• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

I like Kabr's raid Titan armor better than the look of all the other classes raid armor. But I hate the look of my vanguard legendary Titan armor.

Zakalwe

Banned
Yes, I think there is. This may be anecdotal but I haven't gotten a single exotic bounty and I am almost level 30. I looked at a few YouTube vids and i saw that the guy turned in multiple completed bounties at the same time and got his exotic bounty in the video. As soon as i tried doing that, i got my exotic bounty for Pocket Infinity. This may be anecdotal, but I think it does improve your chances.

(also, I don't think that you can get an exotic bounty before level 20, but not 100% sure)

You get a chance at an exotic bounty whenever you turn in a bounty. If you turn in five at once that's five chances in a row.

I really don't think there's anything more to it.

deafmedal

So my buddies who hopped out last night at hard Atheon need to finish the fight, ps4, anyone willing to help us out? Need three, preferably 30's, and I could drop if 4 peeps need to finish as I hopped in GAFs backpack last night...

PSN deafmedal

Ourobolus

Banned
Hunter club is where it's at though.

Hunter is still my favorite, but damn if playing a Striker Titan isn't satisfying. The super, the grenades - just a powerhouse. And Lift is amazing.

So far, Warlock is my least favorite, and honestly, most of it comes down to Glide.

Fuck Glide.

Namikaze1

My own personal rank:
Overall
Titan > Hunter > Warlock

Appearance
Hunter > Titan = Warlock

Raid Usefulness
Titan = Warlock > Hunter

EL CUCO

I have to admit I was one of those 'don't give me the relic' guys until Bungie forced the randomness in the patch.

Now I can use it pretty confidently and it's more fun for me. In spite of whatever the motivation was to make this change I kinda like it.

Running the Relic is fun! we ran a hard Raid this weekend with some Gaffers and one of the level 30's with us had never touched it before. We looked at him and said "You gon' learn today". He did great.

I wish you could mess with upgrade options from the web portal. I usually read this thread at work, and want to change perks and abilities while the info is fresh in my head. By the time I get home, eat dinner, get the kids to bed, watch some TV, and finally fire up Destiny...I've completely forgotten the changes I wanted to make.

Deku Tree

I wish you could mess with upgrade options from the web portal. I usually read this thread at work, and want to change perks and abilities while the info is fresh in my head. By the time I get home, eat dinner, get the kids to bed, watch some TV, and finally fire up Destiny...I've completely forgotten the changes I wanted to make.

Story of my life. Sometimes I save single posts as an open browser window on my phone to remind myself. Most of the time though I never get around to looking at them again.

LiK

Ok, I can't do Raid at all. My left stick is getting worst. Not gonna fly for Hard Raid. I'm gonna just level with Millenia tonight.

Sorry figs, I love you.

Namikaze1

1) Gjallahorn
2) Vision of Confluence (Gjallahorn)
3) Ice Breaker (Gjallahorn)
4) Hawkmoon (Gjallahorn)
5) Suros Regime (Gjallahorn)
6) Vex Mythoclast (Gjallahorn)
7) Fatebringer (Gjallahorn)
8) Thunderlord (Gjallahorn)
9) Athean's Epilogue (Gjallahorn)
10) Corrective Measure (Gjallahorn)

Edit: Switched Plan C with Corrective Measure

If anyone is doing hard raid at gatekeepers then atheon, I'd be interested in joining your group. That's all I have left to clear before reset. 30 Titan on PSN.

Milennia

1) Gjallahorn
4) Hawkmoon (Gjallahorn)
10) Plan C (Gjallahorn)

my exact list nearly

Milennia

Ok, I can't do Raid at all. My left stick is getting worst. Not gonna fly for Hard Raid. I'm gonna just level with Millenia tonight.

Sorry figs, I love you.

mine is also awful right now lol

left stick is barely there and my right trigger sticks so i can't even use rockets in raid anymore

its time for a new controller lol

Samus4145

Finally got to try the raid on Sat. 6 hours later and we got stuck on Atheon. Everyone knew what to do, but always random things would happen.

Going to use my checkpoint to hopefully beat him tonight before reset. Wish me luck!

Namikaze1

you're uninvited
you're still my favorite hunter, senpai!
Don't tell math!
Why don't you want my golden gun in your raid? Unlimited GG during Times Vengeance has to be better than whatever a Warlock has to offer.
Warlock has self revive which is quite useful in hard. I'm not saying Hunters suck in the raid, I'm just saying that compared to the other two classes, it's not as useful. Warlocks have that self revive while Titans have the bubble.

mine is also awful right now lol

left stick is barely there and my right trigger sticks so i can't even use rockets in raid anymore

its time for a new controller lol

Sorry figs, I love you.

Yeah my L1 is messed up. Everytime I press it, its stuck and refuses to pop back up..I need dat blue DS4

Don't tell math!

Warlock has self revive which is quite useful in hard. I'm not saying Hunters suck in the raid, I'm just saying that compared to the other two classes, it's not as useful. Warlocks have that self revive while Titans have the bubble.

I agree about the bubble (weapons and armor of light are great and should be deployed often), but the self revive won't be necessary if I clear all of the supplicants and the Titan gives extra armor.Can a Warlock self revive and still get flawless?

Don't tell math!

What you're saying is Warlocks are free to suck basically. :p

Titan bubble is definitely most useful since it benefits the whole team. Warlock self-revive only benefits the person that got themselves killed. My Warlock is a Voidwalker anyway.

YourFriend

Neo Member
Putting a hard raid together for 7pm eastern on PS4.

1.WHOAguitarninja (level 30 hunter)
2.Danno333(level 29 hunter)
3.The_Reckoning (level 29 hunter)
4.Indrid Cold
5.x_Magic_ox (level 30 Warlock)
6.?

Need one more. Namer? HighonPCP? Either of you want do it at 7 pm Eastern?

Have an Atheon Checkpoint if you want. lol 30 hunter. PSN GhostSR25

1) Gjallahorn
4) Hawkmoon (Gjallahorn)
10) Corrective Measure (Gjallahorn)

Edit: Switched Plan C with Corrective Measure

Favorite weapons to use or most effective weapons? For me that would be two separate lists cause as much as I love how effective Ice Breaker is I don't get much joy out of using it

Namikaze1

I agree about the bubble (weapons and armor of light are great and should be deployed often), but the self revive won't be necessary if I clear all of the supplicants and the Titan gives extra armor.Can a Warlock self revive and still get flawless?
Nope.

What you're saying is Warlocks are free to suck basically. :p

Titan bubble is definitely most useful since it benefits the whole team. Warlock self-revive only benefits the person that got themselves killed. My Warlock is a Voidwalker anyway.
it's more useful now due to all the raid bugs and potentially being sent alone by Athean. :p

But yes, Titans are the most useful in the raid.

R0ckman

Anyone know why they decided to axe exotic boss drops like in the audience previews? Was it that this was supposed to be a bigger game with more items ready at launch but the lack of rare and exotics drops resulted in bosses not dropping exotics and them being confined to after strike, raid, crucible rolls?

I also noticed that the radar didn't suck originally and was actually more informative. The radar is VERY bad now even when you understand how it works, it's kind of like a vague radar that tells you KIND OF where the enemy is.

I just don't get it. I'm assuming that was done to kind of even the playing field a bit.

SkylineRKR

I constantly hope they make Ice Breaker more useless by tweaking ammo or cooldown on packs. A shortcut key would help too, i'd rather have ammo packs instead of dances.

I resort to it only because of that damn Sniper ammo running out within a minute. I never enjoy the weapon. I much rather grab Patience and Time or Praedyth. But when they're out and my pack is on a 5 min cooldown (even if I used heavy), gg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom