank 4. No marks needed, everything takes glimmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom