• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ark .. cheers guys :(

My sniper is so week, need to upgrade it but i'm lazy lol

At least when i do it for my lads account he has Plan C fully done up, little shit :(

Would not mind i got it him during nightfall the other week while he was in bed lol

TTG

Iron Banner stuff is a bit of a letdown and that's besides the point that it's offering the 2 items that will not get me to 30. Anyone who has raid boots will know not to bother with IB boots(raid ones have a heavy ammo buff that carries to pvp, a huge advantage) and the gauntlets are vanilla gauntlets when it comes to perks, I'll be keeping mine as they have increased grenade throw distance. Scout rifle looks cool(A.1 with extra range in terms of stats) and I don't know anything about fusion rifles, so that may be worth it as well.

I'll grind my alt to rank 3 because I could use the level 30 gear and think about getting the weapons on my main anyway, pvp is what's fun.

Fitts

Found Verdict is my go-to secondary in Crucible and I currently have it at 277 damage. (two damage upgrades away from max) Would it be worth burning the ascendants for Iron Banner or should it be fine as-is? I'm level 30 and my shotgun has honestly seen less and less use since rolling Hawkmoon.

EDIT: Need about 30 Spirit Bloom to max it and I find materials grinding insanely boring.

Rixa

Iam not a good PVP player at all and my level is only 28 at the moment.
So if I take part to IB and I will suck there (dying alot), what do I gain? Can I get some random rewards even tho I am the loser?

Second Nightfall. Got Arc Unfriendly Giant....eh

Third Nightfall: Got Insurmontable Skullfort. The Titan helmet I got after gambling three exotic helmet engrams for it. This game is taunting me :(

Meneses

Regarding the Expansion Pass sparrow, does anyone know if you also get it if you buy the Expansion now, or is it only for people who previously owned it?

TTG

First Iron Banner match was against 6 level 30s on a fireteam, I finished in first place with... a 0.75k/d. That's level 28, shotgun to the face barely took off a dude's shield. Taking one shot from Hawkmoon left a sliver of health and it wasn't the lucky round. Remember all those posts wondering about how unbalanced IB would be before it launched originally? Maybe I'll keep my alt out of this entirely.

Namikaze1

THANK YOU, BUNGIE!
B2uDXczIAAAcL7Y.jpg:orig
Exclusive to expansion pass owners. Have fun.
Oh I will. :)

LiK

Tried out some IB, oh man, so much more fun. No noobs with randoms so everyone does their shit. Pretty easy wins, playing with Gaffers should be super easy victories.

TTG

Second IB game, second time I'm matched against a 6 player fireteam of 30s. First place again, this time at 0.92 k/d and we had problems holding on to one control point. Opposing melees are one hit kills now, so that's fun. Congratulations Bungie, you made IB into what the rest of your game centers around, I'm sure people grinding a half dozen raids a week are elated at finally being able to declare in some small way that their time didn't just go down the drain.

EDIT: 3rd game I got in was already in progress, my would be team down 3k to 14k. Bailed straight out.

Soloed Nightfall got the legendary HC Venatiation III which is really the only other faction reward I wanted from Dead Orbit other than their shaders.

Hawkmoon still evades me.

Kensuke

Starting a fresh hard raid. Let's get one out of the way today.

1. Wretched_Walrus (lvl 30 hunter)
2. Dontbrickmebro (lvl 30 warlock)

Traded down 1 level (from 30 to 29) just to see if there's any noticeable difference in Iron Banner, and all of a sudden my melee special attacks barely take out the shields of level 30s. Dayum. If you're a level 30, I guess you will have a massive edge in this Iron Banner

Namikaze1

Tried to solo nightfall twice. Both times, I ended up getting to Septik. Both times, I was killed by a Dreg coming up from behind while I dealt with his pals before me. Fucking Dreg...

recks

Nightfall 1: 8 Energy
Nightfall 2: 11 Energy
Nightfall 3: Legendary Sniper

Warm up for all the Ass I will get from the Raids.

Kensuke

New page.

Starting a fresh hard raid. Let's get one out of the way today.

1. Wretched_Walrus (lvl 30 hunter)
2. Dontbrickmebro (lvl 30 warlock)
3. Alucrid (lvl 29 titan)

jett

D-Member
My level 19 dammerung still one-shotting everyone in Iron Bummer. :p I guess it really is more of a mode where you will find the most high level PVP play in the game than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom