• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeOak

Yes that is what I mean, sorry. The PS exclusive Destiny strike on Mars is basically one extra room, otherwise it is almost the same as one of the story missions with a few extra enemies thrown into the mix. This is all I am expecting (or less) out of the new PS exclusive DLC strike.
You can get into the room of the new exclusive one in Mars.

Just do the black garden and use the bladedancer special in front of the sealed area. There are videos on YouTube about it.

Trakan

Where would you have them draw the line, then? Level 28? That's not hard to hit either - it can be done without a single piece of raid gear.

So 29?

So then IB is a fight between 29s and 30s? Not a very compelling solution. Their goal is to make it more challenging if you are underleveled/undergeared, not impossible. Sounds like you won't be pleased with IB unless level 30s are raid bosses.

They have to keep the experience somewhat accessible. They've put restrictions in place to make it more centered around the higher level players, but they can't just make it so level 30s stomp anybody who isn't level 30. Rather, they make it so if a player is say, 26 or 27, and they run into a 30 on the battlefield, that player should consider not engaging alone

They put crazy rewards in there. If you're underleveled, it should be hard to do. For as easy as it is to hit 27, and as hard is it is to hit 30, they should not be on equal playing ground. It should be near impossible for a 25 to kill a 30. This is a week long event, it should not play the same as regular multiplayer. I have no reason to play it otherwise.

J Jizzle

Anyone doing hard mode vault? Really need either the helmet or boots :( max weapons 29 warlock. Completed many times before. PSN: Super_Stew

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What time will this be? This will likely be too late for you but I'll be on looking to do it about 1130-12 your time. If whatever you're doing keeps you busy until that late I'll run it with you but otherwise no worries, get it and go to bed ;P
11:30pm tonight? Yeah that's likely when I'd be able to get on tonight if I do. Probably gonna be hitting up IB for an hour before our raid tomorrow if any of our crew wanna take part.
Also, I'll want some Hawkian dissection on determining if that Starfire Protocol will be better than Praxic Fire. It's tough because I use fusion grenades almost exclusively for grenades and I can really see getting a lot of utility out of having three of them OR being able to swap the trait to something else other than two grenades and still have two fusion grenades. On the other hand, Praxic allows me to get in multiple more grenades in Oprah Mode which is more bang for your buck than one more grenade upon recharge. That said, you're out of Radiance far more than in it so.... yeah, back and forth. I mentioned yesterady that it probably makes sense to use both and have Starfire for most encounters but swap to Praxic for bosses.
Sooo, yeah... both! lol

Ideally you'd have a full suite of high DIS for Starfire and high INT for Praxic. Praxic will be the better of the two in scenarios where you're getting a lot of orbs feeding you too.

Doodis

Someone on reddit did the math:

1. 2 wins needed to get to Rank 1. (1st class item gives 1.1 x 50 (55 Exp))
  2. 22 more wins to get to Rank 2. (2nd class item gives 1.1 x 1.1 x 50 (60 Exp))
  3. 40 more wins to get to Rank 3.
  4. 40 more wins to get to Rank 4. (3rd class item gives 1.1 x 1.1 x 1.1 x 50 (66 Exp))
  5. 36 more wins to get to Rank 5.

Holy shit, as a working/family man, I will never get to rank 4 for the gauntlets I need. :(

Can you buy the temper buff more than once (e.g. purchase one for each day)?

phen0m24

Anytime, bro. That was fun. RNGesus wasn't happy with me today. I will try to raid tonight and what happens.
You guys did 3 Nightfalls without me?
Sad face

Will try to get on later tonight and maybe we can replicate last night's rapid run
this time hopefully with better drops

Zocano

Sigh. Yah there's no point for me to try to do Iron Banner alone.

Too many people are bad at this game and I need to group up with y'all to even see any wins ):

Can't one-man-carry this game when it's full of garbage "surprise you got one-shotted!" bullshit.

spyder_ur

They put crazy rewards in there. If you're underleveled, it should be hard to do. For as easy as it is to hit 27, and as hard is it is to hit 30, they should not be on equal playing ground. It should be near impossible for a 25 to kill a 30. This is a week long event, it should not play the same as regular multiplayer. I have no reason to play it otherwise.

It sounds like it is hard to do. And getting to level 30 isn't "hard", it means you have been at least somewhat fortunate with drops.

I haven't played Iron Banner and I might not because it sounds grindy, but it's important to keep in mind a lot of players are well behind many on these boards in terms of progression. And that's fine; I think the worst thing they could do (in terms of keeping this game going for a long time) is to block game content from all but the top of the top of the mountain in terms of level. Just my opinion.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Two questions.

Is the Grotto area in Old Russia new, or did I just now stumble upon it? It's a cave off the Rocketyard. Too high level my current character but I'm curious to check it out later.

Other question is, do we start getting weapon parts and other items from dismantling gear at a certain level? I'm level 11 now and only twice have received anything other than glimmer for dismantling gear; I've taken apart upwards of 50 items at this point.
The Grottos are not new, just sort of off the beaten path.

White gear doesn't give you anything but glimmer.
So wait, how long does the Tempered buff thing last? You're better off buying it a week from now?
You want to use it as close to the end of the event as possible that you can still play for some reasonable time

breakfuss

Someone on reddit did the math:

1. 2 wins needed to get to Rank 1. (1st class item gives 1.1 x 50 (55 Exp))
  2. 22 more wins to get to Rank 2. (2nd class item gives 1.1 x 1.1 x 50 (60 Exp))
  3. 40 more wins to get to Rank 3.
  4. 40 more wins to get to Rank 4. (3rd class item gives 1.1 x 1.1 x 1.1 x 50 (66 Exp))
  5. 36 more wins to get to Rank 5.

Holy shit haha. I'll play a little just for the sake of it but no way am I going for level 4 lol.

TP-DK

Good run, thanks. Always nice to play with people who know what they're doing.

Feel bad about the drops though, I really don't need any new gear, but I got the chest, two sets of gloves, two sets of boots, another Hard Light, another Atheon's Epilogue and another ship.

All I want is a Mytho, Gallo or IB. Would give all my gear drops away for any one of those. >.<

Yeah that run went smooth.

I mostly got gear I already had. Boots, gauntlets, chest, praedyth revenge, atheons Epilogue. But getting VoC and Timebreaker makes up for it.

patchday

I just wish Iron Banner was Clash instead of Control. I guess IB is based on Control because that's a more popular mode? I would think Clash would be more popular.
The problem with Control is this game has way too much AoE to make it a viable mode. I hate standing in a tiny circle just waiting for a Void Warlock to come along and blow us all away. Or a rocket launcher. Or a Gunslinger. Or a Blade dancer. Hell, even a Titan smash can get ya but at least Titans are much easier to takeout since no one specs more defense during havoc smash thank goodness

Modes like Control work fine in other FPS because they have way less AoE. You only get one grenade in CoD: Advanced Warfare for ex. But in this game everyone has a crapton of AoE.

Now dont get me wrong my Defender Titan loves Control. I can just pop a bubble and troll. that's bout the only good thing bout Control

And man- dat grind to hit Rank 4 in Iron Banner. ouch yo. I'll probably hit it on one of my characters only because I always do Crucible anyway.

Wish I didnt blow all my glimmer on Heavy ammo packs for HM raid. Hopefully will ahve glimmer incase I actually hit rank 4. My dudes are all rank 1 already (from the last IB)

Trakan

It sounds like it is hard to do. And getting to level 30 isn't "hard", it means you have been at least somewhat fortunate with drops.

I haven't played Iron Banner and I might not because it sounds grindy, but it's important to keep in mind a lot of players are well behind many on these boards in terms of progression. And that's fine; I think the worst thing they could do (in terms of keeping this game going for a long time) is to block game content from all but the top of the top of the mountain in terms of level. Just my opinion.

Then they shouldn't advertise that "power matters" when it doesn't. Level advatanges turned on are literally the same damage against other players as in regular multiplayer. What's the point of this event? It's okay to cater to the top of the mountain for one event.

Deku Tree

Two questions.

Is the Grotto area in Old Russia new, or did I just now stumble upon it? It's a cave off the Rocketyard. Too high level my current character but I'm curious to check it out later.

Other question is, do we start getting weapon parts and other items from dismantling gear at a certain level? I'm level 11 now and only twice have received anything other than glimmer for dismantling gear; I've taken apart upwards of 50 items at this point.

Didn't you used to have a level 20+ character? Did it get deleted?

Two questions.

Gear has to be uncommon or above to give you weapon parts or class specific crafting materials

Zocano

I just wish Iron Banner was Clash instead of Control. I guess IB is based on Control because that's a more popular mode? I would think Clash would be more popular.
The problem with Control is this game has way too much AoE to make it a viable mode. I hate standing in a tiny circle just waiting for a Void Warlock to come along and blow us all away. Or a rocket launcher. Or a Gunslinger. Or a Blade dancer. Hell, even a Titan smash can get ya but at least Titans are much easier to takeout since no one specs more defense during havoc smash thank goodness

Modes like Control work fine in other FPS because they have way less AoE. You only get one grenade in CoD: Advanced Warfare for ex. But in this game everyone has a crapton of AoE.

Now dont get me wrong my Defender Titan loves Control. I can just pop a bubble and troll. that's bout the only good thing bout Control

And man- dat grind to hit Rank 4 in Iron Banner. ouch yo. I'll probably hit it on one of my characters only because I always do Crucible anyway.

Wish I didnt blow all my glimmer on Heavy ammo packs for HM raid. Hopefully will ahve glimmer incase I actually hit rank 4. My dudes are all rank 1 already

PVP would be better off with no supers.

Also no power weapons (shotguns snipers) at spawn.

Also everyone has the same stats.

Also put the power weapons on the map in the same locations every time with timed respawns.

Also give me a BR with 4-shot kill.

How frequently do IB weapons drop? I'm Really only going to play it for a chance at that HC and maybe sniper, to try out re-rolling perks, and shaders.

gatti-man

Modes like Control work fine in other FPS because they have way less AoEs. You only get one grenade in CoD: Advanced Warfare for ex. But in this game everyone has a crapton of AoE.

Wish I didnt blow all my glimmer on Heavy ammo packs for HM raid. Hopefully will ahve glimmer incase I actually hit rank 4. My dudes are all rank 1 already (from the last IB)

As ive played more pvp i play clash and skirmish far more than control. Control is a mosh pit of ridiculous weapons and aoe everywhere. Skirmish and clash are far more even feeling.

NastyBook

First off, let me say THANK YOU VERY MUCH to casmith for joining my fireteam as I sat nervously outside of Sepiks Prime's lair. Clutch Warlock self-revive is clutch. I honestly cannot say whether or not I'd have been able to do it myself, so thanks for showing up.

Aside from that, words cannot describe...
iAeB8nQglKBKe.jpg

iTvCz8K7s7UCG.jpg

Never got the Conference Call on Borderlands, so this more than makes up for that. Time to level this bitch up...:D

patchday

As ive played more pvp i play clash and skirmish far more than control. Control is a mosh pit of ridiculous weapons and aoe everywhere. Skirmish and clash are far more even feeling.

Yeah I wish they let us choose or something. I'd choose skirmish or Clash. I know my 'old' pvp buddies in Destiny hated Control with a passion and I eventually learned to hate it too

IMO clash would be a bigger camping fest then control is right now.

How? Focused points where you know players will go, people concentrating on the capture points rather than where campers are hiding, the other team using their supers mainly on clearing out capture points so they won't have them ready for campers, etc.

Control is a camper's wet dream. I immediately quit out of control matches on First Light. I can't stand it. Sniping takes virtually no skill in this game and that map is perfect for it. It's awful.

Dante316

PVP would be better off with no supers.

Also no power weapons (shotguns snipers) at spawn.

Also everyone has the same stats.

Also put the power weapons on the map in the same locations every time with timed respawns.

Also give me a BR with 4-shot kill.

Thats not destiny then, but mayb the hardcore playlist will have some things you asked.

spyder_ur

Then they shouldn't advertise that "power matters" when it doesn't. Level advatanges turned on are literally the same damage against other players as in regular multiplayer. What's the point of this event? It's okay to cater to the top of the mountain for one event.

Are you saying it doesn't matter at all? I haven't played it as I said so I can't say. I'd be fine with a PVP mode that was only playable for 29s and 30s. But this is one of their 'events' and as such should be at least somewhat interesting for the majority of the player base that aren't at those levels.

E92 M3

First off, let me say THANK YOU VERY MUCH to casmith for joining my fireteam as I sat nervously outside of Sepiks Prime's lair. Clutch Warlock self-revive is clutch. I honestly cannot say whether or not I'd have been able to do it myself, so thanks for showing up.

Aside from that, words cannot describe...
iAeB8nQglKBKe.jpg

iTvCz8K7s7UCG.jpg

Never got the Conference Call on Borderlands, so this more than makes up for that. Time to level this bitch up...:D

Enjoy the weapons that will solve any problem: marital, social, financial, atheon, car - anything!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yup.

Control is fine for learning the maps and some of them had their cap points/spawns improved in the recent patch. But generally speaking just the nature of the maps and abilities routed in Control means that I'm going to die sitting along with 2 or 3 or more of my teammates while capping a point due to the use of some super. Then there's the whole "hey guys, we have two points, stop doing anything that isn't HOLDING THESE TWO POINTS" frustration with randoms. Control just seems to emphasize all the things everyone complains about in Destiny's PvP without any reciprocation for tactical play.

Clash I can play solo and still contribute and even carry a team; Skirmish I can't play with randoms but it's my favorite mode to have GAFers in, along with Salvage. I actually love Rumble as well, and consider it deceptively well-balanced.

Control alone is just painful for me these days. I'm sure it's still fun with a group though.

Zocano

Thats not destiny then, but mayb the hardcore playlist will have some things you asked.

Well, I hope the joke was obvious to you, but I get why certain things are there.

But supers, primarily, are the only things I have a problem with. It's a super potent "kill streak" that everyone gets to use and therefore there never feels to be any strategy.

You just see a bladedancer rushing a group of you and all you can do is die.

gdt

Goddamit ballerhorn from NF? I literally got shit from it. Worse than coins really. I'm leveling a Warlock (lvl 14, will jump straight to 26) so hopefully I get something decent from a NF this week.

Raid and Hard Raids too of course. Last week was a good one for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom