• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daemul

Just top scored in an Iron Banner match with a 5.2 k/d. And with that, I retire from Iron Banner. It was fun for awhile, but now I see why Bungie were so cautious with the level advantages to begin with lol. It's better this way though, since the IB is now what is was first advertised to be. Working as intended(in the non-sarcastic way)

First off, let me say THANK YOU VERY MUCH to casmith for joining my fireteam as I sat nervously outside of Sepiks Prime's lair. Clutch Warlock self-revive is clutch. I honestly cannot say whether or not I'd have been able to do it myself, so thanks for showing up.

Aside from that, words cannot describe...
iAeB8nQglKBKe.jpg

iTvCz8K7s7UCG.jpg

Never got the Conference Call on Borderlands, so this more than makes up for that. Time to level this bitch up...:D

What an asshole!!

Sane_Man

I seriously need like a hundred IB wins to get both level 30 armours?? Fuck that. At least it's so ridiculous that I don't need to bother playing the shitty pvp mode at all now.

Daemul

Sigh. Yah there's no point for me to try to do Iron Banner alone.

Too many people are bad at this game and I need to group up with y'all to even see any wins ):

Can't one-man-carry this game when it's full of garbage "surprise you got one-shotted!" bullshit.

You're still getting one shotted? I've been surviving point blank Fusion rifle shots and sniper headshots, though I am a Titan, which may play a part.

Trakan

Are you saying it doesn't matter at all? I haven't played it as I said so I can't say. I'd be fine with a PVP mode that was only playable for 29s and 30s. But this is one of their 'events' and as such should be at least somewhat interesting for the majority of the player base that aren't at those levels.

It may matter more against people in the low 20s, but anyone I'm playing against is the exact same damage as in regular multiplayer. 27 damage for auto rifles headshots, etc.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Curious. What's the difference between now and later? Or is it just better to use it when you have the most time to take advantage?
It will count for more the later in the week you activate it

A boon from the Lords of Iron purchased from Lord Saladin, Tempering speeds Event Standing gained in the Iron Banner for twelve hours and becomes increasingly effective every day the Iron Banner is available.
Actually, when does IB finish? I'm away for the weekend so for me if I can pop it Monday morning it's a winner for me.
should be ok

LiK

It may matter more against people in the low 20s, but anyone I'm playing against is the exact same damage as in regular multiplayer. 27 damage for auto rifles headshots, etc.

The difference I noticed is that most people are just better players overall cuz low levels can't join without a lvl 20 being team leader. Forget dmg etc, it's just more fun for me cuz people actually do the objectives and winning is important to rank up. That's what I like about it.

Fitts

I asked this several hours ago but (understandably) didn't receive a response. Found verdict has been my secondary of choice for crucible and is currently at 277 damage. Is there any reason to max it for Iron Banner or should I hang onto the ascendants?

The main reason why I don't want to upgrade it further is because I would need a bunch of spirit bloom to do so and i find materials farming to be incredibly boring.

11:30pm tonight? Yeah that's likely when I'd be able to get on tonight if I do. Probably gonna be hitting up IB for an hour before our raid tomorrow if any of our crew wanna take part.

Sooo, yeah... both! lol

Ideally you'd have a full suite of high DIS for Starfire and high INT for Praxic. Praxic will be the better of the two in scenarios where you're getting a lot of orbs feeding you too.

Yeah I hang out with a few friends every Tue and get home between 1130-1145 EST so usually not much Destiny on that day but I do try to get the weeklies and daily in and PvE bounties if I have extra time (I'm not EST ;P). I finally created an alt and knocked out all of Earth with him. My baby Titan is now lvl 8 wooooh look out Hive, I'm coming to the moon! I have an exotic chest (failed attempt at Praxic from Xur engram) and a legendary boot waiting for him in the vault so once I hit lvl 20, Boom! instant levels.

No doubt both are worth having but if you were to wear one for the majority of the time, which would it be? I keep thinking I'd get more out of Starfire because of how much I use fusion grenades. Then again, if I have the luck I did getting Praxic, I won't get Starfire for forever so I guess my choice will be made for me ;P Unfortunately, if you're level 30, you have jack shit for intellect. At least for Warlock, all the Raid gear is Strength and Discipline, emphasis on Strength. I have max Strength with all Raid gear but that will change when I swap to Praxic once it's leveled as it will boost Discipline up more rather than strength, still no Int.

Sullichin

Got the Iron Banner boots. Rank 4 for the gloves is my path to level 30, finally. Appropriate for me since I have spent more time in PVP than anything else since launch.

Didn't they say something about being able to reforge Timurs Lash? Can the armor drop from matches with different stats than what the vendor sells?

Trakan

The difference I noticed is that most people are just better players overall cuz low levels can't join without a lvl 20 being team leader. Forget dmg etc, it's just more fun for me cuz people actually do the objectives and winning is important to rank up. That's what I like about it.

That's fine that you like it, but it's not what they advertised.

Sullichin

I asked this several hours ago but (understandably) didn't receive a response. Found verdict has been my secondary of choice for crucible and is currently at 277 damage. Is there any reason to max it for Iron Banner or should I hang onto the ascendants?

The main reason why I don't want to upgrade it further is because I would need a bunch of spirit bloom to do so and i find materials farming to be incredibly boring.

Mines only at 267 and it's been fine in IB, don't think its really worth it.

Out 1

I run with FV at 267 and still am able to one-shot lvl 30 characters.

Something that I didn't see in the patch notes but have read on other sites and just verified myself are those damn bugged dead ghosts have finally been fixed! Just picked up the one in Bunker RAS-2 and going for the other two or three that glitched out on me.

I have all the non-ascendant energy upgrades and I do fine with it at level 29. Even against level 30s. It does enough close range damage, I don't think there's any need to upgrade it completely.

CREMSteve

Something that I didn't see in the patch notes but have read on other sites and just verified myself are those damn bugged dead ghosts have finally been fixed! Just picked up the one in Bunker RAS-2 and going for the other two or three that glitched out on me.

I went looking for the one on Mars last night and it still wasnt showing up for me. :(

Pickman

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2mogrb/pick_where_atheon_sends_your_fireteam_video/

So this guy has (possibly) figured out how to make Atheon teleport you to the timestream of your choice.

I was running the Atheon encounter when I noticed two red dots on either side of the arena in (somewhat) close proximity to the sync plates. The one near the Mars plate is at about 7 o'clock if you are standing on the pillar facing Atheon, a little above eye level, and the one near the Venus plate is at about 2 o'clock a little further up if you are standing on that pillar. At first I tried shooting the dot near the Mars (or past) plate with a single shot from my icebreaker (not sure if there's a damage threshold to "flip the switch"). I noticed that at the start of every encounter, shooting the Mars side dot would cause my fireteam to start the sequence with a Venus (or future) teleport.

I tried this over 15+ runs and was able to determine the teleport location every time...with ONE exception. During one encounter, I tried having the rest of my fireteam open the sync plate which corresponded to the red dot I had just shot, and sent one of my teammates through before Atheon's first teleport. This caused the three members of my team to be sent to the other location, presumably because Atheon didn't like us screwing with him.

May be worth testing on normal mode just to see.

Mupod

As ive played more pvp i play clash and skirmish far more than control. Control is a mosh pit of ridiculous weapons and aoe everywhere. Skirmish and clash are far more even feeling.

yeah, skirmish was frustrating to me because it felt like every match I was stuck with goobers who ran in like lemmings against organized teams. I heard this patch made it less likely that you'd run into full 3-man groups as a solo, so I tried it out again. I ended up with a solid team last night and we had a close match against two good players and one useless guy - afterwards I ended up in a group with the two high scorers from the other team. We then stuck together for a few rounds and dominated easily. It's fun when you can trust people to watch your back and there are far fewer random unavoidable deaths.

I still like Control but it can be a really frustrating clusterfuck that exposes this game's issues.

Mupod

Which PVP mode is recommended for the Thorn Bounty?

I was averaging 40-50 points per round in rumble, then tried control and was getting 100-120. Might have just gotten lucky with bad opponents though.

I'd imagine skirmish would work well if you had a good team. You'd die a lot less.

I used a blue fusion rifle with a fast charge rate for pretty much the whole bounty. I still use it, thing's nice.

LiK

yeah, skirmish was frustrating to me because it felt like every match I was stuck with goobers who ran in like lemmings against organized teams. I heard this patch made it less likely that you'd run into full 3-man groups as a solo, so I tried it out again. I ended up with a solid team last night and we had a close match against two good players and one useless guy - afterwards I ended up in a group with the two high scorers from the other team. We then stuck together for a few rounds and dominated easily. It's fun when you can trust people to watch your back and there are far fewer random unavoidable deaths.

I still like Control but it can be a really frustrating clusterfuck that exposes this game's issues.

I don't play Skirmish with randoms anymore. I always have at least one person from friends list. Cuz even a good team of two can dominate a terrible team of three.

So glad that Bungie made it so that by grinding hours upon hours in Iron Banner, you can receive level 30 gear.

This, of course, means that level 30 gear is only obtainable through PvP or through a co-op raid.

Thanks, Bungie, for continuing to screw over those of us who prefer to play PvE and to play it entirely solo.

Mindlog

Friend did the Nightfall for me and I managed to squeeze in one game of Iron Banner on Delphi with my still broken, but maxxed Thorn. First game finished Unbroken/Reign of Terror. With 30 fewer kills than first place lol. This is going to be fun.

noomi

Need 3 people for hard mode fresh run. Level 30 please with mic. Starting as soon as we fill up. Leave your psn :)

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Yeah I hang out with a few friends every Tue and get home between 1130-1145 EST so usually not much Destiny on that day but I do try to get the weeklies and daily in and PvE bounties if I have extra time (I'm not EST ;P). I finally created an alt and knocked out all of Earth with him. My baby Titan is now lvl 8 wooooh look out Hive, I'm coming to the moon! I have an exotic chest (failed attempt at Praxic from Xur engram) and a legendary boot waiting for him in the vault so once I hit lvl 20, Boom! instant levels.

No doubt both are worth having but if you were to wear one for the majority of the time, which would it be? I keep thinking I'd get more out of Starfire because of how much I use fusion grenades. Then again, if I have the luck I did getting Praxic, I won't get Starfire for forever so I guess my choice will be made for me ;P Unfortunately, if you're level 30, you have jack shit for intellect. At least for Warlock, all the Raid gear is Strength and Discipline, emphasis on Strength. I have max Strength with all Raid gear but that will change when I swap to Praxic once it's leveled as it will boost Discipline up more rather than strength, still no Int.

I will be on late tonight if you wanna run Hard Mode raid at around 11pm central? Pretty sure we're on each other's friends lists, you took me through my first complete raid :D. Level 30 Defender Titan, PSN Tokunbo.

I was averaging 40-50 points per round in rumble, then tried control and was getting 100-120. Might have just gotten lucky with bad opponents though.

I'd imagine skirmish would work well if you had a good team. You'd die a lot less.

I used a blue fusion rifle with a fast charge rate for pretty much the whole bounty. I still use it, thing's nice.

Rumble was the easiest for me.

I still need to do the last part of that bounty. Wish it had matchmaking.

wish everything had matchmaking

Thanks, I'll try out Rumble and Control and see how it goes. I have a blue void shotgun that I'm going to try to use unless I get something better.

PuMa

So glad that Bungie made it so that by grinding hours upon hours in Iron Banner, you can receive level 30 gear.

This, of course, means that level 30 gear is only obtainable through PvP or through a co-op raid.

Thanks, Bungie, for continuing to screw over those of us who prefer to play PvE and to play it entirely solo.

Wow. Can't please everyone, I guess.

Magik

The game continues to troll me... got a my 4th boots and 5th raid armor... still no helmet. On top of that, the boots is better than what I have currently equipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom