• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

koryuken

L60Tghw.jpg

thx nightfall

I got you beat! I got a second pair of Sunbreakers from the nightfall!! (even better than Hard Atheon dropping two raid helmets, even though I already own one.)

McArkus

I disagree. Seeing the enemy lets me know what to expect from them.

I know if I see the Helm of Saint-14, that bubble needs to be extra avoided.

I know if I see a Hunter or Titan with Alpha Lupi, I need to focus fire them down in Skirmish/Salvage first before the rest of their team.

Etc...

Seeing the gear on my opponent lets me make decisions. Any kind of Transmog would eliminate that.

Sounds like you only need to see if they got exotic armor then. Don't see the problem with normal armorgetting better.

Will try to get those IB boots for my titan, lvl 30 is closer!

Gonna trade in CoD:AW and GTA V (360) today...I'm torn between buying the season pass for Destiny or getting GTA V PS4 haha

Don't buy the season pass until we know about the first pack and how good/bad it is in the wild, it's a lot of money to gamble if it's not that good.

Jrmint

So watching the bungie stream about iron banner, it's great to hear level and gear really matter now compared to the last iron banner event.

It sounds like if you are within 3 levels of someone the curve is minor, anything outside of that is when it starts to get steep.
I'm wondering if it's gonna be worth going into Iron Banner solo or if everyone is gonna be in pre-mades. I'd like to try it out but I don't really have a pvp team.

patchday

I know if I see a Hunter or Titan with Alpha Lupi, I need to focus fire them down in Skirmish/Salvage first before the rest of their team.

Etc...

Seeing the gear on my opponent lets me make decisions. Any kind of Transmog would eliminate that.

Nah. Because the titan that placed the bubble could have run off. A better design would have been to color that type of bubble differently. This way players know if they walk into a 'red' titan bubble, for example, they'll get blinded

I dont play Skirmish so dont care about Alpha Lupi myself. I do Clash, etc.But these types of players could have a 'holy' glow to them.

Bungie has no good reason to not add Transmorgification. Not a single one.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Etc...

it just shouldn't apply in pvp.

hydruxo

Don't buy the season pass until we know about the first pack and how good/bad it is in the wild, it's a lot of money to gamble if it's not that good.

Yeah you're right haha. Plus I kind of hate putting down money on something that isn't coming for a while. I mean I can play Dark Below in a few weeks but House of Wolves isn't coming until Spring. Probably just gonna go with GTA V.

Nah. Because the titan that placed the bubble could have run off. A better design would have been to color that type of bubble differently. This way players know if they walk into a 'red' titan bubble, for example, they'll get blinded

I dont play Skirmish so dont care about Alpha Lupi myself. I do Clash, etc.But these types of players could have a 'holy' glow to them.

Bungie has no good reason to not add Transmorgification. Not a single one.

Blatantly letting you know what kind of bubble it is defeats the purpose, no? It is supposed to be used both offensively and defensively. Coloring it differently and making it that obvious is basically rendering it useless.

I'm not talking exclusively about raid gear, though. Some of the Iron Banner gear looks really sweet. And some of the raid gear I find pretty cool, too.

It stinks that you can't get what you want out of the game, and I'm with you on Iron Banner being kindof a bummer. Unfortunately it's kindof a catch 22 where if they made Raid gear widely available outside the raid they would get rid of some of the elusivity and allure of the raid gear. Same goes for Iron Banner. It stinks I'll probably never get a piece of IB gear, but if they made it easy or widely available then that would cheapen it for those that want to wear it as some sort of badge of honor.

As some with a level 30 character, I can tell you it doesn't really do much for you outside of the hard raid though from a pragmatic standpoint. If you're not interested in the raid, there is no particularly compelling gameplay reason to chase level 30.

Going by the bungie stream the iron banner buff you can buy with light is more then a one time use.

This is confusing because they said it was one time only weeks ago, now they say it get's better every week and you can buy them as long as you have the light for it.

Make up your mind, Bungie!

I tried to catch up on the thread since the patch and i don't think i've seen someone talk about the exotic bounties (neither does the patch notes ...) but it seems they have been modified.

A friend of mine had the bounty for Invective (a dubious task) at the PVP level in his list and they modified the requirements to complete this part : now the assists are considered as a kill for the 25 K/D ratio (it's even written in the bounty). I have it as well on my warlock and maybe i will be able to finish it ...

I also have the bounty for Thorn (A light in the dark) running at the PVP level but the text in the bounty seems to be the same as before. I'll have to try it in PVP and hope that assists do count as well :)

assists always counted for both thorn +100 k/d and invective +25 k/d

Jinjo

Going by the bungie stream the iron banner buff you can buy with light is more then a one time use.

This is confusing because they said it was one time only weeks ago, now they say it get's better every week and you can buy them as long as you have the light for it.

Make up your mind, Bungie!

What the fuck. I have wasted so many rep gains today then. I got like 1400 rep today... :-|

X-Frame

I watched Datto's video on soloing the Nightfall and it didn't seem any different to him than it would be before yesterday's patch.

And it's hard to compare because this week is a different burn than the past, with Arc probably being the worst burn for Devil's Lair since most enemies use it.

I guess I'll find out when I get home tonight.

Alexalder

Banned
Why does it have to be objective mode again? People don't have a clue what they're doing. Lost five in a row. Can someone help? Alexalder on Xbox One

Another hard raid completed, another helm. >:[

I have two helms, two chests, and two boots. I need me some gloves!!
Why have you forsaken me RNGesus?

Bright side, I got Hezen Vengeance :D

I will be on late tonight if you wanna run Hard Mode raid at around 11pm central? Pretty sure we're on each other's friends lists, you took me through my first complete raid :D. Level 30 Defender Titan, PSN Tokunbo.
Oh hey buddy, I do indeed have you on my friends list I believe. I totally would but am doing HM Raid with my team tomorrow so need to get NF out of the way tonight for DAT xp. I'd have no problem running it again with you later in the week if you don't get it tonight!
Forget the gear. Let's play for fun guys!
I don't know what this means, can you please explain?

As an aside, we constantly joke in the Madden thread that no one in our league likes to actually play it. It's more of enjoying being a community and we're inconvenienced by our scheduled matches. This is mostly joking...mostly.
I can help tonight after 8:00PM EST. Hopefully you will have better luck than me.
Ok, I've seen your avatar enough times, what the heck is the context that has her making that face? haha
Mm yeah tuesday is GW2 time/friends stuff. My Titan is level 15! Maybe even 16, not sure

If I had to pick one to wear the majority of the time it would be the cooler-looking one XD And I haven't seen Starfire yet.

Per the bold, that actually doesn't matter for anything except the Hard Raid/Iron Banner, and especially doesn't matter for regular Crucible. as long as your build holds you to 28 you can swap around pieces at will, I've been doing it ever since I worked out a second exotic build, so that's what I had in mind saying that.

It's just a code you enter into PSN, one assumes you can buy it however you like. long as you get the code to put in.
Ahhh of course, GW2 content night too. They need to add a new race/starter city to bring me back to that world already, dammit! Then again, I have no idea how I'd balance these two games if I started a new character in that game haha Nice, if I catch up, our Titans can
suffer
through the story missions together on our quest to hit 20!

Indeed, at this level aesthetics will have a heavier weight. I really like how Praxic looks with Thunderdevil but we need to see how Starfire looks. I was wondering if having really high discipline would allow me to squeeze out another nade or two in Oprah Mode for PvE, that's not the case? I never tried to test the impact of these stats.

patchday

Blatantly letting you know what kind of bubble it is defeats the purpose, no? It is supposed to be used both offensively and defensively. Coloring it differently and making it that obvious is basically rendering it useless.

Like Kor was saying, a good pvper will look at the Titan's helm anyway and will know immediately they'll get blinded

Myself, I just never walk into an enemy bubble

As a Titan, it never ceases to amaze me why enemy randoms are entering my bubble and just giving me easy, free kills. They can see I have Armor of Light on + helm of saint.

To stop enemy defender titan I usually have fist of havoc ready. As a Hunter, a bladedancer has a good shot. Usually tho I'll make sure to attacha grenade to defenders before the bubble goes up

LordofPwn

Etc...

transmog on non exotic gear then?

LiK

Like Kor was saying, a good pvper will look at the Titan's helm anyway and will know immediately they'll get blinded

As a Titan, it never ceases to amaze me why enemy randoms are entering my bubble and just giving me easy, free kills. They can see I have Armor of Light on + helm of saint.

To stop enemy defender titan I usually have fist of havoc ready. As a Hunter, a bladedancer has a good shot. Usually tho I'll make sure to attacha grenade to defenders before the bubble goes up

I'm not talking about Exotics. They're exotics for a reason. We should be able to transmogrify Legendaries.

Dante316

Well I just bought gtav and dragon age for ps4, and of course its the iron banner week, decisions decisions. Gaf help, this has been the best holiday season in memory for me. Keep in kind I didn't play gtav on ps3. Too much goodness at once can suck lol

Totally agree with what you're saying. My only point was that there is a difference between looking at someone's helm (which can be difficult in the heat of battle) and seeing a bright red beacon of stay-the-fuck-away.

lunlunqq

Ok, I've seen your avatar enough times, what the heck is the context that has her making that face? haha

Taeyeon is just a born goddess and she's always cute like that. Now you feel compelled to ask about her. It's just her nature goddessness works its magic on you. ;)

le.phat

is that pocket infinity nerf also unintentional ?
The burstshot is now delayed per shot by almost a second, whereas before the patch, a burstshot was fired back to back :(

Man I haven't played in almost 2 days and I feel like I've missed out on a ton of shit or something.

What's happened that made this thread start moving even faster than it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom