• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinjo

Nightfall 1: 8 Energy
Nightfall 2: 11 Energy
Nightfall 3: Legendary Sniper

Warm up for all the Ass I will get from the Raids.

That's better than I did. Got two shitty dead orbit guns that I dismantled for a whopping total of 4 energy. And a Suros I already have, which I'm debating on dismantling or keeping unupgraded.

recks

That's better than I did. Got two shitty dead orbit guns that I dismantled for a whopping total of 4 energy. And a Suros I already have, which I'm debating on dismantling or keeping unupgraded.
I would take an Suros over all this energy any day, at least my alts would have fun with it.

noomi

Just heard that they fixed the templar cheese, you are no longer able to push him back with grenades and rocket launchers.... can anyone confirm?

ocean

Banned
Iron Banner: if I, as a level 30, attack a level 30 enemy will I do standard damage like other crucible modes or is TTK higher/lower?

Daemul

Iron Banner stuff is a bit of a letdown and that's besides the point that it's offering the 2 items that will not get me to 30. Anyone who has raid boots will know not to bother with IB boots(raid ones have a heavy ammo buff that carries to pvp, a huge advantage) and the gauntlets are vanilla gauntlets when it comes to perks, I'll be keeping mine as they have increased grenade throw distance. Scout rifle looks cool(A.1 with extra range in terms of stats) and I don't know anything about fusion rifles, so that may be worth it as well.

I'll grind my alt to rank 3 because I could use the level 30 gear and think about getting the weapons on my main anyway, pvp is what's fun.

Yeah, the IB gear is useless to me, but I'm just playing it to murder people lol.

Daemul

I don't even know if I can bothered doing the Raid this week. All I want is the shotgun and RNG continually fucks me over, it's not worth the stress I think.

jett

D-Member
I dunno what the latest PS3 update did to Destiny but my PS3 gets considerably louder while playing this thing now.

GECK

I don't even know if I can bothered doing the Raid this week. All I want is the shotgun and RNG continually fucks me over, it's not worth the stress I think.

Shotgun is like the most complained about drop (as in it always drops). Gotten at least 8

Namikaze1

One Noghtfall/Weekly done on one of my guardians. Will be doing it on my other two with LiK later. For now, I'll be playing either Far Cry or Dragon Age.

Namikaze1

If they fix the Templar cheese, people can still fall back on to the second cheese which is basically the Oracle cheesing method. People just need to take out oracles and wait for the shield guy to take out Templar's shields.

Ok time for a hard raid (on PS4), starting as soon as we get enough people:

1. Johan Liebert (Unknown837)

Quote and add your name if you're interested.

Rubenov

New page.

Starting a fresh hard raid. Let's get one out of the way today.

1. Wretched_Walrus (lvl 30 hunter)
2. Dontbrickmebro (lvl 30 warlock)
3. Alucrid (lvl 29 titan)

Add me: Rubenov25 - Level 30 Warlock

Edit: Have a friend with me - Darknyss Level 30 Warlock as well

Deku Tree

I got the EV-30 Tumbler from the postman! Sweet paintjob and I can totally barrel roll now!

Anyone else get this for free today?

XuCEfzt.jpg

How does it compare to the timebreaker?

ocean

Banned
If they fix the Templar cheese, people can still fall back on to the second cheese which is basically the Oracle cheesing method. People just need to take out oracles and wait for the shield guy to take out Templar's shields.
You mean sniping Oracles and Templar from the top? Where would relic holder go to avoid getting killed if he's alone at the bottom?

Namikaze1

You mean sniping Oracles and Templar from the top? Where would relic holder go to avoid getting killed if he's alone at the bottom?
Spirit Bloom cave. There's also some platforms high above next to where the Templar spawns during the Confluxes and Oracles phases you can still take the relic to.
I prefer the cave as the other is a bit tricky getting to. But it is easier to move out from and take down the shield than the cave.

Namikaze1

What? You guys never tried that method before? This was my team's method once the outer platforms were fixed, the relic was bound to the Templar stage, and before the grenade method was known.

Hyun Sai

Well, after some test, public events seem totally random now, unless you want to stay at least 20 minutes in a same zone. 3 gold Bounty is no longer worth the wait.

Did they mess with the balance of the weeklies? I'm soloing the weekly and I need to empty a full clip of my levelled voc into a yellow enemy before it dies, 6-7 headshots. This is ridiculus. My unlevelled patience and time needs 3-4 headshots to kill a captain. I don't remember it being like this?

Namikaze1

Did they mess with the balance of the weeklies? I'm soloing the weekly and I need to empty a full clip of my levelled voc into a yellow enemy before it dies, 6-7 headshots. This is ridiculus. My unlevelled patience and time needs 3-4 headshots to kill a captain. I don't remember it being like this?
They did. It was taking me 6-7 shots from a maxed out Fatebringer to take out shanks alone in Nightfall. With a team, it took me just 2-3 shots to kill one.

E92 M3

I'd love to get ass from the Nightfall. Also, I don't know what weapon to use for IB since vex is weak and Thorn is temporarily nerfed.

They did. It was taking me 6-7 shots from a maxed out Fatebringer to take out shanks alone in Nightfall. With a team, it took me just 2-3 shots to kill one.
Blegh. Sometimes I enjoy doing them by myself but this is no longer fun. Will do em later with a team then. Don't really get why they did it. They must really want to force people into group play.

X-Frame

Yeah, I don't like this change at all, but even though they're more difficult it still seems from GAF in here that it's still possible to solo, you just have to be more patient and careful.

Can anyone take screenshots of the Iron Banner gear and weapons available?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom