• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
So glad that Bungie made it so that by grinding hours upon hours in Iron Banner, you can receive level 30 gear.

This, of course, means that level 30 gear is only obtainable through PvP or through a co-op raid.

Thanks, Bungie, for continuing to screw over those of us who prefer to play PvE and to play it entirely solo.

You know there's no reason to be level 30 if you're not doing group content, right?

Literally. No. Reason.

There aren't even achievements/trophies tied to it. None of your abilities are tied to it.

The only thing that is telling you to be level 30 is you.

lunlunqq

You guys did 3 Nightfalls without me?
Sad face

Will try to get on later tonight and maybe we can replicate last night's rapid run
this time hopefully with better drops

I can help tonight after 8:00PM EST. Hopefully you will have better luck than me.

You know there's no reason to be level 30 if you're not doing group content, right?

Literally. No. Reason.

There aren't even achievements/trophies tied to it. None of your abilities are tied to it.

You mean aside from the fact that most of the level 30 gear is aesthetically pleasing? Give me 29 gear that looks as sweet as the level 30 gear, and I wouldn't have any issues at all.

soundpross

Neo Member
Would any 2 people be interested in joining a hard mode raid this evening?

It would be around 8:30 eastern, so roughly 6 hours from now.
Ill be down for that. I'm a lvl 29 sunslinger w/ vision of confluence icebreaker and corrective measures tho but I did do hard once before with 2 lvl 30s and 4 29s lol
PSN soundpross

Trakan

So glad that Bungie made it so that by grinding hours upon hours in Iron Banner, you can receive level 30 gear.

This, of course, means that level 30 gear is only obtainable through PvP or through a co-op raid.

Thanks, Bungie, for continuing to screw over those of us who prefer to play PvE and to play it entirely solo.

Well you're in luck as there's no reason to hit 30 aside from raids or PVP.

Pickman

Forget the gear. Let's play for fun guys!

you-filthy-casual-meme.jpg

Mindlog

Literally. No. Reason.

30 Helps a bit during the Nightfalls and such. However, that's nothing compared to the advantage a Fatebringer gives you during Arcburn. Elemental primaries are the biggest boons a solo only player is missing out on.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah I hang out with a few friends every Tue and get home between 1130-1145 EST so usually not much Destiny on that day but I do try to get the weeklies and daily in and PvE bounties if I have extra time (I'm not EST ;P). I finally created an alt and knocked out all of Earth with him. My baby Titan is now lvl 8 wooooh look out Hive, I'm coming to the moon! I have an exotic chest (failed attempt at Praxic from Xur engram) and a legendary boot waiting for him in the vault so once I hit lvl 20, Boom! instant levels.
Mm yeah tuesday is GW2 time/friends stuff. My Titan is level 15! Maybe even 16, not sure
No doubt both are worth having but if you were to wear one for the majority of the time, which would it be? I keep thinking I'd get more out of Starfire because of how much I use fusion grenades. Then again, if I have the luck I did getting Praxic, I won't get Starfire for forever so I guess my choice will be made for me ;P Unfortunately, if you're level 30, you have jack shit for intellect. At least for Warlock, all the Raid gear is Strength and Discipline, emphasis on Strength. I have max Strength with all Raid gear but that will change when I swap to Praxic once it's leveled as it will boost Discipline up more rather than strength, still no Int.
If I had to pick one to wear the majority of the time it would be the cooler-looking one XD And I haven't seen Starfire yet.

Per the bold, that actually doesn't matter for anything except the Hard Raid/Iron Banner, and especially doesn't matter for regular Crucible. as long as your build holds you to 28 you can swap around pieces at will, I've been doing it ever since I worked out a second exotic build, so that's what I had in mind saying that.

Nice, thanks. Can I buy it from my PC, or do I basically need to do it on my console?
It's just a code you enter into PSN, one assumes you can buy it however you like. long as you get the code to put in.

I would. 30 Warlock. PSN: Darknyss

Ill be down for that. I'm a lvl 29 sunslinger w/ vision of confluence icebreaker and corrective measures tho but I did do hard once before with 2 lvl 30s and 4 29s lol

Awesome. We should be good then. I'm garunteed level 30 when we go. One of the other guys just got the gear for 30 2 days ago, so I don't know if he's got the XP on it yet or not.

Either way, most of us play pretty well and can overcome any level disadvantages.

Should be fun.

See you both in 6 hours. :)

Go ahead and send me a friend request if you haven't (Kor_of_Memory). I'm at work now, but I'll accept it from my phone.

You mean aside from the fact that most of the level 30 gear is aesthetically pleasing? Give me 29 gear that looks as sweet as the level 30 gear, and I wouldn't have any issues at all.

You must not have a Warlock then because their raid gear is hideous. You look like a conehead with boots you could wear to a rave. Super lame stuff.

R0ckman

Yup.

Control is fine for learning the maps and some of them had their cap points/spawns improved in the recent patch. But generally speaking just the nature of the maps and abilities routed in Control means that I'm going to die sitting along with 2 or 3 or more of my teammates while capping a point due to the use of some super. Then there's the whole "hey guys, we have two points, stop doing anything that isn't HOLDING THESE TWO POINTS" frustration with randoms. Control just seems to emphasize all the things everyone complains about in Destiny's PvP without any reciprocation for tactical play.

Clash I can play solo and still contribute and even carry a team; Skirmish I can't play with randoms but it's my favorite mode to have GAFers in, along with Salvage. I actually love Rumble as well, and consider it deceptively well-balanced.

Control alone is just painful for me these days. I'm sure it's still fun with a group though.

I feel the update to that mars control map is way worse, the B point is in a worse position. While taking over it, the enemy can respawn below it in an endless loop and run through the door and attack immediately. I remember last night I was killing a bunch guys at B and they just kept running up through that bottom door over and over (immediately after killing one, another would enter through the door) until they killed me. Maybe if he respawn time was longer in control.

Pickman

For the A.1F scout rifle: do you guys go with the armor-piercing rounds or field scout?

What does the armor-piercing perk even do?

Edit: NEVERMIND I WAS WRONG :D

After googling, it looks like AP rounds pierce your current target and can hit ones behind them, as well as shooting through single walls in PvP and into the "doorway" walls where mobs spawn, so when you see a gang of Vex coming you can waste them before they pop out through the doorway.

That's entirely subjective. I think the Titan raid armor is fugly. Especially that helmet.

But yeah...it's meant to be a social game. There is plenty you can do by yourself, but you're going to hit a wall eventually. It's the way the game is designed, like dozens of games in the genre. Did you like Halo? Tell me how much "PvE" content was there.

If it isn't satisfying you...stop playing maybe? Seems weird to get so worked up over a game that is "continually screwing" you...nobody is forcing you to play. If what you can already do totally solo isn't up to your standards, put the controller down and do something else with your time.

LiK

That's entirely subjective. I think the Titan raid armor is fugly. Especially that helmet.

But yeah...it's meant to be a social game. There is plenty you can do by yourself, but you're going to hit a wall eventually. It's the way the game is designed, like dozens of games in the genre. Did you like Halo? Tell me how much "PvE" content was there.

If it isn't satisfying you...stop playing maybe? Seems weird to get so worked up over a game that is "continually screwing" you...nobody is forcing you to play. If what you can already do totally solo isn't up to your standards, put the controller down and do something else with your time.

I love the Titan Raid Bracers and Chest. The Helm and Legs are definitely ugly.

LordofPwn

Anyone else want to see exotic armor bounties? I think it would be cool. or to be able to purchase bounties with marks/coins/motes? I also think the bounties should be longer (more steps) with more varied requirements/goals.

ocean

Banned
Had a wonderful Hard run with a great team. So smooth! Only a wipe or two during the entire thing.

Got Fatebringer so I'm ready to mess that Nightfall up. I'll rock Fatebringer, Patience & Time and an Arc Zombie Apocalypse or Unfriendly Giant.

Kalamari

Bungie needs to allow Transmogrification. Everyone wearing the same shit does get old.

I agree, think of all the effort that went in to designing the low level armor only to have it immediately discarded within a day as leveling occurs. Personally, I am a big fan of Firebreak and Illirian armors for titans, so much better than any of the legendary armors.

LiK

I agree, think of all the effort that went in to designing the low level armor only to have it immediately discarded within a day as leveling occurs. Personally, I am a big fan of Firebreak and Illirian armors for titans, so much better than any of the legendary armors.

There are some low level Titan helms with some great looking visors with some shaders. Really a shame you never see them again in higher level gear. All that art wasted.

EL CUCO

Seeing everybody posting their shiny yellow spoils from the Nightfall is making me anxious to get my run started.

Could today be the day of Gjallarhorn?
FUJn6pt.jpg

Bungie needs to allow Transmogrification. Everyone wearing the same shit does get old.

I disagree. Seeing the enemy lets me know what to expect from them.

I know if I see the Helm of Saint-14, that bubble needs to be extra avoided.

I know if I see a Hunter or Titan with Alpha Lupi, I need to focus fire them down in Skirmish/Salvage first before the rest of their team.

Etc...

Seeing the gear on my opponent lets me make decisions. Any kind of Transmog would eliminate that.

LiK

I disagree. Seeing the enemy lets me know what to expect from them.

I know if I see the Helm of Saint-14, that bubble needs to be extra avoided.

I know if I see a Hunter or Titan with Alpha Lupi, I need to focus fire them down in Skirmish/Salvage first before the rest of their team.

Etc...

Seeing the gear on my opponent lets me make decisions. Any kind of Transmog would eliminate that.

I don't even pay attention anymore to the armors. I just kill them. None of it really matters. Most are ugly. Personally, I wear whatever looks good to me. I don't even care about the perks or stats. I still do fine in PVP overall.

I'm not talking exclusively about raid gear, though. Some of the Iron Banner gear looks really sweet. And some of the raid gear I find pretty cool, too.

So watching the bungie stream about iron banner, it's great to hear level and gear really matter now compared to the last iron banner event.

It sounds like if you are within 3 levels of someone the curve is minor, anything outside of that is when it starts to get steep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom